Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 230. (Read 920105 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I don't want to think but its a possibility that whoever loves dope and there are some real bad dopeheads could have messed w/ out coin...
As this issue is being investigated into potcoin, we have temporarily moved our potcoin hashers over to whitecoin to ensure profitable payouts.

We stand with potcoin and offer our support. Anything we can do just name it. As soon as reliable blocks can be mined on potcoin we will return. 
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Yes, we need to give whoever solves this impossible block a serious finders bonus!
colsole difficulty 760million
official difficulty 15.91
blocks not getting solved?
I checked multiple pools, same 760million difficulty in console
I been mining this block for at least 2 hrs I can see, still not cracked it
Why is console difficulty at 760 million but official difficulty on pools show
 Network Information
Difficulty   15.91486754 ?
I though difficutly the other day when official said 418 was bad but console said something like 1.g but this is nowhere near 414 and we already have it shows difficulty in console almost half a g. so ?
Activity: 507
Block is stuck at 199989.

http://potchain.aprikos.net/chain/Potcoin

What the hell is going on?

That is a great question. I can confirm that pot.leetpools.com along with all the other pools I checked are on the same mark. We just did some tests, its not the pools, its the network. Hang tough, hopefully we will break this block soon.
Activity: 196
Activity: 196
I was looking into the log to see if I could figure out why this block I'm on is taking so long, and it looks like I'm getting some getblocks spam. I did a quick search, and it looks like this may be a possible exploit as well, as it's documented on Dogecoin's github issue page.

My log is showing something very similar to this: https://github.com/dogecoin/dogecoin/issues/476

It's just repeating itself over and over. It's not dumping the normal output from a healthy coin daemon.
Activity: 161
the key to get more people interested in Potcoin is responding thur-out the day and keeping this thread on page 1 or 2.

found potcoin on page 7 today.

whats the trick to keep us on page 1:?  lets just get this done always

Lol every post someone makes moves it to the top, so posting would be the answer ;p lol Just giving you a hard time, I love the coin and
am mining away.

Also a big F you to whoever dumped on bittrex down to 501 lol..I bought it back up to 2490...not gonna happen on my watch! xD
Activity: 335
Merit: 251
we still have some more time to vote for us on coinpayments!   vote here please! https://www.coinpayments.net/vote

tip bots are on reddit and twitter! free pot for voting

https://www.coinpayments.net/vote-results

we can do this guys!! its important so we can do lots of great things with the tools they offer.  converting potcoins to cash or cash to potcoins in real time etc.

we can help merchants and people get access to coins easier.

thanks
Activity: 335
Merit: 251
the key to get more people interested in Potcoin is responding thur-out the day and keeping this thread on page 1 or 2.

whats the trick to keep us on page 1:?  lets just get this done always
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Activity: 119
Merit: 10
My personal opinion with no substantiated evidence is that there is still a gaping hole in KGW... and if there is a KGW exploit still open and it was coordinated with a wallet port DDOS... well... it may look something like the current POT blockchain.

This is what I'm thinking too. If diff can be changed with every block then it becomes much more easy to own the network because the blocks found are valid.

Someone explain to me why these blocks shouldn't be invalid when they were found every 3 seconds with diff of 0?

fixed see bolded

No I had it right. I was more asking what safeguards are in place to prevent it. With the old school diff calculations (pre kgw) everyone could see that if the diff was that low before block X, then obviously they were invalid and should be dropped. Now someone with a bunch of hash (would they need all 51%?) Comes in and says...Look guys everyone stopped mining for about 3 hours but me... trust me because I say so and if you don't believe me I'll just try again in 1 second.

I'll admit I don't know everything about how kgw works so I'm hoping someone can educate me Smiley

kgw calculates difficulty supposably on fly. Put 1gh on coin=difficulty changes, pre-kgw it would take a while then kgw would kick in or whatever later = miners stuck mining tough blocks and original big miners leave, coming back when diff gets lower & repeat. I'm not saying its perfect but it works pretty well. If anyone knows difference with digishield vs kgw or ive seen some coins say tehy have both, would like to know differences/togetherness if would be more effective.

I understand how it works from a 10,000ft view. I'm hoping someone can give me the pseudo code on it? Smiley

I'll look for a KGW thread.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Also, there needs to be more info on how the 4/20 stuff went down. Everyone was looking to this for months.. and now silence. Not cool at all.

In case people here missed it (I've not shared it here as I am only really a lurker in these parts), I did a 50 minute interview with PotCoin developer Smokemon514 after 4/20 to recap some of what went down in Denver: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mpVNzbSqoM
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
People need to stop with the childish understanding of crypto, talking about changing block sizes and changing algo. What do you guys think happened to bitcoin when ASICs started coming around? The same thing. There were TONS of pools even a year ago, not as many now. You have to let the evolution take place. The chain will continue, it just may not favor a small pool per-se. Bitcoin forked several times, and look where it's at now.

ASIC = security. You shouldn't question this either because you're seeing the results of a coin which currently ISN'T supported by ASIC right now. If you want your coin to be taken seriously, you leave the architecture where it's at and simply let the chain mature.

No algo is ASIC proof, it may only be resistant for a period of time. I can tell you that there are 2 major companies developing multi-algo ASIC. What are you going to do when all the algo's are ASIC? Drop this type of talk. Keep it scrypt, keep the rewards where they're at, and have your pool operators do something to attract more attention.

I could point you to 5..10...20 coins which all changed algo and reward because of this fear. They're dead now. If anything needs tweaking, it would be the difficulty algo. Adjust KGW to not allow serial blocks far under coin spec, or maybe look into darkwave algo?

If your coin has a tangible real-world use, nothing will stop its movement, its use or prevent its value from rising.

Until potcoin is a common household name, you won't see this level of adoption, so you need to strap in for the long haul. Also, there needs to be more info on how the 4/20 stuff went down. Everyone was looking to this for months.. and now silence. Not cool at all.
Activity: 112
also im gonna keep asking because it was so pumped up! WHAT happened over 4/20?Huh?? atleast a "we have news, sit tight" would be nice! Iv read more about potcoin 4/20 on the dope thread than here.
Activity: 112
;P This is why I dont like normal Scrypt algo, the multi-pools can jump in at any moment and fork the network. . . very insecure, in a few months when all the big ASICS kick in, multipools will jump from coin to coin causing problems. . . Imagine when one person has 2 GH? jump from coin to coin to coin.  . . dump dump dump the majority of the "stable hash" that doesn't move around in scrypt is locked up in Doge and LTC, thats why scrypt works for them, N-Factor = Best, freaking resist Multi-Pools and dumpers due to setup time, only coins that wont be getting dumped on are asic resistant ones.

In order for a coin to get used, it has to be available to the masses. With 6 BILLION+ people in the world, at bitcoins 21 million coins, it already creates scarcity. That can be said for any coin if the real plan for the end game is world wide adoption. The figures on a lot of these coins are pretty low, although there are a few that try to sort this out. They usually liquidate the market and the coins become worth nothing because everyone day trades everything into oblivion. The problem isn't asics, or dumping, it is that these coins are all WORTHLESS. If people pulled their heads from their asses and stopped to think, actually think about what gives money value, it isn't all prospecting and dreams. It is utility. Money is just a tool. Money is only valuable because you can exchange it for goods and services. To quote lamb of god, money is the excrement of labor. It is a byproduct of the shit we do. Now if someone spends 10k dollars on a rig to mine coins, in my mind, that adds some value to the coins. How ever many coins he mines with that rig is more or less equivalent to the 10k he spent on it. That is iff, others are willing to buy the coins and see utility in them.

Just because i love dog shit and collect baggies of it because i think it is beautiful, doesn't mean i am going to convince many others dog shit is beautiful and it would help them in their lives. That is how i feel about most of these coins, baggies of dog shit. I roll with potcoin because at least they have some plans and ideas and seem to be actualizing upon them.

Tons of coins have ideas and can tell you where they plan to be. How many are actually doing things to get there? Out of all the coins that are out there?

Isn't KGW working as intended? The network gets hit with huge hash and the well increases difficulty to counter the hash and maintain the same flow of coins. Then when it leaves it takes a while to find the next block, and after that is found the difficulty should jump down. Which seems to be what happened?

Bottom line, all the people crying about asics are the people who dreamed of getting rich off this shit. Now they are slowly losing grip on what seemed right within grasp. Never really was, but they are dreamers. They are the ones who haven't made enough money yet to buy the ascis and are upset they missed the train. The more money that gets dumped into the crypto game, the more than value of all the coins rise. It is simple. The weak coins get chewed up and destroyed, only the strong survive. This is the fun of investing, it is like gambling in which you expect to win. Gambling all the same. Risk and reward. Tough titties, people must not have heard that expression much before getting wrapped up in this crap. Life is never fair, and it isn't easy.

If asics are a death sentence, wtf is btc still doing around? Or any sha coin for that matter..  Roll Eyes

well said sir well said! I too collect dog shit in little baggies! Cheesy glad i'm not alone
Activity: 767
;P This is why I dont like normal Scrypt algo, the multi-pools can jump in at any moment and fork the network. . . very insecure, in a few months when all the big ASICS kick in, multipools will jump from coin to coin causing problems. . . Imagine when one person has 2 GH? jump from coin to coin to coin.  . . dump dump dump the majority of the "stable hash" that doesn't move around in scrypt is locked up in Doge and LTC, thats why scrypt works for them, N-Factor = Best, freaking resist Multi-Pools and dumpers due to setup time, only coins that wont be getting dumped on are asic resistant ones.

In order for a coin to get used, it has to be available to the masses. With 6 BILLION+ people in the world, at bitcoins 21 million coins, it already creates scarcity. That can be said for any coin if the real plan for the end game is world wide adoption. The figures on a lot of these coins are pretty low, although there are a few that try to sort this out. They usually liquidate the market and the coins become worth nothing because everyone day trades everything into oblivion. The problem isn't asics, or dumping, it is that these coins are all WORTHLESS. If people pulled their heads from their asses and stopped to think, actually think about what gives money value, it isn't all prospecting and dreams. It is utility. Money is just a tool. Money is only valuable because you can exchange it for goods and services. To quote lamb of god, money is the excrement of labor. It is a byproduct of the shit we do. Now if someone spends 10k dollars on a rig to mine coins, in my mind, that adds some value to the coins. How ever many coins he mines with that rig is more or less equivalent to the 10k he spent on it. That is iff, others are willing to buy the coins and see utility in them.

Just because i love dog shit and collect baggies of it because i think it is beautiful, doesn't mean i am going to convince many others dog shit is beautiful and it would help them in their lives. That is how i feel about most of these coins, baggies of dog shit. I roll with potcoin because at least they have some plans and ideas and seem to be actualizing upon them.

Tons of coins have ideas and can tell you where they plan to be. How many are actually doing things to get there? Out of all the coins that are out there?

Isn't KGW working as intended? The network gets hit with huge hash and the well increases difficulty to counter the hash and maintain the same flow of coins. Then when it leaves it takes a while to find the next block, and after that is found the difficulty should jump down. Which seems to be what happened?

Bottom line, all the people crying about asics are the people who dreamed of getting rich off this shit. Now they are slowly losing grip on what seemed right within grasp. Never really was, but they are dreamers. They are the ones who haven't made enough money yet to buy the ascis and are upset they missed the train. The more money that gets dumped into the crypto game, the more than value of all the coins rise. It is simple. The weak coins get chewed up and destroyed, only the strong survive. This is the fun of investing, it is like gambling in which you expect to win. Gambling all the same. Risk and reward. Tough titties, people must not have heard that expression much before getting wrapped up in this crap. Life is never fair, and it isn't easy.

If asics are a death sentence, wtf is btc still doing around? Or any sha coin for that matter..  Roll Eyes
Activity: 658
Merit: 504

You really don't get it. There are still a lot more GPUs mining than asics. And as more asics hit the market they are just replacing the GPU miners. Nobody is going out and buying GPUs to mine anymore. It happened a year ago with Bitcoin...or were you not paying attention?

ASICs did wonders for the bitcoin network. It silenced everybody who thought ASICs were bad. The only people still screaming about them are the fools who think they are somehow entitled to make a bunch of money because they have a few GPUs running in their basement.

ASICs are coming. Get over it.
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
I'm on a multipool that has hit POT in the last hour, hashco.ws. I'm new to multipools but want to try it out for a while. This pool has the option of keeping the coins that are hit at least, but yes, it's only going to get worse for coins that stick with scrypt.
Jump to: