Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN] - The WhiteCoin Foundation - Community Planning & Discussion - page 17. (Read 89564 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 100
Let's tally up some facts.

1) White coin was made as a copy of black coin, to attract investors to make quick money.

2) This worked, there was massive investment, but then the dev was found out to be a farce and the coin's code was completely screwed up.

3) The head of PR did some of the worst PR ever and caused a massive panic sell, taking over $1 million out of the market cap.

4) It took so long to make a new wallet, that the 'dev team' announced the blockchain was secure and exchanges could reopen deposits. Within 24 hours a 51% double spend attack occurred costing Mintpal over $20,000, and costing Cryptsy an unknown amount of money. This was due to complete negligence by the 'dev team'.

5) The 'foundation' fired the original new dev team right when they were doing a beta test, and did this publicly causing mass confusion and anger. They announced the new new dev team had made a wallet, and therefore completely wasted the other dev's time. They were extremely rude to the devs even though they never paid them.

Considering all of this, and that white coin started as a cheap copy of black coin in the first place, I see no reason anyone should invest in this besides utter stupidity. It never was anything special, and now it's tainted and known to be run by incompetent leadership.

According to mogonzo it was tf2honeybadger's suggestion to open the markets ASAP. Additionally, he also claims that tf2honeybadger was indirectly responsible for the timewarp / double-spend attack. I think we need to understand that tf2honeybadger, while having pure intentions, was not the best developer for a PoS coin like WhiteCoin. He stated publicly that he only has experience with PoW coins, such as his own CGA.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Let's tally up some facts.

1) White coin was made as a copy of black coin, to attract investors to make quick money.

2) This worked, there was massive investment, but then the dev was found out to be a farce and the coin's code was completely screwed up.

3) The head of PR did some of the worst PR ever and caused a massive panic sell, taking over $1 million out of the market cap.

4) It took so long to make a new wallet, that the 'dev team' announced the blockchain was secure and exchanges could reopen deposits. Within 24 hours a 51% double spend attack occurred costing Mintpal over $20,000, and costing Cryptsy an unknown amount of money. This was due to complete negligence by the 'dev team'.

5) The 'foundation' fired the original new dev team right when they were doing a beta test, and did this publicly causing mass confusion and anger. They announced the new new dev team had made a wallet, and therefore completely wasted the other dev's time. They were extremely rude to the devs even though they never paid them.

Considering all of this, and that white coin started as a cheap copy of black coin in the first place, I see no reason anyone should invest in this besides utter stupidity. It never was anything special, and now it's tainted and known to be run by incompetent leadership.

This is so true... That's why I'll buy more!
Activity: 182
Activity: 322
mogonzo,

1) Cut tf2honeybadger some slack. He's just a kid (19 years old), and he donated his spare time to fix WhiteCoin. It's understandable why he is so upset; he feels like he was not kept in the loop about the situation, and his hard work is pretty much all for nothing. Firing him after he quit, and threatening legal action against him wasn't the best way of dealing with him. In all honesty, a true professional would have recognized the need for a "cool off period" between both parties as this would have allowed tf2honeybadger to calm down a bit, and for you to gather your thoughts as well.

2) I understand why you took the actions that inevitably resulted in severed ties with tf2honeybadger. I actually believe that the second dev team quickly releasing a fixed wallet was the best option for stakeholders in WhiteCoin. Good job.

3) Don't use the yinyangteam account to post replies. It's confusing to everyone, and quite frankly, that account is a cancer to WhiteCoin.

4) Your link to the wallet update is malformed, and it does not work. Please fix this.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Is pos finally working?
Activity: 599
Merit: 510
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Hai!
Activity: 599
Merit: 510
is there a working link somewhere and where is the new git or is it the old git?
Activity: 426
This tidbit from the leaked chat was interesting. http://pastebin.com/DvCWj3ey

"axion:  btw i just spoke with asoom. who many of you know is a serious bagholder. if he dumps, this coin is fucked. we want to organize a vote for the community to pick a leader"

Asoom make BOOM if he dumps.  Grin

Considering I know who "asoom" is
 (does not take much to put 2+2 together either)
"asoom" currently only holds around 1/20th the coins
that their largest bag holder in the Foundation group has

Their is not much risk of it being DUMPED any time soon from "asoom"

The Foundation is waiting for WC to leave the SOLAR SYSTEM before they even start letting their coins go

WC is heading straight to 10k once everything is secured again and POS working correctly

Because Mintpal is turning a blind eye on their losses from the 100 mil coins that were double spent the Foundation IS going to do EVERYTHING they can to keep the coin alive

hopefully all the dev's that were involved in fixing the coin will make peace, I know the Foundation is going to pay out every worker involved once they pass the MOON

So PLEASE no hard feelings !!
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
When I see most of the posts in this thread I only read

"I have 0.2 BTC and I have a very loud and annoying voice online and I am a crypto expert and can move markets"

ha ha ha ha ha ha.... good one!!
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Great to see WhiteCoin come back to life. Buy Buy Buy.
Activity: 182
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Why the fuck would you suddenly start posting with the yingyang account again if not to confuse people?

This mongonzo guy is a clown. Worst project manager and PR person ever.

I can appreciate he might be trying, but seriously, maybe we should get someone in who knows what the fuck they are doing and how to do it.

Seriously, having that conversation in IRC??? That is like PR 101, you don't fight in front of your clients.  Should have been taken offline.  I don't particularly care who is right or wrong, but he fact it happened should be a MASSIVE red flag to the WC community that he should be replaced.  

And now the yingyangteam posting...Huh really, come on man.  Are you shorting this coin?

Thanks for the laughs  Cheesy
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
When I see most of the posts in this thread I only read

"I have 0.2 BTC and I have a very loud and annoying voice online and I am a crypto expert and can move markets"
Activity: 237
IMPORTANT STATEMENT REGARDING THE WHITECOIN UPDATE

I must stress we still need people on the protection ports until staking begins and proof of work ends, in approx 24 hours. Please find the list of pools here, I recommend using a P2P pool.

Blockchain protection pools: http://whitecoin.info/news/wc-pools/

We're doing great but this is a critical juncture now, so it's very important we have our hash pointed at the pow network for the next day.

It's not much but my 9 Mh/s has been pointed at Chunky...  Let's do this!!!
Activity: 237
Why the fuck would you suddenly start posting with the yingyang account again if not to confuse people?

This mongonzo guy is a clown. Worst project manager and PR person ever.

I can appreciate he might be trying, but seriously, maybe we should get someone in who knows what the fuck they are doing and how to do it.

Seriously, having that conversation in IRC??? That is like PR 101, you don't fight in front of your clients.  Should have been taken offline.  I don't particularly care who is right or wrong, but he fact it happened should be a MASSIVE red flag to the WC community that he should be replaced.  

And now the yingyangteam posting...Huh really, come on man.  Are you shorting this coin?

mogonzo ever used the yinyang profile before. Very suspicious

Yes, he used it last Saturday when everything went under.  He was probably just updating the OP and didn't log out...Jeesh give the guy a break...
Activity: 686
Merit: 266
yingyangteam is in caribbean islands under the sun, feasting with premined money!
legendary
Activity: 1428
does mongozo have control of the yingyang account now?

if so lets go back on the other thread. Don't use yingyang to post only to update the OP when needed, and lock this one down.

Yes I have control of yinyang, and sorry about the confusion there. This thread is meant to be about discussion specifically related to the activities of the transition team and conversation about the creation of a whitecoin foundation.

DONT USE THAT ACCOUNT AGAIN APART FROM UPDATING OP
Pages:
Jump to: