Pages:
Author

Topic: Pre-order Bitcoin Magazine - Quality control, final revisions on proofs - page 29. (Read 93728 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Zzzz tried to order few issues, but bitpay isn't loading....

After 5 mins it loaded  Smiley

Obviously due to a huge rush to order issues because of enormous demand!  Grin

Due in part to an after Christmas Christmas special currently in play.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

Obviously due to a huge rush to order issues because of enormous demand!  Grin
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Activity: 574
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011
any news on when you'll start shipping?
legendary
I just received my lasted issue of Website Magazine. It's a highly glossed magazine consisting of 48 pages, not including the covers. It's full of content: seven featured articles and ten departments. On page 47, in the lower right quadrant, is a list of advertisers found in the previous month's issue--21 count. Throughout the whole magazine, the ads are not overbearing and well placed. My hope is that Bitcoin Magazine can pull off the same effect with their 100 page periodical.

~Bruno~ (not Bruno Pelizzari)
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
-snipped-
And it looks like you just joined him on that!  :p
legendary
Do a Google image search for "Bitcoin Furries" and it's quite possible you'll see Matt's avatar near the top.

Today, there's only 11 images. Tomorrow, when Google finishes with indexing, there'll be hundreds for the search term "Bitcoin Furries" with your current avatar in first place. The power of Google100.

~Bruno~ (not Bruno Mascolo)
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
Do a Google image search for "Bitcoin Furries" and it's quite possible you'll see Matt's avatar near the top.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Ordered 3 copies.

Hope to see the first one in the mail very soon!

Don't hold your breath. I ordered some copies as well, but I'm not expecting them until the middle of march.

Harray! Sanity! ^_^

Edit: We've got the general process down to 2 weeks automated now. This first issue has just been nuts.

I hope not all of it is just nuts. Frankly, I would guess the majority of this forum is into just boobs.

Ugh. Funny you mention that...a lot of our supporters seem to love boobs a little too much. It's been a battle to keep this magazine sexually neutral.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
Ordered 3 copies.

Don't hold your breath. I ordered some copies as well, but I'm not expecting them until the middle of march.

Harray! Sanity! ^_^

Edit: We've got the general process down to 2 weeks automated now. This first issue has just been nuts.

I hope not all of it is just nuts. Frankly, I would guess the majority of this forum is into just boobs.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722
Ordered 3 copies.

Harray! Sanity! ^_^

Is there any chance to make international shipping cheaper? At current price levels I am hesitating between 1 and 3 printed&digital issues, if I like it I'll probably continue to buy only the digital issue unless the price decreses by ~30-40%. I think you could set different prices for different markets, average wages in Europe can be as low as ca. $150-250 a month (some ex-USSR countries) or $6000 in Norway.

Can you estimate how long will it take to ship the magazine to central europe (EU)?
And what's the surprise gift / how much is it worth?  Smiley
Ordered 3 copies.

Harray! Sanity! ^_^

Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Ordered 3 copies.

Activity: 740
Hello world!
Ordered 3 copies.

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
Is it done, yet? I forgot to change my address on other magazine subscriptions and am too cheap to pay the USPS $1 "for verification purposes" to forward my mail. All I have to do while defecating is reading the ingredients of Febreeze ("fragrance," water, "deodorizer," "natural propellant" -- what a useful list) and raging against deodorant manufacturers for putting QR codes on the container. I'm going mad, man!
You guys know Bittenbob PMd me over this to ask for my new address? (Thinking in advance for once, Bitcoin Magazine was put to my current address, not my old one)

That's thoughtful customer service!
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
I bought a 12 issue subscription a few days ago.  Looking forward to receiving the first issue!
Is it done, yet? I forgot to forward my other magazine subscriptions and am too cheap to pay the USPS $1 "for verification purposes" to forward my mail. All I have to do while defecating is reading the ingredients of Febreeze ("fragrance," water, "deodorizer," "natural propellant" -- what a useful list) and raging against deodorant manufacturers for putting QR codes on the container. I'm going mad, man!

Haha I always do this. Just because I'm not eating it doesn't mean they shouldn't have to tell people whats in it, what the hell. They market that stuff to just spray around your house too. I eventually had to stop using them so I could Breath Happy .

We need this magazine, now all I have is a toothpaste box to look at.

Shit. When you put it that way, I might be inclined to leak another page or two.
Activity: 728
Is it done, yet? I forgot to forward my other magazine subscriptions and am too cheap to pay the USPS $1 "for verification purposes" to forward my mail. All I have to do while defecating is reading the ingredients of Febreeze ("fragrance," water, "deodorizer," "natural propellant" -- what a useful list) and raging against deodorant manufacturers for putting QR codes on the container. I'm going mad, man!

Haha I always do this. Just because I'm not eating it doesn't mean they shouldn't have to tell people whats in it, what the hell. They market that stuff to just spray around your house too. I eventually had to stop using them so I could Breath Happy .

We need this magazine, now all I have is a toothpaste box to look at.

rofl. Relax. It IS done in the sense that we have everything we need in order, but let me just say that people are now on their tippytoes when it comes to releasing this thing with anything but a squeaky clean image. I'm disappointed in a few things and going back and changing them, we're taking turns ganging up on the image/text work for quality control. We can only have a first issue once, and I'm sure we'll fuck it up in one minuscule way or another, but I want to minimize it as much as possible.

Tell Adam Harding (email) your new address.
Pages:
Jump to: