Pages:
Author

Topic: Proof of Stake Investment - HBN/PHS/TEK/CAP and more - page 7. (Read 15492 times)

Activity: 155
Merit: 100
Might want to add Zeitcoin, its very similar to mintcoin and still on week 1 of mining.

I was just going to say this. Zeit is super cheap right now.

That's its problem - it is a copy and paste of mint. And mint is a copy paste of DOGE.  I am not interested in the day trading game. I know I should pump some BTC into zeit, watch it climb to 25 - 45 satoshi and then dump it like everyone else. That'd get me 10X which would be something.  

But these coins are a game to most. A very rough game to make money where people have to lose money. That is what many don't think about. So I sell at 25 satoshi - some crazy person had to buy it. And when the bottom falls out they're holding the bag. Love my neighbor more than myself. I don't want to be a bag holder, so I don't want to do it to others.

I want to lift a community up, not make a quick BTC. The coins I want are not meant to be a flash in the pan. 20% is not appealing. 25% is not appealing. My plan is long term investment with stable coins.    
Activity: 182
Might want to add Zeitcoin, its very similar to mintcoin and still on week 1 of mining.

I was just going to say this. Zeit is super cheap right now.
It is quite impossible to buy-in with most of those PoS coins because the volumes are very low at low prices. I might wait for some big movements before I coin in, also I need to be sure that the inflation is handled properly.

RE inflation: All of these coins have a total coin cap - so they are just like BTC in that manner. However, where it comes to the ROI % - if you read the first post about novacoin and its model - which is used by NVC, HBN, and TEK you can see that the % will vary based upon stake difficulty which takes into account the number of coins on the market. They all start at their max ROI, but fall off to a minimum of 1% based upon the coins in the market. Thus, I believe they have inflation well under control. NVC for example started out at 100% but it is currently ~40%.

And about volume...Miners are willing to put in effort to mine coins, we need to do the same from an investment point of view. If we think it is worth it we have to be willing to buy and maybe pump the price a little bit. That is how a currency grows. I bet I and a handful of other investors have brought HBN, TEK and probably even PHS up to the levels they are at.

As I said in previous posts: if we want value - we have to make the volume. We have to be willing to buy AND SELL the coins. We can't just hoard them.

That is why I make the following StakeHunter pledge:
I will sell 25% of my stake every month.

10% goes to the Lord and the rest will go to BTC for liquidity and for buying power.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
It is quite impossible to buy-in with most of those PoS coins because the volumes are very low at low prices. I might wait for some big movements before I coin in, also I need to be sure that the inflation is handled properly.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Add Mint.

MintCoin is an innovative, secure and energy efficient PoW/PoS coin. It uses a faster PoW distribution mechanism to distribute the initial coins, then after 5 weeks the coin is basically transferred to a pure PoS coin, where the generation of the coin is mainly through the PoS interests.

MintCoin also adopt a variable PoS rate, which gives the highest payout at 20% the first year, then decrease 5% per year until the 4th year it reaches annual interest rate of 5%, then it will remain at this rate.

Because after 5 weeks it is basically a pure PoS coin, it does not need to be intensively mined, as the PoW payout will remain the minimum. Most coins will be generated through PoS, thus it is a coin that will save a lot of energy compared to other coins.

MintCoin will have a total of 70 billion coins. Initially each block will deliver 100000 to 900000 coins randomly. The PoW payout will be halved each week (7 days). After 5 weeks, the PoW payout will be fixed at 1 coin per block.

PoS will start after at least 20 days of holding of the coins in the wallet. With PoS, the coin is more resilient to 51% attack.
Besides rule 1: Don't invest anything - time or money - that you aren't willing to lose.

I should mention 2-6...

2. Have a plan - stick to the plan
You need to outline what your goals are, so you can measure how your investment is performing.
- Do you want to make X BTC a month?
- Do you want to grow your portfolio to Y total BTC?
- What currencies are you going to trade?
- What are your criteria?

3. Don't put all your eggs in one basket
Don't trust just one currency. Especially when investing in high stake coins. The market is very volatile - you'll get tired of hearing me say that. Spread out your investment - have a portfolio - so a shock to one doesn't wreck you. This ONLY applies to stake trading. If you only want to day trade and hold BTC or LTC be my guest - but that is not what I'm about.

4. Be able to cut your loss
If a trade or currency doesn't go your way - cut your loss. Don't get sentimental about a crypto - don't keep it because you like it. THat isn't what this is about. Besides - crypto is a VERY risky market. There is NO guarantee it will recover, so don't "double down" on hopes that it will rise from the dead. It may, but IMO your money is better put into other crypto. 

5. Compound your interest
Read up on compounding interest. The basics are, that you hold some of the stake back so that the next time you take stake you stake some of the previous gains. This allows you to grow your investment faster than selling all your stake every time. Plus it is the coin equivalent to dividend reinvestment in the stock world - you effectively "buy" coin in all markets - when its high and low to average out the cost of the coin. 

6. Take profit
VERY important. We're in this to make a profit right? So if you hold onto all your coin where's the profit? Currently only one coin is truly "spendable." Now I hope that will change, but it is important to lock in some gains in BTC. Why? It helps the market - having volume and liquidity is a good thing. Plus having BTC around allows you tot take advantage of deals in other currency in your portfolio. 

Those are some basic tips. Next time I'll talk about my cornerstone portfolio - BCX/HBN/NVC/PHS/TEK - and why I chose them.
All - again, just being frank.

@EBT - What makes EBT different from CASH - same "profile" and stats basically. CASH is on Cryptsy, seems to have a bigger community, and is on CMC.

And CASH isn't that great either. As I will outline soon, I will not put much money into it - I have mined it, but I have not bought any except for ~.15 BTC. There are more lucrative investments than CASH.

@garbagerun - CGB is a no go. It has a good market cap, but its stake is so small it is none existent, so it is not for me.

@oaks05 - What makes Zeitcoin different from MINT? It smells like a copy and paste - complete with a stake that decreases every year. Yes their may be a tie to the TZM, however it isn't there now. And what about the premine...

And MINT...smells like DOGE - both good and bad to that. I mined MINT in the beginning, but I won't be buying any - it is too volatile. Unless it takes off/becomes stable I will be selling of my stake to buy NVC probably. And once the stake decreases I may not even look at it at all.

@garicson
I should put GRW on my watch list. The problem is, it had a history, it died, and now its back. I have mined GRW and I'm sitting on some to see if the stake is real. It is working on coinex.pw...however like all the coins it suffers from pretty low volume because its community is even smaller than the others.  
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Growthcoin (GRW)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-growthcoin-grw-powpos-100-annual-interest-updated-version-267019
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/resurrection-bringing-life-to-growthcoin-grw-madatory-update-to-130-469464

GrowthCoin provides monthly interest rate of 5.95%, for stakes that are held during that period of time. This equivalent to an annual interest of 100%. PoS blocks will be generated if the stake are held for more than 5 days (first generation will starts around 9th days). There is a hard limit of 2 billion coins.

now very low difficulty 0.05-0.1 for mining

EXCHANGES
CoinEx
http://www.coinex.pw/trade/grw_btc
BTCLTC
http://www.btcltc.com/home/index/grw_cny (Chinese)
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
i know its a real new coin just wanted to know your view on zeitcoin, might be to early to throw a review out there but it does have 25% stake first year and alot of people are mining it right now, obviously getting TZM involved will help the coin alot but i just started getting into the POS coins myself and value peoples opinions.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
I'm very interested in POS myself. What are your thoughts on CryptogenicBullion?
My personal top 3 favorite stake coins are:

1. Hobonickels
2. TEKcoin
3. PhilosopherStone
EBT
Activity: 252
Don't forget about EBTcoin!

We're up and coming in the stake game!

PoS Reward: 10% - Begins on day 30, mature at day 90

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-ebt-coin-entropybit-100-pos-multipool-bugfix-version-403-437660
Activity: 213
I've mined a few tek but its not worth it with my cube. I'm just gonna purchase a bunch instead. The stake rate is really attractive
All, please note - these coins are my personal picks. Your picks might be different and all the coins mentioned are on my complete stake list - in the first post.

I will be expanding more upon these coins and how I invest in further posts. However I want to address some comments here...

@megashira1 - I do not want to invest in NXT currently. I personally can't get behind a coin that was distributed as shares. And it's POS model is undisclosed. If I invest X amount - I truly don't know what I will get as a return because it depends upon the use and adoption of NXT.

@galbros - Feel free to invest in PPC - it does have a big market cap. However it violates one of my roles - is Stake is minimal: 1%. I don't want the coin as much as the return that can be converted.

@tokyoghetto - I know...You're like an investing brother - we have similar mindsets. I weighed whether to make this post. But I think its necessary to broaden community awareness of all the coins. Its better to fight over a coin so there are people willing to buy it from you when you want to sell. Plus, we've all (the whole cryptp community bought into this crypto thing - so lets benefit from it.

@kelsey - agreed on BCX. It seems active, and the concept is interesting. I've picked up some to see if it will recover, but it is not a cornerstone.

@Buratino - microCoin is Stake, but it violates another of my rules - its period of stake is toooo long. Its min stake is 1 year. Who knows where crypto and especially microCoin will be in a year...    
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003
You have omitted microCoin (POW/POS Combined).
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
Big fan of POS myself. Prefer ones with decent POS rewards (rather then just token POS as a security measure), BCX being my favorite pick as decent reward and active dev with a unique plan for the coin ie could get interesting  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1232
Good post. I like the list you have come up with. There is two coins I wish you would have left out, as I am still building up positions on them. It will make my life a bit harder if people start to get wise to the trade, I am prepared to do battle on the orderbook if they want to battle me.

Its hard to maintain a PoS coin so a good dev is important. This is why Hobonickels is one of my larger holdings and the basis for my investment journal. (shameless plug warning) check my sig below.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Thanks for this list and your other thread.  I'm thinking these coins make a lot of sense as a holding.  I just wish there was one with the community of something like doge.  Maybe PPC?

Thanks again!
Activity: 265
Why did you leave out NXT?

because in crypto investment circles only a nutjob would invest in 100% premine scamcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1146
Why did you leave out NXT?
Pages:
Jump to: