Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 123. (Read 920105 times)

Activity: 241
Merit: 101
is there going to be a mac wallet fix?

Someone needs to compile a mac wallet for whatever versions of osx people are using.

ouch

Ouch? Why ouch?

Im just not feeling like i'll see it anytime soon that's all.

I have windows machines but my son hogs them all up for his gaming basement.  Embarrassed

I am sure someone around here can compile a binary for mac, just have to ask. Or you could see if you could figure it out yourself, there are walkthroughs on how to compile other coins like rdd for linux/mac/etc, mac should be similar to linux.

sweet!
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

Someone needs to compile a mac wallet for whatever versions of osx people are using.

ouch

Ouch? Why ouch?

I have windows machines but my son hogs them all up for his gaming basement.  Embarrassed

I am sure someone around here can compile a binary for mac, just have to ask. Or you could see if you could figure it out yourself, there are walkthroughs on how to compile other coins like rdd for linux/mac/etc, mac should be similar to linux.

ouch

Ouch? Why ouch?

legendary

ouch

Ouch? Why ouch?

ouch
legendary

legendary
Hi Guys, I have 21 addresses in my Potcoin wallet stacking but I noticed one of them stopped appearing in the normal rotation of things on my transaction page. It last appeared in transactions 9/16 09:50 with an amount of 0.02464116 on 500k coins. It's prevous round was 9/15 16:14ith an amount of 0.1330623...any ideas
p.s. On the Overview page my balance is correct.

It combined it with another address. You can see it in the "send" tab under 'inputs' if you enable the 'coin control' feature. (preferences, display, check the coin control features.. then view in the send tab. I think..

He said "addresses". It wasn't combined with anything else. What likely has happened is that the balance is small enough that its going to take awhile to stake, this will happen more often as the difficulty increases. @cogitorium might consider using the modded binaries that @cartmanspc has provided, no need for the multiple addresses.

my bad..hehe

It happens Smiley
Hi Guys, I have 21 addresses in my Potcoin wallet stacking but I noticed one of them stopped appearing in the normal rotation of things on my transaction page. It last appeared in transactions 9/16 09:50 with an amount of 0.02464116 on 500k coins. It's prevous round was 9/15 16:14ith an amount of 0.1330623...any ideas

It combined it with another address. You can see it in the "send" tab under 'inputs' if you enable the 'coin control' feature. (preferences, display, check the coin control features.. then view in the send tab. I think..

He said "addresses". It wasn't combined with anything else. What likely has happened is that the balance is small enough that its going to take awhile to stake, this will happen more often as the difficulty increases. @cogitorium might consider using the modded binaries that @cartmanspc has provided, no need for the multiple addresses.

my bad..hehe
legendary

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
legendary
Here is a version of the Potcoin Windows wallet that reduces the max split from 2 million to 5 thousand:

potcoin-08.7.2-win32-5Kv2.zip

This version will cause you to stake more often if you have over 5K POT. It stakes more often because it divides up each stake into a max of 5 thousand coins instead of 2 million. This will not increase your staking reward. It should average to be about the same as the official wallet.

This version also implements a fix for allowing outputs to merge even if they're from the same transaction as the staked output. It does not include support for uPNP. I may compile in support for uPNP at a future date if time permits.

Source: https://github.com/CartmanSPC/Potcoin
Disclaimer: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. DO NOT HOLD ME RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST COIN.

Thanks for putting in the work to correct this. Such a lame thing for the devs to overlook...you looked at the code more thoroughly than I did was it a straight copy and paste from Reddcoin?

POSv2.0 hasn't been integrated to the reddcoin code as far as I am aware. I remember laudney the guy who created POSv posting that it he designed it in a way that made it very hard to just copy/paste it and expect it to work.

Well I meant just the code he worked on, which it looks like from the Git commit was just the wallet.cpp. The recombining was originally from Reddcoin and it apparently made its way into a lot of other coins that copied it.

Right and my point was that with potcoin having integrated POSv2.0 it couldn't have been a copy/paste job, especially with what I said about laudney claiming to have coded it in a way that made that difficult. I can't speak to what code was in which coins source first, I didn't look that closely at the rdd source when I was helping beta test for the transition.
legendary
Here is a version of the Potcoin Windows wallet that reduces the max split from 2 million to 5 thousand:

This version will cause you to stake more often if you have over 5K POT. It stakes more often because it divides up each stake into a max of 5 thousand coins instead of 2 million. This will not increase your staking reward. It should average to be about the same as the official wallet.

This version also implements a fix for allowing outputs to merge even if they're from the same transaction as the staked output. It does not include support for uPNP. I may compile in support for uPNP at a future date if time permits.

Thanks for putting in the work to correct this. Such a lame thing for the devs to overlook...you looked at the code more thoroughly than I did was it a straight copy and paste from Reddcoin?

POSv2.0 hasn't been integrated to the reddcoin code as far as I am aware. I remember laudney the guy who created POSv posting that it he designed it in a way that made it very hard to just copy/paste it and expect it to work.

Well I meant just the code he worked on, which it looks like from the Git commit was just the wallet.cpp. The recombining was originally from Reddcoin and it apparently made its way into a lot of other coins that copied it.

Right and my point was that with potcoin having integrated POSv2.0 it couldn't have been a copy/paste job, especially with what I said about laudney claiming to have coded it in a way that made that difficult. I can't speak to what code was in which coins source first, I didn't look that closely at the rdd source when I was helping beta test for the transition.
legendary

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

legendary

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

legendary

Very nice...

Any chance you can compile one with the split set to 1k? I want to try something. I am going to see if I can goose the network every few days and get back some of the blocks we have been short Smiley

Sure....ultimately it would be nice if we could have this user selectable. If anyone knows of any coins that have this feature let me know...will see how hard it is to implement.

Off the top of my head, Hyperstake and bottlecaps have a setspltthreshold command. Hyperstake writes to the wallet.dat, caps I believe has to be set via a flag or in the conf for every launch. I would prefer it be written to the wallet file, no need to modify any start commands or do anything else special.
legendary
Activity: 1270

Very nice...

Any chance you can compile one with the split set to 1k? I want to try something. I am going to see if I can goose the network every few days and get back some of the blocks we have been short Smiley

Sure....ultimately it would be nice if we could have this user selectable. If anyone knows of any coins that have this feature let me know...will see how hard it is to implement.
Jump to: