Pages:
Author

Topic: Pre-order Bitcoin Magazine - Quality control, final revisions on proofs - page 31. (Read 93728 times)

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin
I'm still waiting for all this shit to *blow up*  not literally figuratively  Grin  so many sketchy shit going on ...this person not involved this person is involved its like wtf! lol   people erasing things , disappearing without notifying interested parties ...  I have to admit I enjoy watching this!
*scratches head*

Nothing really happened.

Exact same thing I was thinking, that was a weird post. Matthew went on vacation and some guy had a link in his sig. Going from there to "everything blowing up" is a bit of a stretch.

is it ? Have you seen weirder stuff out there?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
I'm still waiting for all this shit to *blow up*  not literally figuratively  Grin  so many sketchy shit going on ...this person not involved this person is involved its like wtf! lol   people erasing things , disappearing without notifying interested parties ...  I have to admit I enjoy watching this!
*scratches head*

Nothing really happened.

Exact same thing I was thinking, that was a weird post. Matthew went on vacation and some guy had a link in his sig. Going from there to "everything blowing up" is a bit of a stretch.
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.
*scratches head*

Nothing really happened.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame
* There has been no official word from Matthew, do not pass any judgement about he magazine yet.

The only sane comment recently!
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Everytime I go to sleep.... Christ.

Since this magazine is something from the community and for the community, naturally we want to include the community as much as possible. That seldom ends up in including people who are all exactly the same in every way. I didn't know Paraipan had an issue with Bitcoinica because paraipan is not in the DCAO (where we usually discuss issues openly and find solutions before taking action) but now that I do, I've explained some things that everyone here will find out soon as well and will clear up everything.

There is nothing wrong with paraipan doing what he did though given the information that he had. He doesn't know Zhoutong like I do, nor did he bother to research Singaporean law and get to the bottom of all the legalities of Bitcoinica. Absolutely nothing will come of the police report paraipan filed, and within a month the information paraipan wanted will be made available to the entire community anyway so please don't be so butthurt about it.

Also, paraipan speaks Spanish and English. He wants to be a part of the magazine translating. Whenever I can use him, I will. Just...let's start asking questions first people. There are literally thinktanks just sitting around waiting for inquiries and everyone seems to just get bored and run off on tangents.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Dear Bitcointalk.org users,

We at Bitcoin Magazine, were unaware of the actions or intentions of the user paraipan and subsequently asked him to remove the reference to Bitcoin Magazine in his signature. He volunteered to work for the magazine as a Spanish translator but has not had any direct involvement with the development of the magazine to date. His actions do not in any way reflect the opinions of Bitcoin Magazine. His future at the magazine is pending further discussion.

Sincerely,

Bitcoin Magazine

I read this in Herme's voice.

Anyways, as a Bitcoin Magazine customer that knows Matthew is a convicted BitcoinTalk scammer, this couldn't change my view of the magazine in any way.

Matthew has kindly suggested that I put a disclaimer at end of all troll posts, so here it is.
Jon
donator
Activity: 98
Merit: 12
No Gods; No Masters; Only You

We at Bitcoin Magazine, were unaware of the actions or intentions of the user paraipan and subsequently asked him to remove the reference to Bitcoin Magazine in his signature. He volunteered to work for the magazine as a Spanish translator but has not had any direct involvement with the development of the magazine to date. His actions do not in any way reflect the opinions of Bitcoin Magazine. His future at the magazine is pending further discussion.

Sincerely,

Bitcoin Magazine

I read this in Herme's voice.

Anyways, as a Bitcoin Magazine customer that knows Matthew is a convicted BitcoinTalk scammer, this couldn't change my view of the magazine in any way.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

Sincerely,

Bitcoin Magazine

Appreciate the response! Cheers!
Activity: 560

We at Bitcoin Magazine were unaware of the actions or intentions of the user paraipan and subsequently asked him to remove the reference to Bitcoin Magazine in his signature. He volunteered to work for the magazine as a Spanish translator but has not had any direct involvement with the development of the magazine to date. His actions do not in any way reflect the opinions of Bitcoin Magazine. His future at the magazine is pending further discussion.

Sincerely,

Bitcoin Magazine
Activity: 308
So, paraipan's link to Bitcoin Magazine was just removed from his signature with no response in this thread.

Does this indicate that he is involved in the magazine, and you all are trying to keep it quiet until it blows over?

i was asked politely to remove the link. Have been invited to be a part of the Bitcoin Magazine team as a spanish translator and I have contributed nothing of importance to the Magazine until this date. I will gladly keep up the good work if the team doesn't want me to leave.

Thanks for clearing that up.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
So, paraipan's link to Bitcoin Magazine was just removed from his signature with no response in this thread.

Does this indicate that he is involved in the magazine, and you all are trying to keep it quiet until it blows over?

i was asked politely to remove the link. Have been invited to be a part of the Bitcoin Magazine team as a spanish translator and I have contributed nothing of importance to the Magazine until this date. I will gladly keep up the good work if the team doesn't want me to leave.
* There has been no official word from Matthew, do not pass any judgement about the magazine yet.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

Also interested in a response addressing this.

To what extent is Bitcoin Magazine associated with user paraipan? I ask because he is advertising the magazine in his signature.

See this thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/legal-complaint-against-bitcoinicacom-64176

He filed a legal complaint against Bitcoinica with the Spanish police because he has an issue with potential money laundering and/or unregulated speculation. 

All the while, he has a little "business" selling fiat currency for Bitcoins.  (Which somehow doesn't have the potential money laundering problems... really...)

Seems like the petty move of a spiteful bitter man.

I hope Bitcoin Magazine isn't associated with him in any way.  If you are I won't be ordering any more issues after this first one.  What is your refund policy by the way?

Activity: 686
Wat

For those saying that I went AWOL 'without notifying anyone', I'm pretty sure about 50 people or so knew exactly where I was. I'm kind of pissed no one bothered to fucking defend me, but such is bitcointalk.org. On that note, we'll be posting regularly on the website (not his thread) with updates on the progress of the magazine so everyone can get their fill.

Jeez , everybody here is completely paranoid. The guy is "missing" for a few days and you
are about to pickup the torches and pitchforks...  chill down.

+1  Cool

+2

+3

hahahaa, I loved this.

Also, Matthew, I hope this is earning me some points with the DCAO!

At least people missed you Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031

For those saying that I went AWOL 'without notifying anyone', I'm pretty sure about 50 people or so knew exactly where I was. I'm kind of pissed no one bothered to fucking defend me, but such is bitcointalk.org. On that note, we'll be posting regularly on the website (not his thread) with updates on the progress of the magazine so everyone can get their fill.

Jeez , everybody here is completely paranoid. The guy is "missing" for a few days and you
are about to pickup the torches and pitchforks...  chill down.

+1  Cool

+2

+3

hahahaa, I loved this.

Also, Matthew, I hope this is earning me some points with the DCAO!
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
How come you can't order just the digital version with bitcoin?

I can accept that order manually through the website's email contact but for the moment our system isn't set up to allow pre release purchases of downloadable goods.

Update: flatplan was all finished last night. Had some issues with some of the photos for a few of the articles and now it is being handled. Final layouts will take up to 3 days, followed by an additional group verification process of each page. Also changed printers due to a shipping and ordering restriction.
donator
Activity: 490
How come you can't order just the digital version with bitcoin?
Pages:
Jump to: