Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 206. (Read 465668 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
My WafflePool Unconverted has hit a new record high level.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
I like Wafflepool but despite all that bashing on MiddleCoin, could anyone explain these number to me?

http://www.middlecoin.com/ payouts

02/26  223.41 BTC
02/27  116.69 BTC
02/28  123.40 BTC
03/01   91.22  BTC
03/02  173.52 BTC
03/03  193.48 BTC

Conservative average hash rate guess would be 12.6 GH/s for these days. Little less unexchanged at the end of the period but little bit more immature so it should cancel out with a reserve.

This gives me average daily payout of 0.0123 per 1MHs.

That is 20% more than Waffle gave me for the last week. Few weeks ago I thought that was the variance thing but more and more it looked MC having better switching and/or exchanging algorithms. WDYT?

Does anyone have any accurate measurements? No different days, no 4-minute switching but just identical rigs mining different pools for say a week?

-xJx-

balance on middlecoin is not completely sent to the miners, about 50 btc every day remains on the pool balance.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
Don't worry about the "lower" BTC / 1MH.

The BTC/$ is actually higher. So you don't loose money. You get more. Exemple:

@Feb 26, 2014 : 0.01010797 BTC / 1MH = 5.91$ (1 BTC = 585$)
@Mar 03, 2014 : 0.00867769 BTC / 1MH = 6.84$ (1 BTC = 677$)

lol
Activity: 25
Don't worry about the "lower" BTC / 1MH.

The BTC/$ is actually higher. So you don't loose money. You get more. Exemple:

@Feb 26, 2014 : 0.01010797 BTC / 1MH = 5.91$ (1 BTC = 585$)
@Mar 03, 2014 : 0.00867769 BTC / 1MH = 6.84$ (1 BTC = 677$)
Activity: 43
Hello,

I have made a terrible mistake by setting the username as incomplete bitcoin address. I have been mining 8 hours with wrong address. The wrong address had 2 letters missing from the end. Now I have fixed this error but what happens to the bitcoins I have already mined?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I like Wafflepool but despite all that bashing on MiddleCoin, could anyone explain these number to me?

02/26  223.41 BTC
02/27  116.69 BTC
02/28  123.40 BTC
03/01   91.22  BTC
03/02  173.52 BTC
03/03  193.48 BTC

Conservative average hash rate guess would be 12.6 GH/s for these days. Little less unexchanged at the end of the period but little bit more immature so it should cancel out with a reserve.

That is 20% more than Waffle gave me for the last week. Few weeks ago I thought that was the variance thing but more and more it looked MC having better switching and/or exchanging algorithms. WDYT?

Does anyone have any accurate measurements? No different days, no 4-minute switching but just identical rigs mining different pools for say a week?

-xJx-

I would recommend asking in the MC forum from the users there. Also, there are several threads here and at reddit with users posting testing results between pools, as well as http://poolpicker.eu/ or http://poolpicker.eu/text.php. As always, direct testing will be more reliable and luck changes.
This is one of the features I like at Hashcows.

Why you do not go to pool what offer what you want.

Do you ask in cafebar if they can start selling also clothes just becouse you can not walk over street to clothes shop.

Because profits at Hashcows have sucked since the hack.

You do realize that wafflepool has only been around for about a month, and that many of the features in play now are brand new and were "requested"? Your analogy, like most, is completely irrelevant and moronic.
Activity: 47
Any idea for the reason having quite frequent getwork failures? Couple within minutes to an hour.
Server is set to eu, automatic difficulty, couple workers which both act the same.
Finishing my "first day job" in wafflepool and wondering what's up with that, will that cut the whipped cream off my waffles.

First I've heard of it actually.  Is it a connection problem perhaps?  My guess is if it were a more widespread issue, we would have more complaints about it.  Also, EU is our lowest utilized cluster, so its extremely unlikely to be getting bogged down...

Hard to say.. after restarting the router (there haven't been issues with it lately), things seem to work just the same..

[4.3.2014 12:43:39]  CGMiner (4920): Network difficulty is now 1 196.
[4.3.2014 12:46:30]  CGMiner (4920): Network difficulty is now 9 205.
[4.3.2014 12:47:00]  CGMiner (4920): Network difficulty is now 6 137.
[4.3.2014 12:48:31]  CGMiner (4920): 1 getwork failure(s) reported.
[4.3.2014 12:48:51]  CGMiner (4920): Network difficulty is now 67.
[4.3.2014 12:50:01]  CGMiner (4920): Network difficulty is now 1 196.
[4.3.2014 12:53:53]  CGMiner (4920): 1 getwork failure(s) reported.

With the another worker the same deal. Usually these haven't been typical issues with these crypto thingies..
Otherwise things seem to run smoothly. Not so much stales nor rejects.
Activity: 1

02/26  223.41 BTC
02/27  116.69 BTC
02/28  123.40 BTC
03/01   91.22  BTC
03/02  173.52 BTC
03/03  193.48 BTC

-xJx-

Activity: 322
Merit: 254
Any idea for the reason having quite frequent getwork failures? Couple within minutes to an hour.
Server is set to eu, automatic difficulty, couple workers which both act the same.
Finishing my "first day job" in wafflepool and wondering what's up with that, will that cut the whipped cream off my waffles.

First I've heard of it actually.  Is it a connection problem perhaps?  My guess is if it were a more widespread issue, we would have more complaints about it.  Also, EU is our lowest utilized cluster, so its extremely unlikely to be getting bogged down...
Activity: 47
Activity: 322
Merit: 254
poolwaffle, I know you said you're for a few days, but please check what's going on with the pool as of now. Today's average is a historically low, at only 0.0064 BTC/MH. Sure it could just be bad luck, but this is too big of a dip for just luck I think.

As others have pointed out, there are a lot of reasons for this.  First, you're looking at only a few hours worth of stats (which will be skewed), we very possibly could have had bad luck (possibly the same as "skewed"), and overall profit on altcoins has decreased significantly today (not sure why, market factors of some sort).

It could be coded in the worker username or password (/DOGE={address} or the like). Not sure if there are length limits on those though.

I kind of disagree that buying the coins yourself is a direct substitute. At that point trading costs are being paid twice, which is dumb.

Development priorities is certainly a valid reason to implement one feature over another though.

Yep, as always "anything is possible".  Its just a matter of it being a reasonably large set of changes just based on the way our accounting system works, and believing that there are bigger things that people want that I've been meaning to get done forever ago, and have never had time (per worker stats, better stats on per-address payouts, better switcher, more coins, etc).

there are a few merge ined scrypt coins starting to pop up.. would these be profitable to impliment ?

I wasn't aware of these, can you point me at some of them?

We're testing a new switcher,
what happend to new switcher?? is it working like old one ? or worse?
please enable charts beacuse everything is low and it dosent matter if its in accurate

New switcher has been live for a few days.  It has a lot more parameters to tweak than the old one, so I've been tweaking away for a few days.  The updating the graphs just hasn't been done yet (just haven't gotten around to it - I'm out of town until Thursday).  It was working before on a log-based system (timestamp + coin name), and we'd process the log every 10 minutes or so, and display the results.  Now however it is switching only sections of the pool at a time, which doesn't work with the old log system.  Just a matter of getting around to redesigning how it tracks everything, and getting the graphs up.  They'll be back, just need more time Smiley

Can you please put this number somewhere around stats page? With a note that this is current 0 fee perfect ltc mining?

Added to the list.
Qxw
Activity: 203
This is one of the features I like at Hashcows.

Why you do not go to pool what offer what you want.

Do you ask in cafebar if they can start selling also clothes just becouse you can not walk over street to clothes shop.

Activity: 56

Right now (~3600 difficulty), you're looking at 0.00596, at perfect efficiency (no orphans, perfect luck, etc).
Can you please put this number somewhere around stats page? With a note that this is current 0 fee perfect ltc mining?
Activity: 560
We're testing a new switcher,
what happend to new switcher?? is it working like old one ? or worse?
please enable charts beacuse everything is low and it dosent matter if its in accurate
Activity: 235
there are a few merge ined scrypt coins starting to pop up.. would these be profitable to impliment ?
Activity: 420
I have a couple miners, I just want to show an example on one of them, this represesnts all of them. Anyway one is mining at 5500KHS Shouldnt I be getting around 0.05 per day if this pool is roughly 1mhs/0.01BTC? Hmmm any real stats here to show what income we are making?.. Seems because of this pay time different everyday it makes some more frustrating to pull stats out.

I will give you an example Last few days (Amount + Times + dates) what do you think?

0.041 - 04:50 4/3
0.049 - 02:09 3/3
0.026 - 03:07 2/3
0.015 - 09:23 1/3
0.051 - 00:23 1/3
0.078 - 20:02 27/2
0.003 - 15:36 27/2

anyone try any other pool? and really compare, Only other pool I have tried is middlecoin and this is when it was going down, but I dont think its actually down i think it may have just had a hiccup as people are still mining there and happy.

Put it this way , The stats should NEVER go down under 5000KHS If you look at my Cgminer it hovers 5500khs - 5400khs 99% of the time. I see the stats show 3900KHS to 6000KHS  but most of the time under alittle - If the payments go by the stats and if the stats are faulty your payment will not be accurate.

Activity: 17
I didn't update yesterday but here is today's which is over 9.8 days.  First time the average has dropped below .01 BTC/MH for me.

MH (Avg)= 26.25MH (-3.86%)
Hours= 235.75
BTC/MH (Avg of 11 miners)= 0.00993079
BTC/MH (Max of 11 miners)= 0.01129942
BTC/MH (Min of 11 miners)= 0.00944803
Today's Trend= -0.55%
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Do you not see how complicated it would be to implement?  WP has no login system, so how do would you confirm what coins you want to not trade?

It could be coded in the worker username or password (/DOGE={address} or the like). Not sure if there are length limits on those though.

I kind of disagree that buying the coins yourself is a direct substitute. At that point trading costs are being paid twice, which is dumb.

Development priorities is certainly a valid reason to implement one feature over another though.

This is less complexity than all of the yammering for sub 1 difficulty coins and vardiff. This feature request does not affect mining in anyway, and any database that can't handle a few additional fields per record is junk anyway. The only complexity is additional work for WP (which I admit would not be insignificant).

Must say I'm surprised by the negative response to this. Perhaps more posts complaining about vardiff, payouts, asics, BTC/MH, or stats would be preferred? Maybe I'll just go look for answers on the last couple pages and post questions as if I hadn't seen them.
Do you not see how complicated it would be to implement?  WP has no login system, so how do would you confirm what coins you want to not trade?

WP has better stuff to work on, IMO.  If you want altcoins, go mine them or buy them with BTC.  If you want the best profits, paid in BTC, mine here.

Eligius and BitMinter (familiar interface?) don't have a login system either, but you are able to merge mine and add multiple coins. A login is NOT required. Some backend coding that works off a signed message using your BTC address will work just fine. Yes it would take time and effort, but don't act like it's something more difficult than the work already done.

Yes, I already admitted it is not a "quick" implementation. Yes, I think profits are more important than anything else. Yes I would rather see posts requesting features over posts asking where their payouts are.
Jump to: