Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 232. (Read 920105 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Activity: 658
Merit: 504
It also doesn't make sense because pot hasnt been the most profitable for awhile, so why would an ass ton of miners on a multi just switch?

9hcJyBQshLZsxAuC7z2QEhdGdvaXLbXmHC
This appears to be the Potcoin address the coins were mined to. I assume the one the dev means to look in to.
Unfortunately the block explorer won't open the list of transactions  Undecided

Starting with this block (the odd block) you can step through and see after a few blocks to different addresses, every single one gets mined to this address
http://potchain.aprikos.net/block/d966b233c8cef71fa650d7947bcc68ec5ba191abe3f6c1836b8c12fc5b21a9c3
Activity: 140
something is not right
leetpools: Est. Shares   12061 (done: 17110.75%)
before was wiped and now shows : 123.51%
last block found: 197672
current block: 197768

Difficulty   414.66571097
Est Next Difficulty   47.85865524 (Change in 75 Blocks)
Est. Avg. Time per Block   346.58 seconds
Current Block   197768

i did message leetpools and ask them to upgrade to kgw but they never fixed it yet or responded back
Can someone tell leetpools also to upgrade their clients to kgw implementation as I did but maybe they need more than one voice. Thx
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
It also doesn't make sense because pot hasnt been the most profitable for awhile, so why would an ass ton of miners on a multi just switch?
I'm on the current version... There's an ongoing attack or chain takeover, it's been occuring for almost 24 hours on and off. I noticed it lastnight around 1am EST.

In fact several folks I've talked to are on the current version. That won't help.

Update: My server just got on the "current"(?) chain. Well over 100 blocks have been mined, difficulty is sky high. I don't think this is just a multipool, unless they have almost 10GH.

Another update: Network looks frozen again. You might need to face that you're under attack.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
My personal opinion with no substantiated evidence is that there is still a gaping hole in KGW... and if there is a KGW exploit still open and it was coordinated with a wallet port DDOS... well... it may look something like the current POT blockchain.
Activity: 335
Merit: 251
ISSUES WITH BEING STUCK ON BLOCK 197672

we got hit by 45GH

The potcoin network was hit with with a big giant private NETWORK -  20 blocks where found in under 1 min -  the KGW kicked in and they jumped off.

PLS PLS EVERYONE CHECK YOUR VERSIONS AND UPDATE TO THE LATEST PATCHED VERSION WITH KGW.

Potcoin network had to wait the time it would take to solve those blocks  then everything resumed back to normal.

we will be investing who is doing this and the address of the private pool that came and solved those 20 blocks in 1 min.

WE WILL  ISSUE A NEW PATCH IN THE NEXT 1-2 MONTHS FIXING THIS AND ALSO MAKING THE CHANGES FOR HALVING THE BLOCK.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE NEWS>

Someone is privately mining the proper chain, and/or something is simply broken in the network, as far as my limited understanding can discern. Few of the pools are on the right height, most are way off, but no orphans are showing up. Nethash according to my daemons is showing around 1.75 constant. Even the largest pools (1gh, multi-hundred-mh) were off.

Something is certainly amiss.

I'm wondering if a private pool unknowingly forked the coin at block 197673 and the rest of the pools are on separate chains trying to confirm it.

Scryptominers recently went down and they held a lot of hash power for the Potcoin network...people needed a new place to turn their miners.
Activity: 154
Something is definitely wrong and has been like that since around 11:30am BST.

I'm closing our POT pool down till I get confirmation that its fixed.

There was a difficulty issue earlier where our difficulty jumped to around 110 and I noticed on another pool at the same time their difficulty went to 1 something

And guess what, its happening again but this time we got the difficulty of 1 something and even 0 something.

I bet there is a pool somewhere where their difficulty has just shot up for that same period.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/11h6xhy.jpg

EDIT: Leetpools just jumped to 400+ diff:

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2ur012f.jpg
Someone is privately mining the proper chain, and/or something is simply broken in the network, as far as my limited understanding can discern. Few of the pools are on the right height, most are way off, but no orphans are showing up. Nethash according to my daemons is showing around 1.75 constant. Even the largest pools (1gh, multi-hundred-mh) were off.

Something is certainly amiss.
Yeah, I've officially notified my private pool people to move to one of our other servers. I've moved my farm off of pot. There's clearly network manipulation going on, and/or something is broken in the network.

Unofficial warning: As of this second, if you're hashing pot, you're burning electricity for nothing. The Devs need to look into this and act fast.

has your pools updated their potcoin.d for KGW ??  if not your on the wrong chain

I will confirm that the PotCoin network is stalled and there are several forks... I am running that latest wallet... 'v0.8.6.3-beta'... I cannot get past block #197672 for the past few hours... I am running the newest Windows compile that can be downloaded from the PotCoin web-site.

Cgminer is reporting a the difficulty of the current block at 15,800... there have been dozens of blocks solved at 5 second intervals as far back I can see in the log leading up to block #197672... there have been huge diffculty swings in the past 24 hours.

The blockchain has been compromised.

Would this imply that the now correct chain is being mined by a private person/pool? And is far ahead of us? I find it hard to believe that everybody all of a sudden stopped finding blocks.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
Yeah, I've officially notified my private pool people to move to one of our other servers. I've moved my farm off of pot. There's clearly network manipulation going on, and/or something is broken in the network.

Unofficial warning: As of this second, if you're hashing pot, you're burning electricity for nothing. The Devs need to look into this and act fast.

has your pools updated their potcoin.d for KGW ??  if not your on the wrong chain

I will confirm that the PotCoin network is stalled and there are several forks... I am running that latest wallet... 'v0.8.6.3-beta'... I cannot get past block #197672 for the past few hours... I am running the newest Windows compile that can be downloaded from the PotCoin web-site.

Cgminer is reporting a the difficulty of the current block at 15,800... there have been dozens of blocks solved at 5 second intervals as far back I can see in the log leading up to block #197672... there have been huge diffculty swings in the past 24 hours.

The blockchain has been compromised.
Activity: 407
Merit: 254
My wallets are current also.  I think vesperwillow is right.

I'm up to date, and I doubt all of the other pools have failed to do the same thing. Even the block explorer is behind. Every pool op I know mining this is up to date. There's something wrong with the network.

I just ran through about 60 pot pools. Almost none of them were on the same block, 3 or 4 pools were on 197672. Most others were between 197601-197656. The pool which supposedly found 197673 hasn't had a confirm for half an hour or more.

There's some private pools like mine out there, but it seems like the private hash makes up most of the network right now. Most of the public pools added up to maybe 500mh.

What's the weirdest thing, I didn't count any orphans among these active pools. Maybe 1 if I think hard.. how can all the pools be on different block heights with hardly any orphans? Maybe I'm missing something. Can the devs or folks with greater understanding than myself, explain this?

you guys need to contact you POOLS that need to update their potcoin.d   WE UPDATE AGAINST KGW.   EVERYONE

PLS LET EVERYONE KNOW WE  PATCHED THIS A MONTH AGO>>>

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST POTCOIN.D  from GITHUB

Activity: 407
Merit: 254
And now, neither of my POTcoin wallets will sync.  It's been over 2 hours now.
 Undecided

weird that my local p2pool node is still mining through it. Does that mean it's on an incorrect fork ?

Time to shut down & mine elsewhere for awhile until this gets sorted out.
I just ran through about 60 pot pools. Almost none of them were on the same block, 3 or 4 pools were on 197672. Most others were between 197601-197656. The pool which supposedly found 197673 hasn't had a confirm for half an hour or more.

There's some private pools like mine out there, but it seems like the private hash makes up most of the network right now. Most of the public pools added up to maybe 500mh.

What's the weirdest thing, I didn't count any orphans among these active pools. Maybe 1 if I think hard.. how can all the pools be on different block heights with hardly any orphans? Maybe I'm missing something. Can the devs or folks with greater understanding than myself, explain this?
Is anyone else noticing that block 197672 has been solved for awhile, but most pools are reporting they're still on it?

Further evidence someone is working on a chain. Not to panic anyone, but this is the 3rd bit of circumstantial evidence of the chain being tinkered with in the past 24 hours.

197672 found here: http://pot.minermob.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks

Should be on 197673, as of a few moments ago only 1 other pool out of about 20 is on that chain, most others are hashing against 197672 still. Something isn't right.
Jump to: