Pages:
Author

Topic: PRISM - Who else is disgusted by this? - page 13. (Read 41124 times)

Activity: 199
Merit: 100
Yes!  People are just pretending to care about what the NSA is doing, while their actions say they don't give a crap about what happens to their private data.

Emailing, skyping, and searching isn't indicative of a lack of giving a crap. 
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
Honestly the biggest chock should not be that Keith Alexander (NSA) is a horny bastard for private data, or whores like Zuckerberg (FB) and Larry Page (GOOG) bending over for NSA.

The issue is how foolishly we internet users share so much private data without considering the risk of the data getting in to the wrong hands.
Yes!  People are just pretending to care about what the NSA is doing, while their actions say they don't give a crap about what happens to their private data.
Logical error of the style 'false generalization', broad brushing a subject.

Activity: 328
Merit: 250
Honestly the biggest chock should not be that Keith Alexander (NSA) is a horny bastard for private data, or whores like Zuckerberg (FB) and Larry Page (GOOG) bending over for NSA.

The issue is how foolishly we internet users share so much private data without considering the risk of the data getting in to the wrong hands.
Activity: 125
Merit: 10
Seecrypt might be useful in all this, and much better priced than SilentCircle.

They also now have a partnership with an encrypted email service called Poosty, which is based in Sweden...

Hopefully, they'll accept Bitcoins some day.  Huh

legendary

What facebook really is about for NSA, what they care about:
-WHO: getting info about each individuals social network, they know exactly who you know.
-WHERE: knowing where you are every day (every time you login to FB the GPS/IP data is logged). Some idiots even report themselves with "Check In".
-WHAT: searching for keywords used in your status updates, or private messages.
-BONUS: getting info about people that are smart enough to not be members of FB. But info about them might end up at FB when they are in pictures that you upload.

"Report themselves", lol that's great. I really do find it stupid that people feel the need to publish every detail of their lives and what they are doing as each and every day goes on. The total depth of this crap is show in exhibit A below:

"John Doe is at the car wash"

"Michelle Q. - I'm @ McDonald's yaaay Smiley"

"Mike M. - Taking a huge shit right now at my house!!!"

Pointless, unintelligible garbage.
It's a handy, dandy, CB radio!

But that has nothing to do with whether the government should collect and store all the chatter for your lifetime.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

-WHO: getting info about each individuals social network, they know exactly who you know.
-WHERE: knowing where you are every day (every time you login to FB the GPS/IP data is logged). Some idiots even report themselves with "Check In".
-BONUS: getting info about people that are smart enough to not be members of FB. But info about them might end up at FB when they are in pictures that you upload.

"Report themselves", lol that's great. I really do find it stupid that people feel the need to publish every detail of their lives and what they are doing as each and every day goes on. The total depth of this crap is show in exhibit A below:

"John Doe is at the car wash"

"Michelle Q. - I'm @ McDonald's yaaay Smiley"

"Mike M. - Taking a huge shit right now at my house!!!"

Pointless, unintelligible garbage.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021
void itIsWhatItIs() {
    std::string Corporations[] = { "banks", "military", "agencies", "hospitals", "transportation", "etc" };
    std::string Proletariat[] = { "good", "honest", "strong" };
}

int main() {
    auto Country = "America";
    itIsWhatItIs();
    Proletariat += { "American" };
    if (Proletariat[0] != "good") {
        std::cout << "Error! Database error. Userland compromised. Recommend beginning escape sequence." << std::endl;
        return 1;
    }
    else {
        std::cout << "Everything is good... oh wait, that sounds too good to be tru-

SEGMENTATION FAULT. FATAL ERROR!!!

lol, I'm bored. Prism honestly sounds god-awful.

funny, but sad  Sad
Activity: 165
696B6111
Activity: 633
Merit: 768
BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

I never left firefox, chrome is crap.

I was damn naive at that time.

I was blind and could not see the true power of the open source community.

Governments will never completly shut up that community. No matter what.

Google, Apple, MS, FB etc, never trust that commercial closed source stuff...

That's the lesson!
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003
At first I was thinking FF plugin, but just to spite the bastards, let's make it a Chrome extension.

Next problem?

I can't dare to use chrome/chromium anymore after Google sold his soul to NSA.  Undecided

I'm back to my old and beloved Firefox wife.

I should have never betrayed her...LOL

I never left firefox, chrome is crap.
Activity: 434
In Hashrate We Trust!

Activity: 434
In Hashrate We Trust!
At first I was thinking FF plugin, but just to spite the bastards, let's make it a Chrome extension.

Next problem?

I can't dare to use chrome/chromium anymore after Google sold his soul to NSA.  Undecided

I uninstalled all Google SpyWare after this issue.
legendary

Next problem?

I can't dare to use chrome/chromium anymore after Google sold his soul to NSA. Grin

Google ....  a total slut.
BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

Next problem?

legendary
I've seen some people reporting that ixquick is better than duckduckgo.  I've tried duckduckgo before and thought the results were so extraordinarily bad that I couldn't use it.

There's also Startpage.com (also provided by Ixquick) where they claim to provide "complete privacy" as mentioned in their words as follows:

"Startpage offers you Web search results from Google in complete privacy!"

"When you search with Startpage, we remove all identifying information from your query and submit it anonymously to Google ourselves. We get the results and return them to you in total privacy."

"Your IP address is never recorded, your visit is not logged, and no tracking cookies are placed on your browser. When it comes to protecting your privacy, Startpage runs the tightest ship on the Internet. Our outstanding privacy policy and thoughtful engineering give you great search results in total anonymity."

Good luck trying...
OH???  Okay, try this.

Peer to peer Google request anonimizer.

Each request is sent to a random peer, then bounced back to sender.

Next problem?
Activity: 168
June 19, 2013, 02:33:17 PM
"Wake to see - your true emancipation is a fantasy.
Policies have risen up and overcome the brave." -- Muse
BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC
June 18, 2013, 10:42:23 PM
I've seen some people reporting that ixquick is better than duckduckgo.  I've tried duckduckgo before and thought the results were so extraordinarily bad that I couldn't use it.

There's also Startpage.com (also provided by Ixquick) where they claim to provide "complete privacy" as mentioned in their words as follows:

"Startpage offers you Web search results from Google in complete privacy!"

"When you search with Startpage, we remove all identifying information from your query and submit it anonymously to Google ourselves. We get the results and return them to you in total privacy."

"Your IP address is never recorded, your visit is not logged, and no tracking cookies are placed on your browser. When it comes to protecting your privacy, Startpage runs the tightest ship on the Internet. Our outstanding privacy policy and thoughtful engineering give you great search results in total anonymity."

Good luck trying...
Activity: 182
order in numbers
June 18, 2013, 08:22:50 PM
I don't know why this would come as a surprise to anyone with even the most basic understanding of governments. There's really nothing to be surprised about. Analogous operations have been ongoing for many decades among almost every developed "democracy" and not-so-democracy under the sun. This is the state. This is what it does.
Activity: 126
June 18, 2013, 06:20:56 PM
I'd like to suggest a fixed topic about PRISM surveillance and inside that topic some info like that available at http://prism-break.org/
A fixed topic about PRISM should be in place but i would say it wont help much.
In Europe the try to make it mandatory to have every new car registered from October 2015 be fitted with the "112-eCall-System"
it means that your car is tracked 24/7 How much information is collected and sent is anyone's goes. will it come with an always on in-build microphone and internal, external cameras?
Welcome to the future
I don't think cameras and mic's would be tolerated and they would serve almost no purpose in that system (although monitoring systems like that are very popular in Poland as personal protection in disputes over collisions). That system has no reliance to prism though, it only has reliance to European states road infrastructure and in effect is no different from requiring cars to be licensed and roadworthy. If it also tracked your phones GPS data or mast signals to verify who was driving and sent the data to US government spy agency servers then it would be an issue.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechconsidered/2013/03/20/174827589/yes-your-new-car-has-a-black-box-wheres-the-off-switch

The US car market already has an "EDR" in the vast majority of new cars. 

The problem is who owns the data in it.

Personally, I believe that as the owner of the car, I should own the data in the EDR and access to it should require a warrant.  Sadly, it seems that is not how it is being treated today.

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
June 18, 2013, 05:49:09 PM
void itIsWhatItIs() {
    std::string Corporations[] = { "banks", "military", "agencies", "hospitals", "transportation", "etc" };
    std::string Proletariat[] = { "good", "honest", "strong" };
}

int main() {
    auto Country = "America";
    itIsWhatItIs();
    Proletariat += { "American" };
    if (Proletariat[0] != "good") {
        std::cout << "Error! Database error. Userland compromised. Recommend beginning escape sequence." << std::endl;
        return 1;
    }
    else {
        std::cout << "Everything is good... oh wait, that sounds too good to be tru-

SEGMENTATION FAULT. FATAL ERROR!!!

lol, I'm bored. Prism honestly sounds god-awful.
Pages:
Jump to: