Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 114. (Read 920105 times)

Activity: 792
Merit: 251
This coin is gonna delisted from bittrex if there will be no volume
Activity: 394
Merit: 250
have no connection to the wallet since 3 day sombody same problem?

Do you have other wallets running with a connection to their networks? Have you made any changes to your computer or routers firewall that might be blocking the connections?
You can grab a list of nodes from https://chainz.cryptoid.info/pot/#!network
Copy and paste the entire list to a "potcoin.conf" file in the same folder as your blockchain, if your on windows its under appdata\roaming, you can browse there in an explorer window by using %appdata% and hitting enter.  

Thanks bro!
This worked!

Activity: 394
Merit: 250
I used the bootstrap.dat and I am still 8 weeks behind. My wallet won't sync...Anybody got any good nodes?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
The Dude Of DopeCoin
The world needs more blunt honesty.
Well Done.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-the-epic-420-alliance-joint-force-united-we-stand-874423
stop by the #420 JFA

BitcoinNational did a bang up job! I highly recommend anyone who wants a snap shot on everything crypto and cannabis to check out his write-up.
legendary
The Dude Of DopeCoin
Dopecoindude....I actually like this guy....has some good intentions, but i'm not sure encouraging adoption and use of Dopecoin for nefarious transactions is the right pitch.

Thanks  Grin

Yes, that is always has been the knock on DopeCoin , but the fact is any crypto is going to be used for nefarious activities. I still recall Potcoin saying they would ban people who use it PotCoin  to buy things other then Pot. I never looked back and dumped all my Potcoin after that Grin  It isn't realistic. People will use Potcoin for whatever they want. As for the name of DOPEcoin is suppose to be 'cool' also and as in the movie DOPE shows you that is the case. But, your point is taken pinchecobadre.

Btw: The whole concept of the 420 JOINT alliance ( https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-the-epic-420-alliance-joint-force-united-we-stand-874423 ) was built for this. I started the idea basically to bring a 'foundation' type org. to the crypto scene.

Pinche makes a valid point, however I don't see why some time and energy rebranding couldn't fix it. Maybe come up with an acronym for DOPE, encouraging licit use or direct focus toward different aspects of the coin, like security or even going green with POS. I think Pinche is just pointing out that the current branding isn't optimal in terms of adoption.

Thanks Jahvinci!

Yes, there can be some re-purposing of the term DOPE toward some theme this is true.  Right, I get the point that Pinche is making that adoption might not come in the from of DopeCoin per say , but then again dogecoin got adoption so who knows!  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
.....consolidation, while an excellent idea, would really be a pipe dream and will never EVER happen given the personalities at the helm of all these coins are either no where to be found, can't see past their own egos or are just unprofessional imbeciles who no one would ever want to work with. 

The problem all coins face is adoption.....the technology is all there....it's sound, it works, but no one in the legitimate cannabis-industry is willing to take the risks....largely due to the fucking imbeciles claiming to be DEVs and the cesspool that is BCTalk......one a side note, I would never EVER encourage ANY business person to come read the fucking bullshit that goes on here.

Anyway, back to the consolidation idea and why it's a pointless discussion, let's look at the so called DEVS of some of these coins...

Potcoin....PotLabs who? They've all but abandoned the community and don't give a shit when the community calls for change. "Let's Grow Together?"...... What a joke!

Cannacoin....seriously?Huh Bunch of pre-pubescent stereotypical fuck-wads....Josh is a good developer, but needs to be locked in a hole coding and the muzzle kept on him tightly....and his brother locked up in jail with no internet access.  Josh chose "family" over his project and let his brother James do so much PR damage with his vendetta against CANN. Since working with Josh means you have to deal with his dipshit brother, Cannacoin wouldn't be worth the time.

Cannabiscoin have been unjustifiably attacked by those Cannacoin fuck-tards....Deltanine's greatest admirers....there's no chance in hell he'll want to work with anyone given the attacks he's received at the hands for the CCN people - I don't blame him either.  Also, if you chose to believe all the crap that has been written about them, why would we want to work with him......NEXT...

Maryjanecoin ..... Adam Garrity....for real? You'd be lucky to have your question stay in his thread for 5 mins before he lays down his censorship hammer and deletes your post.  He's another who thinks he's God's gift to the crypto-space, that everyone is beneath him and all others are copycats of his ideas....GOD forbid you tell him his "dabbubbleconcentrates.com" website looks like it wws developed by a five year old.....Adam will not work with anyone.

Dopecoindude....I actually like this guy....has some good intentions, but i'm not sure encouraging adoption and use of Dopecoin for nefarious transactions is the right pitch.

Jahvinci and the new Motacoin.....I also like this guy....he was directly responsible for hyping MARYJ to some stellar prices, but hyping and pump and dumps shouldn't be the focal point.....adoption should.  It's too early to tell how Jahvinci and Motacoin will fare, but he seems motivated and may be worth putting your faith in him.....just don't ask Adam Garrity about him as he'll quickly tell you some bullshit scam story, rather than STFU.....another sign of how much of an unprofessional loser Adam is....the better man wouldn't say shit.

Rdyoung, you have some decent ideas, but you're a lot like Adam Garrity in that you just can't handle criticisms AT ALL. You are convinced nyc2fuse is a moron who can't possibly grasp what your saying.  Your responses are riddled with unfounded accusations of stupidity, when that's clearly not the case. Nyc2fuse writes as intelligently as anyone I've seen here and you'd be wise to take some pointers.  With each one of your lame tirades at nyc2fuse, you look more and more childish to the reader.  I'd work on that if I were you, otherwise, no one will take you seriously; why would we when you can't seem to maintain a civil and intelligent exchange.

It's a shame because you're so passionate about cryptos and we need people like you, but not if you're unwilling to debate without resorting to childish remarks like...."clearly you either don't grasp ... Yadda yadda yadda or you're just an idiot".... These.types of exchanges are nauseating.

Anyway, sorry for the tirade....I needed a .moment to vent.

The world needs more blunt honesty.
Well Done.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-the-epic-420-alliance-joint-force-united-we-stand-874423
stop by the #420 JFA
legendary
Activity: 1270
I have been trying different amounts for the max split setting using this address: PSbEfgz1EVA5z2mNwwbiTftgPBzFjhY6p5

The latest amount I have been testing is a max split setting of 100.

Some observations...as we already know, reducing the max stake causes you to stake more often but with a smaller reward. The address above has about 81k worth of Potcoin but only about 6K is currently staked leaving the rest for new blocks or to be spent. The wallet anticipates a new stake every 6 minutes with the current difficulty of .0024.

When I was testing with a max split of 5K about 46k was staked with whatever the difficulty was at the time. We know that decreasing the max split will cause more stakes to occur but also increase the difficulty.

I think the time coins spend being "staked" is 8 hours before they are available again.

Thoughts?

It seems that making the value smaller would make the coin more usable. I brought up earlier that people looking to use the coin in a transaction can't stake their coins, missing out on possible interest. Having a smaller % of coins staked at any one time would help. Plus that's more staking, which should improve the network's health.

I don't know if its really necessary to make it user selectable. I think we should be able to come up with a reasonable value that works well, at least for now while the network is small.

One side effect of staking too often is an increase in the size of your wallet file. Have gone back to using the 5k version as that is currently staking every hour or so (with the current difficulty) vs every 6 minutes. I noticed the difficulty go way down by doing so....from .0021 to .0011.

The default wallet stakes a few times a day (2-3 I think) due to all your coins being used up (if you have under 2 million) and the 8 hours to maturity. I am considering going back to using that as I personally don't need to be staking that often. Yes it will reduce the difficulty but we should still see close to 40 second block times.
Activity: 335
Merit: 45

Thanks  Grin

Yes, that is always has been the knock on DopeCoin , but the fact is any crypto is going to be used for nefarious activities. I still recall Potcoin saying they would ban people who use it PotCoin  to buy things other then Pot. I never looked back and dumped all my Potcoin after that Grin  It isn't realistic. People will use Potcoin for whatever they want. As for the name of DOPEcoin is suppose to be 'cool' also and as in the movie DOPE shows you that is the case. But, your point is taken pinchecobadre.

Btw: The whole concept of the 420 JOINT alliance ( https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-the-epic-420-alliance-joint-force-united-we-stand-874423 ) was built for this. I started the idea basically to bring a 'foundation' type org. to the crypto scene.

Pinche makes a valid point, however I don't see why some time and energy rebranding couldn't fix it. Maybe come up with an acronym for DOPE, encouraging licit use or direct focus toward different aspects of the coin, like security or even going green with POS. I think Pinche is just pointing out that the current branding isn't optimal in terms of adoption.
legendary
The Dude Of DopeCoin

Thanks  Grin

legendary
The Dude Of DopeCoin

IMO there is no need to consolidate them unless its decided that there should be only one weed coin. Who makes that decision? No clue.
I do agree that the idea for a weedcoin multi wallet is a good one, possibly get the coinomi people on it and brand it as such. No need for the destruction IMO, coinomi has integrated shapeshift for the coins it supports, so someone from the weed coins would need to work towards getting shapeshift support.

We can build it as we are on coinomi and have an android wallet and have a good dev. who can do this kind of work.  We've been talking to shapeshift and waiting to hear back. If everyone puts there mind to it big things can happen.
Activity: 658
Merit: 504
I have been trying different amounts for the max split setting using this address: PSbEfgz1EVA5z2mNwwbiTftgPBzFjhY6p5

Some observations...as we already know, reducing the max stake causes you to stake more often but with a smaller reward. The address above has about 81k worth of Potcoin but only about 6K is currently staked leaving the rest for new blocks or to be spent. The wallet anticipates a new stake every 6 minutes with the current difficulty of .0024.

When I was testing with a max split of 5K about 46k was staked with whatever the difficulty was at the time. We know that decreasing the max split will cause more stakes to occur but also increase the difficulty.

I think the time coins spend being "staked" is 8 hours before they are available again.

Thoughts?

It seems that making the value smaller would make the coin more usable. I brought up earlier that people looking to use the coin in a transaction can't stake their coins, missing out on possible interest. Having a smaller % of coins staked at any one time would help. Plus that's more staking, which should improve the network's health.

I don't know if its really necessary to make it user selectable. I think we should be able to come up with a reasonable value that works well, at least for now while the network is small.
legendary
On a side note...it looks like I could make the max split a command line option using the command "reservebalance" as a template but that would take more time than I am willing to exert. Have not checked out how hyperstake or other coins do it yet.
legendary
Here is a version of the Potcoin Windows wallet that reduces the max split from 2 million to 5 thousand:

potcoin-08.7.2-win32-5Kv2.zip

This version will cause you to stake more often if you have over 5K POT. It stakes more often because it divides up each stake into a max of 5 thousand coins instead of 2 million. This will not increase your staking reward. It should average to be about the same as the official wallet.

This version also implements a fix for allowing outputs to merge even if they're from the same transaction as the staked output. It does not include support for uPNP. I may compile in support for uPNP at a future date if time permits.

Source: https://github.com/CartmanSPC/Potcoin
Disclaimer: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. DO NOT HOLD ME RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST COIN.

Very nice...

Any chance you can compile one with the split set to 1k? I want to try something. I am going to see if I can goose the network every few days and get back some of the blocks we have been short Smiley

Sure....ultimately it would be nice if we could have this user selectable. If anyone knows of any coins that have this feature let me know...will see how hard it is to implement.

Thoughts?
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Noticed a bunch new Potcoin posts on twitter today, featuring Mickey Mouse no less . Posted by "PotCoin News Watch ‏@PotCoinBot" Who controls this bot, does anyone know?
legendary
Activity: 1162
.....consolidation, while an excellent idea, would really be a pipe dream and will never EVER happen given the personalities at the helm of all these coins are either no where to be found, can't see past their own egos or are just unprofessional imbeciles who no one would ever want to work with. 

... Yadda yadda yadda ....

pinchecobadre

A much needed therapy session!

Lets all go out and drink or inhale something together!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The adoption and ease-of-use, will be a good indicator of which of the coins should be supported.

That is where the discussions in the thread, I think (my small opinion), should be the focus at this point. 

Agree with this. Also its interesting that nobody associated with the Potcoin development team has had anything to add to these discussions. Maybe that's the problem. We're all assuming there is still a development team running this thing, but maybe its been quietly abandoned after the PoSv screw up and we're all just wasting our breath.

I think anything we do toward greater adoption has to begin with some sort of mobile wallet or payment app. Its the only way I see an average person picking this up. Based on the road map I saw from ~5 months ago a mobile application for iPhones and Android was supposed to be launched back in August:

http://www.potcoinjoint.com/forum/potcoin/press-news/3307-potcoin-development-roadmap

So what ever happened to that, Is it just vaporware? Has anything been released or any updates provided?

Just vaporware, obviously.The "development team" not just fucked up on POSv they haven't been able to keep the roadmap that they themselves set --- err, come to think of it, what "development team". It's just a fucked up individual under the pseudonym of "PotLabs" which, evidently, is no longer doing or even pretending to be doing anything. So, for all intents and purposes. this is an abandoned project, therefore any discussions, short of taking the project over, are a complete waste of time.

pinchecobadre

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The adoption and ease-of-use, will be a good indicator of which of the coins should be supported.

That is where the discussions in the thread, I think (my small opinion), should be the focus at this point. 

Agree with this. Also its interesting that nobody associated with the Potcoin development team has had anything to add to these discussions. Maybe that's the problem. We're all assuming there is still a development team running this thing, but maybe its been quietly abandoned after the PoSv screw up and we're all just wasting our breath.

I think anything we do toward greater adoption has to begin with some sort of mobile wallet or payment app. Its the only way I see an average person picking this up. Based on the road map I saw from ~5 months ago a mobile application for iPhones and Android was supposed to be launched back in August:

http://www.potcoinjoint.com/forum/potcoin/press-news/3307-potcoin-development-roadmap

So what ever happened to that, Is it just vaporware? Has anything been released or any updates provided?
Activity: 661
Merit: 500
We only want the FACTS!

pinchecobadre

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

The problem all coins face is adoption.....the technology is all there....it's sound, it works, but no one in the legitimate cannabis-industry is willing to take the risks....largely due to the fucking imbeciles claiming to be DEVs and the cesspool that is BCTalk......one a side note, I would never EVER encourage ANY business person to come read the fucking bullshit that goes on here.

Anyway, back to the consolidation idea and why it's a pointless discussion, let's look at the so called DEVS of some of these coins...

Potcoin....PotLabs who? They've all but abandoned the community and don't give a shit when the community calls for change. "Let's Grow Together?"...... What a joke!

Cannacoin....seriously?Huh Bunch of pre-pubescent stereotypical fuck-wads....Josh is a good developer, but needs to be locked in a hole coding and the muzzle kept on him tightly....and his brother locked up in jail with no internet access.  Josh chose "family" over his project and let his brother James do so much PR damage with his vendetta against CANN. Since working with Josh means you have to deal with his dipshit brother, Cannacoin wouldn't be worth the time.

Cannabiscoin have been unjustifiably attacked by those Cannacoin fuck-tards....Deltanine's greatest admirers....there's no chance in hell he'll want to work with anyone given the attacks he's received at the hands for the CCN people - I don't blame him either.  Also, if you chose to believe all the crap that has been written about them, why would we want to work with him......NEXT...

Maryjanecoin ..... Adam Garrity....for real? You'd be lucky to have your question stay in his thread for 5 mins before he lays down his censorship hammer and deletes your post.  He's another who thinks he's God's gift to the crypto-space, that everyone is beneath him and all others are copycats of his ideas....GOD forbid you tell him his "dabbubbleconcentrates.com" website looks like it wws developed by a five year old.....Adam will not work with anyone.

Jahvinci and the new Motacoin.....I also like this guy....he was directly responsible for hyping MARYJ to some stellar prices, but hyping and pump and dumps shouldn't be the focal point.....adoption should.  It's too early to tell how Jahvinci and Motacoin will fare, but he seems motivated and may be worth putting your faith in him.....just don't ask Adam Garrity about him as he'll quickly tell you some bullshit scam story, rather than STFU.....another sign of how much of an unprofessional loser Adam is....the better man wouldn't say shit.

Rdyoung, you have some decent ideas, but you're a lot like Adam Garrity in that you just can't handle criticisms AT ALL. You are convinced nyc2fuse is a moron who can't possibly grasp what your saying.  Your responses are riddled with unfounded accusations of stupidity, when that's clearly not the case. Nyc2fuse writes as intelligently as anyone I've seen here and you'd be wise to take some pointers.  With each one of your lame tirades at nyc2fuse, you look more and more childish to the reader.  I'd work on that if I were you, otherwise, no one will take you seriously; why would we when you can't seem to maintain a civil and intelligent exchange.

It's a shame because you're so passionate about cryptos and we need people like you, but not if you're unwilling to debate without resorting to childish remarks like...."clearly you either don't grasp ... Yadda yadda yadda or you're just an idiot".... These.types of exchanges are nauseating.

Activity: 661
Merit: 500
We only want the FACTS!
I don't think changing the coin is the solution to anything right now. The technology has already far outpaced the market, at least as far as the blockchain is concerned. The industry we're all targeting is largely storefront retail businesses. Sure there are online head shops and such that will accept crypto currency, but most stores today are not doing that. Also last time I checked sending drugs through the mail was still illegal. So people are not going to be doing that with this coin (mostly...)

I think the biggest problem we have is making this thing (whatever it ends up being) work smoothly during in person sales/exchanges. And ATMs are not the answer.

+1 to that!
I don't think changing the coin is the solution to anything right now. The technology has already far outpaced the market, at least as far as the blockchain is concerned. The industry we're all targeting is largely storefront retail businesses. Sure there are online head shops and such that will accept crypto currency, but most stores today are not doing that. Also last time I checked sending drugs through the mail was still illegal. So people are not going to be doing that with this coin (mostly...)

I think the biggest problem we have is making this thing (whatever it ends up being) work smoothly during in person sales/exchanges. And ATMs are not the answer.
Jump to: