Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 318. (Read 240346 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 102
Will the etn purchase be enabled directly from the official website? what kind of payments will be accepted?
Activity: 251
Merit: 103

Very interested to see what happens to the price at wallet releases.  So many different theories.
I think it will drop but not as much as some people are thinking but yes it will be interesting to see how it pans out
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
So when exactly are they releasing wallets again? Also im pretty sure I forgot my password to the website since I had to change it right before they locked everyones coins  Cry
Sometime this week and I think everyone will have to reset their passwords again.

Very interested to see what happens to the price at wallet releases.  So many different theories.
Activity: 252
Merit: 107
Not Found
On coinmarketcap there is a blue button next to the bitcoin chart to buy instantly with a credit card. It would be good if ETN could get a button like this. Richard Ells and his team should look into it.

Hype for the coin release, Go ETN!
Activity: 251
Merit: 103
So when exactly are they releasing wallets again? Also im pretty sure I forgot my password to the website since I had to change it right before they locked everyones coins  Cry
Sometime this week and I think everyone will have to reset their passwords again.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
Upcoming week. There is no set date (yet) They'll probably come with another update this week when exactly it launches. I heard it was somewhere mid-week.
Activity: 44
What do you guys think will be Electroneum price? Can it hit $1?

I think $1 isn't being too optimistic. This coin seems to be A LOT more popular in non-western countries than over here. There are people in less developed countries literally waiting for this thing to come out in hope it could make their lives slightly easier. But we do still have to wait and see what actually happens.
Activity: 142

Start to buy, buy, buy and price will increase, maybe hit 1$ if you buy enough.
Activity: 127
Merit: 100

No.

You guys need to stop with that hype attitude. Be real and dont expect too much since its just the very beginning.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 15
Activity: 56
i'm mining at hashparty for about a day now and they are claiming to be making payments.
however when i check my balance, it's still zero.
i checked blockexplorer tx hash they provided (which requires private key to check transmissions btw) and i see some transactions but somehow they do not reach my wallet.
any ideas?

i still don't have my coins in my wallet.
btw it's hashvault not hashparty, sorry for my silly mistake.
Activity: 82
Hello,  could anyone help me out with this?

The problem I'm having is the wallet taking too long to refresh the blockchain....  Since I like to make new wallets for each significant transaction, and each time I do and need to import the new generated paper wallet into the Cli wallet,  the block refresh for the new wallet takes over 52 minutes.  As you can imagine this is taking up a fair amount of time when I have to do it for every major transaction I make.

There must be some way to speed up the Refresh sync in the electroneum/monero simplewallet

Here's an example with a testing purposes wallet, check the time in windows...

https://imgur.com/R2Oft0U

to

https://imgur.com/t24WDAG

I'm wondering what the bottle neck is here that's causing it to take so long,  My Ryzen 1600 cpu is only at around 14%,    and it's not even pegging one core at 100% so it's not a CPU or singlethread bottleneck..

I have a Samsung 850 pro 256gb SSD,  and it's using hardly any disk speed so it's not a disk access bottleneck..

It's only using about 170ish MB of ram....

So all I can think of is it's a network/internet bottleneck of some kind.....

There should be a way to download the entire Electroneum blockchain and have the wallet scan that for transactions upon creating a new recovered wallet using keys ,  using the fast SSD rather than slow network....?

I've read a little on this subject concerning monero,  which electroneum is a fork of,  anything that works for monero should also work for electroneum.

Here for example it mentions downloading the blockchain...
https://www.monero.how/tutorial-how-to-speed-up-initial-blockchain-sync
However,  I've not yet found how to download Electroneums .raw blockchain data from a trusted source as is available for monero...
And this seems for the most part only be for speeding up the Daemons initial Synchronization with the blockchain rather than the blockchain refresh upon creating a new wallet....

Anyone have any ideas?   Thankyou in advance :-)

The bottleneck is the offline wallet. Because an offline wallet does not know on which height of the blockchain it was created. So a wallet needs to sync all blocks on the first time (this is not the sync of the blockchain).
You can use the simplewallet for your wallet creation it should be much quicker. Or try out my GUI wallet, which is also based on the simplewallet and wallet-rpc: https://github.com/XzenTorXz/ElectroneumGUIWallet
If you want to throw hardware on it its cpu power you need.

I disagree that it's a bottleneck. No sure where you get your info, but new wallet did sync in 7 minutes to the while blockchain. If you know when you generated the wallet you can custom sync it from your time or from 0. No problem with that.

I'm not sure what information you mean. Anyway you're right you can sync it from a specific point in the blockchain if you know the creation time, but in a normal generated cli wallet its saved automaticly (on the exact height). Based on the screenshots its starting to sync at 0. I'm not saying its a bottleneck in general, but since he asked for a bottleneck in his specific situation I would say thats it. And the easiest solution to fix it, is to use another wallet then the offline wallet. If you want to have the full security, you need it to run  the offline wallet  on a computer who never sees the internet anyway. In this case the time needed to sync the wallet should be the least hustle.

Btw. I just synced a offline wallet and it took around 15min.

The next optimization is to use a remote rpc node (so you dont have to sync the blockchain yourself). But I would wait with this till an official trust-worthy node is online.

Activity: 45

The problem I'm having is the wallet taking too long to refresh the blockchain....  Since I like to make new wallets for each significant transaction, and each time I do and need to import the new generated paper wallet into the Cli wallet,  the block refresh for the new wallet takes over 52 minutes.  As you can imagine this is taking up a fair amount of time when I have to do it for every major transaction I make.

There must be some way to speed up the Refresh sync in the electroneum/monero simplewallet

to

I'm wondering what the bottle neck is here that's causing it to take so long,  My Ryzen 1600 cpu is only at around 14%,    and it's not even pegging one core at 100% so it's not a CPU or singlethread bottleneck..

I have a Samsung 850 pro 256gb SSD,  and it's using hardly any disk speed so it's not a disk access bottleneck..

There should be a way to download the entire Electroneum blockchain and have the wallet scan that for transactions upon creating a new recovered wallet using keys ,  using the fast SSD rather than slow network....?

I've read a little on this subject concerning monero,  which electroneum is a fork of,  anything that works for monero should also work for electroneum.

However,  I've not yet found how to download Electroneums .raw blockchain data from a trusted source as is available for monero...
And this seems for the most part only be for speeding up the Daemons initial Synchronization with the blockchain rather than the blockchain refresh upon creating a new wallet....

The bottleneck is the offline wallet. Because an offline wallet does not know on which height of the blockchain it was created. So a wallet needs to sync all blocks on the first time (this is not the sync of the blockchain).
You can use the simplewallet for your wallet creation it should be much quicker. Or try out my GUI wallet, which is also based on the simplewallet and wallet-rpc: https://github.com/XzenTorXz/ElectroneumGUIWallet

I disagree that it's a bottleneck. No sure where you get your info, but new wallet did sync in 7 minutes to the while blockchain. If you know when you generated the wallet you can custom sync it from your time or from 0. No problem with that.
hey ETN, Grab the opportunity on STEAM! Cheesy
STEAM is no longer accepting bitcoin XD
imagine where you can buy games using ETN Cheesy

That would be awesome.

And that would take some time. Right now, the coin has not officially been awarded to the ICO investors. So well. It would take a long time for that. It would be awesome yeah.

True. I'm planning to hold for a long time so I can be patient.  Grin
Activity: 266
Merit: 101

That would be awesome.

And that would take some time. Right now, the coin has not officially been awarded to the ICO investors. So well. It would take a long time for that. It would be awesome yeah.

That would be awesome.
Activity: 82

to

Activity: 28

where i can exchange electroneum?
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
Made a mistake on selling account ddnt read rules