Pages:
Author

Topic: Predictious.com | The Premier Bitcoin Prediction Market | Trade & Win Bitcoins! - page 12. (Read 33272 times)

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563
MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice
If this site ever gains liquidity I think it would be awesome.  As is, can't use it.
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
My deposit isn't arrived after 28 confirmations : 7a0dfb2b89fcab6cb140abe947a5600d8d1b06a52fa46153e7b0156c70add5c7

Yes unfortunately we are still experiencing some delays with some of the deposits due to the blockchain.info outage, but we confirm funds are safe. Don't hesitate to contact us.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We published a new article on our blog: Predictious users correctly predicted the Oscars’ winners

The article is OK but you need to do something about all the link spam in the comments.

Thanks for the heads up, we've now removed the spam comments.
Activity: 449

We published a new article on our blog: Predictious users correctly predicted the Oscars’ winners

The article is OK but you need to do something about all the link spam in the comments.
Absolutely not, this is a violation of Google's terms of service.  You're probably going to get your google authentication API privileges yanked for printing that both here and on your website.
Thanks for raising your concerns. As far as we know, it is not in violation with Google's terms of service. Please point us to the clause in question if you think it is, and we will look into it.

Google also reserves the right to lock your account and require a working SMS-receiving cell phone number to identify you before unlocking it (even if you never gave them your phone number in the first place).  They claim this is some sort of anti-spammer thing.  
This has never been a problem with any Predictious user so far. We will work with any user who finds themselves in that situation to make sure they can access their funds some other way.

I am not going to trust my coins to an organization that (a) will let google lock me out of my deposits and (b) can't figure out how to use a standard like OpenID.  This is extra surprising since google's authentication APIs are basically just a proprietization of OpenID.
By only allowing Google, we ensure every user gets a consistent level of security we are comfortable with. If the question of authentication becomes a recurring issue brought up by users, we will definitely look at offering alternatives.

Sad, really.  You've got a nice little site but clearly the security is not thought through well at all.  You have major technological counterparty risk and seem to be unaware of it.
There is actually no counterparty risk. From the point of view of Predictious, users are identified by their email addresses. Should there be a problem with Google, we could easily swap it out for a different mechanism.

We hope our answers will help, happy to follow up if you have more things to raise.

donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
felonious vagrancy, personified
Yes, you do need a google account, it only takes a few minutes to create one, and if privacy is a concern you do not have to enter your real name when creating it.
Here are the reasons why we've decided to use google for our authentication system.

People who already have a Google account and don’t mind using it (the case of most people) have one less password to remember and one less account to secure. For people who don’t have a Google account, or don’t want to use the one they already own, they can easily create a new one, with fake personal information, and use it to access Predictious.

Absolutely not, this is a violation of Google's terms of service.  You're probably going to get your google authentication API privileges yanked for printing that both here and on your website.

Google also reserves the right to lock your account and require a working SMS-receiving cell phone number to identify you before unlocking it (even if you never gave them your phone number in the first place).  They claim this is some sort of anti-spammer thing.  I am not going to trust my coins to an organization that (a) will let google lock me out of my deposits and (b) can't figure out how to use a standard like OpenID.  This is extra surprising since google's authentication APIs are basically just a proprietization of OpenID.

Sad, really.  You've got a nice little site but clearly the security is not thought through well at all.  You have major technological counterparty risk and seem to be unaware of it.
Pages:
Jump to: