Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN] - The WhiteCoin Foundation - Community Planning & Discussion - page 13. (Read 89564 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 266
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Activity: 31
reached block 17500
 Cheers to mogonzo and the rest of the team for not losing their temper at the trolls!
Will be mining on whitecoinpool.com now to earn more WC
 Grin

I thought the pow completely stopped at 17500?

Even after POW there is POS. POS still generates blocks to keep the transactions within the block chain.

Oh thanks. I didn't know pos generated blocks.
That's how POS works. You'd better go to learn some POS knowledge first. It is very helpful for you.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
reached block 17500
 Cheers to mogonzo and the rest of the team for not losing their temper at the trolls!
 Grin

Even after POW there is POS. POS still generates blocks to keep the transactions within the block chain.

Oh thanks. I didn't know pos generated blocks.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
reached block 17500
 Grin

whitecoinpool.com is a WC switchpool that mines several coins then sells those to buy WC and pays out in WC.
Activity: 33
Sub to the Reddit - reddit.com/r/whitecoin to show your allegiance. Cheesy
Great to find this sub Reddit. welcome more people to come here.
Activity: 84
Sub to the Reddit - reddit.com/r/whitecoin to show your allegiance. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
reached block 17500
 Grin

Activity: 336
reached block 17500
 Grin

Activity: 84
Hey everyone,

The WhiteCoin transition team held its first meeting using the new democratic structure tonight, and a series of important decisions were made. Our first motion was to offer minutes of our meeting to the public, in the form of a semi redacted log on pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/qfspvtDe

We have only redacted information for security purposes, or information that could be used to manipulate the market. I hope this shows the true tone of transparency we're aiming for at WhiteCoin. For those who can wade through our two hour meeting, there is an exciting easter egg inside. Perhaps something in the form of a username and password to a protected website. Perhaps something that could offer our community a sneak peak at a cool development we have scheduled for tomorrow.

I found the easter egg.      very nice guys. GOOD job!. .
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
@halofirebtc
Announcing the Chunky-Challenge WhiteCoin fundraising initiative

-200 MH = 10% of the multipool’s profits to the foundation
-500 MH = 15% of the multpool’s profits  to the foundation
-1 GH      = 20%
-5 GH      = 25%

Didn't know we could have negative hashrates... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Announcing the Chunky-Challenge WhiteCoin fundraising initiative

We have been truly amazed and humbled by the WhiteCoin community. To watch crypto enthusiasts and experts alike come together in common cause like this has been an incredible thing. We’re pleased to announce a series of fundraising initiatives to help the WhiteCoin foundation cover its costs.

This will be a two sided campaign.

1. The Whitecoin Donation Port: Donate your hash directly to the WhiteCoin Foundation by pointing to our existing WhiteCoin protection port (3377). As PoS begins we will switch the miners on this port to mine the most profitable altcoins, and donate them directly to the foundation.

2. The Chunky Percent Challenge: ChunkyPools will donate an increasing portion of our profits to the WhiteCoin foundation as increasing levels of hash are met by our WhiteCoin multipool.

-200 MH = 10% of the multipool’s profits to the foundation
-500 MH = 15% of the multpool’s profits  to the foundation
-1 GH      = 20%
-5 GH      = 25%

This will apply to our scrypt pool to start, which leads us to our next big announcement!

Our SHA-256 & X-11 WhiteCoin payout multipool ports are ready and going live tonight!

A reminder, payouts in WC will resume in the first 24hours after exchange wallets have fully reopened.

Thanks again WhiteCoin, you’re awesome.

The ChunkyPools team

Mine for WC payouts at chunkypools.com/wc
Activity: 182
ANNOUCEMENT FROM THE WHITECOIN TEAM

The WhiteCoin Team is Pleased to Announce the launch of our fundraising drive. Now that PoS has begun, we can show crypto what the WhiteCoin Community can really do.

We have received hundreds of requests for official donation addresses, and we're pleased to tell you that the transition team has agreed on a transparent and accountable system for maintaining the fund's finances.

Until our organization can be legally founded, Mogonzo has offered to operate these funds under the guidance of the transition team, and with community input. None of the funds in these addresses will be paid out without the agreement of the transition team, mogonzo, and the community.

We also couldn't be happier to tell you that Chunkypools.com/wc has pledged to further support the WhiteCoin foundation by donating 10-25% percent of its profits according to the Chunky Challenge. We don't want to steal all Chunky's thunder though, they'll post more details shortly.

The Foundation will be accepting donations in Whitecoin, Bitcoin, LiteCoin, and DogeCoin to start this process off. Please donate only to these official donations addresses, there is only one per currency.

WC: WdPskLzGkjXkSns3BgkRF5fW5SveTBS7tR

BTC: 1JN9kVvm1zxgYh3Ki1JNsPFPhcE5FfoyeR

DOGE: D9n7o15LGaJy54gsQtqfgP8MwRCxC7FeCn

LTC: LU7P6BgqPDo1eHzqm2GmPw34HMJVoEe5DV

Please donate to help pay the developers who saved this currency. But most importantly, encourage others to do the same. Tell us how much you donated. Spread the good word on bitcointalk, IRC, twitter, and anywhere else you can think of...

Because this is just the beginning

Best Regards

The WhiteCoin Foundation

Until we have a more complete special thanks post, we must offer our sincere gratitude to: CryptoWest & Mindfox for their dedication to this project and making the wallet happen.
reached block 17500
 Grin
Hey everyone,

The WhiteCoin transition team held its first meeting using the new democratic structure tonight, and a series of important decisions were made. Our first motion was to offer minutes of our meeting to the public, in the form of a semi redacted log on pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/qfspvtDe

We have only redacted information for security purposes, or information that could be used to manipulate the market. I hope this shows the true tone of transparency we're aiming for at WhiteCoin. For those who can wade through our two hour meeting, there is an exciting easter egg inside. Perhaps something in the form of a username and password to a protected website. Perhaps something that could offer our community a sneak peak at a cool development we have scheduled for tomorrow.

In the meantime, PoW is about to truly end for WhiteCoin, and that means fundraising to pay our many volunteers and developers.

I look forward to reading your comments!

All the best,

Chris
Good luck to everyone! Grin
Activity: 30
The exchanges have already installed the new wallet.

What they are waiting for is PoW shutdown at block 17500. At that point it will no longer be possible to perform a 51% attack against whitecoin.

Being that such an attack already happened, I think their concern is completely justified.

As it stands, people are actively watching the network to make sure there is no signs of bad behavior or problems.  We will not fail this time.
Hope so. People are afraid of fail. there has been so many fails and attacks nowadays. Cool Cool
Activity: 15
Now that we are (hopefully) past the 'oh shit' moments, I think we should update the main whitecoin page... I really really think it needs more than 4 links (mediafire, twitter, github, and chunkypool). There needs to be a community built up there and access for others to join, not just a redirect page.
Activity: 266
Blah blah blah

cry cry cry
No hurricane the only troll here is you with your stupid, dumb, pathetic and ignorant posts.  Every time you post you get shot down and made to look stupid.
Do you enjoy making yourself look dumb and stupid? if so carry on so we can continue to rip you apart.

On the plus side the dev team are making great ground and muppets like hurricane are dropping like flies.  Shame this person is too dumb to see his posts trying to deter people is going nowhere.
Activity: 94
The exchanges have already installed the new wallet.

What they are waiting for is PoW shutdown at block 17500. At that point it will no longer be possible to perform a 51% attack against whitecoin.

Being that such an attack already happened, I think their concern is completely justified.

As it stands, people are actively watching the network to make sure there is no signs of bad behavior or problems.  We will not fail this time.
Pages:
Jump to: