Pages:
Author

Topic: Putting your money where Pirate's mouth is. - page 5. (Read 73367 times)

Activity: 695
Merit: 500
September 06, 2012, 03:37:44 AM
I have a reputation as a troll first and foremost.

Least confidence-building thing you've said all week, Matt. Sad

That will be corrected when he will have paid out his bets.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
September 06, 2012, 03:36:28 AM
Considering I don't know you -at all- I would say most know me better lol

I am certainly hoping that you have a good reputation and want to keep it. Smiley

If you try, you can succeed at anything!
Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
September 06, 2012, 03:33:01 AM

I am certainly hoping that you have a good reputation and want to keep it. Smiley

September 06, 2012, 03:19:01 AM

September 06, 2012, 03:15:16 AM

September 06, 2012, 03:11:08 AM
Curious to hear whether Matt paid you.

He wrote he will deal with his bets beginning on September 9th.

This makes at least some sense, as his other bets end on that day, so I will wait until then without throwing a tantrum. Smiley

Does anybody here know Matthew N. Wright (or the actual person behind that account) better than I do? He seemed like a different person some time ago.

September 06, 2012, 03:05:02 AM

He wrote he will deal with his bets beginning on September 9th.

This makes at least some sense, as his other bets end on that day, so I will wait until then without throwing a tantrum. Smiley

Does anybody here know Matthew N. Wright (or the actual person behind that account) better than I do? He seemed like a different person some time ago.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Firstbits : 1Hannes
September 06, 2012, 02:32:37 AM
… use the Vandroiy bet conditions, because they are clearly laid out and fine-tuned. If Vandroiy wins his BTC5,000, you pay me, if Vandroiy loses, I pay you. …

I accept your conditions. I'm betting 10,000BTC already in another thread however, although at the moment of writing this, 4995.89114457 BTC has been bet leaving me with 5004.10885543 BTC left to bet with. Name your bet please.

Let's leave it at BTC250 then. That's about my limit without escrow.

This is my offer. If you accept it, we have a deal.

Agreed. For my own accounting purposes I will add it to the same spreadsheet as I use for other betters of the betting thread, but I concede publicly that it is in fact a separate bet entirely and an exact mimc of the strict guidelines in Vandroiy and Pirate's bet. Good luck!

Time to pay up. I am sending my bitcoin address to you by PM.

I'm still curious why you made this hopeless bet. Care to explain? Did you get messages from the pirate that sounded so believable that you fell for them?

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
September 05, 2012, 06:35:38 PM
This is the first long thread I've read though on this forum

I am so so sorry. Please pass my condolences to your widow.
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
September 05, 2012, 02:40:42 PM
Happy days, is Vandroiy already in control of his well-deserved earnings?
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
September 05, 2012, 11:57:09 AM
This is the first long thread I've read though on this forum and I must say....

Cool drama!

And why are people betting on if this guy is gonna pay?  He's not.  Why would you bet that a con-artist is going to have a change of heart.  People don't change without something making them... Unless someone finds him and puts the hurt on him, he's not going to pay.  Simple.  Now give me all you're bitcoins....

...for science. 
Activity: 532
September 04, 2012, 12:03:17 AM
One thing still unclear to me (assuming it was indeed a scam) is why he hasn't severed all communications and just went poof.

Because any big money lenders who could potentially take action are either privy to info that no one else has or are just still convinced by his presence that they will still get their money back.

I think I'm about the only large account that at this point thinks it was a scam or he just ran off with the money. I assume this because I keep getting sent messages like, "Don't call pirate names, you are going to hurt his feelings!!"

I think pirate is actually a member of the [img=http://www.hubculture.com/]http://Hub Cult[/img]

and with the coins he is going to...

zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
September 03, 2012, 03:11:26 PM
One thing still unclear to me (assuming it was indeed a scam) is why he hasn't severed all communications and just went poof.

Because any big money lenders who could potentially take action are either privy to info that no one else has or are just still convinced by is presence that they will still get their money back.

There it is !!!
The first step!
And in such a long sentence without kommata Wink

Cheers Zyk

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
September 03, 2012, 12:37:47 PM
I'm amazed that people are still using GPUMax. Even you were getting value for money, wouldn't you feel morally obliged not to use it?

zlol

Pirate needs to finish his laundry. Don't bother him.  Tongue

When will the bet end? (Or is it over already?)

It's over, as of a few days ago when two weeks had passed without withdrawals being processed. Vandroiy won obviously.

sweet.
Activity: 560
I am the one who knocks
September 03, 2012, 08:42:44 AM
I'm amazed that people are still using GPUMax. Even you were getting value for money, wouldn't you feel morally obliged not to use it?

zlol

It's over, as of a few days ago when two weeks had passed without withdrawals being processed. Vandroiy won obviously.

And as far as I know Matt's bet is over on the 9th.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
September 03, 2012, 07:31:04 AM

zlol

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
September 03, 2012, 07:23:49 AM

zlol

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
September 02, 2012, 09:41:18 PM
September 02, 2012, 05:34:44 PM

Because he has so far always been able to confuse and delay everybody. He may still need time to launder money by means of some mining operation (GPUmax?).
Activity: 504
September 02, 2012, 03:48:38 PM

Because any big money lenders who could potentially take action are either privy to info that no one else has or are just still convinced by his presence that they will still get their money back.
Pages:
Jump to: