Pages:
Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 67. (Read 465674 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
@PW

Getting a lot of disconnects with cpuminer-vert:

[2014-06-04 17:39:49] accepted: 304/304 (100.00%), 7.28 khash/s (yay!!!)
[2014-06-04 17:40:39] Stratum detected new block
[2014-06-04 17:42:23] Stratum detected new block
[2014-06-04 17:44:15] Stratum detected new block
[2014-06-04 17:44:53] Stratum detected new block
[2014-06-04 17:45:22] Stratum detected new block
[2014-06-04 17:46:19] Stratum detected new block
[2014-06-04 17:46:47] accepted: 305/305 (100.00%), 7.37 khash/s (yay!!!)
[2014-06-04 17:48:47] stratum_recv_line failed
[2014-06-04 17:48:47] Stratum connection interrupted
[2014-06-04 17:48:48] Stratum detected new block
[2014-06-04 17:49:05] accepted: 306/306 (100.00%), 7.58 khash/s (yay!!!)
[2014-06-04 17:51:05] Stratum connection timed out
[2014-06-04 17:51:05] Stratum connection interrupted
[2014-06-04 17:51:05] Stratum detected new block
[2014-06-04 17:52:04] Stratum detected new block
[2014-06-04 17:52:14] accepted: 307/307 (100.00%), 7.49 khash/s (yay!!!)
[2014-06-04 17:54:14] Stratum connection timed out
[2014-06-04 17:54:14] Stratum connection interrupted
[2014-06-04 17:54:14] Stratum detected new block
[2014-06-04 17:54:23] Stratum detected new block

my startup is:
minerd.exe -a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://uswest.wafflepool.com:3332 -u 1HANJQygp3jHuzutceBgMT7wfCgEug6h4L_cpu1 -p d=32 --threads 4 -q
Activity: 322
Merit: 254
What miner are you using for X11? and any special config flag for it?

My personal box is testing with sph-sgminer, but I don't think thats what I want to recommend to actual miners, its just what I had here that supports X11.  Most of the testing is done using rented rigs (various sites) just because I know they're configured properly, so it removes a layer of potential problems.  It also means that if something breaks terribly, no miners can complain Smiley

Once I know everything is good there, we'll open it up to public beta (probably tomorrow)
Activity: 630
What miner are you using for X11? and any special config flag for it?
X11 is now in private testing (alpha).  Should be put in beta tomorrow morning assuming everything goes properly (just need to find a block or two on non-testnet and confirm everything works properly)
Activity: 457
Merit: 273
If WafflePool took this same idea, but instead waited for authentication, checked the user's pre-defined algo weights, and rejected/accepted auth based on the best algo, we would have a pretty excellent multi-algo-profit-switching pool =].

I'm very glad that other pools are interested in multi-algo as well. I'm definetly interested in common brainstorming and development in improvments in either stratum protocol or mining software, or both - whatever that could lead into efficient algo switching at miners side. Let's share ideas in the new sgminer thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-sgminer-v5-optimized-x11x13neoscryptlyra2reetc-kernel-switch-miner-632503 (or somewhere else).

BTW: regarding pre-defined algo weights - well, besides the hashrate ratio which is more or less equal for all miners, the only interesting weight is electrical power consumption. Unfortunatelly, electricity power consumption is not linear to BTC/GH/Day ratio calculation (exponential function with measured staring point should be used, and since miner doesn't know the current price ratio, he can't set power consumption weights). See also this example https://nicehash.com/multialgo/power-factor-calculation_x11.xlsx ... you can play with the numbers and you'll see that it is not trivial...  but if you can come out with this logarithmic formula, please, do share it with me Wink ... If we find this formula then we can introduce epp (electricity power price) parameter and evaluate it in the profitability formula.
Activity: 700
Big drop in Scrypt hash rate. So where did the whale go this time? Not to CM apparently because its hash hasn't gone up.

Never mind. I think the whale just showed up on CM.
Sfire mines straight LTC occationally too.  They hop around a fair bit these days.  Even have a private .cn server for CM.
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
Big drop in Scrypt hash rate. So where did the whale go this time? Not to CM apparently because its hash hasn't gone up.

Never mind. I think the whale just showed up on CM.
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
I would like to convert to scrypt-n but I am very new at this and a bit lost.  I have 2 R7970 3GB cards and I am using BAMT (don't know which version, son set this up).  Everything was find and dandy on scrypt but when I made the changes to scrypt-n my dashboard is funky.  Is tells me I have 0 accepted shares.  When I go to my stats page on the pool it says I have 1.82/mh in the scrypt-n with a 50% reject rate.

HELP

Huh Huh Huh

YOU REALLY SHOULD OPEN THE IRC channel so people could come ask questions there.  JMO

thanks for help

KayCee

Workers: (15min approximated)
Worker   Algorithm   Hashrate (rejected)   Show
(default)   nscrypt    2.28 MH/s (50.0%)   

If you have Teamviewer I would be able to help. Which pool are you using? Forgot which thread I was in.....  Roll Eyes

PM me, dinner is ready.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I would like to convert to scrypt-n but I am very new at this and a bit lost.  I have 2 R7970 3GB cards and I am using BAMT (don't know which version, son set this up).  Everything was find and dandy on scrypt but when I made the changes to scrypt-n my dashboard is funky.  Is tells me I have 0 accepted shares.  When I go to my stats page on the pool it says I have 1.82/mh in the scrypt-n with a 50% reject rate.

HELP

Huh Huh Huh

YOU REALLY SHOULD OPEN THE IRC channel so people could come ask questions there.  JMO

thanks for help

KayCee

Workers: (15min approximated)
Worker   Algorithm   Hashrate (rejected)   Show
(default)   nscrypt    2.28 MH/s (50.0%)   
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
I saw that post in CM thread. It's certainly possible to get better returns than multipools, and rig rentals sites kind of prove it since there are people paying 20-50% premium for hashrate (or maybe they are all one big charity), but I think that CONSISTENTLY earning twice as much as WP/CM/etc is not that easy. I have a feeling that 0.004 number - if it's true - was taken from a short period (e.g. 1 day) or from a long period that includes "better times" just a few weeks ago. You also need to question why someone would step into a multipool's thread to brag about it. I would either silently mine the shit out of it with rented rigs, or I would sell it as a service.
It's certainly possible... since I switched to other algorithns, I have been averaging .005BTC/MH+ scrypt equivellent consistently (some days at .007BTC/MH).  It takes a fair time commitment to manage this tho.

In interesting developments, nicehash released an auto-algorithm switching profit based system. But it's way too simple so far - no ability to consider power costs or user prefences, but their implementation is straight forward (port for each algo, but all ports dead except most profitable).

If WafflePool took this same idea, but instead waited for authentication, checked the user's pre-defined algo weights, and rejected/accepted auth based on the best algo, we would have a pretty excellent multi-algo-profit-switching pool =].

I thought the CM poster was bragging about Scrypt but perhaps I read it wrong.

I'll be testing out the nicehash switcher but definitely would like to see something more robust.

No he was, but it was most likely him watching and switching himself, he has no proof and no plans to go public with his methods. Everyone was speculating poolWarz's paid version though.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
I saw that post in CM thread. It's certainly possible to get better returns than multipools, and rig rentals sites kind of prove it since there are people paying 20-50% premium for hashrate (or maybe they are all one big charity), but I think that CONSISTENTLY earning twice as much as WP/CM/etc is not that easy. I have a feeling that 0.004 number - if it's true - was taken from a short period (e.g. 1 day) or from a long period that includes "better times" just a few weeks ago. You also need to question why someone would step into a multipool's thread to brag about it. I would either silently mine the shit out of it with rented rigs, or I would sell it as a service.
It's certainly possible... since I switched to other algorithns, I have been averaging .005BTC/MH+ scrypt equivellent consistently (some days at .007BTC/MH).  It takes a fair time commitment to manage this tho.

In interesting developments, nicehash released an auto-algorithm switching profit based system. But it's way too simple so far - no ability to consider power costs or user prefences, but their implementation is straight forward (port for each algo, but all ports dead except most profitable).

I thought the CM poster was bragging about Scrypt but perhaps I read it wrong.

I'll be testing out the nicehash switcher but definitely would like to see something more robust.

Quite a good idea.  I'll check it out (saw the post about the miner) when I'm done adding X11/X13 (shouldn't be too much longer).  Unfortunately found a few more places I need to make decently large database changes to support the new difficulties (we have integers for share values in a few places, when X11 is either going to need decimals, or some brutal hacks I'd rather not put in place).
Activity: 700

Activity: 28
Thank you so much Wafflepool for bringing new life to my GPUs with the Scrypt-N Multipool. I keep on setting them up for sale on Craigslist. 1st after I purchased ASICs for BTC mining, 2nd after purchasing ASICs for Scrypt Mining, and just decided to keep them for 1 last run on Scrypt-N Mining.

Love this site  Wink
Activity: 7
I'm wondering if I could have someone with a bit more experience with mining in general give a quick thumbs up / down to my config.  I have a feeling it's not running optimally based on what I'm seeing on the monitor site.  I made the switch to -n the day it came out in beta and before that my scrypt mining seemed to run OK. 

I'm running 2 club 3d 270's 14 series with:
vertminer.exe --scrypt-vert -I 12 -o stratum+tcp://useast1.wafflepool.com:3332 -u btc_address_worker1 -p d=128 -w 256 -g 2 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 6336 --gpu-engine 1130 --gpu-memclock 1500 --temp-target 70 --temp-overheat 85 --temp-cutoff 90 --auto-fan

You can see my mining window below for reference.

My last payment was June 2nd, and since then my current monitor stats are:
Current HashRate: 0.365 MH/s   Unconverted: 0.00018083   Confirmed: 0.00002622   Unsent: 0.00020705

To me, these seem really low which warranted this post.

Thanks!

vertminer version 0.5.3 - Started: [2014-06-02 21:48:48]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 (5s):384.4K (avg):385.5Kh/s | A:374144  R:128  HW:0  WU:353.8/m
 ST: 2  SS: 4  NB: 910  LW: 13368  GF: 16  RF: 0
 Connected to useast1.wafflepool.com diff 128 with stratum as user xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Block: ca897e32...  Diff:10  Started: [15:28:39]  Best share: 168K
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [P]ool management [G]PU management [Settings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
 GPU 0:  69.0C 1635RPM | 192.3K/193.7Kh/s | A:173696 R:128 HW:0 WU:164.7/m I:12
 GPU 1:  69.0C 1934RPM | 192.0K/191.8Kh/s | A:200576 R:  0 HW:0 WU:189.2/m I:12

[2014-06-03 15:26:17] Accepted 01576503 Diff 191/64 GPU 0
 [2014-06-03 15:26:29] Accepted 03926aa4 Diff 72/64 GPU 0
 [2014-06-03 15:26:30] Accepted 01e05cd7 Diff 136/64 GPU 1
 [2014-06-03 15:26:42] Accepted 02115bd5 Diff 124/64 GPU 0
 [2014-06-03 15:27:31] Accepted 1d8bf935 Diff 2.22K/64 GPU 0
 [2014-06-03 15:27:51] Accepted 039a5139 Diff 71/64 GPU 1
 [2014-06-03 15:28:25] Pool 0 difficulty changed to 128
 [2014-06-03 15:28:25] Network diff set to 10
 [2014-06-03 15:28:25] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2014-06-03 15:28:39] Network diff set to 10
 [2014-06-03 15:28:39] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2014-06-03 15:29:05] Accepted 016fdf35 Diff 178/128 GPU 1
Hey guys. How is the profit for the scrypt-n pool doing? Is it any better than the scrypt pool? Are there configuration tweaks (GPU settings, core, mem, TC, etc) that need to be made when switching to scrypt-n?

I've had my 2MH (scrypt) on Waffle for a few months now, and I like that I never touch it. It just runs and makes money. I'm interested in making some more profit by switching to the N pool, but only if it's worth the effort. I do not want to be tweaking a system all the time.

Click "Stats", then click "Scrypt-N".  Alternatively, just look in the header.
Activity: 16
I do not want to be tweaking a system all the time.

If you don't want to be tweaking... then stay scrypt. If you want to be making 35% more money, then you better get used to it Wink More algos on the way...
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Hey guys. How is the profit for the scrypt-n pool doing? Is it any better than the scrypt pool? Are there configuration tweaks (GPU settings, core, mem, TC, etc) that need to be made when switching to scrypt-n?

I've had my 2MH (scrypt) on Waffle for a few months now, and I like that I never touch it. It just runs and makes money. I'm interested in making some more profit by switching to the N pool, but only if it's worth the effort. I do not want to be tweaking a system all the time.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Is there constant work on new Profitability algos? There is a guy on the clever thread who wrote his own coin switching algo and is getting 0.004 whilst clever / waffle are getting half... I am just thinking since times are changing wouldn't it be better to try new things, spread hashrates over 10 different coins at a time which may allow us to mine the smaller coins.. I am just thinking if people have figured out  new ways & combinations to mine for more profit there must be better ways out there..

mh/btc is getting really bad... I mean 0.002 is getting ridiculous..

I wonder what poolwarz is like they have a monster queue... even if they charge $12 per month if its @ 0.004 Or higher its worth it. Maybe not the best place to ask but anyone mining anywhere else? PM me plz!! we need a awesome comparison site to see how all these multipools compare

Pages:
Jump to: