Author

Topic: [PoS+PoW] eXocoin [EXO]-gen 2.0- dev. from scratch! Give-Away | Open Beta - page 162. (Read 415636 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Guys how is the promotion? Do we have a facebook page? I know we have twitter and reddit. Lets get things workinng
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
I can not create a new address! choose an encryption method push new Address 1 times I enter password, and the second time I can not enter, once wrote that the phrases are not the same! System windows 7 64 bit
I'm trying to create the first address commando:
create first address 0 test@1Password
but also nothing happens
and so does not get an error report
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
So I synced the client, requested the 10K exo, decrypted the wallet and then started the miner. Miner window status "ok" but in block explorer now red "x"s next to last two blocks, 149 and 150. Does this represent error? Is exo mining?
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
So many different people can "mine" a block? That's pretty innovative if you ask me.
That means that all people together act like a pool.
exactly. That and
Another cool thing is that hashing freezes while submitting to parent thus conserving a lot of computational resources/energy!!!
are the key innovations regarding the mining part. Also, block time is due to this architecture a fixed setting of 10 minutes and is not dependend on a varDiff.

If i undestand well, actually, only cpu mining is possible in the beta. For the final version (or, the released not beta version), is gpu mining will be possible ?
we are going to develope the gpu miner in some days.

wallet is great, so many real options,
and so easy to use

the best i ever seen in cryptoworld
Thanks for your positive feedback and the feedback of all the others as well!

-report bug

when i created only a new address , I fond the address is not same in different place, I dont know why ?  just only a wallet address

It's the same, just trunquated (display bug i guess)

I think the truncation is caused by using a high DPI setting, like 125%.

I have the same problem!

I'm having the same problem but in more than just the address field.  Most of the text boxes are truncated so text is cut off.  Is this a resolution issue?  For instance, the settings tab looks like absolute crap:

The text is truncated all throughout the client also for me.

I am using windows 8.1
going to check that

What are your plans with a new website?
With v0.6 ongoing we will provide 1 or 2 download mirror. Well it is a step-function right now but it might changes again.
Regarding the website, we already changed something here and there. I think it looks much better than before. Sure, it could be improved but we like the basic design of it. If someone has CSS-style improvement or color suggestions feel free to tell us. We could make different themes via url parameter and check what is best then. Sometimes small changes can bring very good results.

Honestly, it looks like shit. Sorry man. Your client is fantastic, but the website is just ugly.

Well no need to excuse yourself - if you hate our website design then it is your personal right Wink Which coin site do you like and why? If I look e.g. at bitcoin.org then it is no masterpiece imho.

thanks again to all supporters and testers!

Thank you for being professional and don't let personal thoughts get to you.

http://www.blackcoin.co/
https://www.counterparty.co/
https://anoncoin.net/
http://www.maxcoin.co.uk/
http://www.worldcoinalliance.net/

This would be a good start: http://themeforest.net/item/casanova/6901444?WT.ac=category_item&WT.z_author=rifki
We will check those sites out, thanks for mentioning some so far.

so, good news first, the nodes did not report any error and none crashed so far. However, the chain is obviously out of sync since block 111/112. Until then mining worked nicely as well.
Since you do not see a green arrow anymore (how could it) you are no longer able to mine as well. So we will have to check again why the chain got out of sync. If you initiate transfers it should got processed anyway. After investigation of logs I'll gonna tell you what we need to change. But that possibly will be tomorrow and not today.

regards
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
The text is truncated all throughout the client also for me.

I am using windows 8.1
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
[WTB]6 btc for 1.5btc 1st stage stake
or
[WTB]5 btc for 1.5btc 2nd stage stake
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
-report bug

when i created only a new address , I fond the address is not same in different place, I dont know why ?  just only a wallet address

I have the same problem!

I'm having the same problem but in more than just the address field.  Most of the text boxes are truncated so text is cut off.  Is this a resolution issue?  For instance, the settings tab looks like absolute crap:

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w488/_danzilla/exo_truncation_zps7a9bd8d4.png
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
yeah,the 0.59.3 is well .
maybe the v6.0 is prefect
Activity: 460
So many different people can "mine" a block? That's pretty innovative if you ask me.

If all cryptos adopt this, say goodbye to pools!

Could be a solution for 51% attack?
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055
-report bug

I have the same problem!
Activity: 182
-report bug

Activity: 546
-report bug

legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
wallet is great, so many real options,
and so easy to use

the best i ever seen in cryptoworld

Activity: 182
If i undestand well, actually, only cpu mining is possible in the beta. For the final version (or, the released not beta version), is gpu mining will be possible ?
legendary
Activity: 1367
legendary
Activity: 1148
Good news after some abstinence from me.

We decided to totally reorganize the udp and udp reliable part. That took of course time to thoroughly investigate after coding was done.

Anyway we come up now with 150 lines less code than before and - more important - it is more straight forward and cleaner than before. We also improved the logging speed (if many transactions per seconds appear this is somewhat not irrelevant, however, the logging will be reduced once it will have to deal with more people). We cleared one memory waste but we will seek for not freed memory with 0.6 more thoroughly.

If 0.59.3 runs stable until the planned eta of 0.6 (to be announced) then the next version will be 0.6 instead of 0.59.4
Also, if it runs stable for the next days then the launch early june seems realistic to us. No major feature is missing, however, we need the proxy part to be done to be more safe against early DDoS attacks. But that is no rocket science so we should get in ready early enough. Features like standing orders can be implemented later on without major troubles as well as the decentral inclient marketplace.

Just created 500 transactions in ~2.5 minutes which translates to 3.3 transactions per second (but note: this speed is not limited by the network but it is limited by my local computer's speed). More important here is not the speed but: all 500 transactions got confirmed and integrated in the block. Then, a new client, was able to download that big block without problems. And that's the major difference to 0.59.2: Even with 0.59.2 we were able to create 2000 transactions (should be still possible Wink ) _but_ a new client was not always able anymore to get that block because of its size. Not always translated to: "a node with very good connection to the network had a good chance to get that block, others not". A block with 500 transactions will be splitted to roughly 250 single udp packets/ethernet frames and if one of them was lost on the way then the 0.59.2 client requested all parts again.

With 0.59.3 we not only split those big blocks into small *reliable* packets - if any packet gets dropped then only that one will get queried again - but with our redesign every udp message in the program that is considered to be too big will automatically splitted into reliable ones. So the reliability aspect moved completly into the inner-udp class. But enough said ---

Right now 4 nodes are up, running and synced. Please report if you have troubles syncing beyond block #14 or #15 (but wait to get it synced first). It should not but who knows....

I'd just like to make a final check on all nodes and make a final test in the other chain.
So I will come back here in about ~2hours and I really hope that we can deliver the update then to you

best regards exocoin

great thanks for the update.
Activity: 460

BAM!   Grin

15   2014-05-23 09:16:14   EXONNr7gAq37rPFOe5hWaZO42fgaK3Qs5mdOcmgm
EXONNr7gAq37rPFOe5hWaZO42fgaK3Qs5mdOcmgm   Mining block 101 payment   + 33.3333 EXO

14   2014-05-23 09:06:14   EXONNr7gAq37rPFOe5hWaZO42fgaK3Qs5mdOcmgm
EXONNr7gAq37rPFOe5hWaZO42fgaK3Qs5mdOcmgm   Mining block 100 payment   + 25 EXO

very good indeed!
Activity: 714
Crypti Community Manager

Activity: 714
Crypti Community Manager
Bug?

Block 100 forward is in the blockchain explorer under the tab "Minable Value" always 100 eXo. Should be 25, then 33,3333 and so on. Smiley
Activity: 546

BAM!   Grin

15   2014-05-23 09:16:14   EXONNr7gAq37rPFOe5hWaZO42fgaK3Qs5mdOcmgm
EXONNr7gAq37rPFOe5hWaZO42fgaK3Qs5mdOcmgm   Mining block 101 payment   + 33.3333 EXO

14   2014-05-23 09:06:14   EXONNr7gAq37rPFOe5hWaZO42fgaK3Qs5mdOcmgm
EXONNr7gAq37rPFOe5hWaZO42fgaK3Qs5mdOcmgm   Mining block 100 payment   + 25 EXO

wonderful.  Grin lol

stable is indeed.
Jump to: