Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 231. (Read 920105 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I'll just post this here so if problems with kgw implementation is found it can be improved on here too. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/regarding-auroracoin-tw-exploit-fix-included-552895 <-- kgw last fix
Activity: 168
;P This is why I dont like normal Scrypt algo, the multi-pools can jump in at any moment and fork the network. . . very insecure, in a few months when all the big ASICS kick in, multipools will jump from coin to coin causing problems. . . Imagine when one person has 2 GH? jump from coin to coin to coin.  . . dump dump dump the majority of the "stable hash" that doesn't move around in scrypt is locked up in Doge and LTC, thats why scrypt works for them, N-Factor = Best, freaking resist Multi-Pools and dumpers due to setup time, only coins that wont be getting dumped on are asic resistant ones.
ISSUES WITH BEING STUCK ON BLOCK 197672

we got hit by 45GH

The potcoin network was hit with with a big giant private NETWORK -  20 blocks where found in under 1 min -  the KGW kicked in and they jumped off.

PLS PLS EVERYONE CHECK YOUR VERSIONS AND UPDATE TO THE LATEST PATCHED VERSION WITH KGW.

Potcoin network had to wait the time it would take to solve those blocks  then everything resumed back to normal.

we will be investing who is doing this and the address of the private pool that came and solved those 20 blocks in 1 min.

WE WILL  ISSUE A NEW PATCH IN THE NEXT 1-2 MONTHS FIXING THIS AND ALSO MAKING THE CHANGES FOR HALVING THE BLOCK.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE NEWS>

It also doesn't make sense because pot hasnt been the most profitable for awhile, so why would an ass ton of miners on a multi just switch?

9hcJyBQshLZsxAuC7z2QEhdGdvaXLbXmHC
This appears to be the Potcoin address the coins were mined to. I assume the one the dev means to look in to.
Unfortunately the block explorer won't open the list of transactions  Undecided

Starting with this block (the odd block) you can step through and see after a few blocks to different addresses, every single one gets mined to this address
http://potchain.aprikos.net/block/d966b233c8cef71fa650d7947bcc68ec5ba191abe3f6c1836b8c12fc5b21a9c3

care2explain?

for now it looks like an attack or a big farm jumping on and the KGW doesnt like that.

fwiw, i noticed that wafflepool had potcoin on their list of coins to mine within the last week, while the price of potcoin had spiked .. not sure if this is related to them mining the coin, but their multipool can be in the 40-45GH range easily

also,

we got hit by 45GH

ok so if wafflepool was on our coin earlier then that means this monster was on it...
asics are here folks, here is what we need to solve really, this problem
http://wafflepool.com/miner/14t8yB3PDGfZT3VppxMY4J9xiBaXUcZvKp
Hash Rate:23.51 GH/s (15min approximated)
=kdc mining potcoin
possibly screwing things up...
might explain problems and difficulty @ 414

dev didn't want to switch earlier but now as hopefully he can see the problem.....
or is it best to have one user having 23.51ghash of network?

So either kdc + waffle or since kdc has other miners but they are harder to find I can't pull stats up for them. It is though that they have the same amount of miners but hidden so they can't be as easily found. So say they make their own pool which may be why their unknown wallet was posted above and most of coins went there and it says "too much to list" or a variation of trans summary.

or/and?
Why on earth would you halve the rewards? Belay that and focus on security. Someone with either epic hashrate (more than all alt's combined) is toying with the coin, or it's someone attacking the network itself.

I am not sure who is doing this but its probably https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=504103.0He was set out to destroy aurora and he managed to time warp it initiating the need for a fix. I am assuming since this is the only individual set on this mission from before and successfully doing it, its him again.

ok so if wafflepool was on our coin earlier then that means this monster was on it...
asics are here folks, here is what we need to solve really, this problem
http://wafflepool.com/miner/14t8yB3PDGfZT3VppxMY4J9xiBaXUcZvKp
Hash Rate:23.51 GH/s (15min approximated)
=kdc mining potcoin
possibly screwing things up...
might explain problems and difficulty @ 414

dev didn't want to switch earlier but now as hopefully he can see the problem.....
or is it best to have one user having 23.51ghash of network?
My personal opinion with no substantiated evidence is that there is still a gaping hole in KGW... and if there is a KGW exploit still open and it was coordinated with a wallet port DDOS... well... it may look something like the current POT blockchain.

This is what I'm thinking too. If diff can be changed with every block then it becomes much more easy to own the network because the blocks found are valid.

Someone explain to me why these blocks shouldn't be invalid when they were found every 3 seconds with diff of 0?

fixed see bolded

No I had it right. I was more asking what safeguards are in place to prevent it. With the old school diff calculations (pre kgw) everyone could see that if the diff was that low before block X, then obviously they were invalid and should be dropped. Now someone with a bunch of hash (would they need all 51%?) Comes in and says...Look guys everyone stopped mining for about 3 hours but me... trust me because I say so and if you don't believe me I'll just try again in 1 second.

I'll admit I don't know everything about how kgw works so I'm hoping someone can educate me Smiley

kgw calculates difficulty supposably on fly. Put 1gh on coin=difficulty changes, pre-kgw it would take a while then kgw would kick in or whatever later = miners stuck mining tough blocks and original big miners leave, coming back when diff gets lower & repeat. I'm not saying its perfect but it works pretty well. If anyone knows difference with digishield vs kgw or ive seen some coins say tehy have both, would like to know differences/togetherness if would be more effective.
for now it looks like an attack or a big farm jumping on and the KGW doesnt like that.

fwiw, i noticed that wafflepool had potcoin on their list of coins to mine within the last week, while the price of potcoin had spiked .. not sure if this is related to them mining the coin, but their multipool can be in the 40-45GH range easily

also,

we got hit by 45GH

Thx, that meant that kdc miners were on our coin. I suspected this but didn't know for sure as I didn't check out waffle for a while. KDC mining with ppl's bought rigs and script asics converting to immediate btc.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
My personal opinion with no substantiated evidence is that there is still a gaping hole in KGW... and if there is a KGW exploit still open and it was coordinated with a wallet port DDOS... well... it may look something like the current POT blockchain.

This is what I'm thinking too. If diff can be changed with every block then it becomes much more easy to own the network because the blocks found are valid.

Someone explain to me why these blocks shouldn't be invalid when they were found every 3 seconds with diff of 0?

fixed see bolded

No I had it right. I was more asking what safeguards are in place to prevent it. With the old school diff calculations (pre kgw) everyone could see that if the diff was that low before block X, then obviously they were invalid and should be dropped. Now someone with a bunch of hash (would they need all 51%?) Comes in and says...Look guys everyone stopped mining for about 3 hours but me... trust me because I say so and if you don't believe me I'll just try again in 1 second.

I'll admit I don't know everything about how kgw works so I'm hoping someone can educate me Smiley
Activity: 12
Merit: 0

also,

we got hit by 45GH

fixed see bolded
Why on earth would you halve the rewards? Belay that and focus on security. Someone with either epic hashrate (more than all alt's combined) is toying with the coin, or it's someone attacking the network itself.

I am not sure who is doing this but its probably https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=504103.0He was set out to destroy aurora and he managed to time warp it initiating the need for a fix. I am assuming since this is the only individual set on this mission from before and successfully doing it, its him again.
Activity: 658
Merit: 504

I agree...halving the rewards could cripple the coin.

The miners who stuck around all of a sudden get half the reward they are used to while the potential attacker walks away with a nice big sum of coins. And nothing to stop him from doing it again.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
we are doing a full investigation.

we have a plan and executing it.

we will also update clients again and halve the rewards and fix any issues.

we will let everyone know once we have more info.

we are patched the same as auroracoin

Halving the rewards... what is the details... thanks!!!
Activity: 335
Merit: 251
we are doing a full investigation.

we have a plan and executing it.

we will also update clients again and halve the rewards and fix any issues.

we will let everyone know once we have more info.

we are patched the same as auroracoin
Activity: 119

Someone explain to me why these blocks should be invalid when they were found every 3 seconds with diff of 0?
Activity: 60
This may be nothing more than old fashioned 51% attack... I am having blocks disappearing from my wallet... blocks with many confirmations... mined hours ago.

If there is a private conglomerate with enough hash-power to take the network difficulty from the 30's into the 100's... 500 plus... that is more than enough hash-rate to launch a 51% attack.

The POT dev team better get to bottom of this real quick as this will completely unravel any credibility that POT may have as a usable currency.
they are all working on it.  check out twitter #potcoin  it seems like it was an attack. 
Activity: 658
Merit: 504
This may be nothing more than old fashioned 51% attack... I am having blocks disappearing from my wallet... blocks with many confirmations... mined hours ago.

If there is a private conglomerate with enough hash-power to take the network difficulty from the 30's into the 100's... 500 plus... that is more than enough hash-rate to launch a 51% attack.

The POT dev team better get to bottom of this real quick as this will completely unravel any credibility that POT may have as a usable currency.

Yeah that's what I was talking about earlier today...we need to start worrying when confirmed blocks go missing.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Activity: 407
Merit: 254
sounds a bit like the NSA knowing about things like the heartbleed vulnerability, but not telling even american companies about it because they wanted to exploit it themselves.
Activity: 154
ISSUES WITH BEING STUCK ON BLOCK 197672

The potcoin network was hit with with a big giant private NETWORK -  20 blocks where found in under 1 min -  the KGW kicked in and they jumped off.

PLS PLS EVERYONE CHECK YOUR VERSIONS AND UPDATE TO THE LATEST PATCHED VERSION WITH KGW.

Potcoin network had to wait the time it would take to solve those blocks  then everything resumed back to normal.

we will be investing who is doing this and the address of the private pool that came and solved those 20 blocks in 1 min.

WE WILL  ISSUE A NEW PATCH IN THE NEXT 1-2 MONTHS FIXING THIS AND ALSO MAKING THE CHANGES FOR HALVING THE BLOCK.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE NEWS>

New patch takes 1-2 months? Sad
Jump to: