Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency - page 75. (Read 42181 times)

Activity: 273
Merit: 251
I think I'm going to unfollow this thread. This feels very strange too me and I don't want to witness the scam unfold.

I think that everyone who is donating understands the risks here. If it was an ICO with a nice website and a lot of promises in the whitepaper the risks would be the same.

But I still agree that an escrow would be much better.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I respectfully agree with many of the opinions here that an initial distribution method focused on a more equal distribution to the many rather than a few would provide far greater utility to the world. Hopefully Felix can provide greater clarity on this and many other aspects of the project soon.
Activity: 171
Merit: 105
I think I'm going to unfollow this thread. This feels very strange too me and I don't want to witness the scam unfold.
Activity: 5

Another newbie.. activity 1

So posting shit 1000 times like your last post is more valuable you say? ;-)
Activity: 15

I made my account because frankly most of the stuff on this site is repetitive and drab, exciting concepts will get people out of the woodwork to create new accounts.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

The list could be even shorter: private (ZK-SNARKS) and instant are already impossible with the current options. Zcash takes a long time to process ZK-SNARKS. Dash and even Monero are not 100% private.

I would argue that Monero is as private as it can be and currently is the ultimate privacy crypto; Both Dash and Zcash have many flaws.

As for Stone; Almost instant and fee-less transactions, and mandatory privacy, that Felix is proposing, is very tempting and promising! I hope there is more than vapor, it almost sounds too good to be true.

I am however definitely following! If this fails, I will be constantly looking for something similar that is is in the works.
Will donate as soon as some details/code is delivered + escrow is implemented.

Good luck Felix, I really hope you will deliver!

Another newbie.. activity 1
Activity: 5

The list could be even shorter: private (ZK-SNARKS) and instant are already impossible with the current options. Zcash takes a long time to process ZK-SNARKS. Dash and even Monero are not 100% private.

I would argue that Monero is as private as it can be and currently is the ultimate privacy crypto; Both Dash and Zcash have many flaws.

As for Stone; Almost instant and fee-less transactions, and mandatory privacy, that Felix is proposing, is very tempting and promising! I hope there is more than vapor, it almost sounds too good to be true.

I am however definitely following! If this fails, I will be constantly looking for something similar that is is in the works.
Will donate as soon as some details/code is delivered + escrow is implemented.

Good luck Felix, I really hope you will deliver!

Activity: 32
Thank you all for the feedback. I've just updated stonecurrency.org with a link to this forum as a resource and added all the donation addresses contributing to the main development of the project. Any more suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

I really like the logo. The website looks like a really good start, nice and clean. I can't wait to see where this project goes, it's great that we are already seeing some progress. I will be keeping a close eye
Activity: 8
Thank you all for the feedback. I've just updated stonecurrency.org with a link to this forum as a resource and added all the donation addresses contributing to the main development of the project. Any more suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

Mate eventhough what you've done is sincere and great, I would suggest to shut it off temporarily, until the dev show some fruit of his work, espescially the donation page, just to mitigate some unwanted scenarios  Wink

Just to be fair, eventhough I donated small chump, it is still a lot of unknown...
Activity: 31
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Now I suddenly understand the reason of the huuuuge rise in price of RAIBLOCKS recently - people want to catch 2 coins with one buy.

I don't think its that type of fork. It will be using the RaiBlocks code but not an actual fork using old addresses and balances.

Great project by the way. I am considering donating some ETH- but hope this is for real.
Activity: 352
Merit: 100
Now I suddenly understand the reason of the huuuuge rise in price of RAIBLOCKS recently - people want to catch 2 coins with one buy.
Activity: 139
I'm watching this. There are a number or red flags as some other members have pointed out.
Lets see where this goes.
Activity: 176

I have a great idea for distribution, leave 30% to donators, then the other 70% do a bitcoin airdrop/merge, the same thing which zclassic is doing right now.

Please get back to me with your thoughts, i'm sure the rest of the community would support this.

From here on, Its all about what kind of "coin" you want to "be" in this world.  

If what fuels the developer passion for the project is quick personal economic growth, then yes distribute it using methods that already favor the able, rich and wealthy.

In that case, the only semblance to raiblocks its the fact it was forked from it.    

He has one chance to fairly decentralize a coin. What he will choose will steer the project.

Activity: 165
“The Future of Security Tokens”
This will be an upgraded version of RAI blocks? You add privacy functions? Is there a reason to support your project more than RAI that could add privacy in future?
Activity: 252
Hi, I'm very interested in your project. Unfortunately, while I can not afford to give you donations. But I can advertise your project for free. I have a Twitter and fb with a lot of subscribers. And most importantly, this is a large Russian community in a telegram. If you are interested in my offer, please reply me
Activity: 24

I have a great idea for distribution, leave 30% to donators, then the other 70% do a bitcoin airdrop/merge, the same thing which zclassic is doing right now.

Please get back to me with your thoughts, i'm sure the rest of the community would support this.
Activity: 586
Merit: 501
please don't put smart contracts. there are a gazillion other platforms for this 
Activity: 32
I reserved StoneWallet.org & ioWallet.org for the project, just in case. I'm also experimenting with different icons of the prospective brands. Substantive, yet simple concepts.
https://image.ibb.co/kdhzpw/stone_icon.png
https://image.ibb.co/b8f8hG/iopay_icon.png

The first one are amazing. Congratulations.

Definitely first one Smiley
Activity: 69
Merit: 8
Crazy.  Are people really donating? Or is a lot of it OP sending money to himself trying to get others donate also?

--OP shows no real knowledge of the technology just copies and pastes info about zkSNARKs
--has presented no code or anything tangible
--self moderated topic
--anonymous
--shows no previous work

Just look at his post history.  There is no indication that he is any kind of developer or has any low level knowledge of cryptocurrencies.

Has there ever been a legit coin that started off like this and asked for donations before even presenting anything tangible?  I would love to know if there has.

I'm sure this will be deleted...

Very valid points. I would highly advise that no member donates until the project details are published.
Pages:
Jump to: