Pages:
Author

Topic: Putting your money where Pirate's mouth is. - page 3. (Read 73367 times)

mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
September 08, 2012, 06:01:40 AM
Holy shit, Vladimir, we agree on something! (I'm sure we agree on other things, but we have not discussed beer or space exploration on bitcointalk.)

Forum operators admit to reading pirate's (and other) PMs, have stickied threads, "suggested" creating PPTs (whatever side you fall on with gote or theymos on that one), and have recorded bets with Matthew.  It all creates a big stink.

When people talk about "the BTC community," which I deny truly exists, they are talking about this forum, and it's a snake pit.

Hi reeses, why did you delete almost all your posting history (including the posts where you supported pirateat40)? Your post count is now 17.

As Donald's hair said, I just do it.  Part of it is getting tired of being involved in the anti-rational drama that peaked with the Ponzi threadstorm [...]

Ok. In other words "I defended/supported pirateat40, but I don't want to admit I was wrong, so I am deleting the evidence" Undecided
donator
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Assholier-than-thou retard magnet
September 08, 2012, 05:33:10 AM
Holy shit, Vladimir, we agree on something! (I'm sure we agree on other things, but we have not discussed beer or space exploration on bitcointalk.)

Forum operators admit to reading pirate's (and other) PMs, have stickied threads, "suggested" creating PPTs (whatever side you fall on with gote or theymos on that one), and have recorded bets with Matthew.  It all creates a big stink.

When people talk about "the BTC community," which I deny truly exists, they are talking about this forum, and it's a snake pit.

Hi reeses, why did you delete almost all your posting history (including the posts where you supported pirateat40)? Your post count is now 17.

As Donald's hair said, I just do it.  Part of it is getting tired of being involved in the anti-rational drama that peaked with the Ponzi threadstorm and part of it was noticing that I tend to ignore people with high post counts, especially over the 4k level (except Myrkul).  The fact that the forum is rigged and not at all representative of a) the bitcoin community in which I wish to participate or b) the camaraderie of the forum as little as a year ago has reduced its value do me.

We're also coming up on the high holidays, and it's a good time to change unhealthy habits, even if the reasons are secular.  I have a new Pilates instructor whom I need to see in seven hours, so I should get sleep soon. :-)

At any rate, everything I've said that caused any mayhem can be found via search, because it has been quoted, witnessed, or whatever.
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
September 08, 2012, 04:29:54 AM

A related phenomenon is that the most ardent pro-pirate posters are now fairly quiet.

Those are the ones who most likely benefitted from the Ponzi scheme, by running a feeder fund or by simply being bribed. Everybody who has followed the relevant threads knows who they are.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
September 08, 2012, 01:50:43 AM

Forum operators admit to reading pirate's (and other) PMs, have stickied threads, "suggested" creating PPTs (whatever side you fall on with gote or theymos on that one), and have recorded bets with Matthew.  It all creates a big stink.

He just does. He used to keep his post count post count around 100, now he keeps it around 10 - 20. He claims no nefarious purpose, and he does delete everything eventually without favour. Plus he's quoted pretty often, so deleting all his posts including the quoted ones doesn't really serve a purpose.

He gave an explanation for it here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/please-restore-all-reeses-deleted-posts-104999
mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
September 08, 2012, 01:46:05 AM

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 07, 2012, 01:40:13 PM
How did imsaguy get his VIP badge? I guess we will never get any admission of who paid for it. Who are the people who attained VIP status around the same time? Could it be that they are pirate-preachers?

And this again brings up the inconvenient matter of some operators of this forum profiting personally from this ponzi scheme, effectively aiding and abetting its proliferation by granting for an extended period of time (while invested themselves) most of the ponzi feeder fund threads a sticky status and then saying something like "I thought it is a ponzi but I risked my money and profited from it, but it is ok"

Now I know why you had so much bitcoins to "bet" me in my futures contract. You profited from other suckers in your PPT with pirate. LOL

Chicken troll? lol
September 07, 2012, 11:14:14 AM
… they are talking about this forum, and it's a snake pit.

Can't hurt to find out who are the snakes. I guess though that to most onlookers the answer is pretty obvious.
vip
Activity: 574
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
September 07, 2012, 11:07:03 AM
How did imsaguy get his VIP badge? I guess we will never get any admission of who paid for it. Who are the people who attained VIP status around the same time? Could it be that they are pirate-preachers?

And this again brings up the inconvenient matter of some operators of this forum profiting personally from this ponzi scheme, effectively aiding and abetting its proliferation by granting for an extended period of time (while invested themselves) most of the ponzi feeder fund threads a sticky status and then saying something like "I thought it is a ponzi but I risked my money and profited from it, but it is ok"

Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
September 07, 2012, 05:02:44 AM

Yeah, those never should have been stickied, I never noticed it until someone brought it up in meta, cause I ignore most stickies. Wish someone had mentioned it earlier.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-
September 07, 2012, 04:57:21 AM

September 07, 2012, 04:48:36 AM
legendary
September 06, 2012, 10:33:24 PM
I always feel good. lol thanks for asking.

If you were an avid participant in collecting investor funds and got a cut of the profits you are responsible in my eyes. All the signs were there and you even tried to tell the nay-sayers to GTFO and to shut up. Why o why? because perhaps there was a chance of your little game going bye bye.

You supported pirate obviously which at some level makes you even at least partially at fault.

Edit: Not only were you wrong but your bogus analogies to support pirate are pathetic. Your logic there actually baffles me on how far you would try to stretch an analogy to make like the idea of investing with pirate a good idea.

Those quotes are over a month old.  The very little I made from the PPT was actually tied up in funds I let lay dormant as insurance.  There was something unique about the first PPT.  Everyone else was just offering lower rates and were the ones who really profited from it.  I sold my PPT interest and exited it.

While you might consider my belief that pirate was doing something legit pathetic, the people that commented after my explanation found it reasonable.  I'm not asking for your forgiveness and at this point, you trolling me about it serves no real purpose. 

It's not trolling if I'm pointing out the facts/truth about your stance concerning pirate. All I see from you is backpedaling. Which is quite entertaining. Thanks for that!  Cheesy
vip
September 06, 2012, 09:57:46 PM
I always feel good. lol thanks for asking.

If you were an avid participant in collecting investor funds and got a cut of the profits you are responsible in my eyes. All the signs were there and you even tried to tell the nay-sayers to GTFO and to shut up. Why o why? because perhaps there was a chance of your little game going bye bye.

You supported pirate obviously which at some level makes you even at least partially at fault.

Edit: Not only were you wrong but your bogus analogies to support pirate are pathetic. Your logic there actually baffles me on how far you would try to stretch an analogy to make like the idea of investing with pirate a good idea.

Those quotes are over a month old.  The very little I made from the PPT was actually tied up in funds I let lay dormant as insurance.  There was something unique about the first PPT.  Everyone else was just offering lower rates and were the ones who really profited from it.  I sold my PPT interest and exited it.

While you might consider my belief that pirate was doing something legit pathetic, the people that commented after my explanation found it reasonable.  I'm not asking for your forgiveness and at this point, you trolling me about it serves no real purpose. 
legendary
September 06, 2012, 09:48:22 PM
vip
September 06, 2012, 09:36:43 PM
snipped for sake of readability.

Feel better now?  The first link is still a valid request.  Why is there no scammer tag?

As to the rest, so it seems I was wrong.  That doesn't make me responsible.
legendary
September 06, 2012, 08:55:27 PM
Meh, here's my obvious support of pirate: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1138804
I've not shied from that.

Oh you mean like how you supported him in the following links?

Here you ask the mods to provide proof that pirate was a scammer. Hmm lot's has changed since then huh?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1006255

Here is a link where you basicly try to tell "nay sayers" to "GTFO" and that "we" aren't asking to be warned.
That faired well now huh. Also that your time was being wasted by people trying to warn others of a possible
ponzi/scam.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1004814

And here you try to make an analogy of finding an oil well etc. and a ponzi. LOL!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1008581

And here where you try to "point out" how a ponzi would operate. Well looks like deposits are restricted eh
given pirate hasn't returned much if anything at all?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1006663

Oh and my favorite where you try to use an analogy of apple hiding their products that they are working on
to compare to an operation (BTCST) that hides its BUSINESS MODEL. Apple doesn't even hide their business
model. They sell electronics. Good job trying to debunk that thought to help support BTCST/pirate.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1009656
vip
September 06, 2012, 08:25:50 PM
Most of your posts appear to be "pro-pirate". I tend to wonder why as should others here on this forum.

How was that pro-pirate?  In fact, it wasn't a comment about pirate at all, rather how someone is an op in -otc.  If it was based purely on ratings, sturles or myself would have been ops long ago.  It bothers me to see people criticize wot as being this sham of mechanism, when it isn't intended to be the be all, end all.  Its just another tool when figuring out whether you want to do business with someone.  

Where did I ever say that that particular post was "pro-pirate"?

I said most of your posts appear to be "pro-pirate".

Get your facts straight.

Ah, right.  Perhaps you should start your own thread then instead of hijacking this one.

Good job trying to divert attention away from your obvious support for pirate. Maybe you'll get paid first.  Roll Eyes

Meh, here's my obvious support of pirate: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1138804

I've not shied from that.
legendary
September 06, 2012, 08:18:44 PM
Most of your posts appear to be "pro-pirate". I tend to wonder why as should others here on this forum.

How was that pro-pirate?  In fact, it wasn't a comment about pirate at all, rather how someone is an op in -otc.  If it was based purely on ratings, sturles or myself would have been ops long ago.  It bothers me to see people criticize wot as being this sham of mechanism, when it isn't intended to be the be all, end all.  Its just another tool when figuring out whether you want to do business with someone.  

Get your facts straight.

Ah, right.  Perhaps you should start your own thread then instead of hijacking this one.

Good job trying to divert attention away from your obvious support for pirate. Maybe you'll get paid first.  Roll Eyes
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
September 06, 2012, 08:01:07 PM

How was that pro-pirate?  In fact, it wasn't a comment about pirate at all, rather how someone is an op in -otc.  If it was based purely on ratings, sturles or myself would have been ops long ago.  It bothers me to see people criticize wot as being this sham of mechanism, when it isn't intended to be the be all, end all.  Its just another tool when figuring out whether you want to do business with someone. 

Get your facts straight.

Ah, right.  Perhaps you should start your own thread then instead of hijacking this one.

This thread has been hijacked since page 2. Both of you are as off topic as each other, so I don't really see a problem with what smoothie wrote. Sorry, imsaguy.
vip
September 06, 2012, 07:41:28 PM

How was that pro-pirate?  In fact, it wasn't a comment about pirate at all, rather how someone is an op in -otc.  If it was based purely on ratings, sturles or myself would have been ops long ago.  It bothers me to see people criticize wot as being this sham of mechanism, when it isn't intended to be the be all, end all.  Its just another tool when figuring out whether you want to do business with someone. 

Get your facts straight.

Ah, right.  Perhaps you should start your own thread then instead of hijacking this one.
Pages:
Jump to: