Pages:
Author

Topic: Police State? - page 20. (Read 25882 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 501
April 21, 2013, 12:53:16 PM
Armchair generaling after the fact is sooo easy.

especially when the poster isn't even an American and has no dog in the fight.  who the he'll cares what some foreigner thinks of how we operate?  want to change it take over America.  alternatively you could move here and vote.  the response was appropriate given the situation on the ground.

a foreigner complaining about how much we pay in taxes... oh that's rich!
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
April 21, 2013, 10:54:24 AM
All this show of force was unnecessary because one policeman would have been enough to arrest him.
The guy wasn't even found by the police but a random guy found him in his boat.

Exactly. All the wasted money from tax payers to pay the for fuel of heli's, tanks ect, taxes to line up these thugs with guns pockets was a huge waste of money. It took one citizen to find the guy vs 10,000 LEO's or how ever many leo's. I heard they even sent Chicago detectives and Chicago cops from Chicago over to boston, how much fucking money did that cost? Waste of tax payers money once again.
Yeah, well, maybe.  Problem is, nobody knew what they might be dealing with in any level of certainty. 

Armchair generaling after the fact is sooo easy.

(By the way I am seriously opposed to the para militarization of the police).
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
April 21, 2013, 10:44:06 AM
All this show of force was unnecessary because one policeman would have been enough to arrest him.

Exactly. All the wasted money from tax payers to pay the for fuel of heli's, tanks ect, taxes to line up these thugs with guns pockets was a huge waste of money. It took one citizen to find the guy vs 10,000 LEO's or how ever many leo's. I heard they even sent Chicago detectives and Chicago cops from Chicago over to boston, how much fucking money did that cost? Waste of tax payers money once again.
April 21, 2013, 09:33:38 AM
Show of force was in response to:

1) a shoot out (where another person who happened to be a police officer died)
2) suspect throwing pipe bombs out of their vehicle while fleeing
3) authority was chasing a suspected bomber who injured dozens and killed several

The response was 100% appropriate and welcomed by the neighborhood.

What are you missing? 

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
April 21, 2013, 05:09:13 AM

Which makes this response:
Then you die at the hands of a bomber in a known location and you are an idiot.  I send in every fucking machine and armored man I can to trap the guy in a corner.  You do recognize the militarization was IN RESPONSE to the death of a police officer, right?

Downright HILARIOUS. (Check out what he's responding to, for more lols)
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722
April 21, 2013, 05:04:01 AM
Denial seems to be the thing nowadays
I pity your hatred of America which is baseless and born of ignorance and jealousy.

Thinking of it more and more, maybe USA is not a police state but a militarized police state.
I live in the real world.  I live in Colorado Springs, Colorado and I am not afraid.  I am proud of the soldiers and their swift action in stopping two madmen.  Every American who lives in that neighborhood welcomed and cheered those soldiers.  If you are not a part of our community you will never understand how good it feels to be a proud American.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
April 20, 2013, 11:47:26 PM
Proof or it didn't happen.

The conflation of civilian and military power was quite a clam.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
April 20, 2013, 11:43:55 PM
You pointed to a graph showing us at the 5th most free state and that's bad because?

Facts like this one, of course!
April 20, 2013, 11:41:35 PM
On which thread? I've had to correct you a few times and it doesn't seem to be sinking in.

Proof or it didn't happen.
April 20, 2013, 11:40:10 PM
Just dealing with facts, dude.

On which thread? I've had to correct you a few times and it doesn't seem to be sinking in.
April 20, 2013, 10:39:40 PM
nonsense.
April 20, 2013, 10:35:07 PM
there will be no winners.

No. You aren't. You've assigned winners and losers to death of human beings. The death is fact. The assignment is not.
April 20, 2013, 10:26:38 PM
there will be no winners.

April 20, 2013, 10:25:05 PM
No one "won" in Boston. It was a loss for everyone involved.

I am emotional too, but if you want to deal with facts the fact appears to be that the two AMERICAN TERRORISTS were successful in achieving their objective; regardless of the horrific nature of that objective.

I'm not emotional at all. When you start counting bodies as "win/lose" you've accepted the game and are now part of it. Let me tell you now, there will be no winners.
April 20, 2013, 10:21:50 PM

I am emotional too, but if you want to deal with facts the fact appears to be that the two AMERICAN TERRORISTS were successful in achieving their objective; regardless of the horrific nature of that objective.
April 20, 2013, 10:19:19 PM
Come on world, try to start a war with us and see who is left standing.  Not the bombers.  1 dead and 1 seriously wounded.  The enemy won the first battle, the good guys won the war.  Again.

April 20, 2013, 10:15:51 PM
Apparently Texas is a part of the 3rd world now, too.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Roy is going to regret this thread (and possibly a few others) when he comes down from today's celebrations.
April 20, 2013, 10:12:52 PM
You guys really should spend some time reading our laws.  We actually forgive felons after 10 years and let them get their guns back.  (and we let idiots out of prison four weeks too early so they can kill the head of our prison system).

In fact, someone just fired a gun at the weed rally at the state capitol!
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57580610/police-shots-fired-at-colo-pot-holiday-gathering/

Come on in, knuckleheads you're all welcome here....  unless you mean to do harm at which time we will throw you into SUPERMAX.

Come on world, try to start a war with us and see who is left standing.  Not the bombers.  1 dead and 1 seriously wounded.  The enemy won the first battle, the good guys won the war.  Again.
April 20, 2013, 10:08:07 PM
Those things are great, Roy, but private gun ownership is a big part of freedom, too.

It's the central issue. If you don't have the right to defend yourself, you're a slave. No more, no less.

"No Guns For Negroes" by JPFO is well worth the time:

http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/ngn-download-view.htm
April 20, 2013, 10:02:09 PM
Methinks Ol' Roy here thinks gays won the revolutionary war by selling pot to the British.

Those things are great, Roy, but private gun ownership is a big part of freedom, too.
Pages:
Jump to: