Pages:
Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 55. (Read 465674 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
spacewide: .16, maybe .25
It should be in powers of 2, recommend 0.16.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
spacewide: .16, maybe .25
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
I found this table to set x11 difficulty, but is that regular mh/s or x11 mh/s?

Miner Speed    Scrypt Password    Scrypt-N Password    X11 Password
0MHs - 1MHs    d=256    d=128    d=0.01
1MHs - 2MHs    d=512    d=256    d=0.02
2MHs - 4MHs    d=1024    d=512    d=0.04
4MHs - 8MHs    d=2048    d=1024    d=0.08
8MHs - 16MHs    d=4096    d=2048    d=0.16
16MHs - 32MHs    d=8192    d=4096    d=0.32
32MHs - 64MHs    d=16384    d=8192    d=0.64
64MHs - 128MHs    d=32768    d=16384    d=1.28

So my rig runs like 3.6mh/s on scrypt and 16mh/s on x11.

Should I set diff on 0.04 or 0.16?

Thanks
Activity: 868
My understanding - which is completely based on hearsay of course - is that an FPGA is far less complicated/expensive to make than ASIC so it stands to reason that someone might be capable of creating it and not necessarily possess the resources required to mass produce/market/deliver/support it. Quietly mining for a few months is not such a bad alternative. It's like owning an excavator while everybody else is busy digging with their bare hands.

I'm sure that a bunch of people are sitting on some leftover FPGA's but what kind of hash are we talking about, theoretically??

FPGA's do much less than ASICs do, that much I know.
My understanding - which is completely based on hearsay of course - is that an FPGA is far less complicated/expensive to make than ASIC so it stands to reason that someone might be capable of creating it and not necessarily possess the resources required to mass produce/market/deliver/support it. Quietly mining for a few months is not such a bad alternative. It's like owning an excavator while everybody else is busy digging with their bare hands.

I'm sure that a bunch of people are sitting on some leftover FPGA's but what kind of hash are we talking about, theoretically??
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Perhaps, I've heard rumors, but generally rumors aren't true here as facts get sniffed out pretty quick; if there was one out there you can make a killing selling the FPGA's rather than mining with them. The richest people in the gold rush were the ones selling the shovels, not the ones digging for gold.

There an X11 whale out there... pool total was 60+ GH/s, now 30 GH/s. The question is where did the whale go (or swim or whatever it is that whales do).

rig crashed  Grin

LOL! That would be terrible to reset a 30GHs/ farm.

A sick ASIC perhaps Smiley
Perhaps, I've heard rumors, but generally rumors aren't true here as facts get sniffed out pretty quick; if there was one out there you can make a killing selling the FPGA's rather than mining with them. The richest people in the gold rush were the ones selling the shovels, not the ones digging for gold.
legendary
There an X11 whale out there... pool total was 60+ GH/s, now 30 GH/s. The question is where did the whale go (or swim or whatever it is that whales do).

rig crashed  Grin

A sick ASIC perhaps Smiley

rig crashed  Grin

Activity: 35

rig crashed  Grin
legendary
There is an X11 whale out there... pool total was 60+ GH/s, now 30 GH/s. The question is where did the whale go (or swim or whatever it is that whales do).
Activity: 126
smalltimer50: Post the config file you are using.

Threadconcurrency can also cause problems. 8192 works on my 280x.
Activity: 12
Hey guys, I made a post in the sgminer thread about a crazy frustrating problem I am having with setting up x11 on my rig. I'd figure I'd post it here also as I'm offering a 0.015 BTC bounty for anyone who fixes problem! Here it is:

Hey guys, here is a pic of sgminer when it freezes. In this instance it froze @ around 14 minutes into mining. It will do this randomly from 10 minutes in to 2 1/2 hours in.

https://i.imgur.com/D3j98Zu.jpg

I get those two messages when sgminer crashes everytime! "Stratum connection to Pool 0 interrupted" and the last one "Pool 0 difficultly changed to 0.160". Windows does not crash and I can easily restart sgminer. This is definitely not an internet problem. As I said before I ran scrypt mining on this same machine for months without problem. Longest uptime was 2 months straight without rebooting or crashing cgminer! To double check I ran cgminer with scrypt when I was @ work and all was well when I got home. Booted up x11 and the pic above happened. Sad Boot with a config file or just a .bat... doesn't make a difference, both crash.

More information on my setup for those looking to help: 2 R9 290s (Gigabyte and ASUS), 2 R9 270s (ASUS), and 1 MSI R9 270x -- 4 GB of ram. I am running windows 8.1 currently with the 13.12 AMD drivers. I am literally pulling my hair out cause I have no solution to this problem! I don't know what I could change in the config to help this... lowered intensity, fiddled with the clocks -- all which did not help. I have a 2nd small rig with a 5850 and 270x upstairs thats hashes x11 fine and hasn't crashed since I started it... I'm going nuts!

Big fat 0.015 BTC to anyone that can get me running stable!

lower gpu-engine on all card (just a 100Mhz lower than the normal) and start mining, if it's stable just add 10Mhz to one card and wait, when it will crash lower it and go with the next card. That what solved my problem with crashing X11.
Activity: 127
I like your X11 pool, will mining for a while
Activity: 3
Are you planning on adding more coins to the x11 side of mining?

It seems like TradeMyBit has more coins that they are mining but still have a lower hashrate. Or is just not profitable or too much hassle to add that many coins so early on?
Activity: 7
Just noticed that Scrypt efficiency is way down below LTC. 

Is this because of the influx of new, cheaper, more efficient Scrypt ASICs?

Not complaining, I know it's a hard job to run this pool, and I accept the risk of underperformance. 

Honestly, I just love that you've made it really easy for me to mine without having to worry about the details of exchanging for BTC.

So thanks for all of your hard work, it is much appreciated.
Activity: 138
Stratum connection interrupted regularly occurs on my box but does not crash sgminer, it resumes normally.  If sgminer is crashing you may have setting for one of the cards intensity set too high, try lowering intensity Smiley

Update to 14.4 drivers Smiley

Intensity doesn't seem to have an effect, tried as low as 13 and it still crashed. The updated drivers I will try though.

smalltimer50
difficulty is high. he meant 0.008, lowest difficulty.

Trying this now! Hope it works.

If that doesn't help you can try sgminer's "device" parameter to test one GPU at a time, or disable one at a time. If this is a hardware issue you should be able to find which GPU is causing the crash and then you can tweak its parameters, e.g. lower "gpu-engine" or something like that.

I was about to write just that.

Isolate the problem by narrowing it down to the card causing issues.  It's a bit of a hassle to do (and some hashing time lost), but sometimes that's what you have to do...  Wink
legendary
Stratum connection interrupted regularly occurs on my box but does not crash sgminer, it resumes normally.  If sgminer is crashing you may have setting for one of the cards intensity set too high, try lowering intensity Smiley

Intensity doesn't seem to have an effect, tried as low as 13 and it still crashed. The updated drivers I will try though.

smalltimer50

If that doesn't help you can try sgminer's "device" parameter to test one GPU at a time, or disable one at a time. If this is a hardware issue you should be able to find which GPU is causing the crash and then you can tweak its parameters, e.g. lower "gpu-engine" or something like that.
Activity: 27

smalltimer50

Activity: 58
smalltimer50

Pages:
Jump to: