Pages:
Author

Topic: Putting your money where Pirate's mouth is. - page 8. (Read 73367 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Have you noticed that nanotube hasn't been very active on the forums lately?  It makes you stop and think..

He probably stopped to think ;-)

I'm really stunned by the high values of BTC bet on Pirate's payout. Waiting for the announcements of BTC put out on Pirate's head Tongue
Activity: 714
Merit: 502
Yes pirates very likely to hand over $50000 to someone he probably doesn't like after scamming half a million off close forum friends :s
The coins are in escrow, and yes it's very likely that nanotube hands over the money.

Have you noticed that nanotube hasn't been very active on the forums lately?  It makes you stop and think..

How come everyone trusts this nanotube so much with over 100 grand in the virtual equivalent of cash?
vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
Yes pirates very likely to hand over $50000 to someone he probably doesn't like after scamming half a million off close forum friends :s
The coins are in escrow, and yes it's very likely that nanotube hands over the money.

Have you noticed that nanotube hasn't been very active on the forums lately?  It makes you stop and think..

Oh fair enough didn't think anyone on this forum had the sense to use an escrow
Activity: 19
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
What will be interesting now is what he does with what he believes to be profits from an illegal venture.

mind

blown

Surely he will ask somebody for advise on this Wink

Yes, me, and I already gave my opinion on that. I'll be happy to receive stolen goods - my karma can handle it atm.

Hopefully places where goats are fucked and people toying with stolen funds are far away from each other.

D´accord Sir Wink
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Already had a bad conciousness when i fucked my goat , stupid me, it felt so awesome Wink

Well, I wouldn't want to get between a man and his ... er ... hobbies. Go at it with a will young sir! Just ensure it happens far, far away from me.
vip
Activity: 574
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
Already had a bad conciousness when i fucked my goat , stupid me, it felt so awesome Wink

Did it look like this?

zyk
donator
Poor impulse control.
What will be interesting now is what he does with what he believes to be profits from an illegal venture.

mind

blown

Yes, me, and I already gave my opinion on that. I'll be happy to receive stolen goods - my karma can handle it atm.
zyk

mind

blown

donator
Poor impulse control.
Keep them, presumably? After all, he risked - or at least tied up - a substantial chunk of his own money in order to convince others that yes, he genuinely did believe that BTCS&T was a ponzi scheme in the face of cries of "troll!" and "put your money where your mouth is or shut up!" from Pirate supporters. I think that more than pays off any ethical obligations he might have.

First off:  As someone who has an investment in BTCS&T let me say that I personally have no problem with him keeping the bet.

HOWEVER some of team ponzi (namely JoelKatz) have gone on about receipt of stolen money.  So I was just wondering if they were going to play by their own rules.

I'm of the opinion that the winnings should be donated to the OP.

That is the only fair way to do it.

Glad we agree on that. Party at my house, then.
donator
Poor impulse control.
Keep them, presumably? After all, he risked - or at least tied up - a substantial chunk of his own money in order to convince others that yes, he genuinely did believe that BTCS&T was a ponzi scheme in the face of cries of "troll!" and "put your money where your mouth is or shut up!" from Pirate supporters. I think that more than pays off any ethical obligations he might have.

First off:  As someone who has an investment in BTCS&T let me say that I personally have no problem with him keeping the bet.

HOWEVER some of team ponzi (namely JoelKatz) have gone on about receipt of stolen money.  So I was just wondering if they were going to play by their own rules.

I'm of the opinion that the winnings should be donated to the OP.
Activity: 560
I am the one who knocks

Activity: 686
Merit: 564
Keep them, presumably? After all, he risked - or at least tied up - a substantial chunk of his own money in order to convince others that yes, he genuinely did believe that BTCS&T was a ponzi scheme in the face of cries of "troll!" and "put your money where your mouth is or shut up!" from Pirate supporters. I think that more than pays off any ethical obligations he might have. Also, he kinda predicted this on about the second page:

Wait, I get it. When you default, the users come raging at me screaming I have their money. Grin

Edit - and the fourth page:
The only "pocket ace" I'm afraid of is people discrediting me for obtaining stolen funds I can't pay back for a multitude of reasons. I don't think that is something Pirateat40 cares about though, and I'm not so certain he wants to get back at me. Just playing his game like a pro.

And if you expect me to believe that Pirate's supporters would've let him back away from the bet being offered because of this, you have another thing coming.
Activity: 33

Note that Sept. 9th is "sometime in September"

Anyone wanna make a bet?  Roll Eyes

I am still taking bets that pirate will repay here if you would like to wager.  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/accepting-pirate-bets-104255

All bets must be escrowed

The bet contract is listed in a PGP signed document by the escrower (Garr225)
Activity: 560
I am the one who knocks

What is sept 9?

I think we've had enough of the scams, tricks, lies, thieving, etc, and I'm glad my bet has already served many of it's multiple purposes. Can't wait until September 9th.

Matt's bet resolves.

Duh, thanks.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

What is sept 9?

I think we've had enough of the scams, tricks, lies, thieving, etc, and I'm glad my bet has already served many of it's multiple purposes. Can't wait until September 9th.

Matt's bet resolves.

'Dissolves'  Cheesy
Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

What is sept 9?

Matt's bet resolves.
Pages:
Jump to: