Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 113. (Read 920105 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
if i may chime in a bit more.

it seems to be a "leadership" issue.
not a "dev" issue. 
(i know it's just semantics, but as an outside observer when i read the thread i get the impression that the network is broken)   

the technical side is sound, in terms of network.  also POT is at a major advantage having been a POW coin for a long period then making the transition to POS.  well done.

on the business plan side.  yes there is need for reorganization of leadership and general management.  but this is also a decentralized form of finance.  no permission needed.  got an idea run with it.  

so there is an outer shell of DIY economics.  just do it. but within there can also be a kind of organized management.  so i would advise first to secure the current web properties, they are nice to have and keep.

on the 420JFA ... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=874423.new#new
there is still a bit of activity.  i try my best to keep it going.  but the goal there is not leadership, more finding areas of co-operation where ever it seems wise and also (at least i try) make it a place to highlight any news, so a kind of front page.

currently 420JFA has the stated goal of co-operation on DAC/DAPP projects. that would allow merchants to adopt acceptance of #420 coins as a full suite and getting them selling an array of real products in real stores.  
Activity: 272
Merit: 250

Well, the wallet worked well for me.  Got my bit of interest on the mature coins.  Oddly, my entire balance was listed as 'stake', but only about a third of my blocks were mature.  I hadn't seen that before with any of my other POS coins.
Activity: 661
Merit: 500
We only want the FACTS!
PotCoin still lives for another week on Bittrex.  But the price is taking a slide.

Probably a direct result of the lack of visibility of the developers.

Anybody know where this Coin is going on the roadmap?

this is what i don't get.
POT techwise works for me.
it stakes like a champ and i have yet to encounter buggy-ness.
that's all i need from a dev ... a working network. <--- fullstop the end.

what most of the complaints seem to be about "projects" and "revenue roadmap".
that aint the devs problem ... that's the communities problem ... the problem is whining and not doing.

so find your focus, and turn this coin into a proper DAC, cuz the tech is fine.

@BitcoinNational, your right, I should not have used the term 'Developers'.  I inadvertantly used it in reference to the PotLabs group in general that I consider the development team.  Their name is all over the coin marketing.

So please read my post with the intention of addressing the lack of visibility of the PotLabs team.

From what I see, there is community here ready to support it, in each his/her own capacity.  Just the main business / marketing team driving this platform is... [lurking maybe?]

I though the activity on the 420 Joint Alliance would kick things up, but that has withered, also.  So I am thinking conspiracy!  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked   Biker Gangs have strong armed the weed themed coin teams to back off on their market...
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
I would sur like a statment and even a post/OP Update and Reddit Post/Sticky made by PotLab/Dev Team or such ... If some of them or all of them are not able/willing to go on, no the best news but better news then not knowing what is going on at all.
PotCoin have already survive a few "change/transition", and the sooner the community have a stand/statement, the sooner people can start organizing themself (and march on with PotCoin or not).
For now people can not, or do not want to start working/funding ... on PotCoin Project/Use&Usage/App/Wallet/Marketing/News related stuffs without any "Leader(s)/Organiser(s)/Coordinator(s)".
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
The future for Potcoin is huge. I just hope we can grow all together.
Potlabs please break the silence and keep up! The future is coming!  Shocked
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
PotCoin still lives for another week on Bittrex.  But the price is taking a slide.

All this indicates that the coin uncertain future
Activity: 658
Merit: 504
.... The problem is the total radio silence from those still holding the keys.  If they've abandoned the project, FINE.....not great since it would be yet another (and certainly not the last) BIG LET-DOWN in the crypto-space, but FINE.  The Potcoin followers have been left in the total dark, and it's a shame.

If Potlabs is gone / out of the game, let those that are still playing know what the deal is.

It seems to me, there's still a community out there and much that can still be salvaged under the right kind of leadership.  As BitcoinNational just said, the tech is fine....the tech of all coins is "fine" - it's tackling the 800lb gorilla (real-world adoption/use) that's never left the room that is the inherent issue with ALL coins.

If I recall correctly, PotLabs (or those involved with PotLabs) are based out of Canada, and if what they say about the newly elected Prime Minister Trudeau is accurate, there's enormous potential for Potcoin and its development in Canada.  It would be a shame to abandon the project NOW of all times, but if that's what PotLabs is doing, FFS, let the people know.

Exactly its the silence that's the most discouraging. I've been in this thread for a few weeks asking about the mobile wallets or any kind of point-of-sale system and I've seen nothing that even remotely resembled progress. According to potlabs own roadmap the web wallet was supposed to be in development months ago but I'm guessing that's entirely vaporware.

This may be tin foil hat stuff but I think potlabs took over the coin for the sole purpose of a pump and dump scheme to make $ for themselves. The transition to PoSv in all honesty was a fairly simple thing to do, the code was already written they just had to integrate it. Releasing the roadmap with all the cool stuff they said they were going to do was just more bs to pump the coin. Again that's just my tin foil hat conspiracy theory but it looks more true after each day of silence.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
.... The problem is the total radio silence from those still holding the keys.  If they've abandoned the project, FINE.....not great since it would be yet another (and certainly not the last) BIG LET-DOWN in the crypto-space, but FINE.  The Potcoin followers have been left in the total dark, and it's a shame.

If Potlabs is gone / out of the game, let those that are still playing know what the deal is.

It seems to me, there's still a community out there and much that can still be salvaged under the right kind of leadership.  As BitcoinNational just said, the tech is fine....the tech of all coins is "fine" - it's tackling the 800lb gorilla (real-world adoption/use) that's never left the room that is the inherent issue with ALL coins.

If I recall correctly, PotLabs (or those involved with PotLabs) are based out of Canada, and if what they say about the newly elected Prime Minister Trudeau is accurate, there's enormous potential for Potcoin and its development in Canada.  It would be a shame to abandon the project NOW of all times, but if that's what PotLabs is doing, FFS, let the people know.

legendary
PotCoin still lives for another week on Bittrex.  But the price is taking a slide.

this is what i don't get.
POT techwise works for me.
it stakes like a champ and i have yet to encounter buggy-ness.
that's all i need from a dev ... a working network. <--- fullstop the end.

what most of the complaints seem to be about "projects" and "revenue roadmap".
that aint the devs problem ... that's the communities problem ... the problem is whining and not doing.

so find your focus, and turn this coin into a proper DAC, cuz the tech is fine.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
PotCoin still lives for another week on Bittrex.  But the price is taking a slide.

Nowhere. I've inquired about some of the stuff on the roadmap that should have been completed already and gotten no response. Development is effectively dead. There has been a push to form some sort of alliance between coins but I've yet to see any technical benefits to doing that, or even a software platform that can actually tie them together.

Canada moving to legalize marijuana in April 2016, and the weed theme coins are all on there way out.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/10/20/canadas-new-governing-party-promises-legalize-regulate-marijuana-sales/74260334/

I guess the market will need to rely on goverment loan sharks and high transactions fee based systems from the banks to do business.

Time for a new platform that is shopper friendly not just geek friendly.

I hope other countries follow along and legalize weed.
legendary
Activity: 994
I am planning on launching a weed coin market making asset in the coming days.
If anyone here wants to be involved, please send me a pm. I am looking for a few larger investors to get it off the ground.

The basic idea is as follows.
50% of the asset will be used to invest in various weedcoins to stake, the other 50% will be used for arbitrage and possibly HFT if I can find the right algo.
For the short term, 75% will be held back to reinvest in more staked coins and the 25% will be paid out as dividends, either weekly or twice a month depending on size and earnings.
To keep things simple it will probably launch on NXT Asset Exchange, but I will probably do colored coins as well.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
There has been a long, slow, agonizing silence from where Potcoin is going, and those that are suppose to be in "charge" or the Dev and support Team from PotLab - PotCoin.

The PotCoin community should have a "clear/better" answers and visions where we are going, what is going on, what should be done and where PotLab/dev Team is doing (still up there Huh)

The lack of update/announcement/follow up, have only hurt Potcoin. Some news and other change (New Canadian Prime Minister - New legalized US State - upcoming Cannabis related events), should/could have but us back in the right path, but nothings seems to be happening and so the believer and investor confidence are going up in smoke and disappearring slowly.

If the Dev Team / Potlab can not or are not able to go on with it roadmap, it would be better to let know the community so that we might "take over" and push forward. Not knowing what is going on only stop us and prevent us to move forward.

Still have hope for Potcoin that it is not too late to redresse the situation before the interress and price fall so low that Potcoin seems like so many other Scam/Mismanage other Coin.

Let's try to keep things moving forward, rolling and positive

In the hope it can make Potcoin strong again.
legendary
Activity: 1162

Nowhere. I've inquired about some of the stuff on the roadmap that should have been completed already and gotten no response. Development is effectively dead. There has been a push to form some sort of alliance between coins but I've yet to see any technical benefits to doing that, or even a software platform that can actually tie them together.

Canada moving to legalize marijuana in April 2016, and the weed theme coins are all on there way out.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/10/20/canadas-new-governing-party-promises-legalize-regulate-marijuana-sales/74260334/

I guess the market will need to rely on goverment loan sharks and high transactions fee based systems from the banks to do business.

In all honesty I think its just going to be Bitcoin that fills the role. Its the most established and already poised for it. Projects like OpenBazaar will make it possible to buy anything with Bitcoin, and there are already BTC payment processors for the retail stores

Then my next questions is why have any other coin?

If BTC has it now why bother!  All the little inter-altcoin tiffs and skurfs are not bringing any reputable commerce to the cann/weed/pot/maryj (did I miss a few) coin market.

There were a couple of reasons, pretty solid ones: You would make a 5% yield annually on your saving in POT and you would save another 5% with respect to BTC in your purchases of POT. Not earth-shattering, but solid, no doubt... Conceivably also, you could potentially earn significantly more via appreciation if -huge IF- more users came into the fold via promotions and general adoption/legalization. It was -still is- a very nice project... BUT, RIGHT NOW THIS IS A PROJECT LEFT ON IT'S OWN, FULLY ABANDONED AND WITH NO DEVELOPMENT WHATSOEVER. Of any kind. Hence, the price disaster which, evidently, affects the whole ecosystem for not even the most adventurous retailers would risk any operations to be carried on this disaster of operation. PotLabs is, obviously, not just incompetent in every possible way,but also not even in touch with anything related to POT at this point. And there's no one else. So it is marching on autopilot towards total obsolescence.

But could have very easily be a triumph, a long term success. Still can but not with anyone remotely resembling PotLabs around. 

We only want the FACTS!

In all honesty I think its just going to be Bitcoin that fills the role. Its the most established and already poised for it. Projects like OpenBazaar will make it possible to buy anything with Bitcoin, and there are already BTC payment processors for the retail stores

Then my next questions is why have any other coin?

If BTC has it now why bother!  All the little inter-altcoin tiffs and skurfs are not bringing any reputable commerce to the cann/weed/pot/maryj (did I miss a few) coin market.

We only want the FACTS!

Activity: 749
Merit: 507
This coin is gonna delisted from bittrex if there will be no volume

The question is who will make the trade volume? How many traders use the site actively?

We only want the FACTS!

legendary
I doubt Rex would be foolish enough to delist POT.

But here's the solution.
Cryptsy was the main market.
It is no longer because to buy $1 of POT you will need to be KYC and they keep your coins until you comply.
NOPE!

So go trade on bittrex until the man catches up to them Wink
Jump to: