Pages:
Author

Topic: Proof of Stake Investment - HBN/PHS/TEK/CAP and more - page 4. (Read 15492 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Why did you leave out NXT?
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
POS coins are the future! Shame that you don't consider NXT.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
RE inflation: All of these coins have a total coin cap - so they are just like BTC in that manner. However, where it comes to the ROI % - if you read the first post about novacoin and its model - which is used by NVC, HBN, and TEK you can see that the % will vary based upon stake difficulty which takes into account the number of coins on the market. They all start at their max ROI, but fall off to a minimum of 1% based upon the coins in the market. Thus, I believe they have inflation well under control. NVC for example started out at 100% but it is currently ~40%.
Is there a place where one can get the actual NVCS rate? I guess it is it impossible to have an exact number, since we don't know which wallet are exchanges (and so don't stack) and which ones are just not opened. But can we get an estimate?

It also appears to me than the staking coin are only worth it the first month or years, since eventually, people will stake more and more. OTOH hand, if you take a look at NVC chart and if it means anything, how can you promote NVC, whose price is fally consistently?
https://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/pair/nvc/btc/btc-e
https://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/pair/nvc/btc/cryptsy/alltime

That is why I make the following StakeHunter pledge:
I will sell 25% of my stake every month.
Interesting, I'll think about it.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I prefer the just sit back and watch approach instead of the stress of hoping a trade will go your way.
+1. Although with practice, it's more than guessing - but still dangerous and uncertain.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
TEKcoin has been getting some love over here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=320404.260 big thanks to all who have pitched in. There is a new logo and wallet with coin control.

40% stake every 30 days under 750k minted since sept. With the updates and the community starting to build, last month was a great and the future looks amazing.

TEK IS THE REAL FUTURE OF POS !!! <3 i love it !
Activity: 714
Skol!
I am prepared to do battle on the orderbook if they want to battle me.

Ha ha I think HBN is a little overpriced right now so I am getting cheap PHS and TEK right now Wink

Pick you battles man!

I'll buy into HBN when it has a crash.
but HBN doesnt have crashes

True. HBN has one of the most stable markets in altcoins.

diff went from 1.8 to 13.

What will happen to the price?
Activity: 966
Merit: 513
Just need PHS to gain like HBN and will make me very happy  Smiley

...then surely you're voting every 24hrs to have PHS added to allcrypt.com or mintpal every hour. Cryptsy's PHS wallet is once again offline as I write this. Most likely this is due to one of their idiotic techs tripping on a cord or forgetting how to install a simple update.

https://www.allcrypt.com/voting
https://www.mintpal.com/voting
Activity: 516
CAT.EX Exchange
I don't like coins less than 50% stake. They can get rocked by the market easily. One downswing and you will never recoup your losses with stake. If you're going to keep them, do so because you think they will become popular/appreciate. The stake is just gravy then. For ex I mined Fluttercoin in the beginning because the dev is super active. I'm holding on just because it is popular not for the small change stake of 5%.

HBNs skyrocket makes me wish I never sold of my 30K...oh well I kept a lot too and it is growing.

From your last sentence you are just speculating, which is OK but don't misunderstand it as investing. POS coins are worth investing in because they are secure. Paste something over from another thread:

The purpose of POS is to secure the network. POS reward is paid to secure the network by minting. High % return of POS is just a self-diluting game that puts a downward pressure on the coin's price, hence doesn't offer real return as "interest".

POS reward should be very small because it really doesn't take a lot of work to mint.  Over-rewarding is just printing money.
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
I don't like coins less than 50% stake. They can get rocked by the market easily. One downswing and you will never recoup your losses with stake. If you're going to keep them, do so because you think they will become popular/appreciate. The stake is just gravy then. For ex I mined Fluttercoin in the beginning because the dev is super active. I'm holding on just because it is popular not for the small change stake of 5%.

HBNs skyrocket makes me wish I never sold of my 30K...oh well I kept a lot too and it is growing.
Opinions on Zeitcoin stakehunter? It's 25% with a low cost of admission and a virtually non-existent PoW component with reward at 1/block.

Zeitcoin is the same as Mintcoin - stay away unless you want to gamble on the price going up.

Look for DMD to make a rise if they can get the POS working. It is supposed to be 50%.

Thanks for taking the time, though I'm somewhat confused by your response. I mean you're right, Zeitcoin does seem to be based on Mintcoin, but with a higher payout(25% vs 20%) and a much lower pricetag(11 vs 4). Both seem to have good support and large communities, though obviously Mint is more established. I've stacked some of each anyway, so I guess I'll see which pays off the best going forward.

I keep checking into the DMD thread to monitor progress, but I have to say I've found the responses to be less  than awe inspiring.
Activity: 779

Ha ha I think HBN is a little overpriced right now so I am getting cheap PHS and TEK right now Wink

Pick you battles man!

but HBN doesnt have crashes
Activity: 676
What do you think about Battlecoin? Does it have any future?
Now it's 60x cheaper than HBN, but I wonder where it will go (considering devs activity and future plans).
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

Pick you battles man!

legendary
Activity: 1260

legendary
Activity: 1876
communitycoins another interesting one, pure pos, 30% pa, and only 1 day mint age.

all originally given away, watch with interest.
Opinions on Zeitcoin stakehunter? It's 25% with a low cost of admission and a virtually non-existent PoW component with reward at 1/block.

Zeitcoin is the same as Mintcoin - stay away unless you want to gamble on the price going up.

Look for DMD to make a rise if they can get the POS working. It is supposed to be 50%.
cryptostocks.com is indeed the site.

I have a decent portfolio there: mining and trading stocks.
My picks are...
Mining - BSVM & COINFARM
Trading - Autotrade & TRAC
Mix: VARINVMIN
Activity: 655
I suspect he's referring to this:

https://cryptostocks.com/

I believe they're run by the same guys that operate vircurex.

Thanks for that, looks interesting!
I suspect he's referring to this:

https://cryptostocks.com/

I believe they're run by the same guys that operate vircurex.
Pages:
Jump to: