Pages:
Author

Topic: python OpenCL bitcoin miner - page 8. (Read 1238802 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091
July 08, 2011, 01:03:11 AM
Is there not a fallback command for Linux or what? It works on Windows...

Are you sure that you are passing a list of servers to "--servers" ?

Activity: 262
Merit: 250
Dubs Get
July 08, 2011, 12:48:52 AM

sure it have

--failback=X
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
July 07, 2011, 07:05:48 PM
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
July 07, 2011, 06:51:25 PM
Miner cant connect to deepbit, but it also cant connect to backup pool cuz "username or password not correct". They are correct and miner just stuck... Restarting results in going to backup pool or giving same message about login details.

BTW, can u add to circumstances to restart/go to backup

-when message 'verification failed...'
-when wrong username or password (cuz of pool problem or just user mistake)
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
July 07, 2011, 12:01:24 AM
please bring back the old kernel
the new kernel is very bad for my nvidia card
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
July 06, 2011, 03:35:39 PM
On the latest version (yesterday) I keep getting this error on my 2nd rig Ubuntu 10.10 Cat11.6 SDK 2.4  (2nd card 5830), identical to the 1st rig and the miner just hangs there, can't ctrl-c out and if I close the terminal - the whole machine locks up. The first card (5870 - Still working)

pit.deepbit.net:8332 06/07/2011 15:19:50, long poll exception:                  
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/aa/poclbm/BitcoinMiner.py", line 338, in longPollThread
    (connection, result) = self.request(connection, url, self.headers)
  File "/home/aa/poclbm/BitcoinMiner.py", line 296, in request
    response = connection.getresponse()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 990, in getresponse
    response.begin()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 391, in begin
    version, status, reason = self._read_status()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 349, in _read_status
    line = self.fp.readline()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/socket.py", line 427, in readline
    data = recv(1)
error: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer
pit.deepbit.net:8332 06/07/2011 15:20:40, long poll: new block XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXc
pit.deepbit.net:8332 06/07/2011 15:22:19, long poll: new block XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX8
pit.deepbit.net:8332 06/07/2011 15:27:26, long poll exception:                  
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/aa/poclbm/BitcoinMiner.py", line 338, in longPollThread
    (connection, result) = self.request(connection, url, self.headers)
  File "/home/aa/poclbm/BitcoinMiner.py", line 296, in request
    response = connection.getresponse()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 990, in getresponse
    response.begin()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 391, in begin
    version, status, reason = self._read_status()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 349, in _read_status
    line = self.fp.readline()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/socket.py", line 427, in readline
    data = recv(1)
error: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer

Any ideas or advice?
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
July 05, 2011, 12:51:35 PM
m0mchil: Why'd you remove the retry-on-network-error code when you merged my branch? This greatly improves yield on many pools. Also, why remove GW/Efficiency? Useful data, that! Finally, when will phatk be optional? Sad
Why would you need to retry submission? Because you either a) have connectivity problems or b) the pool is overloaded. Anyway, probability of result being valid is going down with time.
Every pool I've tried lately (BTCGuild, Bitcoins.lc, and of course Eligius) has had an occasional network error submitting blocks, even when it's not overloaded. Overload is pretty common during longpolls no matter how powerful the pool system, since it has to get new work for every single miner. What's the rationale behind giving up after one try, rather than giving it at least 5 minutes?
As for GW/Efficiency - this will soon be irrelevant because of some new protocols being developed. Even now, it assumes difficulty of 1 and will show (@ 400 Mh/s) efficiency of 50% at non-'time rolling' pools and anything above 100% (even 700%) with 'time rolling' ones (Eligius). Feel free to explain to users what/why is this. Not that it is wrong, it just doesn't make my life exactly easier.
Perhaps it should be changed from a % to a simple decimal number? Or a hidden option to enable it? --I-know-what-efficiency-is

Finally, what exactly is wrong with phatk? As far as I know, it's better on everything AMD 5xxx and up (majority of users). Nvidia users should have their own optimized miner anyway.
It uses too much system memory. In particular, I give my mining VM 256 MB RAM, and phatk just gets OOM-killed unless I add swap to it. If I go ahead and waste more RAM on it, I get a total of 1 MH/s improvement-- not worth it to me.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
July 05, 2011, 11:58:17 AM
My backup pools with @ in them work now ... so I put it down to a temp glitch

A temp glitch with some software, say it aint so Grin. Glad it's working for you now.
Activity: 792
Bite me
July 05, 2011, 11:52:58 AM
My backup pools with @ in them work now ... so I put it down to a temp glitch
July 05, 2011, 11:51:05 AM
It's something with the new connect method. If I revert to the old longPollThread it works fine.

They'll get it ironed out soon enough, hopefully.
July 05, 2011, 11:49:36 AM
Well it seems to be mining but long polling is somehow broken on btcmine.

Yea, I noticed that too. My stales are less than a half of a % though, so that's fine with me.
Activity: 292
Apparently I inspired this image.
July 05, 2011, 11:48:32 AM
one of my usernames has a @ in it so this breaks the  --servers :@: bit :-(

Yeah btcmine in particular requires the @. May need some sort of regex instead of .split('@').

I'm using the latest version with --servers at btcmine with the @ symbol and I haven't had a problem with it at all, all 4 miners
have been running for days with out a hiccup, So I don't think there's a problem with the @ symbol.

It's something with the new connect method. If I revert to the old longPollThread it works fine.
July 05, 2011, 11:42:48 AM

Yeah btcmine in particular requires the @. May need some sort of regex instead of .split('@').

I'm using the latest version with --servers at btcmine with the @ symbol and I haven't had a problem with it at all, all 4 miners
have been running for days with out a hiccup, So I don't think there's a problem with the @ symbol.

July 05, 2011, 10:12:13 AM

July 05, 2011, 10:00:21 AM

Activity: 171
Merit: 127
July 05, 2011, 05:34:25 AM
m0mchil: Why'd you remove the retry-on-network-error code when you merged my branch? This greatly improves yield on many pools. Also, why remove GW/Efficiency? Useful data, that! Finally, when will phatk be optional? Sad

Why would you need to retry submission? Because you either a) have connectivity problems or b) the pool is overloaded. Anyway, probability of result being valid is going down with time.

As for GW/Efficiency - this will soon be irrelevant because of some new protocols being developed. Even now, it assumes difficulty of 1 and will show (@ 400 Mh/s) efficiency of 50% at non-'time rolling' pools and anything above 100% (even 700%) with 'time rolling' ones (Eligius). Feel free to explain to users what/why is this. Not that it is wrong, it just doesn't make my life exactly easier.

Finally, what exactly is wrong with phatk? As far as I know, it's better on everything AMD 5xxx and up (majority of users). Nvidia users should have their own optimized miner anyway.
Activity: 792
Bite me
July 04, 2011, 05:00:17 AM
July 04, 2011, 01:35:05 AM
OK, I got the latest git download working but it seems to briefly go idle when ever it gets an accepted share and the GPU usage drops briefly

I don't get this problem with previous releases or other miners - is this a known problem with the latest code in git?

This is also happening for me. Every miner will drop to super low rates like 1mh/s and then get a connection error, and then go back to 350mh/s...

Just installed on my 3rd Linux rig...wtf is wrong with the new display? It keeps making blank lines and such...could you bring back the old display please?

I suspect that is a bug in that new terminal window. I get it on many different programs.

Wait so it's Linux not poclbm? I just updated all my rigs to the newest poclbm miner and it's really...weird. Windows is fine I'm running the same batch script using --user, --pass, --host, but on Linux that isn't even an option, I have to do something like --servers :@: and there are lots of connection errors/hashing inconsistencies. I'll be waiting for a fix...or it just me?
July 04, 2011, 01:22:59 AM
Just installed on my 3rd Linux rig...wtf is wrong with the new display? It keeps making blank lines and such...could you bring back the old display please?

I suspect that is a bug in that new terminal window. I get it on many different programs.

Well it's also mining super slowly for some reason...
lfm
Activity: 196
Merit: 104
July 03, 2011, 10:45:53 PM

Pages:
Jump to: