Pages:
Author

Topic: Portfolio - page 9. (Read 1237 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 154
May 10, 2018, 12:55:24 AM
How many cryptos should Ihave in my portfolio? Are there one recommended diversification ( like having 3 or 4 coins) ?

Limit yourself to the best of successful projects. Also, split your portfolio into 3-4 main divisions. For example, Bitcoin - Altcoin - ICO and Cash.
So do not miss the opportunities and less chance of financial loss
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
May 10, 2018, 12:18:30 AM
I would include in your portfolio:

1. A position in the top 20 from coin market cap
2. Additional ICO type coins
3. A mix of Proof of stake and proof of work coins even if you buy both on an exchange
4. A choice of some masternode coins that may interest you.  You can look at my signature block to see the masternode I like:  Criptoreal
copper member
Activity: 1380
Merit: 504
THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA
May 09, 2018, 11:36:35 PM
DOGE (I know)

C'mon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=000al7ru3ms

Everyone needs to have a little bit of DOGE!

If for no other reason than DOGE helps keep you grounded with things in perspective.

Besides, DOGE is very science! Cheesy

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622
May 09, 2018, 03:49:20 PM
How many cryptos should Ihave in my portfolio? Are there one recommended diversification ( like having 3 or 4 coins) ?
No there isn't, everything depends on your overall goal. If you're investing, especially a big amount of money - choose 2-3 coins, that you consider as worthy and make a long-term investment, that would be the most profitable way. If you want to trade you can do it with up to 10 coins and buy/sell frequently, whenever it's a good time, but take into account that it will take a lot of your time.
Activity: 1960
Merit: 329
May 09, 2018, 02:14:52 PM
3 or 4 cryptos is little to have as investment. Get as many coins as you can lay your hands on but make sure you aren't buying worthless coins. You never can tell the coin that could give you much profit in the future. That's what I practice.
Activity: 742
Merit: 255
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
May 09, 2018, 01:22:06 PM
If you have more money and more knowledge in Crypto platform you should maintain more than 10 also possible but you don't know the Crypto strategy must gain some knowledge then you should try 3 to 4 coins because we must analyse the right platform and pick the best time then monitor our portfolio it is little complicated in beginners so I recommend to start two coin this will make good profit.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
May 09, 2018, 12:45:45 PM
The number of cryptocurrencies you want to have in your portfolio totally depends on you, the choices of the coin you want, as well as your budget. The thing about all these is that you cannot always have it all, so it is best to have what you can handle and monitor all at once, otherwise with the complexity of the market you will be trying hard trying to move out from those coins when things are not really going well except if you are holding for the long term.
Activity: 190
Merit: 15
May 09, 2018, 07:08:42 AM
Any coin you like. If you like many projects, keep them. But there are a few things to consider:
1) if amount of money is low, keep few coins. Obviously, it makes no sense to keep 50 coins if you have $100 to invest. Over time fees can rise and it will be expensive to sell coins back, move them to exchange back and forth, etc.
2) if amount of time you have is low, keep fewer coins. The same thing here. Makes no sense to keep 50 coins if you have just an hour or two a day to dedicate to crypto. You should always check news amd updates for everything in your portfolio.

So I think, on average, if you have a few hours and not a very big amount to invest, 10 coins is enough.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 163
May 09, 2018, 06:57:36 AM

It depends on how much capital you are going to spend and how much you are willing to risk. But ideally more than 2 asset of coins should be recommended. Also, everything depends on the coin you are investing into if you are going to profit or not. Before you diversify your portfolio, you should research about the project you are going to invest to because a lot of coins out there are basically scams and only few known are going to make you a profit. I suggest you take Ethereum as a necessity in your portfolio.
Activity: 658
Merit: 108
May 09, 2018, 06:20:43 AM

An eternal question of the "right" diversification. The right diversification for you must comply with your risk appetite and your prior research. I personally warn everybody against "overdiversification". Putting your money into too many different cryptocurrencies will efectively make your portfolio copy the whole market performance (and your research was utter waste of time). Pick some cherries and plan your exit strategy.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027
May 09, 2018, 05:47:53 AM
If you keep lot of coins in your portfolio then it will become diffifcult for you to manage them. Only pick the specific coins which are giving returns fast and which are having high liquidity in market so if you get high price then you should be able to sell them.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
May 09, 2018, 05:36:02 AM

There are no specific and exact numbers of coins that will be put on diversification.

It will depend on how will you managed all coins on your portfolio. Why limit yourself in a specific number of coins if you know to yourself that you can properly managed it and you afford it.

You know yourself better than ours so analyzed what you think you can managed. It's all in your own hands to decide.
Activity: 91
Merit: 5
May 09, 2018, 05:17:59 AM
Crypto is really new and there are no crypto investment theories created yet. However, one can learn from general investment theory. According to some old corporate finance textbooks I read in the past, professional investors should create a portfolio of investments that have limited inter-correlation.

This means that if you have 4 investments, ideally, if one investment goes south, the other 3 do not follow the same pattern.
Hence, you want a low correlation between those assets.  For example, if you invest in real estate and suddenly the economy turns into recession and it's difficult to sell your property, its good if you have an investment which is not affected by the same industry forces, such as a bond that is given out by the government of a country.

From an upside perspective, sure, it's possible to diversify in different user cases of cryptos; you can invest in security tokens (verge), payment tokens (litecoin), platform tokens (ethereum, neo). The returns among these different user cases could differ which helps to compensate if one of these tokens doesn't generate optimal returns.

However, from an overall risk management perspective, its very difficult to select different coins that do not correlate. I have done several analysis and found a very strong correlation of several coins and bitcoin prices (over 60%, often between 80-90%). Hence, if you buy a mixed portfolio of different tokens, although you can differentiate based on type of crypto (like security tokens, payment tokens, platform tokens), all tokens are still very correlated with bitcoin. So if bitcoin goes bearish, your entire portfolio will be affected negatively.

It's therefore smart to take a broader perspective; if you invest in crypto, you can diversify among different user cases for the tokens, but make sure you also invest a part of your other assets into non-crypto related asset classes (real estate, bonds, stocks, etc.). In addition, it's important you are aware of your own risk appetite. If you are a risk taker, you can apply less diversification in your crypto portfolio. If you want to minimize your crypto risk, you can consider investing only in bitcoin. In the near future, there probably will be bitcoin ETFs, which could lower the risk even more. ETFs are synthetic investment products that follow the price of for example bitcoin. So you can make profit if bitcoin goes up without you requiring to buy actual bitcoins so you don't need to worry about being hacked etc. It's not like a future which has a fixed end date, so it's more flexible as well.

Activity: 235
Merit: 11
May 09, 2018, 05:04:23 AM
You should have more than one coin, cause it's not wise to put all your investment in a single coin. But there is no recommended number of coins or any specific coins that you should/must have in your crypto currency account. If you have the time and money, I suggest you to have 3 Altcoins along with Bitcoins, means 4 coins in total.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
May 09, 2018, 04:56:37 AM
Beyond Bitcoin, you don't really need to diversify. Altcoins still follow Bitcoin's growth for the most part, so diversifying with them doesn't really work. This, of course assumes that by diversification, you mean spreading assets around to mitigate risks. The way things are going, every altcoin will die before Bitcoin does, so "diversification" actually raises your risk.

If you want to grow your portfolio though, everything is off the table. As I've said, the markets generally follow Bitcoin's price movement, but a few coins here and there could do better than it in short bursts. Since you're essentially gambling at this point, there's no ideal number -- go for things that are doing well or are projected to do well, etc.
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
May 09, 2018, 04:55:28 AM
If you like the risk, suggest you buy some cheap cryptocurrency, then wait for the rise!

If you are a conservative investor, you can buy some BTC,ETH.LTC, etc. These COINS will grow slowly!
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
May 09, 2018, 04:55:17 AM
This depends on quite some factors.
1) How much money do you have available? Is it enough to split? Or just a small starting investment?
2) What is your plan? Do you want to make short-term profits or rather long-term ?
3) Did you already read into projects? Choose those you have trust in. Those who seem to be legit and useful.

You should try to balance your whole portfolio.
Choose 1 or 2 low risk / low reward coins for stability, a few mid risk/reward coins and a few high risk / high reward coins (potential moonshots).
How exactly you balance those out, depends on you. For a more 'conserative' portfolio choose 50% low risk/reward, 35% mid risk/reward and 15% high risk/reward coins.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS
May 09, 2018, 04:41:33 AM
I myself started with just 1, that is the ever king of cryptos BTC. Then as i move on from it, i go to ETH. After a while i went in to NEO and LTE. Now, I'm purchasing coins that allows me to have 100 shares for only a buck. I've veen very successful in some but most of it flopped. It's all about reading the market. But i think 4-5 strong coins is a good way to start.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 186
May 09, 2018, 04:34:35 AM
If you are not yet feeling confident that you will succeed for having so many alts then why don't you start first in two: btc and eth. Those are two of the most trusted crypto and both reliable also. It seems that you are still a beginner so just set these as your practice ground for now and continue to expand your portfolio once you already familiarize the field you've chosen. Good luck. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
May 09, 2018, 04:18:59 AM
cryptocurrency market is still small and heavily influenced by Bitcoin, so it is better to add the following to your portfolio:

1. Bitcoin: As I mentioned above
  2. ETH: most of the tokes depend on it so it will have value in the future.
  3. Monero or Dash: High privacy.

The rest of the cryptocurrencies are just duplicate versions of the above list, useful in the case of short investments but will lose their value mostly
Pages:
Jump to: