Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN] - The WhiteCoin Foundation - Community Planning & Discussion - page 14. (Read 89564 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Why is Whitecoin market still disabled on bittrex?

because the exchanges are waiting to install the new wallet after block 17,500. pm me your rb name  Cheesy
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Why is Whitecoin market still disabled on bittrex?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Could we please ignore turtle hurricane. This guy is a joke since the beginning. If its not the case he should be banned from #whitecoinfoundation.

He likes to spread shit all over the place without any arguments or proof. He doesn t even understand what he says. Several people already asked him to go away.
He is not wanted here.
I've never made up anything, alot of people like you who support white coin don't like hearing the truth.
turtlehurricane ,Shut up and get out of here!
You this guy has been attacked the WC.
YOU AGAIN SPREADING "FUD" FROM ONE WHITECOIN THREAD TO ANOTHER ..... LOSER
!WARNING ! THIS GUY IS BANNED FROM WHITECOIN IRC & He is A TROLL
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
@halofirebtc
turtle... please buddy... I don't normally get involved with this crap, but you used to be so pro-WC. Be more constructive. Any valid points you DO have will probably be dismissed by the community based on your recent 'truth-FUDing'.

If you're holding WC, you're hurting yourself.
If you want to buy WC and use your energy to support it, GREAT!
If you have no WC in your possession, kindly move along.

Proper channel: Any flaws you find in codes or in WC in general should be PM'ed to the Dev, then if he doesn't provide a fix or reply, then you can let all of us know, without the doom and gloom, so that we can fix the problem and move on.

Thanks.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
PoS NOW IN EFFECT -- PoW ENDS 17500 - ± 8 hours

NEW MAC AND WINDOWS WALLET - http://whitecoin.info/news/whitecoin-wallet-released/  | 

WE MUST CONTINUE TO PROTECT THE BLOCKCHAIN, pools here: http://whitecoin.info/news/wc-pools/ |

BLOCK EXPLORER http://cryptexplorer.com/chain/WhiteCoin
Could we please ignore turtle hurricane. This guy is a joke since the beginning. If its not the case he should be banned from #whitecoinfoundation.

He likes to spread shit all over the place without any arguments or proof. He doesn t even understand what he says. Several people already asked him to go away.
He is not wanted here.
+1
Hey everyone,

We've hit the ground running today. Lots on the go. But before I get into anything, I just want to thank everyone for the amazing support through such a difficult time. We got through this as a team, all of us. And I firmly believe this is just the beginning of what our community can accompli8sh.

Here's a brief update:

1. We are carefully examining what happened to asiacoin, at this time, we see no direct threat to whitecoin but will release a more detailed report of our findings.

2. As we shift away from crisis mode, I have proposed a detailed plan on how the transition team can begin the process of formalizing our structure. A report will follow soon on this as well.

3. We are also preparing to begin fundraising once staking begins and major exchanges reopen their wallets. A detailed proposal on how the community can fundraise will also follow. We will be taking careful measures to ensure all funds raised are carefully protected, and spent according to an accountable and transparent structure.

Thanks again,

Chris

Thanks
Any idea when the exchanges will implement the new wallet?

Most likely when PoW ends on block 17500 ..

You can check what block we are on here:

http://cryptexplorer.com/chain/WhiteCoin
Activity: 280
Any idea when the exchanges will implement the new wallet?
Activity: 94
The presence of PoS-generated blocks has been confirmed in the blockchain, everything is shaping up nicely.

PoW shutdown will take place at block 17500. Once that has happened, Whitecoin will become unminable as a PoS-only coin.

We did it guys, the community pulled through and put a failed coin back on its feet.

Now get out there and get trading!
Is the new mac wallet out?

Source

https://github.com/cryptogears/Whitecoin/

Windows
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cojahjy30pa30wm/whitecoin-update.zip

http://whitecoin.info/whitecoin-update.zip

MAC OSX
http://pcmerc.com/files/Whitecoin-Qt.dmg

https://mega.co.nz/#!b0oRSIYZ!DpDt-h7v4HUYmhGy6mSKFpMsm0Eds96QptZJFK7oUFg

On Windows Before Update or you got Visual C++ error after update
1. **Backup your wallet.dat file**
2. Go to: C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\whitecoin
3. Delete everything EXCEPT for the wallet.dat file
4. Run the new wallet
Is the new mac wallet out?
Activity: 824
Merit: 501
Osmservices keeps being hacked away from me :-( th
PoS is now working. Smiley

Hi there.

Ive a few questions about pos??

Do I have the right wallet now? (v1.0.2.0)

How many days do I have to stake the coins for?

Thanks Smiley
Activity: 938
@halofirebtc
Successfully staked some coins. Seems PoS is working Smiley
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
Altcoin herald is saying there's a fatal flaw in the new white coin code: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6527972

Steer clear of WhiteCoin. Check their latest commit at Github. There's a smoking gun in their code SO SHOCKING that when word spreads, they will face the same fate as AsiaCoin. And that's not FUD bud, that's the unvarnished truth.

At it again turtle?

We're already checking over our codebase anyway to make sure we don't have any nasty surprises like what was just found on asiacoin, and in the process will also check for and correct any other issues we find.

I'd like to see a link to the altcoinherald article documenting this problem in the code.

Apparently the problem is the DNS seed for white coin is completely controlled by chunky pools, and this is confirmed. And apparently chunkypools is going to be able to completely control every white coin transaction based on the code (this part is still not completely confirmed). This is unprecedented for a crypto currency, it makes it completely centralized and we gotta put alot of trust in people we don't even know. And if chunky pools goes down, like it's known to do, than I imagine that will have ramifications for white coin regardless of PoS.
The dnsseed is only for node discovery. It works when there is no peers.dat at the very start of the wallet.
From there, it gets some IPs from well connected wallets (it's just a dns request that returns multiple A records with nodes).
Then through those nodes, the wallet learns about other nodes as well. Everything is stored in the peers.dat which is then used whenever the wallet starts.

Even if there is any reason to believe that this is not to be trusted, you can always disable the dnsseed discovery and use static IP addresses taken by the Whitecoin.conf file which you can create and fill with the IP addresses of nodes you know are legit and you trust.

It's not nuclear science... Smiley

Stop seeing a line of code and think you discovered the God particle!
"Read the code, Luke!"

Right. I add DNSSEED because it helps people who are new and unsure about where to put conf, etc. Lots of coins use it.

It doesnt matter if chunkypools goes down, its just a DNS request for a list of IPs, same thing as going on a thread and putting a bunch of addnode= into your conf.

It keeps branching out and finding more connections, anyway. DNSSEED is just a starting point. It can be changed to another server with little to no fuss and no mandatory update required, if it really bothers everyone that much.

Huh

It doesn't.  It only seems to be turtlehead who thinks he has ALL the answers to EVERYTHING. He should probably understand what he's talking about before he posts... but that is probably just wishful thinking on my part.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Thanks for clearing that up boys  Cool

I was a little confussed about it too initially but that makes sense.

Altcoin herald is saying there's a fatal flaw in the new white coin code: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6527972

Steer clear of WhiteCoin. Check their latest commit at Github. There's a smoking gun in their code SO SHOCKING that when word spreads, they will face the same fate as AsiaCoin. And that's not FUD bud, that's the unvarnished truth.

At it again turtle?

We're already checking over our codebase anyway to make sure we don't have any nasty surprises like what was just found on asiacoin, and in the process will also check for and correct any other issues we find.

I'd like to see a link to the altcoinherald article documenting this problem in the code.

Apparently the problem is the DNS seed for white coin is completely controlled by chunky pools, and this is confirmed. And apparently chunkypools is going to be able to completely control every white coin transaction based on the code (this part is still not completely confirmed). This is unprecedented for a crypto currency, it makes it completely centralized and we gotta put alot of trust in people we don't even know. And if chunky pools goes down, like it's known to do, than I imagine that will have ramifications for white coin regardless of PoS.
The dnsseed is only for node discovery. It works when there is no peers.dat at the very start of the wallet.
From there, it gets some IPs from well connected wallets (it's just a dns request that returns multiple A records with nodes).
Then through those nodes, the wallet learns about other nodes as well. Everything is stored in the peers.dat which is then used whenever the wallet starts.

Even if there is any reason to believe that this is not to be trusted, you can always disable the dnsseed discovery and use static IP addresses taken by the Whitecoin.conf file which you can create and fill with the IP addresses of nodes you know are legit and you trust.

"Read the code, Luke!"

Right. I add DNSSEED because it helps people who are new and unsure about where to put conf, etc. Lots of coins use it.

It doesnt matter if chunkypools goes down, its just a DNS request for a list of IPs, same thing as going on a thread and putting a bunch of addnode= into your conf.

It keeps branching out and finding more connections, anyway. DNSSEED is just a starting point. It can be changed to another server with little to no fuss and no mandatory update required, if it really bothers everyone that much.

Huh

He is not wanted here.
Activity: 437

At it again turtle?

"Read the code, Luke!"

Huh

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

At it again turtle?

"Read the code, Luke!"
Pages:
Jump to: