Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 127. (Read 920105 times)

legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
I'v transferred 750k in 50k incriments from Cryptsy to my Pot Wallet so far this morning with no issues. Should be a landslide of deposits by day end.

yep, no maintenance. oh sweet! I hope all the action doesn't break anything.  Smiley

edit: im not getting my email confirmation. arrr

This is why I add addresses to the trusted list and use a bot for the withdrawals Smiley
Activity: 241
Merit: 101
I'v transferred 750k in 50k incriments from Cryptsy to my Pot Wallet so far this morning with no issues. Should be a landslide of deposits by day end.

yep, no maintenance. oh sweet! I hope all the action doesn't break anything.  Smiley

edit: im not getting my email confirmation. arrr
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
legendary
Cryptsy pot wallet is back online. Everyone get to staking Smiley
improssburr !

Its true, I requested a withdrawal and got it and everything Smiley.
Now if bittrex would bring theirs back we can really rock and roll.

I just sent this NEW support ticket to Cryptsy -
I made a request for 50 pot coins that I DID get a pin code for withdraw. I clicked the link you sent in email and the 50 coins were deposited in my wallet. With that completed I made another request for a withdraw but I am NOT getting the email PIN code from you to proceed. I have click the SEND PIN CODE many times over the last 2 hours but no email and no error message. I logged out and back in (using the 2fa) and you do send the PIN to log in but then, not to withdraw.

Because of the wallet issues detailed in my last support ticket (#204383) Downloading 50 coins was a test of the system. I still want to withdraw the remaining balance of over 200k coins to my wallet. Please advise. Thank you for your time. -M

Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks! -M

I use a bot for all of my withdrawals Smiley
You shouldn't be receiving a pin # for the withdrawal, you give them the 2fa when you request and then you get the email with the link. If your getting a pin 2 your email to login, you might as well turn off 2fa. Authy has both mobile and chrome apps to generate your 2fa code.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
improssburr !

I just sent this NEW support ticket to Cryptsy -
I made a request for 50 pot coins that I DID get a pin code for withdraw. I clicked the link you sent in email and the 50 coins were deposited in my wallet. With that completed I made another request for a withdraw but I am NOT getting the email PIN code from you to proceed. I have click the SEND PIN CODE many times over the last 2 hours but no email and no error message. I logged out and back in (using the 2fa) and you do send the PIN to log in but then, not to withdraw.

Because of the wallet issues detailed in my last support ticket (#204383) Downloading 50 coins was a test of the system. I still want to withdraw the remaining balance of over 200k coins to my wallet. Please advise. Thank you for your time. -M

Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks! -M
legendary
improssburr !

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
improssburr !
legendary
Calling all cars Smiley

Would everyone reading this please put in a support request asking about POT on cryptsy? Since they are taking their sweet time maybe we need to goose them a bit.
Thank you for your post! I don't know the folks at Bittrex but at Cryptsy, over time, I've noticed that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. -M
legendary
Take a look at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/pot/#!overview

Seems like we are getting closer to 40 seconds blocks lately?

Yeah, I have 400 or so addresses now churning away Smiley
Considering adding a few more.
legendary
Activity: 1270
Take a look at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/pot/#!overview

Seems like we are getting closer to 40 seconds blocks lately?
legendary
who cares who gave birth to potcoin as long as she has a roof over her head, gets fed daily and has lots of friends.  Smiley

Potcoin is based on bitcoin. It shares more code than not. Reason why I asked which version it was based on (I was being lazy) was to determine the correct dependencies to compile Potcoin POSv (for Windows..I already released the unix version) with a lower nStakeCombineThreshold.

Sorry it got off topic with someone saying it is not based on bitcoin. Since it is based on an older version of bitcoin I have to do additional work. Also, sorry it is going so slow but I am doing this in my spare time.

I was thinking of having various versions with different nStakeCombineThreshold values so we can determine the best number to use before I submit a pull request to the main code. Right now I am leaning towards 20K.

To give the network a good hard nudge I would say 5k as a first #. My 100k wallet would be split into 20 and my 21k into 4, that would be 24+ additional blocks driving the network and the difficulty.

Please don't apologize for doing something in your spare time, you weren't contracted to do this, so whenever you get it done, sweet.
Post your potcoin address and I will toss some in your hat.
legendary
Activity: 1270
who cares who gave birth to potcoin as long as she has a roof over her head, gets fed daily and has lots of friends.  Smiley

Potcoin is based on bitcoin. It shares more code than not. Reason why I asked which version it was based on (I was being lazy) was to determine the correct dependencies to compile Potcoin POSv (for Windows..I already released the unix version) with a lower nStakeCombineThreshold.

Sorry it got off topic with someone saying it is not based on bitcoin. Since it is based on an older version of bitcoin I have to do additional work. Also, sorry it is going so slow but I am doing this in my spare time.

I was thinking of having various versions with different nStakeCombineThreshold values so we can determine the best number to use before I submit a pull request to the main code. Right now I am leaning towards 20K.
legendary
Calling all cars Smiley

Would everyone reading this please put in a support request asking about POT on cryptsy? Since they are taking their sweet time maybe we need to goose them a bit.
Sure wish I could stake - My coins are at Bittrex and Cryptsy - I bought them to stake - no steak, hungry, just waiting...Arg! -M

legendary
So has this been decided as fact? ( The min coin age for staking is 8hours ) ?

I am still not 100% sure, but it should be 8 hours worth of blocks. It should be 720 confirmations before its mature enough to stake again.
legendary
who cares who gave birth to potcoin as long as she has a roof over her head, gets fed daily and has lots of friends.  Smiley

Why did this remind of a tamagotchi? Does this mean I am getting old? Smiley
So has this been decided as fact? ( The min coin age for staking is 8hours ) ?
who cares who gave birth to potcoin as long as she has a roof over her head, gets fed daily and has lots of friends.  Smiley
legendary
What version of Bitcoin is Potcoin based on? 0.9.4? 0.8.6?
I know it's not 10+

(going to try and compile for Windows)

Edit: Looks like 0.8.6 based on syntax "mingw32-make -f makefile.mingw" command to compile  Cry

Potcoin is not based on Bitcoin. Potcoin was originally a litecoin fork and now with POSV I think it's considered a reddcoin fork

ps the current version of Potcoin is v0.8.7.2-g353b9a5-POSv always check www.potcoin.com for newest version

At this point, bitcoin, litecoin and reddcoin had a threeway and gave birth to potcoin posv Smiley

I'm not sure what part bitcoin really has played other then the actual idea of crypto I guess? Potcoin was a litecoin clone and now I'm pretty sure its a reddcoin clone, I guess a chunk of code could be from bitcoin since litecoin I'm sure cloned bitcoin in certain ways/

Bitcoin is the original. Litecoin was cloned and split off from BTC, LTC is the original Altcoin, the real OG Smiley.
Potcoin was cloned from Litecoin and the POSv2.0 was integrated from Reddcoin. Its more like a copy of a copy that had a transplant.
Well actually Litecoin was not really a clone because you are working with two very different hashing algorithms among many other differences, like I said Bitcoin was more the inspiration I guess you could say with a few chunks of code here or there.

Ps. Ive been around since the penny bitcoin days so don't have to explain to much Tongue

Some clarification for those just tuning in.
Litecoin was forked from bitcoin and the gui, hash algo and block times were changed, but it was most definitely using the current BTC code, it wasn't inspired by and coded from scratch.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litecoin
Jump to: