Pages:
Author

Topic: Please, we should not totally eliminate fiat currency - page 17. (Read 27244 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I agree aside from that fiat is our own entitlement. without fiat, we can't have something that we can call our own. Eliminating fiat currency is hard just because we have cryptocurrency.
You're right many bitcoin user want to eliminate there fiat currency by replacing it with cryptocurrency or bitcoins which can never be happen. Evert hing can be ruined in just a second plus criminals use it. If they want to see destruction then replace btc with fiat.
Activity: 728
Merit: 11
https://streamies.io/
That's right, we need a complete policy and fiat money has done that. There are people in less developed countries and in remote areas they can not access new technology. So that's why fiat money should still be used in the future. Do not change it for any reason!
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
For one thing, Fiat has been with the economic world as long as we knew gold existed. I really doubt that we can eradicate the use of Fiat anymore than we want to. Maybe we'll use it less with electronic transactions but to eliminate it means that we will use something else (ie crypto currency) exclusively.
Activity: 276
Merit: 10
W12 – Blockchain protocol
Fiat currencies are not that easy to replace even if the cryptocurrencies are already in its prime use or trend. There's a lot of things that need to be addressed first before fiat can be replaced by cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 634
I don't think fiat currencies can be totally eliminated and be replaced by cryptos. Fiat currencies has been use for decades in doing transactions and most people prefer to use it than any other way of payment. It can be use offline which makes it easier to use.
Cryptos is just another way of payment just like debit cards, credit cards and check. It can be use by anyone but that doesn't mean that it will totally replace fiat.
Activity: 45
Merit: 1
What will happen it is just fiat now will be backed by crypto   Roll Eyes
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
I think the fiat currency will not be eliminated because there are still many countries in the world that do not accept cryptocurrency, nor do any people accept crypto as a new currency. Cryptocurrency and fiat currencies will remain in parallel in the future.
Activity: 112
Merit: 2
Hahahaha sounds like honest plea, but I think no matter how mainstream Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies become, fiats cannot be totally eliminated. This is because fiats are national identities of individual countries and eliminating them will be torching their national pride and identity. Again, there is a huge population who aren't tech savvy, the older generation who are very traditional in their approach to life. They would stick to the use of fiats for their transactions and nothing can make them change.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
I agree aside from that fiat is our own entitlement. without fiat, we can't have something that we can call our own. Eliminating fiat currency is hard just because we have cryptocurrency.
As much bitcoin and crypto currency is getting value I think fiat will get eliminated itself, now people are investing with crypto currency, they are buying with digital currency they are saving digital currency so the value of fiat has become almost zero, I can easily guess how less fiat currency will have value after few years, so we should prepare our minds for cashless and digital era which will be surely good for our economical state.
Activity: 602
You don't need to worry about fiat currency, fiat currency will survive because it is supported by the government, the government is more powerful to regulate the finances in its territory.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 294
www.licx.io
Of course this fiat currency will not be eliminated because the fiat currency still has demand and there are still many who use it so that it will not make the fiat currency die or be eliminated, I think in the future these two currencies will support each other and can be used to make any payment.
Activity: 1764
The fact that many poeple want this does not mean that they will be able to achieve this, without a fiat, we will not be able to live and this is a fact, so no need to worry about it. Cryptocurrency of course introduces its roots very quickly into everything that is possible, but as long as the green light from all governments is not received, we can not even think about it.
Activity: 1071
Merit: 253
Fiat money is our traditional way of transaction were we are and fiat is acceptable to all nations even in rural places so fiat is not merely replacing because of OP said that their is many places that to internet connection or what should I say is digital things so if they wan't to use digital money its hard to them.

Fiat will be used always. Even IF the cryptocurrency gains the greatest popularity, the traditional money will circulate in each country. people will never refuse from it.
Well you are right to some extent, fiat currency will not be eliminated fully as it will be use in some parts of country, as we can use it as an option as if in case we will not have any connection for internet or we will not have proper networking so them we will be able to use it, so better to find latest forum and use digital currency because our future is based on digital money for me fiat is just an optional currency now.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
Fiat money is so very important and it is more accessible for all people. Especially those poor and uneducated people. So why there are allot of people wanting to eliminate fiat money. I don't understand their point.
Activity: 462
Merit: 14
From what I have seen so far in this forum and other crypto platforms, most of us want fiat eliminated. But let us not forget that there are still situations whereby we can't use crypto except fiat like in rural places without computers or even internet facilities.
Of course, it should not be replace by any digital currency or cashless form for it will affect trading and exchanges in the markets. As we all know that internet will not work all the time for it needs some power to function just as the gadgets also to be used in completing transaction for this kind of trading. Fiat money should not be remove completely because it has a lot of use most of the time.
Activity: 170
Merit: 1
this will be very difficult to achieve, even though many people say that. because right, we unconsciously still need fiat money as a transaction tool. try to think realistically, don't be too non-realistic.
just imagine some bad effects if fiat money is replaced with digital money. with an unstable price it will have an adverse effect on the world economy.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 254
Activity: 357
Merit: 12
From what I have seen so far in this forum and other crypto platforms, most of us want fiat eliminated. But let us not forget that there are still situations whereby we can't use crypto except fiat like in rural places without computers or even internet facilities.

I agree to your point! Eliminating fiat currency is truly a bad decision ever for a reason that removing it will cause a huge trouble for all of us because without fiat what would be the currency of the people who haven't any access to the cryptocurrency? Not all the places and people are knowledgeable and accepting cryptocurrency as a currency particularly to the rural and undeveloped places so eliminating is not good.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
i  do not  think  that  it  is  going  to  happen  since   countries  can  not  do  without  fiat currency  there  will  be  a  big  mess and i  do not  think  that someone will like  and support  this idea.

It does't like that these countries can't do without their fiat currency but these days, they can just support Bitcoin and other crypto currencies what more is that it making it their currencies. But I do agree to what you just said after that, none on the government will just accept this idea since cryptos are just decentralized nowadays and it may be manipulated by whales.
Activity: 216
Merit: 17
Xircus
Of course it can never be happened even in many years comes by,.it is very much impossible to be happen fiat is a fiat to our entire decades we will not be worry of it no one can eliminate fiat.
Pages:
Jump to: