Pages:
Author

Topic: [POOL] YAAMP.COM multipool multialgo profit switch with exchange - page 79. (Read 181060 times)

Activity: 175
Merit: 100
Having stratum issues? I have noticed a few times that you are going down.

yes we fixed a bug today on the stratum software. the bug was happening randomly just after finding a block. if the new block was "blocknotified" by the coin before the stratum has the time to wrap it's finding to the db, the stratum crashed. now fixed. but anyway, we added an auto-restart in case of other problems. that should have been done already i know.

we're listening for coins suggestions, thanks
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Having stratum issues? I have noticed a few times that you are going down.
Very good suggestions. We'll certainly build on them. It's getting more complicated now with X11 coins as it involves many exchanges.

Right now, all the hashpower is focused on a single coin at any one time. But yes, the plan is to distribute it among few coins eventually when we have more hashpower. Also one of the reason why profitability is oscillating that much is that some coins dont give the same reward at every block. CTZ and MEOW are doing that. Our pool takes that into account at every block for selecting the coin to mine.

Thanks for your feedback.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Two good and constructive post from StuffOfInterest, considering that constructive post are a rarity here when it comes to new pools ;-).

Awaiting the reply from the pool's OP, this is interesting.
(meant in a positive way).

And before anyone else says this: "this is Stuff Of Interest" ;-)
Activity: 401
Merit: 250
Running for just under two days now.  Last night brought a second GTX 750 Ti online.  Now, I have four cards spread across two machines, which are always on anyway, pointed at the pool.  I've split the cards with the two best ones pointed at the X11 port and the two slower ones pointed at the Scrypt port.  First payout arrived in my wallet yesterday and it looks like one later today should be good as well.  Only complaint is that I'm alone accounting for 15-20% of the pool on X11 and about 5% on Scrypt, which is sad considering how little hash power I have.

Now, another suggestion for hopefully improving the pool, distribute hash power across multiple coins.  For the low diff coins I've seen quite often where one pool can suddenly account for most of the hash power and end up mining several coins in a row.  For quick adjusting diff coins this can cause the difficulty to suddenly spike.  When selecting which coins to mine it would make sense to avoid adding more than 50% to the existing network hash power of a coin.  This would keep the pool to under 1/3 of the total hash power of a coin and avoid such a large difficulty spike.  Send the rest of the pool available hash power to other coins.  Not mining all of the coins during a period will hopefully also avoid tanking the exchange rate when the pool redeems as there should be more players generating coins during the same timeframe.
Activity: 401
Merit: 250
Pointed a couple of GPUs at this pool today.  Funny having two cards account for 10% of the total pool activity on X11, but I guess it just hasn't been found yet.  If after a couple of days I'm seeing similar or better returns than mining Darkcoin directly then I'll probably stay with this pool.  I do like mining on X11 as it puts a much lower heat and power demand on my GPUs which are running in computers used for things other than just mining.

I do have a couple of suggestions. 

The top coin seems to bounce around quite a bit, which is a sign of the volatility for the low diff coins.  Considering that it can take an hour or more to confirm a block for one of the coins, the exchange rate when converted may be considerably different than when the block was mined.  One way to mitigate this would be to keep a running average for the exchange rate of a coin when deciding where to rank it in the list.  Take a reading on the exchange rate once a minute and then use the average of the last hours worth of readings to establish a ranking exchange rate.  This will damp out the short term spikes and give a better chance for coins to have a similar exchange rate when converted as to what they had when mined.

Next, to avoid exchanging a coin during a dip, have a window for exchanging the coin.  Once a coin has matured, if the current exchange rate is less than the average rate when the block was mined, set an order for exchange at the average rate when mined.  If after some time period, say an hour, that order has not been filled then cancel it and place a new order at market rate.  This will help to avoid short term dips in exchange rates.

Good luck getting this pool known out there and the hash rate up.
Yes, the hashrate is rather low. But now that we are fully functional and optimized, i hope to see more people mining over. We'll add more medium/high difficulty coins if the hashrate increases. But still, with low hashrate, the profitability is competitive compared to other pools, on the long run.

We just added two low diff scrypt coins: AMC and CRC

Twitter: @YAAMP1
Gmail: yaamp101

Activity: 63
I've just pointed by GPU rigs over to you. I'm a little concerned at the low hashrate, or that I am being told that I am 40% of the pool at this point in time.

It's summer here and mining scrypt is just cooking me more and more.
Activity: 9
Looks good and promising, nice touch identifying the workers automatically and giving them different diff :-)

The payout has been good for x11 as well.

The only thing I'm missing right now is a way to contact the OP other than here.
More X11 coins have been installed: CTZ, DIS, SUPER, BTCX, MUN, LGC and QBC.

Darkcoin is installed but will be mined when we get more hashpower.
Activity: 217
Hi,

Is it possible to adjust the difficulty on the X11 pool like on the scrypt one. Default difficulty of 16 is too high for my poor little rig.

On another subject, I am developping a stratum proxy which can be used between pools and miners and I have noticed that your stratum implementation sends RPC notifications with an id set (for example, on the mining.set_difficulty and mining.notify). The ID for notifications should be null.

Else the pool seems promising. Good luck.

Hello,

The default pool difficulty is 16 for scrypt (port 3433) and 0.01 for x11 (port 3533). Not sure if that's really equivalent. It automatically adjusts eventually for a 5 to 20 shares per minute rate.

Thanks for the specifications on the notification id. I'll fix that right away.

The big issue with X11, is to find good low difficulty coins.

Indeed, I was on the bad port number (scrypt instead of X11). Thank you.
Hi,

Is it possible to adjust the difficulty on the X11 pool like on the scrypt one. Default difficulty of 16 is too high for my poor little rig.

On another subject, I am developping a stratum proxy which can be used between pools and miners and I have noticed that your stratum implementation sends RPC notifications with an id set (for example, on the mining.set_difficulty and mining.notify). The ID for notifications should be null.

Hello,

The default pool difficulty is 16 for scrypt (port 3433) and 0.01 for x11 (port 3533). Not sure if that's really equivalent. It automatically adjusts eventually for a 5 to 20 shares per minute rate.

Thanks for the specifications on the notification id. I'll fix that right away.

The big issue with X11, is to find good low difficulty coins.

Activity: 48
I pointed one of my cards to the X11 pool. I love having x11 as an option!

Keep up the good work.  Smiley
Activity: 217
Hi,

Well I admit that I call the opening of our X11 pool a bit too early. I should have waited that the stats have something to show before. There's not much as we started yesterday. We lost a bit of hashpower with the darkcoin fork too. That doesnt help.

But now, it's mining well with lower difficulty coins, but still in beta phase. Yes, we should add more coins.

Thank you for your interest. Suggestions always welcome.

Activity: 103
Will you add some new coins in X11 algo? Because in stats, you have bery bad profitability, compared to TradeMyBit...
We added a X11 profit switching pool. There's a few coins already like Hirocoin, Logicoin, Hashcoin and Darkcoin.

X11

Code:
-o stratum+tcp://yaamp.com:3533 -u BITCOIN_WALLET -p xxx

Hello,

We have installed a new, all original, implementation of our stratum pool server software. It's optimized to manage many coins at once and dynamically route hashpower to the most profitable coin of the moment. It has been tested for a few weeks now and running fine so far. It might not be 100% stable yet but it's still much better then the crap installation we had before where the stratum-mining software was just restarted with new parameters in order to switch coins. Now it reevaluates and switches, if required, at every block with uninterrupted hashpower routing.

We mine low difficulty coins like FST, STR, FRK, GLC, PXC, SBC, IFC and a few others. Average profitability is always a little over LTC.

http://yaamp.com

Activity: 55
I want to try this pool again when the ghash.io LTC bonus is over. Maybe someone wants to join me to get a decent hashrate on the pool.
Pages:
Jump to: