Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency - page 73. (Read 42181 times)

Activity: 893
Merit: 135
Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT
Very cool - i was actually searching for similar thing - DAG with the privacy features of zkSnark or RingCT. Good luck.

I will make a donation of one BTC as soon as i can free up funds.
Worst case, it goes to 0, and i eat the loss.
Best case, something really useful comes out of it.

Do you have a github repo? I would love to follow it - I am a very technical person, and would be interested in even meeting in person if you are in bay area.

Now this kind of account stops me from donating here. Brand new account, which claims he understands DAG and was looking for it and Also, able to find this project to make his first post and claim to donate 1 BTC.
This creates FOMO effect and I can not say who is trying to do that.
If the team behind this project is doing that, I dont feel this project will go far.

..i noted that another user mentioned it would be a good idea to do a similar process to what the ZClassic team are doing, which is merging ZCL and bitcoin snapshot together, there is a possibility i could do this combined with the donators fund, although it leaves the question of, is it fair? still very open to discussion.

I would love to see this distribution model come to play. This will be an honourable gesture towards the RaiBlocks community and it's developers who worked so passionately on creating this beautiful code.
Distribution to Bitcoin holders as well will allow for additional exposure and overall fairness to a wider user base.

No way, why make rich people richer?

As I said, paying respect to the originators of this code by choosing a friendly fork.  I can understand the wish for a free-for-all airdrop and perhaps that can be incorporated as well. However, this is not just another ERC20 token on the Ethereum network that requires almost no development resources.

XRB distribution has been flawed by BOTs and that's the reason they stopped faucets:
- https://www.google.it/search?q=youtube+railblock+software&oq=youtube+railblock+software

Do you think distribution like that would be fair? Please let's Stone have it's own life. Projects are open source so anyone can use them and improve.

Nobody is asking for a free for all airdrop. But for a fair distribution. Give them to already XRB holders is not. Moreover most of them will go to XRB representatives (https://raiblocks.net/page/frontiers.php). Is this fair?

agreed, since we want wider and fairer distribution we should think of another way to do it

I'm also against this. We need a better (unique) distribution model which is fair and can get a lot of attention. Only if someone can come up with a better idea

I am also not in favor of doing airdrop to our blockchain wallets BTC or XRB. That will make big holders for Stone which dont even know Stone. Which will create high chances of dump from big people and sudden growth in number of people having Stone is not good. Also, I dont know what is planned supply of Stone but doing airdrop will increase supply significantly.

Its better to start with a close community which believe in Stone rather than making majority community of non-believer if you airdrop to other chain bag holders.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Very cool - i was actually searching for similar thing - DAG with the privacy features of zkSnark or RingCT. Good luck.

I will make a donation of one BTC as soon as i can free up funds.
Worst case, it goes to 0, and i eat the loss.
Best case, something really useful comes out of it.

Do you have a github repo? I would love to follow it - I am a very technical person, and would be interested in even meeting in person if you are in bay area.
I've updated stonecurrency.org/#support with various links to prospective community accounts, including github.com/stonecurrency once it's ready. I intend on giving Felix and trusted community members access to these accounts in due time. As always, any and all feedback is welcome!

Are you part of team, or have you discussed with about about you owning all social account.
Because for any coin, one person owning all social account is not secure.
Also, one person can not manage all social account as we grow.

Have you thought of it?
Activity: 867
Merit: 1000
I agree that snapshot shouldn’t be used. CPU mining isn’t an option?
Activity: 5
@Felixando,
You answer many questions but many people have also raised the question about using escrow for donations and I don't see that you have addressed that. What are your thoughts?

Activity: 15
I think that the raiblocks snapshot should be used for distribution.

disagree - not a fair distribution, I don't think any snapshot should be used.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
..i noted that another user mentioned it would be a good idea to do a similar process to what the ZClassic team are doing, which is merging ZCL and bitcoin snapshot together, there is a possibility i could do this combined with the donators fund, although it leaves the question of, is it fair? still very open to discussion.

I would love to see this distribution model come to play. This will be an honourable gesture towards the RaiBlocks community and it's developers who worked so passionately on creating this beautiful code.
Distribution to Bitcoin holders as well will allow for additional exposure and overall fairness to a wider user base.

No way, why make rich people richer?

As I said, paying respect to the originators of this code by choosing a friendly fork.  I can understand the wish for a free-for-all airdrop and perhaps that can be incorporated as well. However, this is not just another ERC20 token on the Ethereum network that requires almost no development resources.

XRB distribution has been flawed by BOTs and that's the reason they stopped faucets:
- https://www.google.it/search?q=youtube+railblock+software&oq=youtube+railblock+software

Do you think distribution like that would be fair? Please let's Stone have it's own life. Projects are open source so anyone can use them and improve.

Nobody is asking for a free for all airdrop. But for a fair distribution. Give them to already XRB holders is not. Moreover most of them will go to XRB representatives (https://raiblocks.net/page/frontiers.php). Is this fair?

agreed, since we want wider and fairer distribution we should think of another way to do it

I'm also against this. We need a better (unique) distribution model which is fair and can get a lot of attention. Only if someone can come up with a better idea
Activity: 31
I've updated stonecurrency.org/#support with various links to prospective community accounts, including github.com/stonecurrency once it's ready. I intend on giving Felix and trusted community members access to these accounts in due time. As always, any and all feedback is welcome!
Activity: 77
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
ok.. i like the style of the developer. seems honest. and dag is a great blockchain technology if you can say it is trully a blockchian asset.
Activity: 22
Hoping the developer will make a telegram group for the project announcement and development. This project is also worth following and should have a social media for announcement.
Activity: 69
Merit: 8
Many currencies have turned into oligarchies, with whales manipulating the pricing, as some of us have recently witnessed. We have a chance to make Stone The People's Currency. Let's aspire for the greater good. We have the chance to create an everlasting quick, private & secure utility of trade for all of humanity. Let's embrace this precious distribution opportunity.

It's been tried many times over in the past and all these coins have died. I truly want to see one succeed though.
Activity: 37
How can we remain informed on the progress of Stone?  Any Telegram open or other way of getting the announcements in? 
Activity: 31
Many currencies have turned into oligarchies, with whales manipulating the pricing, as some of us have recently witnessed. We have a chance to make Stone The People's Currency. Let's aspire for the greater good. We have the chance to create an everlasting quick, private & secure utility of trade for all of humanity. Let's embrace this precious distribution opportunity.
Activity: 447
I think that the raiblocks snapshot should be used for distribution.
Activity: 22
I think the better way for stone distributions is by promoting the project to social medias etc, like helping it get exposure, like not doing the same thing again and again to the guys who owns the coins after forking it.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

In other news - development is going to plan, i have been playing with in-line transactions with great results with the added weight of zk-SNARK's, currently receiving 7s round trip response times for anonymous transactions, but with a alot of tuning i should be able to bring that right down to at least 3s - 600ms. I will also be creating a github in the very near future, id advise not to donate until then, if your slightly worried about the legitimacy of my project.

That's what I like to read about.  Could you explain what is an in-line transaction?
If you are serious about anonymity, then you probably want to make anonymity required.
Also, have you considered adding any kind of incentive structure for public peers, representatives or "miners"?  I think this is something that is missing from Raiblocks.
In terms of distribution, the 30% to donors + the rest airdropped based on forum activity number is probably the best way.
Activity: 326

Hi there, we have not yet finalized the method of distribution, whether it will be a bitcoin snapshot, raiblocks snapshot, airdrop or some other method, i'm aiming towards even and fair distribution, if you have suggestions you are welcome to post your idea! i noted that another user mentioned it would be a good idea to do a similar process to what the ZClassic team are doing, which is merging ZCL and bitcoin snapshot together, there is a possibility i could do this combined with the donators fund, although it leaves the question of, is it fair? still very open to discussion.

Distribution method proportional to snapshot of some currency won't be distribute evenly, it would favor the rich. There is an option of normalizing airdrops (e.g. any address with positive balance will receive exactly 10 Stones), but it's not feasible for bitcoin-based currency where any distinct entity may have contol one address or millions. Would work with ethereum, though. You'll just have to filter out big ethereum mixer addresses which is pretty easy to do. So, normalized airdrop on good-looking ethereum addresses would work.
Airdrop faucet will be more or less fair and even, but it'll be a strain on community.
One more possibility would be to airdrop to identity management blockchains like Civic but those are unpopulated and will be for a few years more.
One more cool option is airdrop to some social network or other OpenID provider. Popular networks are full of bots and dead accounts, but there are a few that would be cool to do (e.g. airdrop to Github accounts, which are largely genuine nowadays).
Activity: 635
Merit: 208
Belgian based crypto-enthusiast
Watching this thread, I'm curious too see how things will roll :-) great idea felixando
Pages:
Jump to: