Author

Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network - page 103. (Read 249434 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Too much quiet here, maybe is the quiet before the storm?  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000
All I can say is the people need to appreciate real innovation, delivered well without any unethical marketing directed towards them. You have seen what happened to Maid, Vcash, Synereo and many others that have a long way to go before they get anywhere. Qora's been there and delivered to you. I say, use its innovative features and appreciate the innovation, that's the only way to help not just Qora but entire crypto in general Smiley
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
wallet working again, oh nice

Poloniex wallet works fine yeah but I had issues with them not releasing my coins after 4+ hours.
Did a test with polo and it took about 3-4 minutes this time to have my coins in my wallet. Not sure what happened the first time, but there's no real issue with poloniex wallet, just a big lag or something.
Small issue with Raspberry Pi 3B with an ARMv7 CPU and 1GB of RAM. At some point UI crashes and probably the service itself as well. All peers gets disconnected and it starts eating all the CPU usage and RAM.

Poloniex wallet works fine yeah but I had issues with them not releasing my coins after 4+ hours.
Activity: 109
After I played a little bit with Qora API, I consider to create a small app which stores arbitrary data on the blockchain by encode the data to byte64. What I ask myself, how do you want to prevent illegal files (for example images) stored in the block chain? Or a further example that came to my mind, a terror organization starts to use the blog system to announce information there?

I have thought that about a while. We could have a separate black list curated by people which if downloaded to your wallet would get rid of and block all those objectionable things. There could be a separate website out there with blacklists curated by different groups (who crowdsource it to their members), so you can just download the most reputable one from time to time and update your software. That way you would avoid all the bad stuff. Also, I think there should be a way so that those groups that curate lists get paid in some way that is built in into the software.

I think crowetic (et al) have it in the road map to use whitelisting for qora as it exists now. Qora 2.0 will use encryption on the blockchain. I don't think the final decision has been made, but whitelisting is easier than blacklisting.

Interestings points!

Could you explain how whitelising should work on the blockchain from the technical side?

Nope. But from a non-technical side I would assume that if you hold a specific private key you can put different information types on the chain whereas if you don't have one of the whitelist addresses then you can only publish information related to transactions of the asset(s).
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
After I played a little bit with Qora API, I consider to create a small app which stores arbitrary data on the blockchain by encode the data to byte64. What I ask myself, how do you want to prevent illegal files (for example images) stored in the block chain? Or a further example that came to my mind, a terror organization starts to use the blog system to announce information there?

I have thought that about a while. We could have a separate black list curated by people which if downloaded to your wallet would get rid of and block all those objectionable things. There could be a separate website out there with blacklists curated by different groups (who crowdsource it to their members), so you can just download the most reputable one from time to time and update your software. That way you would avoid all the bad stuff. Also, I think there should be a way so that those groups that curate lists get paid in some way that is built in into the software.

I think crowetic (et al) have it in the road map to use whitelisting for qora as it exists now. Qora 2.0 will use encryption on the blockchain. I don't think the final decision has been made, but whitelisting is easier than blacklisting.

Interestings points!

Could you explain how whitelising should work on the blockchain from the technical side?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
Hello all,

Just noticed that Qora deposits & withdrawals are again available on Poloniex.

Cheers!

-otp

Was just about to post that haha

Cheers everyone!!

Awesome, great to see that Polo wallets are working again =)
Activity: 70
thankz for information @otp
Activity: 109

legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

Hello all,

Cheers!

-otp

Was just about to post that haha

Cheers everyone!!
otp
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Hello all,

Cheers!

-otp
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

Terror organizations like CNN? Smiley Decentralization is what it is.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Offer escrow, receive negative trust
-[Update]- QORA on Polo reply-

Quote from: poloniex
Hi Jason Crowe,

I am sorry for the delay, rest assured we are working on this and will contact you soon with news.

Best regards,

Johnny Garcia
Poloniex Support

"we are working on this"

...and how long has QORA been in maintenaince now?  I've had multiple wallets down & fixed again over the span of however many weeks this has been....??
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
-[Update]- QORA on Polo reply-

Quote from: poloniex
Hi Jason Crowe,

I am sorry for the delay, rest assured we are working on this and will contact you soon with news.

Best regards,

Johnny Garcia
Poloniex Support
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
i still hold my 20000 qora in my computer , any idea?  long time but i have not any impulse to sell them. Undecided
Jump to: