Pages:
Author

Topic: Predictious.com | The Premier Bitcoin Prediction Market | Trade & Win Bitcoins! - page 17. (Read 33273 times)

Activity: 304
Merit: 102
Can you explain why all of the candidates for Time's Person of the Year are bid at 9.90?

Doesn't this mean that they're ALL enormous favorites to win?

Shouldn't they all be Sells at 9.90 instead, as there's probably no clear cut favorite?
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
I like the idea behind the site, but you definitely need to do something to get more users. Barely any of the bets even have both buys and sells. You might have to do some sort of promo to get more users.
Thanks, I really like the site btw. Had some luck with the DOW. Considering adding VIX bets to your site? I'd probably do really well on those  Tongue
For example, "VIX to close above the previous day's close on 10/25/2013."

Thanks for the suggestion! We've now added the following market on Predictious:
Activity: 352
I really like the design of your site. Looks professional and a smart way to connect different kinds of predictive gambling onto one website.
Activity: 448
I'm confused as to what "sell" means.

Does sell mean I'm selling someone else the binary option, i.e, I'm issuing it, so if it DOES happen I'll have to pay out 0.01 BTC / share?

Or does it mean if it DOESN'T happen, I'll make 0.01 BTC / share?

@theonewhowaskazu: When you short sell at say mBTC4 per share that means you will have to pay a collateral of mBTC10-mBTC4 = mBTC6 per share. If you win (the event does not happen), you get back your collateral (mBTC6) + mBTC4 = mBTC10. If you lose (the event did happen), you lose your collateral (mBTC6).
Don't hesitate if you have more questions.

New Markets:

Thanks, I really like the site btw. Had some luck with the DOW. Considering adding VIX bets to your site? I'd probably do really well on those  Tongue

For example, "VIX to close above the previous day's close on 10/25/2013."

Does sell mean I'm selling someone else the binary option, i.e, I'm issuing it, so if it DOES happen I'll have to pay out 0.01 BTC / share?

@theonewhowaskazu: When you short sell at say mBTC4 per share that means you will have to pay a collateral of mBTC10-mBTC4 = mBTC6 per share. If you win (the event does not happen), you get back your collateral (mBTC6) + mBTC4 = mBTC10. If you lose (the event did happen), you lose your collateral (mBTC6).
Don't hesitate if you have more questions.

New Markets:
Activity: 448

Excellent idea after hubdub and intrade. Is it possible to create our own questions (markets)?

You can send us market suggestions, however we don't allow users to directly submit markets as we want to make sure they meet certain guidelines.

New Markets posted today:
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
Excellent idea after hubdub and intrade. As previous poster noticed, liquidity could be the main problem of prediction markets. Is it possible to create our own questions (markets)?

I think this would be a good idea. It would make the site an alternative to existing sites like bit bet and bets of Bitcoin.
Activity: 308
ancap
Excellent idea after hubdub and intrade. As previous poster noticed, liquidity could be the main problem of prediction markets. Is it possible to create our own questions (markets)?
You have a fantastic idea here, I just don't think you are executing the sports side of it the right way. Why do you have two contracts for each side of the same game? You are effectively cutting the liquidity pool in half for no good reason that I can think of.
Don't worry, our system is smart enough to not cut the liquidities.

The best setup would be if they cancelled all orders when the game starts, and then left the contract open for live betting until the game ends.
Yes, we are working on options to do this.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Thanks! But that's a little weird, they should close after the game ends. You are going to have to declare a winner yourself anyway, I don't see anything wrong with the contract being live until then.

The best setup would be if they cancelled all orders when the game starts, and then left the contract open for live betting until the game ends.
Activity: 147
You have a fantastic idea here, I just don't think you are executing the sports side of it the right way. Why do you have two contracts for each side of the same game? You are effectively cutting the liquidity pool in half for no good reason that I can think of.

Do you remember tradesports? They had the right idea. You need two contracts per game. One with a straight up winner, and one with a spread. For example:

GiantsVsBears.Bears 
GiantsVsBears.Bears -9.5

That's it. If people want the Bears, they go long... If they want the Giants, they go short. It's simple and it basically doubles the market depth per contract compared to the system you are using now.

I would love to see your site take off and become the next betfair, but tradesports style.
Thanks! But that's a little weird, they should close after the game ends. You are going to have to declare a winner yourself anyway, I don't see anything wrong with the contract being live until then.
Why do the NFL game contracts end when the game starts? Why not allow trading all the way through until the game ends?
We received this feedback and changed the time of most games so that the contracts close 2h after the beginning of the game.

New contracts added today:
This looks awesome Smiley

Why do the NFL game contracts end when the game starts? Why not allow trading all the way through until the game ends?
Pages:
Jump to: