Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 112. (Read 920105 times)

Activity: 241
Merit: 101
I agree there needs to be a dev presence or a takeover for sure. I don't believe this coin will disappear into oblivion though. There are few major holders that (i think) will keep the staking and network going, me included. I have no problem buying at 130, keep it coming. Gotta gamble somewhere baby.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
I still can't make heads or tails out of this coin.  The ideas behind POT still seem solid, and really all a "dev" has to do is just stick around and say hi once in awhile to maintain enough interest to at least keep a few nodes alive and maintain a semi-stable price (considering it can't go much lower before a Pump n Dump group buys the whole market).  But all we have is silence here and at the reddit.  It just seems like such a wasted opportunity of a potentially good idea.  I guess the Crypto scene will never change will it?

As for the Down Traders, I think the situation is a little more complicated than the usual Pump-Dump-Die coin cycle.  Cryptsy is having major WD issues which I can attest to.  I'm not sure if they will survive or not, but the smell of Gox is all over them.  I had to painfully withdraw my entire coin collection from them over the last month, one tiny transaction at a time (as anything larger just got stuck or halved).  I won't touch them again for the foreseeable future.  The problem is POT is mainly traded at Cryptsy, with Bittrex only having around 10-20% of the POT volume that Cryptsy has.  I can't trade POT realistically at any exchange now, and will have to stake it indefinitely at this point.  Until the Cryptsy situation gets sorted out, one way or the other, POT will probably stay stuck in limbo.

It will be interesting to see what happens to POT if Cryptsy shuts down.  Yes, they are the major trading hub for the coin, but Bittrex could easily take that over.  And if they go down, all that POT that is sitting in their wallets could be removed from circulation for a very long time, maybe permanently.  Will it kill the coin, or increase the price due to lack of supply?  I still think what really needs to happen for a POT turnaround is the "dev" group needs to grace us with their presence, or a takeover occur, I don't care which.
Activity: 391
Merit: 250
aka ...
Hi Folks,

i wonder when (ever) the "Down-Traders" will have earned enougth,
2 let this Coin survive.

... seems they do not care at all.

xD Pannekopp
Activity: 23
Hello,
if anyone of you has POT on cex exchange and not paying attention,

Be Aware!!!

that they are delisting the POT trading pairs 15th of December, and from 15th January they will impose 0.00015btc/day fee on every wallet they removing to clear balances, so withdraw/sell your coins before the 15th January.

[Edit]

As on other thread people are questioning this, here is the link: https://support.cex.io/hc/en-us/articles/214379428
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
Hello potcoin!

Any Potcoin graphic designers here want to put together a cool t-shirt or two?

I started CryptoThreads.com and looking to add Potcoin and accept Potcoin for the shirts of course!

You can submit your designs here . And of course, get royalties back per sale. Thanks!
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
Hi POT team questions about spec.

1.  Confirms received?
2.  Confirms rewards?
3.  Minimum age mature?

Hi, Devs are not very active around here, you should write them to [email protected] and they answer you very kindly.

ty for the info!  i'll email them now thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

This coin is going to be delisted from BITTREX.

Can the devs contact BITTREX and ask for the coin to stay?

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Hi POT team questions about spec.

1.  Confirms received?
2.  Confirms rewards?
3.  Minimum age mature?

Hi, Devs are not very active around here, you should write them to [email protected] and they answer you very kindly.
Activity: 8
Hello,
We just wanted to let you know that we accept your Cryptocurrency to buy credit to spend on our marketplace (www.rentamodelmarket.com) 18+ only. We hope that this will also help to spread your currency to those who still do not know the altcoins.

http://s23.postimg.org/hlk54915j/coins.jpg

http://s4.postimg.org/jsx7zg08p/refer_program.jpg

We also want to inform you that anyone who wanted to offer his services (especially as a programmer and webmaster) in our marketplace is welcome.

Thank you!
Activity: 20
Potcoin support just replied my e-mail.
They said that PoS is over and coin will get going on again!
Activity: 476
Already presented android wallet? Fast, well done  Wink                                                     .
Activity: 95
On another note not about Potcoin but related to MMJ - I'm am excited tonight because of an email I got from United for Care - (I posted most of this on the CANN forum also).
We here in Florida thought we were going to have another big battle on our hands over MMJ in the next election. Those that opposed the reform last election, mostly law enforcement, pharmaceutical companies, and others that stand to profit by keeping it illegal, have decided NOT to campaign against it. Here is an email I just got from United for Care -

BREAKING: Petition unopposed at Florida Supreme Court
--
Our opponents have decided NOT to contest United for Care's 2016 petition at the Florida Supreme Court.  As you may recall, United for Care won approval of the 2014 petition despite strong opposition by Attorney General Bondi’s office, as well as the Florida Medical Association, Chamber of Commerce, Florida Sheriffs Association and others.

NONE of these groups filed opposition this time!

While this could mean a speedier approval by the Supreme Court, it is at least a tacit acknowledgment by Attorney General Bondi that this petition is likely to satisfy the Court. 

The 2016 petition was changed (from the 2014 version) to clarify some points, particularly as it relates to parental consent and the process in which people can become caregivers.  It also makes explicitly clear what the Supreme Court found was implied in the 2014 version: that medical marijuana could only be recommended to people with serious, debilitating conditions.

Though the court will still need to approve the petition, it appears the most significant obstacle to getting on the ballot will be obtaining enough validated petitions.  To that end, we need each of you to go here, fill out the form, download and sign the petition, and mail it in. 
Please also encourage your friends and family to do the same, by forwarding this email and sharing the petition link  http://www.unitedforcare.org/petition/ on Facebook and Twitter.

Thank you,

Ben Pollara
Campaign Manager
United for Care

United for Care
http://www.unitedforcare.org/

Anyway, I thought it was worth posting - Right Arm!
-M
Activity: 77
Glad to see more active Twitter.
Good step up.
Activity: 335
I'm planning on participating with JointForce420, maybe I can help revamp it.

From what I've seen...they're likely just trying to buy back in cheap.

Sad.. very sad...

I got 2 pc's and on not 1 PC i was able to sync?
Activity: 335
Merit: 45
I'm planning on participating with JointForce420, maybe I can help revamp it.

From what I've seen...they're likely just trying to buy back in cheap.
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com
ShapeShift.io has released our instant exchange app for Android devices! Buy or sell Potcoin with bitcoin and 45+ cryptos instantly on any Android device. Exchange anytime, anywhere: https://shapeshift.io/site/tools/shapeshift-mobile

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Exactly its the silence that's the most discouraging. I've been in this thread for a few weeks asking about the mobile wallets or any kind of point-of-sale system and I've seen nothing that even remotely resembled progress. According to potlabs own roadmap the web wallet was supposed to be in development months ago but I'm guessing that's entirely vaporware.

This may be tin foil hat stuff but I think potlabs took over the coin for the sole purpose of a pump and dump scheme to make $ for themselves. The transition to PoSv in all honesty was a fairly simple thing to do, the code was already written they just had to integrate it. Releasing the roadmap with all the cool stuff they said they were going to do was just more bs to pump the coin. Again that's just my tin foil hat conspiracy theory but it looks more true after each day of silence.

I don't think it's tin foil hat stuff at all.  Pump 'n dump schemes are pretty standard in the crypto world.  Actually I shouldn't say standard, but rather the majority of the crypto world.  I too believe potlabs is a pump 'n dumper.  What I'm trying to figure out is if the silence is to drive the price down so they can buy back in on the cheap and make their triumphant return, or if they truly are gone for good.

What's unfortunate about all these leadership problems is Potcoin itself does have potential.  Being an "old" coin listed on exchanges has value.  The name Potcoin itself has value; just look at how Dogecoin took off solely for having a recognizable name/image.  Forget the roadmap, all potlabs has to do is say "Hi" from time to time, keep the network stable, and copy/paste a few good ideas from other coins.  That would be enough to keep potcoin around in the altcoin world as a player, maybe giving it the chance to be used at pot shops.  But no, it has to be part of yet another PnD scheme.

Was anybody here around during the last community takeover?  How did that work?  My biggest concern is who controls the Github, Reddit, Website, this thread, and how that will be passed on to the next "leader".  If whoever is in charge is determined to drive the price down, they might sabotage any community effort if they still have control.

It is irrelevant if PotLabs is absent because he unloaded at the highs and wants to buy in at the lows. The FACT is that this is a leaderless project and community. What PotLabs does or doesn't do in the future, at this stage, has no value whatsoever. And no, no one will believer anything he says anymore. No one.

This is a GREAT project. I could be very, very successful. On its own, not as part of any "alliance". It just needs a clear leadership and a clearer timeline of projects/promotion ahead.

In response to your questions, PotLab controls the  Github, Reddit, Website and this thread, hence why this is what it is. That said, it can easily be taken over by simply copy/pasting the Github and fork it with a new iteration of the wallet. Volunteers? I can guarantee that this project would be VERY successful if the proper leadership is set, without changing anything but the timeline. I for one am all for it. Fuck PotLabs.
Activity: 52
Exactly its the silence that's the most discouraging. I've been in this thread for a few weeks asking about the mobile wallets or any kind of point-of-sale system and I've seen nothing that even remotely resembled progress. According to potlabs own roadmap the web wallet was supposed to be in development months ago but I'm guessing that's entirely vaporware.

This may be tin foil hat stuff but I think potlabs took over the coin for the sole purpose of a pump and dump scheme to make $ for themselves. The transition to PoSv in all honesty was a fairly simple thing to do, the code was already written they just had to integrate it. Releasing the roadmap with all the cool stuff they said they were going to do was just more bs to pump the coin. Again that's just my tin foil hat conspiracy theory but it looks more true after each day of silence.

I don't think it's tin foil hat stuff at all.  Pump 'n dump schemes are pretty standard in the crypto world.  Actually I shouldn't say standard, but rather the majority of the crypto world.  I too believe potlabs is a pump 'n dumper.  What I'm trying to figure out is if the silence is to drive the price down so they can buy back in on the cheap and make their triumphant return, or if they truly are gone for good.

What's unfortunate about all these leadership problems is Potcoin itself does have potential.  Being an "old" coin listed on exchanges has value.  The name Potcoin itself has value; just look at how Dogecoin took off solely for having a recognizable name/image.  Forget the roadmap, all potlabs has to do is say "Hi" from time to time, keep the network stable, and copy/paste a few good ideas from other coins.  That would be enough to keep potcoin around in the altcoin world as a player, maybe giving it the chance to be used at pot shops.  But no, it has to be part of yet another PnD scheme.

Was anybody here around during the last community takeover?  How did that work?  My biggest concern is who controls the Github, Reddit, Website, this thread, and how that will be passed on to the next "leader".  If whoever is in charge is determined to drive the price down, they might sabotage any community effort if they still have control.
Activity: 328
estimated POT supply over the next 10 years?
the information is needed for http://alt19.com/19/cryptocurrency.php

also what can you say about POT checkpoints?

thanks
Jump to: