Pages:
Author

Topic: Putting your money where Pirate's mouth is. - page 7. (Read 73367 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer
September 01, 2012, 05:48:12 PM
Thanks imsaguy
vip
Activity: 574
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
September 01, 2012, 05:45:43 PM
Pirate just showed up on #btcst, but I was unable to get a transcript, I only heard second hand. Anyone?

something about "things are going great!" "eat my shit!" again, this was relayed to me.

All times are in US Central DST (CDT) (UTC-5)

[2012/09/01 16:25:22] <@pirateat40> Total Accounts Repaid: 23/459 (subject to required information)
[2012/09/01 16:27:28] <@pirateat40> HOWDY!
[2012/09/01 16:29:05] <@pirateat40> The PPT that didn't' comply will have a long road ahead.  Those that contacted me ahead of time "Friday" are clear.
[2012/09/01 16:30:02] <@pirateat40> I'm wanted to speak for awhile now, but I someone stole my ship.
[2012/09/01 16:30:35] <@pirateat40> Finally things are progressing and I've returned to my boat.
[2012/09/01 16:30:54] <@pirateat40> It's going to get better to some, I promise.
[2012/09/01 16:31:26] <@pirateat40> That's all for now, back to your regularly scheduled trolling.
Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
September 01, 2012, 05:44:11 PM
According to nanotube, pirate conceded the bet in private conversation.

BUT.... did he get his ass booted out of #Bitcoin-OTC, or at least lose his OP status there ?

Why should he? he still has a +189 rating. Wink

No, but seriously, if that number doesn't tank when/if he fails to pay to everyone's satisfaction, I think you're right, and we need to start from scratch.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I heart thebaron
September 01, 2012, 05:39:06 PM
Pirate just showed up on #btcst, but I was unable to get a transcript, I only heard second hand. Anyone?

something about "things are going great!" "eat my shit!" again, this was relayed to me.

LOL....

'things are going great' was to everyone else.....'eat my shit' was probably for me Wink
Activity: 616
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer
September 01, 2012, 05:36:20 PM

I heart thebaron
September 01, 2012, 05:28:30 PM

BUT.... did he get his ass booted out of #Bitcoin-OTC, or at least lose his OP status there ?

Considering the Press he's getting currently and the fact that he doesn't seem to have a response to any of it, or any defense that anyone knows about - he should pretty much be 'dead in the water' in any respectable corners of the Bitcoin Community.
If not, then this community as a whole has more problems than can be repaired and should be considered ruined.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
September 01, 2012, 04:00:00 PM
So, does this mean that since Pirate was HONEST enough to LOSE the bet, that he will remain an OP in the #bitcoin-otc IRC channel ?

This concession should definitely help boost his OTC ratings as well, as he was completely honest in regards to the bet. He deserves +10 Ratings from EVERYONE.

....it only makes sense, right ?
Well he did pay... (the bet)
No, the escrow that both parties put their money into 56~ days before the bet was ended paid the bet. ;p
Splitting hairs.  Also he did concede to nanotube (rather than throwing up technicalities)
Activity: 560
I am the one who knocks
September 01, 2012, 02:57:58 PM
So, does this mean that since Pirate was HONEST enough to LOSE the bet, that he will remain an OP in the #bitcoin-otc IRC channel ?

This concession should definitely help boost his OTC ratings as well, as he was completely honest in regards to the bet. He deserves +10 Ratings from EVERYONE.

No, the escrow that both parties put their money into 56~ days before the bet was ended paid the bet. ;p
Splitting hairs.  Also he did concede to nanotube (rather than throwing up technicalities)
Activity: 504
September 01, 2012, 02:49:08 PM

I am the one who knocks
September 01, 2012, 02:00:31 PM

I heart thebaron
September 01, 2012, 11:30:22 AM

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
September 01, 2012, 08:15:38 AM
Yes pirates very likely to hand over $50000 to someone he probably doesn't like after scamming half a million off close forum friends :s
The coins are in escrow, and yes it's very likely that nanotube hands over the money.

Have you noticed that nanotube hasn't been very active on the forums lately?  It makes you stop and think..

Was the bet not yet paid out? If not why not?

Also from talking to nanotube before the bet I think he knew Pirate was going to lose before it was made public. That is just what my gut tells me.

Something seems off...

You are lazy.  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1147937

Too handy a link to lose.
Activity: 695
September 01, 2012, 07:53:58 AM
… use the Vandroiy bet conditions, because they are clearly laid out and fine-tuned. If Vandroiy wins his BTC5,000, you pay me, if Vandroiy loses, I pay you. …

I accept your conditions. I'm betting 10,000BTC already in another thread however, although at the moment of writing this, 4995.89114457 BTC has been bet leaving me with 5004.10885543 BTC left to bet with. Name your bet please.

Let's leave it at BTC250 then. That's about my limit without escrow.

This is my offer. If you accept it, we have a deal.

Agreed. For my own accounting purposes I will add it to the same spreadsheet as I use for other betters of the betting thread, but I concede publicly that it is in fact a separate bet entirely and an exact mimc of the strict guidelines in Vandroiy and Pirate's bet. Good luck!

Time to pay up. I am sending my bitcoin address to you by PM.

I'm still curious why you made this hopeless bet. Care to explain? Did you get messages from the pirate that sounded so believable that you fell for them?
I am the one who knocks
Thats the point, he doesn't trust the OTC ratings.

No, I do not.

;;rate bitlane 5 seems legit
I heart thebaron

No, I do not.
vip
Have you noticed that nanotube hasn't been very active on the forums lately?  It makes you stop and think..

That's OK. I am sure he has a great OTC Rating from people like Pirate, that trust him.

I was trolling.  Nanotube rises to the level of dev trust.  If you don't trust Nanotube, you might as well not trust Gavin, gmaxwell, etc

Or the OTC ratings for that mattter.

I am the one who knocks

That's OK. I am sure he has a great OTC Rating from people like Pirate, that trust him.

I was trolling.  Nanotube rises to the level of dev trust.  If you don't trust Nanotube, you might as well not trust Gavin, gmaxwell, etc

Or the OTC ratings for that mattter.
vip

I heart thebaron

Activity: 686
Merit: 564
HOWEVER some of team ponzi (namely JoelKatz) have gone on about receipt of stolen money.  So I was just wondering if they were going to play by their own rules.
Well, that's going to be a fun one. On the one hand, it is probably stolen money. On the other hand, one of the things that makes ponzi schemes particularly insidious - and proably one of the reasons JoelKatz has been banging on a lot about stolen money - is that they give canny investors who realise the whole shebang is a ponzi a financial incentive to insist as loudly and convincingly as possible that the scheme can't possibly be a ponzi, that they'll get their money back if they just wait, that anyone who claims otherwise is just trolling...

Under those circumstances, giving ponzi-suppoers the power to effectively impose a financial penalty on anyone who wants to point out that it is actually a ponzi is a pretty bad thing, and that's effectively what letting them pressuring Vandroiy into either taking this bet or shutting up only to try and take his winnings away as "stolen goods" after he wins is doing.
Pages:
Jump to: