Author

Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network - page 108. (Read 249434 times)

Activity: 568
Merit: 703
Their config looked alright to me, aside from the minconnections=1... I think that's too small, right?

Hmm you could be right.
I mean default is "minconnections":10, I'm using it and it synced fine.
Why would they change it to 1 anyway?
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
-[ANNouncement]- QORA on polo communications...

Hello everyone, I just wanted to pass along the information that poloniex has given me, regarding why their withdrawals are still disabled...

They've told me that they're unable to keep their wallet sync'd... Which is strange, because I have about 5 nodes up and running and sync'd. I told them to remove the db and let it sync again, but for whatever reason that isn't working for them. I also gave them a long list of nodes to add, which they did... Here's what they told me about what they're seeing (seems like a networking issue on their side to me, but if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know so that I can pass it on to them. Thanks!)

Quote from: poloniex
We can't get our node to sync; it always gets stuck at a block near the current one. The last attempt was made using the partial blockchain snapshot you provided and adding the new explorer as a known peer, but it failed pretty quickly with this error:

Exception in thread "Thread-13" java.io.IOError: java.io.IOException: Checksum does not match, data broken

Best regards,

Tristan
Poloniex Support

I then told them to try deleting and re-sync the db...

Thanks for the suggestion, but it is something we have tried many times. Sometimes it will sync once, but then stop getting new blocks.

Best regards,

Tristan
Poloniex Support

Then I said that they looked like they were having a network issue, and asked for config...

Also suggested that they turn forging off...

The problems actually started as soon as we turned forging off. I tried turning it back on, but it seems to find blocks too fast and get itself on a fork pretty quickly. The wallet is running in a fresh Debian environment. settings.json:

{
 "knownpeers":[
 "216.126.198.26",
 "188.166.53.239",
 "78.42.234.55",
 "77.88.208.12",
 "37.157.193.229",
 "203.87.156.149",
 "198.199.103.12",
 "188.166.16.64",
 "104.172.66.205",
 "61.186.94.151",
 "188.68.49.137",
 "128.199.45.81"
 ],
 "rpcallowed":[
 "127.0.0.1"
 ],
 "weballowed":[
 "127.0.0.1"
 ],
 "guienabled":false,
 "rpcenabled":true,
 "webenabled":false,
 "systray":false,
 "maxconnections":100,
 "minconnections":1,
 "generatorkeycaching":false,
 "checkpoint":true,
 "soundreceivepayment":false,
 "soundnewtransaction":false,
 "soundreceivemessage":false
}

Best regards,

Tristan
Poloniex Support

Their config looked alright to me, aside from the minconnections=1... I think that's too small, right? I set mine to minimum of 5 or 10 usually. Maybe this is why they are not receiving new blocks if they're only connected to 1 peer and they're happy with that...

If anyone has other nodes, lets give them those, and I'm working on getting my node at qora.tech back online as well now, I've got a new host setup so it should be for sure first part of next week.
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000
Looking good. Run polls, host your site, manage projects, etc. all on Qora. A lot of people should start using it eventually
Activity: 399
Merit: 250
Activity: 539
Merit: 265
I agree with you!
Qora is a hidden gem

The price should rise radical,  when polo will fix their issues and a few more guys notice what is going on with Qora

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
-[ANNouncement]- Quoth prototype launched on QORA mainnet!

That's right! The decentralized application we're calling Quoth for now (name may change) is currently deployed in prototype phases on the mainnet of QORA!

The way you can access it, is by using ANY QORA node, whether local or hosted, and going to [node address]:9090/quothprototype.

On this page, you will be prompted for a password... Now, this password is what will generate your WALLET addresses that will be used with Quoth, so please, use a password that you would secure funds with.

This works very similar to the BURST wallet, save your passphrase in a location that you'll be able to copy/paste it IDENTICALLY every time. Otherwise you'll end up with new addresses when typing a modified password.

I always say, try it twice, if you get the same addresses both times, then you know you're doing it right.

There will be easier ways of getting this done in the near future, similar to the BURST passphrase manager. But this is merely a prototype.

Once you've created your account (by simply making up a password) you'll be logged into the Quoth interface. At the bottom left, you'll see a drop-down menu with many QORA addresses. Simply click one of those addresses, and it will show up at the bottom of the selection box. When it is there, you can click/drag and select that address.

You need to FUND ONE OF THE ADDRESSES, that you wish to use to communicate. Currently Quoth uses coins to send messages. That can be modified in the future with the addition of a new type of transaction to QORA.

So, you will send some QORA to the address you chose, then wait for a confirmation. Once the funds are confirmed in that address, you can send messages!

Bear in mind, right now it is a total prototype, and there are bound to be issues that you run into. Also, there is no way to create private rooms, or do direct p2p messaging at this time, these types of things will all be added in future versions.

If you notice any 'bugs' please report them in Quoth, or here. In the Technical thread in Quoth, you will see I've setup a bit of instruction as well as a default way of formatting messages for the developer.

***message for developer about anything you notice or would like to see added***

Enjoy making use of the prototype, and we'll be providing more information as far as what will be added in the future! Thanks!

I'm very impressed to see something new and exciting for Qora, that I think it will benefit the crypto currency not only in price, but also in making it even more usable than ever before. That being said, this would definitely make Qora one of the most advanced cryptocurrencies out there and even better than NEM, in my opinion.

I've been away from Qora for quite some time, but now that I've seen this, my hopes have gone up and I would like to get back into buying and forging QORA. If you or anybody else know of a site where I can keep up to date with the latest updates of QORA, I would greatly appreciate your help with sharing the links to the same. I will be following this project very closely over the next days.  Smiley
legendary
We should look forward to greater user adoption of Qora. The crypto community must appreciate innovation if crypto has to progress.

First move to 15 SAT and now 11 SAT that is really crazy. Good time to buy?

Best Regards Christian

overall is the 10-14 SAT range a very good admission imho, the price was at 70sat on the highest peak!

It's german:
https://altcoinspekulant.wordpress.com/tag/qora/
"Ich vermute der Kurs sollte bei 15 Satoshi (buy) eine Unterstützung finden"

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

Best Regards Christian

I think QORA has a very good price to buy now; actual price is maintained in a closed loop trading environment with the same amount of QORA coins, when POLO wallet will be enabled (which means the volumes will increase) and the project will move from incipient phase, the price should explode.
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348

Best Regards Christian
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
Sorry, I actually meant announcement post, not announcement thread.

Crowetic posted an announcement of a new Qora evolution document and plans for further developments here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16714094

Absolutely! I just read the document about plans for Qora which crowetic provided and the announcement thread of a decentralized slack clone. This all really sounds amazing. If everything comes as planned, the price will definitely surpass 100 Sats. I'd like to compare Qora with NEM. At the present state, Qora has better tech than NEM and similar amount of coins, but NEM is around 40-50 more valuable than Qora. There is much space for increase.

but unfortunately,price not followed。

Qora is a great coin.

The current price of Qora is only a temporary phase. One of the main reason for the current price of Qora is the sudden increase in BTC value. (And its not just Qora. Currently, the prices of a lot of other coins are also down due to the sudden rise in BTC price).

As soon as Qora reaches its potential with new developments, Qora will cross 100 sats.

Is the announcement thread up yet? If so, link please

I really hope Qora gets the amount of attention it truly deserves. A lot of innovation went into this coin, but unfortunately it wasn't noticed by the wider crypto community. Kinda unexpected if you ask me and it creates an impression that the crypto community is not encouraging innovation as much as it should.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
I think people sell their coins on POLO because these are stacked there ; finally nobody knows why W/D service is disabled? POLO admins said  that the wallet is in maintenance and they don't know how long will be like that; is the POLO act or there are other reasons?

I've already submitted a ticket to polo, explaining to them exactly how to fix their issues... and showing them the new nodes that I've put online... (and there are more coming.) So I'm not sure what their current 'issue' is, though I'm certainly going to be putting in another ticket about it...

Thanks for your implication!

legendary
-[ANNouncement]- Quoth prototype launched on QORA mainnet!

That's right! The decentralized application we're calling Quoth for now (name may change) is currently deployed in prototype phases on the mainnet of QORA!

The way you can access it, is by using ANY QORA node, whether local or hosted, and going to [node address]:9090/quothprototype.

On this page, you will be prompted for a password... Now, this password is what will generate your WALLET addresses that will be used with Quoth, so please, use a password that you would secure funds with.

This works very similar to the BURST wallet, save your passphrase in a location that you'll be able to copy/paste it IDENTICALLY every time. Otherwise you'll end up with new addresses when typing a modified password.

I always say, try it twice, if you get the same addresses both times, then you know you're doing it right.

There will be easier ways of getting this done in the near future, similar to the BURST passphrase manager. But this is merely a prototype.

Once you've created your account (by simply making up a password) you'll be logged into the Quoth interface. At the bottom left, you'll see a drop-down menu with many QORA addresses. Simply click one of those addresses, and it will show up at the bottom of the selection box. When it is there, you can click/drag and select that address.

You need to FUND ONE OF THE ADDRESSES, that you wish to use to communicate. Currently Quoth uses coins to send messages. That can be modified in the future with the addition of a new type of transaction to QORA.

So, you will send some QORA to the address you chose, then wait for a confirmation. Once the funds are confirmed in that address, you can send messages!

Bear in mind, right now it is a total prototype, and there are bound to be issues that you run into. Also, there is no way to create private rooms, or do direct p2p messaging at this time, these types of things will all be added in future versions.

If you notice any 'bugs' please report them in Quoth, or here. In the Technical thread in Quoth, you will see I've setup a bit of instruction as well as a default way of formatting messages for the developer.

***message for developer about anything you notice or would like to see added***

Enjoy making use of the prototype, and we'll be providing more information as far as what will be added in the future! Thanks!

Also, there is a project on CIYAM open project management tool called 'QORA Evolution', this has funding addresses tied to it in BURST. (Numeric BURST address.) Anyone can donate funds there to help with development.

Dev Donations are accepted, this work doesn't happen without MUCH effort. Thanks!

Alternatively, you can donate to this BTC address - 1E7xZ2pANGeWCwybvzqYv9o5ovqBq4GeQA

or this QORA address - QgnUoeWnc3UioNgYHknAJpkcJQv5CgjXNs

If you would like the funding to go to a particular area of development, make note of that to me when sending your donation, and I will convert to BURST and put it to the address necessary, so that it will show on the project management tool.

You can always donate directly to any of the BURST addresses inside the project management, as well. Thank you and Enjoy using Quoth!
legendary
I think people sell their coins on POLO because these are stacked there ; finally nobody knows why W/D service is disabled? POLO admins said  that the wallet is in maintenance and they don't know how long will be like that; is the POLO act or there are other reasons?

I've already submitted a ticket to polo, explaining to them exactly how to fix their issues... and showing them the new nodes that I've put online... (and there are more coming.) So I'm not sure what their current 'issue' is, though I'm certainly going to be putting in another ticket about it...

Absolutely! I just read the document about plans for Qora which crowetic provided and the announcement thread of a decentralized slack clone. This all really sounds amazing. If everything comes as planned, the price will definitely surpass 100 Sats. I'd like to compare Qora with NEM. At the present state, Qora has better tech than NEM and similar amount of coins, but NEM is around 40-50 more valuable than Qora. There is much space for increase.

Qora is a great coin.

The current price of Qora is only a temporary phase. One of the main reason for the current price of Qora is the sudden increase in BTC value. (And its not just Qora. Currently, the prices of a lot of other coins are also down due to the sudden rise in BTC price).

As soon as Qora reaches its potential with new developments, Qora will cross 100 sats.

I really hope Qora gets the amount of attention it truly deserves. A lot of innovation went into this coin, but unfortunately it wasn't noticed by the wider crypto community. Kinda unexpected if you ask me and it creates an impression that the crypto community is not encouraging innovation as much as it should.

I'm right there with you!
"unfortunately it wasn't noticed by the wider crypto community"

It's merely a matter of time, when Qora will reach a new climax
the green candle is already on the way.
legendary

Qora is a great coin.

tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

Qora is a great coin.

legendary
Activity: 1367
NXT stole ideas from our developers
Very strange and sad accusation Cry
as we all know that PoS isn't optimal.
Please, speak for yoirself, not for "all" Angry
Jump to: