Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 186. (Read 240346 times)

Activity: 120
Merit: 10
Hi, does somebody know what's happening with Cryptopia deposit, why it isn't working?
Activity: 76
Merit: 0
35H/s on S6 Edge. Have to try an old S4
Activity: 413
Merit: 17
I've decided to give this mobile miner a go but don't see why Electroneum have released it.
According to the info page on the miner it says..

"Mobile phones are not built to withstand or cope with the complex calculations required to perform actual crypto mining..."

So this means there will never be a 'real' mobile miner for Electroneum, which brings me back to my original question, why did Electronium produce what is, in effect, just an airdrop service.

To get market reach and adoption, non-techy people will be able to use this, try that with a proper PC mining app Wink

Wasn't this possibility to mine ETN via your phone part of their marketing strategy? Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought that they put it that way.

Yes and more. As per the video where once the coins are in circulation people will innovate so you can spend them. Field of dreams - If you build it they will come!
Activity: 504
Merit: 251
I've decided to give this mobile miner a go but don't see why Electroneum have released it.

"Mobile phones are not built to withstand or cope with the complex calculations required to perform actual crypto mining..."

So this means there will never be a 'real' mobile miner for Electroneum, which brings me back to my original question, why did Electronium produce what is, in effect, just an airdrop service.

To get market reach and adoption, non-techy people will be able to use this, try that with a proper PC mining app Wink

Wasn't this possibility to mine ETN via your phone part of their marketing strategy? Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought that they put it that way.
Activity: 798
Merit: 103

Why? Because the Electroneum team want to attract more people in the crypto world. It is also to make crypto more understandable and simpler to everybody. Lots of people having a smartphone may use the Electroneum app just to "mine" some ETN. They may after be interested to sell them and will look about how to do it.

I would recommend you watch one of Richards video online. This clearly explains the mobile miner approach

Activity: 448
Merit: 88
44 H with Huawei P10
Activity: 28

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

copper member
Activity: 32
Is there a official recommendation for NON-tech people to be able to transfer ETN from a paper wallet to an exchange (like a youtube video or detailed step by step instructions). I say to an exchange because there are a lot of people that only have apple phones so the android wallet is not an option.

Any help appreciated.
copper member
Activity: 91
Well the mining run in the background and dont slow down the device so it cost nothing to let it run and if I make 20 etn per month this is 20 etn earning for 0 invest.

So its not much but if the price of etn reach 1$ in the future, and that seem like to be realistic for me this will be 20 bucks per month.

Are you sure that the mining process has no impact on the resources of your device at all? Difficult to imagine but maybe some others can share their experience.

My thoughts exactly, but what could be the result of the miner not making an impact on resources is that it's just simulating mining at the moment, when it starts to mine for real then you will see an impact, buy how much, well there's the rub.

When you press the (i) icon in the upper right corner of your mining screen, they explain how it works - yes the phone is not actually mining. Also based on what it says there i don't think they'd ever move to actually mining on the phone.
Activity: 518
Merit: 258
Wow. 12 tokens in 3 hours. very good. 50 H / s on my new Huawei Mate 10 Pro. really really good. keep it up and soon I will be rich
Activity: 426
Merit: 11
and now to sell their mined coins the owners of smartphones must register on the exchange and mine more coins for a minimum sell order - it`s only a few months (or "little" more)  Grin
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
Well the mining run in the background and dont slow down the device so it cost nothing to let it run and if I make 20 etn per month this is 20 etn earning for 0 invest.

So its not much but if the price of etn reach 1$ in the future, and that seem like to be realistic for me this will be 20 bucks per month.

Are you sure that the mining process has no impact on the resources of your device at all? Difficult to imagine but maybe some others can share their experience.

My thoughts exactly, but what could be the result of the miner not making an impact on resources is that it's just simulating mining at the moment, when it starts to mine for real then you will see an impact, buy how much, well there's the rub.
Activity: 53
I think that electroneum servers are overloaded with the high number of new registrations and new miner request its a good sign Smiley
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Veritas Mining - Sustainable Crypto Mining
I can´t login into my electroneum mobile wallet. I wait now for 1h to get my activation link for my device. Who else has this problem?

I activated my phone earlier, now I have been waiting for the link to activate my wife's phone for about 30 minutes.
Activity: 135
Merit: 11
I can´t login into my electroneum mobile wallet. I wait now for 1h to get my activation link for my device. Who else has this problem?

Keep the numbers coming in when they jump 5K for more as I will be travelling soon!
Jump to: