Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 190. (Read 920105 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

Ok, so let's talk about the coin (which was invented in America by the way)...

Can we get a clear list of retailers who are using the coin?  How's that dispensary making out?  

Is there a website that is monitoring retailer adoption?  
(Can we see the change in retail establishments accepting the coin over time?)

bump
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Can we just agree this coin should be Top 10 on coinmarketcap and get there already Smiley
Activity: 616
(And yes, the FDA and all that is America is the "boomdiggity" those who disagree are simply jealous neysayers/foreigners).

That alone is all a sensible person needs to see in order to ignore everything else.

Roll Eyes

Ok, Viceroy.

+ Infinity.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.
Viceroy, call it quits, mate.  You made your point and said what you wanted to say.  Continuing with the libel is only making you look like a troll.

-Fuse

I'm not libeling anyone.  I'm stating clearly, and for the record, that people hawking CBD with no primary scientific basis to back up their claims are snake-oil-salespeople.  It's not libel/slander when it's a fact.

Besides, whiskey is medicine:  
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/during-prohibition-your-doctor-could-write-you-prescription-booze-180947940/

And a reality check for the rest:

Banking on a coin who allows (encourages?) snake oil salespeople will not end well for anyone.  (And yes, the FDA and all that is America is the "boomdiggity" those who disagree are simply jealous neysayers/foreigners).

###

Ok, so let's talk about the coin (which was invented in America by the way)...

Can we get a clear list of retailers who are using the coin?  How's that dispensary making out?  

Is there a website that is monitoring retailer adoption?  
(Can we see the change in retail establishments accepting the coin over time?)

Reality Check for some:

* America is not the world's Golden Standard for everything.

* The FDA is not the Golden Standard in the Westernized world, in fact most countries disagree sharply on several points of American medicine and medical views, especially their psychology

* The FDA has been known to approve known carcinogenic ingredients, and many EU standards are much more refined and safer than FDA's

* The FDA allows self-certification and only requires up to 90 days of statistical testing for most products which is, scientifically, very poor to determine long-term side effects (most consider 18-36 months better)

* Anyone believing the FDA is the bombdiggity is definitely smoking some good stuff

* Medicine =/= Herbal Remedy

* No 2 whiskies are the same, ergo 2 shots of whiskey =/= medicine in use (sidenote, is whiskey in the medicine manual?)

* Synthesized marijuana =/= marijuana

* 2 joints can be made within a tight yield, using scientific methods of growing and measuring the control groups. So if you really wanted to be anal, you could say 2 joints can be dosed the same.

* Medicinal dosage is typically based on weight, age and other factors, which is why it's prescribed by a doctor

* This is a Potcoin thread, if you have an issue with a vendor take it to PM

I'm potcoin longterm all these arguments and price drops mean I get more lol Kids will be kids.... Lets accumulate Smiley
Activity: 616
Reality Check for some:

* America is not the world's Golden Standard for everything.

* The FDA is not the Golden Standard in the Westernized world, in fact most countries disagree sharply on several points of American medicine and medical views, especially their psychology

* The FDA has been known to approve known carcinogenic ingredients, and many EU standards are much more refined and safer than FDA's

* The FDA allows self-certification and only requires up to 90 days of statistical testing for most products which is, scientifically, very poor to determine long-term side effects (most consider 18-36 months better)

* Anyone believing the FDA is the bombdiggity is definitely smoking some good stuff

* Medicine =/= Herbal Remedy

* No 2 whiskies are the same, ergo 2 shots of whiskey =/= medicine in use (sidenote, is whiskey in the medicine manual?)

* Synthesized marijuana =/= marijuana

* 2 joints can be made within a tight yield, using scientific methods of growing and measuring the control groups. So if you really wanted to be anal, you could say 2 joints can be dosed the same.

* Medicinal dosage is typically based on weight, age and other factors, which is why it's prescribed by a doctor

* This is a Potcoin thread, if you have an issue with a vendor take it to PM
Activity: 308
Merit: 253
legendary
HODL for life.
Viceroy, call it quits, mate.  You made your point and said what you wanted to say.  Continuing with the libel is only making you look like a troll.

-Fuse
" Milk Mane Supply gets its CBD oils straight from the manufacturer. "

Who's the supplier so we can check your facts?
Where are the test results?  What lab tested it?
Where is the patent info?

You can try to hide behind a text wall but unless you deal with the issues above you are nothing more than a snake oil salesman.  (By the way, pointing to a patent that you can't read and don't understand and you didn't author doesn't help your point.  You don't understand what medicine is if you think your non-standardized substance is medicine.  If it were medicine why doesn't your website discuss the uses and dosage)?

>You, Viceroy, seem to have some personal Vendetta against myself and CBD
You, apparently, cannot read or you cannot comprehend what you read.  I am the biggest advocate for pot you will ever meet.  But you, sir, are a snake oil salesman. Dr Snarlpill.

Methinks Y'all need some college edumacation and lessons in critical thinking.
Why someone hating potcoin we have been doing so good... such momentum why must we stop!
Activity: 910
Merit: 530
$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP
Read through all of this and I would need some "FDA-approved prescription headache medication" (Viceroy-approved) to deal with replying to each point. Thanks to- ny2cafuse for providing a rational voice of reason when responding.

I am not employed by Milk Mane Supply, but it is a close friend's business. I do all the web dev. work and I pushed for the ability to buy with BTC, and I handle those transactions.

I, personally, do not consider the FDA's word as golden and an end-all-authoritative voice. I think a lot of money exchanges hands at high levels among Big Pharma companies and people in positions of power who can be manipulated.  There have been Plenty of instances where they have allowed things they shouldn't have. If you want these instances, which I feel like you will, I will find them again for you.

It saddens me that you do not consider marijuana to be any form of medicine, and your standards of medicine, as pointed out by ny2cafuse, are flawed. People used alternative and natural forms of medicine for eons before the FDA approved some pills that were the only solution.
However, I Never stated that Milk Mane Supply's CBD oils were a medicine, or made statements promising health improvement. And point out to me where I said CBD was some sort of miracle cure? Although CBD Certainly has medicinal qualities. And ALL of the positive effects that CBD has that I said have been Proven, HAVE been Proven. And since you seem so keen on pointing at US Govt. departments and statistics as proven and undisputed facts, you might be interested to know that the US Govt. owns Patent No. U.S. 6,630,507 B1, a patent for medicinal uses of CBD, which states, among other things:
Claim #1: A method of treating diseases caused by oxidative stress, comprising administering a therapeutically effective amount of a cannabinoid to a subject who has a disease caused by oxidative stress.

Claim #15: A method of treating an ischemic or neurodegenerative disease in the central nervous system of a subject, comprising administering to the subject a therapeutically effective amount of a cannabinoid.

Claim #24: (A method of treating) wherein the ischemic or neurodegenerative disease is an ischemic infarct, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and human immunodeficiency virus dementia, Down's syndrome, or heard disease.

And YES, all of the CBD oils offered by Milk Mane Supply DO contain 30 mg of CBD by-volume. This is measured during production. Milk Mane Supply gets its CBD oils straight from the manufacturer. I am almost positive that they do hold a patent for the new production method of isolation of the CBD without THC. They also have a great legal team, and if you are insisting on settling legal details, I can probably get their contact info. and I'm sure they would be happy answer your questions for you.

Also, THC-free CBD oils are very helpful to people that are THC sensitive, or do not like the accompanying "stoned" feeling of medicines containing THC. And, as ny2cafuse pointed out, there have been many doctors that have found non-THC CBD oils an effective medicine when treating children.

You, Viceroy, seem to have some personal Vendetta against myself and CBD, or perhaps You have been ripped off by some shyster regarding CBD before.
You also seem like somewhat of a troll. I am very busy with web development projects and many other side-projects. I just came here to let the BTC community (and the Potcoin community) know that they were able to buy Milk Mane Supply products with BTC. I do not have time to argue and/or respond to your 10 attacks individually.

Everybody else, feel free to check out our products and use your BTC (and possibly Potcoin) to make a purchase, if you would like. Happy 4th of July to all the American peeps out there.

snarlpill
legendary
HODL for life.
Ok, now you're back to being lost.  The FDA is the lead authority in the free world on this subject.  If you live in the western world then what I said applies.  

Witch-doctors are not doctors and the "drugs and snake oil" they use are not medicine.  Don't defend snake oil salespersons, they are out to make a buck at the expense of good people's well being.

I'm not lost, mate.  You're logic is just too close minded for me.

Why is the FDA the lead authority in the free world?  Because the US says it is?  Why do you think that is?  Because companies like Monsanto and Wellbutrin pay them enough to say so.  There are plenty of cases where the FDA turned the other cheek because they just couldn't be bothered to do the right thing.(One case in point: http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidmaris/2012/10/10/fda-recall-points-to-serious-problems-at-the-fda/)  How can you blindly trust any institution that can be so easily corrupted?

The fact that almost all the recent mass shootings and attacks in the US have been perpetrated by individuals who were on prescription medications proves my point.  Obviously this medication doesn't work.  They were approved by the FDA.  Most of the medications these people were on have side effects including depression, thoughts of suicide or harming others, and even death.  When is the last time you heard of someone dying from St. Johns wort, or even going on a killing spree because of the severely altered state of mind it put them in?  Clinical studies have proven it to be effective in treating depression.  I'm guessing you're going to say it isn't medicinal though.

Again... just because something isn't in the only book you consider correct, it doesn't mean it isn't medicine.  Or maybe you're just arguing the exact meaning, in which you're still not correct.  As medicine covers a broad range of practices.  Not just what's in your book.

On that, I'm done.  There is no point debating this in this thread anymore.  I apologize to the community for bringing my beliefs into discussion on something a little off topic of the OP.  A page of Viceroy and I arguing over this isn't what this thread needs.

-Fuse
Yep, you've got it.  It's not just me though... it's the entire medical community.   In the US we don't accept "herbal remedies" or any other non-standardized, non-tested substance to be doled out in little pill bottles.  And yes, when weed's components are synthesized and standardized it might become medicine.  (All medicines are listed in the Physicians Desk Reference.  If it ain't in there, it ain't medicine).

You do realize that the US isn't the only country in the world right?  Dismissing every other country's culture and history in medicine because it doesn't follow the standards of our broken healthcare system is obtuse at best.  I keep a copy of both the Merck Manual and the Physician's Desk Reference on the shelf for reference.  But I also keep books on herbal and non-traditional medicine.  There are times when both are mutually beneficial.  It doesn't always have to be black and white with medicine.

This might come as a shock to you, but people having been using alternative forms of medicine since the birth of mankind itself.  If early man was told they could heal their wounds with herbs because it wasn't in the Physician's Desk Reference, you and I wouldn't be here today, mate.

-Fuse

Ok, now you're back to being lost.  The FDA is the lead authority in the free world on this subject.  If you live in the western world then what I said applies. 

Witch-doctors are not doctors and the "drugs and snake oil" they use are not medicine.  Don't defend snake oil salespersons, they are out to make a buck at the expense of good people's well being.
legendary
HODL for life.
Yep, you've got it.  It's not just me though... it's the entire medical community.   In the US we don't accept "herbal remedies" or any other non-standardized, non-tested substance to be doled out in little pill bottles.  And yes, when weed's components are synthesized and standardized it might become medicine.  (All medicines are listed in the Physicians Desk Reference.  If it ain't in there, it ain't medicine).

You do realize that the US isn't the only country in the world right?  Dismissing every other country's culture and history in medicine because it doesn't follow the standards of our broken healthcare system is obtuse at best.  I keep a copy of both the Merck Manual and the Physician's Desk Reference on the shelf for reference.  But I also keep books on herbal and non-traditional medicine.  There are times when both are mutually beneficial.  It doesn't always have to be black and white with medicine.

This might come as a shock to you, but people having been using alternative forms of medicine since the birth of mankind itself.  If early man was told they could heal their wounds with herbs because it wasn't in the Physician's Desk Reference, you and I wouldn't be here today, mate.

-Fuse
I'm starting to wonder if you just have some personal vendetta against MMJ.  Two shots of whiskey is medicine, but a joint isn't?  I don't see the rationale behind that.

Two shots of whiskey, while not prescribed by modern doctors, is a measurable (titratable) amount of medicine and it has a specific effect in any who take such medicine.

A joint, for all the reason's I've laid out, is not medicine.  It is not measurable, it has an inconsistent effect based on a number of things.  Even the same strain will not have the same effect from patient to patient.

I am differentiating between eastern and western "medicine".  As I pointed out the Chinese call rhino horn medicine, we in the west do not because it has not been tested to do what it is alleged to do.

So you're objections is with the fact that the amounts of CBD, THC, whatever, is not measurable from dose to dose?  So if labs tested and measured these levels, so a consistent dosage could be derived, sans synthesis, you'd be ok with it?

And why is medicine not medicine, wherever it is?  Are you saying that the only medicine that can be called medicine are those that are approved by our government?  A government with insurance and RX industries being the top two lobbying parties in terms of money spent per year?  I'm sure you'd understand why I'm not alway seeing eye to eye with our government "medicine" standards.

-Fuse

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
If you are searching for a profitable multipool you have to visit chunkypools.com

I would like to congratulate Potcoin for burying that sad shitbox dopecoin in the MJ coin competition.

Haha agreed no doubt who controls this space Wink
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
I would like to congratulate Potcoin for burying that sad shitbox dopecoin in the MJ coin competition.
legendary
HODL for life.
I'm starting to wonder if you just have some personal vendetta against MMJ.  Two shots of whiskey is medicine, but a joint isn't?  I don't see the rationale behind that.

Two shots of whiskey, while not prescribed by modern doctors, is a measurable (titratable) amount of medicine and it has a specific effect in any who take such medicine.

A joint, for all the reason's I've laid out, is not medicine.  It is not measurable, it has an inconsistent effect based on a number of things.  Even the same strain will not have the same effect from patient to patient.

I am differentiating between eastern and western "medicine".  As I pointed out the Chinese call rhino horn medicine, we in the west do not because it has not been tested to do what it is alleged to do.

So you're objections is with the fact that the amounts of CBD, THC, whatever, is not measurable from dose to dose?  So if labs tested and measured these levels, so a consistent dosage could be derived, sans synthesis, you'd be ok with it?

And why is medicine not medicine, wherever it is?  Are you saying that the only medicine that can be called medicine are those that are approved by our government?  A government with insurance and RX industries being the top two lobbying parties in terms of money spent per year?  I'm sure you'd understand why I'm not alway seeing eye to eye with our government "medicine" standards.

-Fuse
Jump to: