Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN] [XDB] Doubloon - Privacy Evolved - page 9. (Read 34341 times)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
December 09, 2017, 02:38:39 AM
I just got directed here from an Intensecoin post. And I'm glad I did Smiley I want to mine this, fo sho. Can't wait for that young beta wallet!
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
December 09, 2017, 02:21:41 AM

no exchange to buy from, yet?

Thanks.
Guy, what are you thinking to say that or you're just a bot? This coin even hasn't launched yet, where is the coins to exchange?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 68
Merit: 4
December 09, 2017, 02:18:29 AM

no exchange to buy from, yet?

Thanks.
Activity: 477
Merit: 261
December 09, 2017, 02:16:09 AM
where speciation coin dev
not open plan ico selling, any bounty or airdrop
December 09, 2017, 02:00:46 AM
[1]There is already a coin named Doubloons but it has the prefix BOAT so not sure if you are aware of that name already in use for a coin or not Wink
[2]same question, is this coin new or old one with algo-changed?
Can't be the same coin the ticker isn't BOAT for this one and I don't ready anything that refers to the other Doubloon coin.

Hi there,

All valid questions that were brought up in the Boolberry thread. Let me clarify them for you:

[2]

This project is a planned fork of the Boolberry project scheduled for launch in Q1 2018. It has nothing in common with either of the previous Doubloon projects. The mining algo is called Itsuku and will be the first C++ implementation of this design to be released to the public. For more information please visit the OP under the "Itsuku" section.

Thanks!
Thank you for clarification, i'll mine some when you release the binary. Good luck dev and your project!
Activity: 337
Merit: 315
December 09, 2017, 12:16:49 AM
All interesting stuff, looks like there is real momentum on the project. Congrats and way to keep this coin alive Cheesy Any word on an exchange that's going to be trading BBR soon other than Stocks.exchange? I'd like to try and buy some BBR pre fork if all possible. I had some BBR pre delisting from Bittrex but sold because I couldn't get the wallet to work. I'm not that tech savvy. I'm am a holder of other privacy coins, I think privacy proves to be the most value long term in this space.

Thanks for the kind words. The delisting of Boolberry from Poloniex and Bittrex was a big hit for our efforts. Given the fact that our team has been compensated in BBR it created a serious issue of liquidity in the event they needed to pay any bills. We went on nearly 3 months without an exchange before stocks.exchange listed it about a week ago. It ended up being a real test of loyalty to everyone involved but the whole team stuck together during this rough period to execute the vision.

We have two other exchanges in the works adding BBR. Cryptochangex.com and Kucoin.com and we are in talks with a couple more.

Hello b4h4mu7, I would like to ask when BBR can be on the trading platform? What's the latest solution to my BBR package update? I'm very concerned about your XDB project, and I'll follow it all the time. The last question, will BBR be perished?

Hi wenjiannin,

BBR will not perish, it will just continue to go down its current path. If Zoidberg returns then that will be a positive for BBR. Regardless of its current direction, after XDB network is launched it will follow its own path. Either way we will continue to support both projects but our main focus is getting Doubloon launched.

Thanks

I will support on social media with our infrastructure

Thank you for your support. I know we had our differences in the past on how you handled the first attempt to reboot BBR, but moving forward I'd like to publicy squash all that.

Good afternoon.
I offer the services to the manager's bounty.
All details can be discussed in PM.

Russian translation reserved

Hello,

Thank you for the interest. All bounties will be paid in BBR. I will update the ANN with a bounty section as soon as I can.
Activity: 76
December 09, 2017, 12:13:17 AM
Hello b4h4mu7, I would like to ask when BBR can be on the trading platform? What's the latest solution to my BBR package update? I'm very concerned about your XDB project, and I'll follow it all the time. The last question, will BBR be perished?
December 08, 2017, 11:55:44 PM
[1]There is already a coin named Doubloons but it has the prefix BOAT so not sure if you are aware of that name already in use for a coin or not Wink
[2]same question, is this coin new or old one with algo-changed?
Can't be the same coin the ticker isn't BOAT for this one and I don't ready anything that refers to the other Doubloon coin.

Hi there,

All valid questions that were brought up in the Boolberry thread. Let me clarify them for you:

[1]

Doubloon[BOAT] has renamed to BOAT[BOAT] this is reflected on coinmarketcap.com. That said, the developer of that project has abandoned it and the community is attempting some kind of reboot under the BOAT brand. Since they don't have moderation powers the name of the thread still shows Doubloons[BOAT].
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.24626351

The developer of that project used the Doubloon name without permission from the original Doubloon[DBL] developer. We on the other hand, acquired the naming rights (out of respect for their prior claim), from the original dev hence why we have control of the 4 years old subreddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/doubloon/). He's also changed the header of the Github for the original Doubloon[DBL] project (https://github.com/RazorLove/doubloons), which was abandoned 4 years ago, to display "These aren't the Doubloons you're looking for" then points to our subreddit.

Despite abandoning the project he still has naming rights claim to it. This is how things work in the cryptocurrency space since we are an unregulated decentralized market we need to operate in a manner that respects the prior work of others regardless of how trivial their contribution to the overall advancement of the space.

Moving forward, there will be no naming confusion or ticker confusion as there is only one Doubloon now and it will have the ticker [XDB] upon launch. Neither of the other projects had any media presence anyways so there is no footprint or overlap there to be concerned about. I hope this helps clear everything up!

[2]

This project is a planned fork of the Boolberry project scheduled for launch in Q1 2018. It has nothing in common with either of the previous Doubloon projects. The mining algo is called Itsuku and will be the first C++ implementation of this design to be released to the public. For more information please visit the OP under the "Itsuku" section.

Thanks!
Activity: 210
Merit: 102
December 08, 2017, 10:06:30 PM
Wallet style like Intensecoin

Activity: 406
D D D Denarius
December 08, 2017, 09:58:56 PM
There is already a coin named Doubloons but it has the prefix BOAT so not sure if you are aware of that name already in use for a coin or not Wink
same question, is this coin new or old one with algo-changed?
December 08, 2017, 09:54:05 PM
There is already a coin named Doubloons but it has the prefix BOAT so not sure if you are aware of that name already in use for a coin or not Wink
same question, is this coin new or old one with algo-changed?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
December 08, 2017, 09:44:32 PM

good news
Activity: 406
D D D Denarius
December 08, 2017, 09:51:17 PM
Activity: 29
December 08, 2017, 09:42:47 PM
All interesting stuff, looks like there is real momentum on the project. Congrats and way to keep this coin alive Cheesy Any word on an exchange that's going to be trading BBR soon other than Stocks.exchange? I'd like to try and buy some BBR pre fork if all possible. I had some BBR pre delisting from Bittrex but sold because I couldn't get the wallet to work. I'm not that tech savvy. I'm am a holder of other privacy coins, I think privacy proves to be the most value long term in this space.
Activity: 350
Merit: 109
December 08, 2017, 07:45:25 PM
Good afternoon.
I offer the services to the manager's bounty.
All details can be discussed in PM.
Activity: 505
Merit: 250
Activist Investor
December 08, 2017, 07:27:20 PM
Activity: 149
Merit: 10
December 08, 2017, 06:42:18 PM
Russian translation reserved
slb
Activity: 598
Merit: 501
December 08, 2017, 06:40:52 PM
reserved
December 08, 2017, 06:10:12 PM

Thank you all for the kind words about our efforts here. As stated in the OP our original path was planned as a fork upgrade from Boolberry to Doubloon. We posted an ANN on the Boolberry thread about our intentions to launch as a separate project due to the possibility of the original developer Zoidberg returning after a two years absence from active development. We've received an overwhelming amount of support from the Boolberry community through the forums, emails and PMs who have voiced their concerns about us abandoning them. So with this in mind we will be continuing with our original direction and commitment of an eventual hardfork to Doubloon sometime in Q1 2018.

Over the last 7 months when we started this endeavor we've compensated all of our researchers, developers and designers in Boolberry since we originally planned to upgrade to Doubloon due to lack of development in Boolberry. As everyone here can probably understand it creates a unique situation for everyone involved here as our prior commitment was to the Boolberry community.

For those that would like to participate in the fork you are more than welcome to mine/acquire Boolberry or wait until our network is launched to mine/acquire Doubloon. The final specs of this will be released at a later date but in layman's terms it would be executed in a similar fashion to Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash split where the Boolberry network will go in its own direction when the Doubloon network is born.

Thanks all and again apologies for the initial confusion with the ANN as this is a real conundrum us. I've updated the ANN to reflect this change.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039
December 08, 2017, 05:54:52 PM
Watching patiently. Please get in touch with us with info once it all start smoothly.. We will be happy to help you with our resources.

Pages:
Jump to: