Pages:
Author

Topic: PRISM - Who else is disgusted by this? - page 5. (Read 41124 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
August 04, 2013, 11:53:27 PM

And yes, I think it is pretty clear that the US government has supplied 'Al Queda' with weapons periodically since the Soviets were in Afghanistan.  Happened in the Balkans struggles under Clinton (I believe) and it is almost certainly happening now big time in Syria under Obama.

Pretty much just like I said.

Qutb has no exact English spelling by the way, and when I posted the diatribe on the radical religious underpinnings, that does not mean there are no political currents.  No, I wasn't referring to the doc, although he essentially does have the same roots.

The disciples of Qutb are our enemies, no if ands buts.  That means Al Queda, the Muslim Brotherhood.

So yeah, Obama and cronies is with our enemies.

In saying this I realize that no doubt in some complex regional conflict some local Al Queda or M. Brotherhood group might find themselves on our side temporarily under shifting conditions, that is largely irrelevant except to third rate policy hacks.

I am no expert on Middle East, but I do know the antics of amateurs and that's what I'm seeing in our flailing actions for the last several years.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
August 04, 2013, 11:14:54 PM
Wouldnt surprise me at all if they cease all operations and activities or even sponsor some radicals until the public cries for their help and thus all their secret programs. Would be just the logical consequence to justify their crimes from an institution point of view.
I'll go for that.

Stop Obama supporting Al Queda, sending them weapons under the table.

"  Al Queda " is just a puppet.

No, it would be nice if it was that simple.  But Muslims will not tell you that. 

Al Queda's leader was OBL, disciple of Sayyed Qutbe.  He was head of the Muslim Brotherhood under Nassir and was executed for treason.  Qutbe wrote a series of pamplets or "books", essentially extensions to the Koran.  Believers in that crap are the radical Muslims who started attacking the west, and it continues today.

OBL mostly bought his way in as best I can tell, and probably using some of my tax dollars as he was a CIA asset back in those days...and I personally suspect that he still is.  You are probably thinking the medical doctor Iman Al-Zawari (sp?) who was the leader of the more extreme group that OBL became associated with, and who was strongly influenced by his Egyptian countryman Qutbe (sp?)

As I understand things Al Queda translates to 'the base', and it was a database of individuals who our intelligence services knew about and could call on for various operations, though that does not necessarily mean that they are employees or anything such as that.  OBL didn't start using the moniker 'Al Queda' for 'his' organization until our court system used the word in association with legal action against some incidence of terrorism.  The first WTC attack or a boat attack IIRC.

I strongly suggest the documentary http://archive.org/details/ThePowerOfNightmares-Episode1BabyItsColdOutside for anyone interested in this stuff.  It's fascinating (to me.)

And yes, I think it is pretty clear that the US government has supplied 'Al Queda' with weapons periodically since the Soviets were in Afghanistan.  Happened in the Balkans struggles under Clinton (I believe) and it is almost certainly happening now big time in Syria under Obama.

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
August 04, 2013, 08:41:42 PM
Woowoo bogeyman alert, time to justify the NSA and GCHQ spying activities...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/04/nsa-us-embassy-closures-terrorist-threat
I wouldn't put it past them, since they've already openly crossed numerous boundaries that not all that long ago would have led to a civil war. Woah Man people were crazy back then, weren't they?!! - Thank God that we live in these times when people handle things by talking them out!
August 04, 2013, 08:37:32 PM
Its your responsibility to not give out informations you dont want to

This cannot be realistically done by most people in today's modern society. The internet has become a necessary part of life for most of us.

BTW, it seems that tor is having some sort of "outage" and may be under attack because a great many sites are down. Some onion posters are claiming that tor sites are "updating" but that's crazy - how could some 80% of the sites that I normally visit all be updating at the same time? Plus very few sites work when random surfing.

What's your opinion of tor vs vpn?  And of vpn with the terminal node in the US, for a US user, versus choosing one overseas?

Tails first, Tor standalone second (using linux os and one other security recommendation which I will only give via pm), vpn second choice (because here you're trusting your privacy to third party that could be arm-twisted.). Overseas is prob. better. TorrentFreak has a great list of the best choices with detailed explanations. Tails over vpn is prob. very good. Then the best-bet overall is a new laptop purchased while in disguise, paid with cash, then walking blocks away to a fast-food restaurant bathroom to get out of disguise...then back to your car and home....and thereafter accessing only "other" open wifi networks. Of course, I don't go to that extreme measure - because I need convenient everyday access at home. Then again I suppose I could use a neighbors network but I wouldn't do that without permission ...because that just wouldn't be right.

BTW, I'm really enjoying the high-level of convo here! The one obvious jack-booted boot-licking paid shill disinfo agent notwithstanding... Wink
legendary
August 04, 2013, 08:13:46 PM
Wouldnt surprise me at all if they cease all operations and activities or even sponsor some radicals until the public cries for their help and thus all their secret programs. Would be just the logical consequence to justify their crimes from an institution point of view.
I'll go for that.

No, it would be nice if it was that simple.  But Muslims will not tell you that. 

Al Queda's leader was OBL, disciple of Sayyed Qutbe.  He was head of the Muslim Brotherhood under Nassir and was executed for treason.  Qutbe wrote a series of pamplets or "books", essentially extensions to the Koran.  Believers in that crap are the radical Muslims who started attacking the west, and it continues today.

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
August 04, 2013, 07:21:08 PM
I'll go for that.

legendary
August 04, 2013, 07:20:05 PM
I'll go for that.

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
August 04, 2013, 06:21:41 PM
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
August 04, 2013, 06:07:39 PM
Woowoo bogeyman alert, time to justify the NSA and GCHQ spying activities...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/04/nsa-us-embassy-closures-terrorist-threat
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
August 04, 2013, 12:04:49 AM
But are you asserting that under the VPN/Tor Evil Twins, the question of locus outside or inside the US does not exist?

And also, I think my prior question remains as valid, for those modes of use that can't allow the sllllooooooowwwww down that seems to plague Tor.
It depends on what you're trying to access and your threat model.

A VPN alone will protect you from ISP-level surveillance, but the VPN provider can compromise your privacy. That might be an acceptable risk if the provider is located in a different country.

Tor is potentially more secure if used correctly, but many web sites block Tor exit nodes.

I'd like to see some VPN providers allow access to their system via I2P, as that network is better optimized for hidden services so should get better performance than a Tor connection.
legendary
August 03, 2013, 11:36:10 PM
BTW, it seems that tor is having some sort of "outage" and may be under attack because a great many sites are down. Some onion posters are claiming that tor sites are "updating" but that's crazy - how could some 80% of the sites that I normally visit all be updating at the same time? Plus very few sites work when random surfing.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/2013-08-03-independentie-founder-of-the-freedom-hosting-tormail-arrested-267624

What's your opinion of tor vs vpn?  And of vpn with the terminal node in the US, for a US user, versus choosing one overseas?
The greatest security (along with the greatest performance cost) comes from using both.

Sign up for a VPN that uses a standard OpenVPN client (like AirVPN), and configure your OpenVPN software to connect via Tor. That way the VPN provider can't know where you're accessing from, and you can access web sites that block known Tor exit nodes.
Done.

But are you asserting that under the VPN/Tor Evil Twins, the question of locus outside or inside the US does not exist?

And also, I think my prior question remains as valid, for those modes of use that can't allow the sllllooooooowwwww down that seems to plague Tor.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
August 03, 2013, 11:19:00 PM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/2013-08-03-independentie-founder-of-the-freedom-hosting-tormail-arrested-267624

What's your opinion of tor vs vpn?  And of vpn with the terminal node in the US, for a US user, versus choosing one overseas?
The greatest security (along with the greatest performance cost) comes from using both.

Sign up for a VPN that uses a standard OpenVPN client (like AirVPN), and configure your OpenVPN software to connect via Tor. That way the VPN provider can't know where you're accessing from, and you can access web sites that block known Tor exit nodes.
legendary
August 03, 2013, 11:11:42 PM

This cannot be realistically done by most people in today's modern society. The internet has become a necessary part of life for most of us.

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
August 03, 2013, 08:11:09 PM

legendary
August 03, 2013, 04:49:50 PM

Generally speaking, it should not be terribly difficult to overload or confuse many of the survailence systems when the details of how the function are leaked or inferred.  Similarly, sprinkling a little extra 'doubt' into things makes the systems vastly less usable.  At least unless things get so bad that there is summary punishment on suspicion.  We see this (summary execution based on suspicion) in the 'signature strike' drone activity, but so far only on foreign soil.  If/when widespread use of the general technique moves domestic in a big way there will be a significant social backlash since white people will have friends and relatives who are impacted.

Along these lines, I by happenstance receive a spam mail every few minutes because I've owned my domain for decades.  I also invent a new e-mail address for each different use.  It was not my initial plan to thwart analysis, but it's probably causing a lot of grief for the poor schmuck who pulls me up on his XKeyscore terminal.

Most of the posters to this thread I have learned something I did not think of previously.

Rather unusual...
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
August 03, 2013, 12:37:02 PM

Generally speaking, it should not be terribly difficult to overload or confuse many of the survailence systems when the details of how the function are leaked or inferred.  Similarly, sprinkling a little extra 'doubt' into things makes the systems vastly less usable.  At least unless things get so bad that there is summary punishment on suspicion.  We see this (summary execution based on suspicion) in the 'signature strike' drone activity, but so far only on foreign soil.  If/when widespread use of the general technique moves domestic in a big way there will be a significant social backlash since white people will have friends and relatives who are impacted.

Along these lines, I by happenstance receive a spam mail every few minutes because I've owned my domain for decades.  I also invent a new e-mail address for each different use.  It was not my initial plan to thwart analysis, but it's probably causing a lot of grief for the poor schmuck who pulls me up on his XKeyscore terminal.

legendary
August 03, 2013, 10:11:34 AM

Sweet!  A solution of this general nature will kill several birds with one stone.

I like it.  In fact since I've stopped using the Chrome spybrowser, I can start using it again just as a identity-spam machine.  Give someone a list of a million sets of personal data and he can generate a million identity-spam copies of Chrome.

Think of the possibilities:  Your spam against their evil.

Take that Google.

More general statement of the user's problem.

Request:  app on phone link to/read contacts private data?
Request:  facebook, app read contacts and private data?
Request:  Computer app, read and link to Facebook?
Request:  Linkedin, read contacts?
Request:  Google+, link to .....

And you have really no way to know what any of these services is actually doing, do you?
Activity: 116
August 03, 2013, 04:39:19 AM
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
August 03, 2013, 04:29:00 AM

And I thought the true solution was to implement a search engine utilizing the namecoin design with a different protocol hehe nice idea TF
Pages:
Jump to: