Pages:
Author

Topic: Proof that God exists - page 2. (Read 62273 times)

copper member
Activity: 182
Merit: 18
Crypto.BI
December 14, 2018, 08:25:20 AM
There are amongst us a group of people who believe that while there is no proof that God exists, there also is no proof that He doesn't exist.

The answer to this depends on the logical framework we decide to adopt.

In intuitionist logic this argument is a fallacy. There is no proof by contradiction (PbC) in intuitionist logic (IL). For example, the proof for the existence of infinite numbers would not apply to I.L. Assume there are finite numbers. Then by the principle of good ordering there must be a largest number. Show this largest number and I can show largest + 1. Contradiction met  = means the opposite of the premise is true : there are infinite numbers.

This proof only works in classical logic where PbC is an accepted derivation.

Similar argument is popularly used for the existence of God as you yourself have hinted at.

In classic logic you may be able to get away with this argument. God exists because you cannot prove He doesn't exist.

It all depends on the logic rules you set before the argument.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
December 14, 2018, 08:17:39 AM

The afterlife exists in two places... Heaven and Hell. Guess who goes to which and why.

Cool

Evil people go to hell

Good people go to heaven

Since everybody does some good and some evil, what are the prerequisites for each regarding Heaven and Hell?

Cool

Faith and lack of faith in God?
Acceptance or lack of acceptance in Jesus Christ?

You have it!

All people have some faith in God just to live. All living people know that He exists, no matter what they confess to.

A Christian is one who was weak enough, spiritually, that he could not resist the work of the Holy Spirit, to boost his faith high enough that He can be saved.

Cool
Activity: 70
Merit: 12
December 13, 2018, 05:28:28 PM

The afterlife exists in two places... Heaven and Hell. Guess who goes to which and why.

Cool

Evil people go to hell

Good people go to heaven

Since everybody does some good and some evil, what are the prerequisites for each regarding Heaven and Hell?

Cool

Faith and lack of faith in God?
Acceptance or lack of acceptance in Jesus Christ?
legendary
December 13, 2018, 05:18:03 PM
God existence cannot be proved physically and so cannot be proved by faith alone, but God existence can be proved through logical reasoning. God exist because there can be no creation without the creator --- and that creator is God. But who creates God? None, no one. It is because God is the uncauseable cause. If God is the uncauseable cause, why is it so? It is because God is perfect. Everything in this universe is made, developed, and evolved because there is something that needs to be developed. If that is the case, do you think God will still have the origin if He is already perfect? Perfect things are things that exist as they should be, no need for alterations. And above all of us, there is always "someone" that is the prefect definition of 'perfect', and that is God.

Empty space cannot be prove physically, yet we know that it exists. Let's apply the methods used to prove that empty space exists, to prove that God exists.

Cool
legendary
December 13, 2018, 05:16:50 PM

Cool

Evil people go to hell

Good people go to heaven

Cool
Activity: 574
Merit: 108
December 13, 2018, 05:10:36 PM
God existence cannot be proved physically and so cannot be proved by faith alone, but God existence can be proved through logical reasoning. God exist because there can be no creation without the creator --- and that creator is God. But who creates God? None, no one. It is because God is the uncauseable cause. If God is the uncauseable cause, why is it so? It is because God is perfect. Everything in this universe is made, developed, and evolved because there is something that needs to be developed. If that is the case, do you think God will still have the origin if He is already perfect? Perfect things are things that exist as they should be, no need for alterations. And above all of us, there is always "someone" that is the prefect definition of 'perfect', and that is God.
December 13, 2018, 05:05:22 PM

Cool

Evil people go to hell

Good people go to heaven
legendary
December 13, 2018, 05:03:59 PM

I am infinitely more powerful than "God" the so called "creator", why? Because I don't need to 'prove' that I exist. Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

If I don't have to prove that I exist, it does not mean I am more powerful than God, it means I don't know how to appear invisible  Grin

God has the ability to be invisible and can hide from even the best scientific instruments, therefore God is more powerful than me Smiley

Once you are dead, then you will REALLY need to prove that you exist. God will do it for you, in the resurrection.

Cool

To be fair BADecker, I would not want to come back to earth if I die. If there is an afterlife, I'm sure the afterlife world must be better than this earth Smiley

Cool
December 13, 2018, 05:01:35 PM

I am infinitely more powerful than "God" the so called "creator", why? Because I don't need to 'prove' that I exist. Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

If I don't have to prove that I exist, it does not mean I am more powerful than God, it means I don't know how to appear invisible  Grin

God has the ability to be invisible and can hide from even the best scientific instruments, therefore God is more powerful than me Smiley

Once you are dead, then you will REALLY need to prove that you exist. God will do it for you, in the resurrection.

Cool

To be fair BADecker, I would not want to come back to earth if I die. If there is an afterlife, I'm sure the afterlife world must be better than this earth Smiley
legendary
December 13, 2018, 04:57:32 PM

Cool
December 13, 2018, 04:36:29 PM

Activity: 924
Merit: 260
July 24, 2017, 04:11:58 PM
God exists to me because as a human being we are his offspring. As far as the nature is concerned God exist, there must be a spirit behind everything and this spirit is what we refer to as God. He is love also that is why when we look into nature we can see the expressed of love.
Activity: 392
Merit: 137
July 24, 2017, 01:27:28 PM
Proof god is there, let us see who created the towering mountain? And why clouds that have perton weight can fly above the earth's surface. It's because God created it. If not God! Human impossible.
In order to know who created it all you have to go to school. There's all lucidly explained. No God, and therefore he can't create anything. You just use the preachers, regardless of religion.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
It's Me bikihabana
July 24, 2017, 01:07:40 PM

Activity: 410
Merit: 100
July 24, 2017, 11:12:37 AM
Proof god is there, let us see who created the towering mountain? And why clouds that have perton weight can fly above the earth's surface. It's because God created it. If not God! Human impossible.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
July 24, 2017, 11:10:38 AM
Scientifically speaking, the most obvious evidence might be the answer to the question: who created the matter? Even the Cern are trying to answer this question. Currently one of the answers could be: God!
Personally I have no idea, but I firmly believe in life after death, in the existence of spirits. I don't know if this is related to the existence of God, I just know that if we want to give it a Christian configuration, well then Jesus was definitely a great person. But also Buddha!
If you think so then what kind of scientific point of view can be discussed? You are far from science! Science is looking for real evidence, and you consider proof of the lack of evidence. This is absolutely not a scientific approach.

If you want scientific proof that God exist, check out here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scientific-proof-that-god-exists-737322
I started this discussion several years ago and shared 101 scientific proofs that God exist.
It should be enough for you, I hope Smiley
Activity: 630
Merit: 272
July 24, 2017, 11:04:35 AM
Scientifically speaking, the most obvious evidence might be the answer to the question: who created the matter? Even the Cern are trying to answer this question. Currently one of the answers could be: God!
Personally I have no idea, but I firmly believe in life after death, in the existence of spirits. I don't know if this is related to the existence of God, I just know that if we want to give it a Christian configuration, well then Jesus was definitely a great person. But also Buddha!
If you think so then what kind of scientific point of view can be discussed? You are far from science! Science is looking for real evidence, and you consider proof of the lack of evidence. This is absolutely not a scientific approach.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Blocklancer Freelance on the Blockchain
July 24, 2017, 10:30:00 AM
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
July 24, 2017, 08:23:25 AM
Look at the whole world, It was definitely created and shaped by the will of a supreme Architect, Look at how the location of the moon stops the sea from going beyond its designated barrier, The earth is at the right distance away from the sun, too nearer or too farther will mean the death of the human race. All these show the existence of a supreme being GOD.

I agree that the universe is the proof that god exist. No one can creat what the earth have. Meracles happen because of God. Miracles cant be explain because God exist.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
July 24, 2017, 07:39:51 AM
holy books are a proof for this..
Pages:
Jump to: