Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 246. (Read 240346 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I am very interested in electroneum. I've only read a little about this coin and I already think that this could be one of the hottest coins 2018! I really wanna invest in these. Maybe even all the money that I can afford.  I even tried to convince my mum and dad to invest, but they won't listen to me. The problem I have is that Cryptopia has closed their registration atm and I do not know any other exchange that have electroneum. Does anyone here know?  Huh
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
This happens sometimes when traffic is just to high. I had to wait (at the mccafidiot tweet time) for 10h for withdraw from cryptopia to get some conformations.
Hadn't seen it with ETN. What I found strange is that the backlog was about 40minutes but it still meant several hours before my transactions were in the blockchain. I tried with different levels too and same result. Weird, but I guess miners choose a random set of transaction and not always yours is included in it.
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
I'm investigating Crypto Projects
Dear Electronium Team,

Please get ETN on KuCoin. That is an amazing exchange! It's my favorite! (Better then Binance!)!

Activity: 70
i can't believe where this coin has gone in just a short period of time. what is that power that drives this concept up? i can't see here anything else but speculation. no real value for the markets.

I find your post a bit strange, you surely have not been following the project and it's news updates at all?

It's the other way around. The majority of other top 50 marketcap coins are driven by pure speculation. What is your idea of real value, what adds value? People focus on the blockchain technology too much, security features, new algorithms etc.

To the average person, what does that really mean? Not a lot to be honest. It's a geeks world, and a relatively small world at that.

This is a currency, a currency is meant to be used, not just bought and sold. What value would fiat have if you can't use it in the shops? It would just be some bits of paper wouldn't it?

So a financial institution brings out a new payment/credit card, it's absolutely full of new tech, it's the best of its kind with advanced security features and a stunning futuristic design. The catch is you can't actually use it. Nobody accepts it. That's pretty much what the majority of coins in the market are like, they only serve a purpose of getting traded on the exchanges.

I said before that the market is at risk of becoming a speculative bubble if that scenario goes on. The future of crypto depends on its adoption and how useful it will be going forward.

Electroneum does not have anything new to appease the Crypto geeks among us, it's a fork of Monero. Nothing wrong with that, it's secure and built on a good foundation.

The value is coming from the partnerships that they are making. They secured a payment processing partner, a telecoms industry partner and are working on many more. They said yesterday that these deals are small compared to one they are currently working on. They said its an absolute monster of a partnership.

With more to come, Electroneum could be a very useful currency in the future.

Add to that the viral marketing, the obvious talent they have as marketers, the growing interest and community and of course  the plans they have for mass adoption and you have a potential winner.

I am not a blind supporter of Electroneum. I have investments in quite a few projects and I can see the negatives with ETN too. I just think that Electroneum has a lot of potential and I'm following it closely.

Fully agree man. The more I read, the more I start to think some people just don't really want to understand it. They are stuck in the world of geeks and are starting to lose sight of what cryptoCURRENCY is actually supposed to be(come)

Crypto isn't supposed to be like tradingcards or anything, the whole purpose was to use them as a new form of payment. So far ETN seems to be one of the very few who is really aiming at a large crowd to actually be used as a form of payment rather than to "bring something new" that no-one outside this geek world cares about. ETN isn't trying to re-invent the wheel, re-invent something that already exist and works well (hence being a fork of Monero)

What is a flawless product if you can't market it to the public? If no-one uses it? I'll tell you what it is, just a flawless product that no-one uses. Like I've said before, the average person doesn't understand blockchain, crypto, bitcoin etc. (I don't even fully understand it yet) And if you were to ask them "Would you like me to explain blockchain and cryptocurrency to you?" 80% of the people would answer "Block-what? Crypto-what?" and the other 19% would say "Well, I've heard of it, but it's too complicated"  They don't care if it's not something that you can literally do on your phone with 3 simple steps, that's what ETN is bringing to the table. or atleast trying to bring at this point.
i can't believe where this coin has gone in just a short period of time. what is that power that drives this concept up? i can't see here anything else but speculation. no real value for the markets.

I find your post a bit strange, you surely have not been following the project and it's news updates at all?

It's the other way around. The majority of other top 50 marketcap coins are driven by pure speculation. What is your idea of real value, what adds value? People focus on the blockchain technology too much, security features, new algorithms etc.

To the average person, what does that really mean? Not a lot to be honest. It's a geeks world, and a relatively small world at that.

This is a currency, a currency is meant to be used, not just bought and sold. What value would fiat have if you can't use it in the shops? It would just be some bits of paper wouldn't it?

So a financial institution brings out a new payment/credit card, it's absolutely full of new tech, it's the best of its kind with advanced security features and a stunning futuristic design. The catch is you can't actually use it. Nobody accepts it. That's pretty much what the majority of coins in the market are like, they only serve a purpose of getting traded on the exchanges.

I said before that the market is at risk of becoming a speculative bubble if that scenario goes on. The future of crypto depends on its adoption and how useful it will be going forward.

Electroneum does not have anything new to appease the Crypto geeks among us, it's a fork of Monero. Nothing wrong with that, it's secure and built on a good foundation.

The value is coming from the partnerships that they are making. They secured a payment processing partner, a telecoms industry partner and are working on many more. They said yesterday that these deals are small compared to one they are currently working on. They said its an absolute monster of a partnership.

Add to that the viral marketing, the obvious talent they have as marketers, the growing interest and community and of course  the plans they have for mass adoption and you have a potential winner.

I am not a blind supporter of Electroneum. I have investments in quite a few projects and I can see the negatives with ETN too. I just think that Electroneum has a lot of potential and I'm following it closely.

I'm holding quite a bit from the ICO lets see what the team in England has in store for us it should be a fun ride.

Any idea what is the next Exchange ETN will be listed on?
Activity: 280
Merit: 106

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Activity: 19
Anyone having issues with transactions delay using CLI wallet and a local electrneumd ?

Usually my transfers are quick (max few minutes). But now I have a transaction stuck in pending state and not executing.

How do I check the backlog on the blockchain from electroneumd or the cli wallet ?

EDIT: Ok I discovered the "fee" command. 40 minutes backlog on level 1. Never seen this before.  Everybody is going crazy offloading their coins on cryptopia, I guess.
I quote myself, and the situation with  ETN is getting worse. Yes, there's big backlog on the chain, but also, I have pending transfers that are not getting trough both outgoing from my wallet and also incoming from the mining pool.

Now, the incoming transactions is what is bothering me. They're shown as "pending" at the pool and the blockchain explorer shows that they're pending with 0 confirmations. It has been 5 hours now and it's way beyond the 40 minutes backlog.

The blocks from the pool are quite large (3.9MB) too.

What could be causing this ?

This happens sometimes when traffic is just to high. I had to wait (at the mccafidiot tweet time) for 10h for withdraw from cryptopia to get some conformations.

Is there anyway to speed up the refresh of the wallet after syncing, it takes about half an hour to get the wallet in-sync with the blocks, and with more blocks it's going to take longer.
Hey, yes there is a way. Type 'help' in CLI wallet, you will get all possible commands. One f.e. is 'save_bc' - save current blockchain data.
Activity: 70
Ok, i'm happy ETN hodler too but can anyone explain what ETN coin has in comparison with Dash or Verge for example ? I'm long term hodler and when i'm watching another coins i'm looking for technology and real life problems solving. When i'm looking on Dash, Verge, Litecoin, Stellar and even Diamond with PIVx etc. i see something special in it, some technology, strong teams with ideas.

I see there suggestions that ETN will reach 1$, 10$, 100$ but what ETN offers ?  Yeah ETN is easy to mine (i'm also a miner), but i don't see any advantage in ETN. All that i see is a short term hype with mobile "mining" and not bad ICO marketing and i don't mind if i'm able to make money from it. But it's very risky coin right now and honestly i don't see big future for this coin because you can go to coinmarketcap and get many similar or better coins in top 500 coins.
You can't go wrong by choosing ETN. ETN is not the best in the technology field. It doesn't innovate. It is just a copy of Monero.
But they have a huge marketing. And this ICO has the most participants. Also there is going to be a lot of partners of ETN to distribute the mining app and also i think accept ETN as a payment method. It is going to be a useful coin/money. You can't use Dash, Verge or Litecoin to buy things on a shop. But it is going to be possible for ETN i think. And there is already some companies who accept ETN as a payment method if you go to the official Facebook account of Electroneum.

If i'm an owner of some kind of business then why should i choose unknown ETN instead of well known litecoin or monero ? Yes, i'm already able to use litecoin or monero to buy something, i can use omisego, ethereum and many more coins which are already well known and looks more solid. Why then they need ICO if they don't have any innovation ? And where they are ? Seems like there is no more marketing after ICO ended. I'm only suggesting to ask yourself a reasonable and logical questions about any coin instead of blindly believe in it.

Mass adoption. ETN is looking for mass adoption. Once they iron out the creases they will definitely start to market the hell out of this coin. It isn't mean to necessarily solve problems that other coins have, their only aim is to reach the bigger portion of the population that all other coins aren't. The majority of the current coins are fighting over the current crypto community, which is roughly 1% of the worlds population(?) Etn is trying to capture the rest of the world. Average people want something that's fun and easy to use, and in the palm of their hands(mobile phone) they are not looking at the technical aspect of things. They want to make this coin useful in developing countries as a means of paying part of the phone bill by "mining" their own ETN. Easy for people that have no banks to send each other money, that do not have access to banks. I don't think people in those countries are looking at technology whatsoever, they just want something that's quick and easy to make their lives easier.

And they have marketing. Marketing is everything, with great marketing you can sell ice to an eskimo.
Activity: 798
Merit: 116
always same problem why i can't withdraw my coins from my electroneum wallet?

now are one month with pending transfer
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Anyone having issues with transactions delay using CLI wallet and a local electrneumd ?

Usually my transfers are quick (max few minutes). But now I have a transaction stuck in pending state and not executing.

How do I check the backlog on the blockchain from electroneumd or the cli wallet ?

EDIT: Ok I discovered the "fee" command. 40 minutes backlog on level 1. Never seen this before.  Everybody is going crazy offloading their coins on cryptopia, I guess.
I quote myself, and the situation with  ETN is getting worse. Yes, there's big backlog on the chain, but also, I have pending transfers that are not getting trough both outgoing from my wallet and also incoming from the mining pool.

Now, the incoming transactions is what is bothering me. They're shown as "pending" at the pool and the blockchain explorer shows that they're pending with 0 confirmations. It has been 5 hours now and it's way beyond the 40 minutes backlog.

The blocks from the pool are quite large (3.9MB) too.

What could be causing this ?
Activity: 56
is it still not possible to swith from wallet to cryptopia?
Well I have my ICO coins 20% on Cryptopia and the rest in the online wallet. What should I do now?
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
Is there anyway to speed up the refresh of the wallet after syncing, it takes about half an hour to get the wallet in-sync with the blocks, and with more blocks it's going to take longer.
Activity: 518
Merit: 258
The people who send their coins to HitBtc will write and cry here in a few days. they were warned here before this exchange.
It takes too long and the fairy is far too expensive. I boycot this shit exchange as best I can. I'm not sending another token there.
Hodl the ETN for a long time  ( Dec. 2018 )   Grin
Activity: 410
Merit: 106
1 Billion market cap party?Huh

At this rate will hit within hours and we're in the top 40. Top Of The Pops baby Jimmy Saville will be turning in his grave.

Well done.
Activity: 952
Merit: 552
WARNING

Dont even think about using HitBTC.  They are fucking people left and right.   I transferred VIBE coins and they do not show on my account for days.  No response from Support.
Two days ago I took my BTC out and is stuck on TX with minimal fees (130 sat/B).  The BTC will probably go back to the exchange since it will not get confirmed.
Activity: 15
Ok, i'm happy ETN hodler too but can anyone explain what ETN coin has in comparison with Dash or Verge for example ? I'm long term hodler and when i'm watching another coins i'm looking for technology and real life problems solving. When i'm looking on Dash, Verge, Litecoin, Stellar and even Diamond with PIVx etc. i see something special in it, some technology, strong teams with ideas.

I see there suggestions that ETN will reach 1$, 10$, 100$ but what ETN offers ?  Yeah ETN is easy to mine (i'm also a miner), but i don't see any advantage in ETN. All that i see is a short term hype with mobile "mining" and not bad ICO marketing and i don't mind if i'm able to make money from it. But it's very risky coin right now and honestly i don't see big future for this coin because you can go to coinmarketcap and get many similar or better coins in top 500 coins.
You can't go wrong by choosing ETN. ETN is not the best in the technology field. It doesn't innovate. It is just a copy of Monero.
But they have a huge marketing. And this ICO has the most participants. Also there is going to be a lot of partners of ETN to distribute the mining app and also i think accept ETN as a payment method. It is going to be a useful coin/money. You can't use Dash, Verge or Litecoin to buy things on a shop. But it is going to be possible for ETN i think. And there is already some companies who accept ETN as a payment method if you go to the official Facebook account of Electroneum.

If i'm an owner of some kind of business then why should i choose unknown ETN instead of well known litecoin or monero ? Yes, i'm already able to use litecoin or monero to buy something, i can use omisego, ethereum and many more coins which are already well known and looks more solid. Why then they need ICO if they don't have any innovation ? And where they are ? Seems like there is no more marketing after ICO ended. I'm only suggesting to ask yourself a reasonable and logical questions about any coin instead of blindly believe in it.
Merit: 103
why the mobile application can't mine etn until now i always check the application for update but i didnt spot any sign of life about this subject  Huh
The mining of ETN with a mobile is still not active. They are going to do a stress test before releasing it. I don't know when it will be officially release. We need to wait.
Merit: 103

Jump to: