Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 109. (Read 240346 times)

Activity: 413
Merit: 17

Anyone knows how difficult adjustment works in ETN?

ETN is a Monero fork. Maybe it is the same way it works in Monero. In Monero, the diff is calculated over the Network Hashrate average of the last 500 blocks (I am almost sure).

That's why Monero V7 fork took about 4 days to completelly adjusts difficulty.

On reddit someone stated that ETN has taken the same approach as Monero and so 4 days of chaos.

Activity: 798
Merit: 103
It is going to take a lot of days for the difficulty adjustment... I have started to mine ETN. I don't think it is going to be profitable, but it will help the network a little.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0

ETN is a Monero fork. Maybe it is the same way it works in Monero. In Monero, the diff is calculated over the Network Hashrate average of the last 500 blocks (I am almost sure).

I thought I saw something about 390 blocks for difficulty adjustment, but I was only half reading, and now can't find where I saw that....
Activity: 4

Activity: 1
so no new blocks yet? is this the reason ETN online wallet cant sync?? its stuck at "Balance Update Pending..." message

Well, being as we have forked I switched to V7 with Claymore on suprnova and that did not work.

The pools had bloody ages to switch and they are just lazy!

I wonder how many pools have yet to switch?
I am mining on suprnova and I am getting the following message, any ideas ?

05/30/18-22:26:56 - SHARE FOUND (target 5000) - (THR 0 of 3)
Share rejected (640 ms)!
{"id":4,"jsonrpc":"2.0","error":{"code":-1,"message":"Lowdifficultyshare"}}

supernova appears to be on the old chain. what miner are you using? what algo are you trying to mine with? cryptonight or v7?

Well, being as we have forked I switched to V7 with Claymore on suprnova and that did not work.

The pools had bloody ages to switch and they are just lazy!

Share rejected (640 ms)!

supernova appears to be on the old chain. what miner are you using? what algo are you trying to mine with? cryptonight or v7?
Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

Share rejected (640 ms)!

So it looks like suprnova have not switched as some rigs, running old cryptonight still register.

This fork is forked!
I can see team already buying all available hashpower on NH.  even so its only 50 mhs available, thats only 3 % of previous hashrate

we just need to be patient. it will takes 1-2 weeks to stabilize

How do you know it's for the new ETN chain?

new chain has to adjust from the high difficulty the asics brought to a difficulty level suitable for the non-basic hashpower. it takes time, and not having all available hashpower (pools on old chain) will take longer

Share rejected (640 ms)!
Activity: 101
Merit: 1
I can see team already buying all available hashpower on NH.  even so its only 50 mhs available, thats only 3 % of previous hashrate

See this amount of hash
https://etn.nanopool.org/account/etnjy1dvb8fTSFEtc9MS3s48hCpX4kfMc8tkvbcrYKG2PRXi5pVu81Qdq81AhbBARjL7PQMb85pWZC3dba6cH74u9THENC5Nu1

and check the top buyer on NH
https://www.nicehash.com/marketplace/cryptonightv7
Activity: 420
Merit: 13

If I recall correctly it took multiple days (4 I think) for xmr blockchain to fully adjust after it forked. The dev team is hopefully reaching out to all pools still on the old chain.
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
Stop making new transactions and wait that the miners find and finish some blocks. Your transactions are only going to be stuck. A hardfork just happened and the difficulty of mining was very high because of the ASIC miners.
Activity: 4
The official block explorer (https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com/txpool) shows that there are no new blocks after the forked block (307,500).
At the moment, we have more than 3,600 transactions (created in the las 13,5 h) and over 8MB info in the pool for the next block. I don't know if we can have a block that big.

There are some pools, like supernova, showing several blocks mined after the fork. I guess they are using the old blockchain and the miners will never get these coins.

Electroneum team must give us an update of the fork, because all we see is some pools out of date and the blockchain stuck.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
Is there a GUI wallet for windows yet?  Thx Smiley
Finally it is happening. Going to take ages though. I think Richard needs to rent some NH to help speed things up!

They probably done that already.

Perhaps its this miner https://etn.nanopool.org/account/etnjy1dvb8fTSFEtc9MS3s48hCpX4kfMc8tkvbcrYKG2PRXi5pVu81Qdq81AhbBARjL7PQMb85pWZC3dba6cH74u9THENC5Nu1

Only 50 mhs available on NH. that miner manage to get at least 20 mhs
Jump to: