Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN] - The WhiteCoin Foundation - Community Planning & Discussion - page 16. (Read 89564 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Activity: 616
Merit: 251
BLTZ was a copy of blackcoin ,and success? No
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
whitecoin, the rambo of altcoins. punching slabs of beef, running up hills, you can't stop whitecoin.
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
I asked the devs about that actually, why there was a whitecoin.conf included with the Windows binary.

It doesn't seem to actually need it, that file is just there in case someone wanted to use the windows binary in daemon mode instead of QT mode.

Good to know. Thanks!
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
@halofirebtc
Cool, let's not stop here, distribution list will need to get up and running for continued confidence

+1000, +1 x 1000 wallets. i haz math skillz...
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
I asked the devs about that actually, why there was a whitecoin.conf included with the Windows binary.

It doesn't seem to actually need it, that file is just there in case someone wanted to use the windows binary in daemon mode instead of QT mode.
Activity: 63
FYI:
You'll get a C++ error on launch of new wallet if using provided .conf file.

i.e. "The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way"

There's an error on line 2:
rpcuser=anyuser
namerpcpassword=changethispassword

Just change to:
rpcuser=YOURUSER
rpcpassword=YOURPASSWORD

HTH newbies

I didn't have any luck with anything I tried to do with the .conf file.  Finally, I gave up and deleted the whitecoin.conf file, then it worked just fine.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Cool, let's not stop here, distribution list will need to get up and running for continued confidence
Activity: 94
So much fud around here.

Okay, so it took a lot longer than we expected it to, but we've produced a working wallet.

Getting the foundation organized properly is pretty high up on the list to do now, expect more news in the coming days.

Oh and yes, this is OdinYggd from #whitecoinfoundation.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
www.bitcoin.org
Let's tally up some facts.

1) White coin was made as a copy of black coin, to attract investors to make quick money.

2) This worked, there was massive investment, but then the dev was found out to be a farce and the coin's code was completely screwed up.

3) The head of PR did some of the worst PR ever and caused a massive panic sell, taking over $1 million out of the market cap.

4) It took so long to make a new wallet, that the 'dev team' announced the blockchain was secure and exchanges could reopen deposits. Within 24 hours a 51% double spend attack occurred costing Mintpal over $20,000, and costing Cryptsy an unknown amount of money. This was due to complete negligence by the 'dev team'.

5) The 'foundation' fired the original new dev team right when they were doing a beta test, and did this publicly causing mass confusion and anger. They announced the new new dev team had made a wallet, and therefore completely wasted the other dev's time. They were extremely rude to the devs even though they never paid them.

Considering all of this, and that white coin started as a cheap copy of black coin in the first place, I see no reason anyone should invest in this besides utter stupidity. It never was anything special, and now it's tainted and known to be run by incompetent leadership.

YOU AGAIN SPREADING "FUD" FROM ONE WHITECOIN THREAD TO ANOTHER ..... LOSER Huh
!!!WARNING !!!! THIS GUY IS BANNED FROM WHITECOIN IRC & He is A TROLL

1. Litecoin Blackcoin Shitcoin all based on Bitcoin copy but not exact, no biggie
2. The coin was not screw the plan is good, the one who screwed is DEV but it's good because we are now community coin just like bitcoin was.
3. its good if they can cause massive panic sell then they can create a massive panic buy for $100 Million Huh
4. it takes  time for new dev to figure it out abt what happened and put the coin back in track, if you want instant go buy instant-noodle.
5. Because they are not supposed to release the BETA in public, BETA was meant just for testing purpose.

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
turtle please go invest/talk/fud on another coin....

+1
Activity: 11
Anyway, great project, wish it all the best.
Activity: 66
I think turtle has some really good points and I agree with a lot of what he says. 

Turtle has been on this since the start and I enjoyed his posts right from the start when he was as excited and eager as anyone of us for WC to succeed. 

I realise people get really personally invested into coins, but there is a difference between someone speaking FUD and someone asking questions and being objective. 

I think it is our role as part of the community to ask some of the hard questions, particularly when we have our self styled overload not really answering them.

Posts like turtles give a differing opinion and one that people may take into consideration when investing. Otherwise all would see is "to the moon" and "don't miss the train" posts for 300 pages. 

In my opinion, those posts add absolutely nothing other than people trying to pump a coin for their own means. 
Activity: 938
@halofirebtc
Activity: 322

1) White coin was made as a copy of black coin, to attract investors to make quick money.

2) This worked, there was massive investment, but then the dev was found out to be a farce and the coin's code was completely screwed up.

3) The head of PR did some of the worst PR ever and caused a massive panic sell, taking over $1 million out of the market cap.

4) It took so long to make a new wallet, that the 'dev team' announced the blockchain was secure and exchanges could reopen deposits. Within 24 hours a 51% double spend attack occurred costing Mintpal over $20,000, and costing Cryptsy an unknown amount of money. This was due to complete negligence by the 'dev team'.

5) The 'foundation' fired the original new dev team right when they were doing a beta test, and did this publicly causing mass confusion and anger. They announced the new new dev team had made a wallet, and therefore completely wasted the other dev's time. They were extremely rude to the devs even though they never paid them.

Considering all of this, and that white coin started as a cheap copy of black coin in the first place, I see no reason anyone should invest in this besides utter stupidity. It never was anything special, and now it's tainted and known to be run by incompetent leadership.

According to mogonzo it was tf2honeybadger's suggestion to open the markets ASAP. Additionally, he also claims that tf2honeybadger was indirectly responsible for the timewarp / double-spend attack. I think we need to understand that tf2honeybadger, while having pure intentions, was not the best developer for a PoS coin like WhiteCoin. He stated publicly that he only has experience with PoW coins, such as his own CGA.
Of course mogonzo would blame tf2honeybadger after their falling out today. Mogonzo hasn't taken any responsibility for his piss poor leadership. Fact is, mogonzo is head of the 'foundation', it's his fault that the exchanges lost tens of thousands of dollars.

I certainly agree that Mogonzo has made some serious mistakes; however, without Mogonzo hiring another dev team to fix WhiteCoin we probably wouldn't have a working wallet right now. Also, I would like to once again point out that it is a very real possibility that the accusations against tf2honeybadger in IRC could, in fact, be true. Although he was working his hardest to fix WhiteCoin, he may have bitten off more than he could chew. He wasn't familiar with PoS, and had to rely on mindfox for assistance.
Almost anyone couldve done a better job at organizing the recovery of white coin. It's almost like the original dev chose mogonzo cause they knew hed be a failure.

I disagree with you on this. This is a complex, and messy issue. Mogonzo had the right connections to contact exchanges, and he organized a proper dev team to fix WC. He did not fail. If anything, you should be thanking him for having a working wallet so you can now properly transfer your WhiteCoin.
Activity: 111
Turtlehurricane , it sad the way you keep on posting on the same thread ... If you don't like what's happening , plz move on to the next best coin/thing . If you don't have any stake or interest in WC . Stop posting stuff that don't affect your coinz . Either your in or not , I bought in @ 744 and would do it again because of the community. Look at the volume on this coin and look at the work that people are putting in to make this work , some are doing it for free. I will be quoting this in 2 weeks .

Activity: 322

According to mogonzo it was tf2honeybadger's suggestion to open the markets ASAP. Additionally, he also claims that tf2honeybadger was indirectly responsible for the timewarp / double-spend attack. I think we need to understand that tf2honeybadger, while having pure intentions, was not the best developer for a PoS coin like WhiteCoin. He stated publicly that he only has experience with PoW coins, such as his own CGA.
Of course mogonzo would blame tf2honeybadger after their falling out today. Mogonzo hasn't taken any responsibility for his piss poor leadership. Fact is, mogonzo is head of the 'foundation', it's his fault that the exchanges lost tens of thousands of dollars.

I certainly agree that Mogonzo has made some serious mistakes; however, without Mogonzo hiring another dev team to fix WhiteCoin we probably wouldn't have a working wallet right now. Also, I would like to once again point out that it is a very real possibility that the accusations against tf2honeybadger in IRC could, in fact, be true. Although he was working his hardest to fix WhiteCoin, he may have bitten off more than he could chew. He wasn't familiar with PoS, and had to rely on mindfox for assistance.
Activity: 46
Why do you spend so much time hating on WC? You are perfectly welcome to sit this coin out.... Why do you care if others invest in the coin? Do you understand what gives a coin value? Are you just trying to get an entry point into a market you know will take off? The sheer amount of time you spend FUDing up this thread, other threads, and the IRC you could have done something real with all of that time, like promote a coin you think is 'worth it'... So calm yourself and stop acting like a child, if you don't like what is going on here then leave.
legendary
Activity: 1428
turtle please go invest/talk/fud on another coin....

Pages:
Jump to: