Author

Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network - page 158. (Read 249434 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Why is the Qora withdrawal disabled on BTer?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hi !

I'm new to qora.
I downloaded the windows client today and launched it however I cant seem to fully synchronize it.
It seems to hang half way through each time I try to launch it.
First time it stopped at 49% now it just stopped at 23 % with no further movement.

What can I do ?

On another subject, I am a web developper with decent experience in Java javascript and various related techs.
Is there something the qora project needs help with that I could participate in ?

Cheers

I have same issue with windows client, synchronization highest level reached 47%. I have installed Windows 10.. Help!!!

As a quick fix you can download the datafolder here http://qora.co.in/?datafolder

It's working!!! Thank you so much.
Activity: 84
Merit: 15
This is a awsome Project and have a real future. This is the future of internet.

How to make a post on the public blog of Qora
Look that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNonZbsc6ck

This is not a another Mambo Jambo Coin !
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
I've been asked by a few forum members about how a Qora fork would differ from Qora itself and I think that is a very important point to consider (as to whether this should be supported or not and I'm not going to be pushing for this but just providing some ideas).

My thinking is along the lines of perhaps addressing the gap that was left after the basic failure of the Diaspora project (so maybe have the focus being on the "social network" aspect).

IMO charging fees for posting blog entries isn't going to work so the fork would be support a different approach that would allow blog entries to be created without fees (anti-spamming would be handled in another way). The concept of private blogs (with subscriptions being controlled by the creator) is something I think would be useful to add.

Also I think it would be nice to have a decentralised forum - so that might be another key aspect.

I also don't think that such a fork would bother with Assets or Names and its voting system would be according to minting accounts rather than POS (so it should end up being quite a different beast).
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
my magic is growing strong[er]
Let's make CIYAM Cora's very own MS (but with radically new meaning since it's a community driven project so CIYAM (and Cora) will never ever end up like the MS that exists today. It will be tough though (I suspect for some time at least), since there aren't such very deep pockets like MS has.
legendary
If you write the property with java and then read it you will have no problem. This variable is written by advanced installer during windows installation and then read with java and that leads to problems here, because advanced installer writes it in this "bad way". Java itself does proper escaping of course.

Ouch - am guessing a bug report to the "not so advanced" installer might be in order. Cheesy
Activity: 913
Merit: 664
Sure "/" will do fine too, that is also the way it is already fixed in the code. The variable with problems is only used in windows version to avoid right restrictions.

For sure having to deal with '\' is a PITA (there is a lot of "escaping" code throughout the CIYAM project that is conditionally compiled for Windows although I would have thought that Java programs wouldn't have such problems).

If you write the property with java and then read it you will have no problem. This variable is written by advanced installer during windows installation and then read with java and that leads to problems here, because advanced installer writes it in this "bad way". Java itself does proper escaping of course.
Activity: 399
Merit: 250
legendary
Sure "/" will do fine too, that is also the way it is already fixed in the code. The variable with problems is only used in windows version to avoid right restrictions.

For sure having to deal with '\' is a PITA (there is a lot of "escaping" code throughout the CIYAM project that is conditionally compiled for Windows although I would have thought that Java programs wouldn't have such problems).
Current windows version unfortunately has a bug that will be fixed in the next version. Open your settings.json located in your qora installation folder and edit the path so that it contains double backslashes instead of single ones!
That might help regarding your problem.

You can use '/' with Windows (it doesn't work so well with console command programs as '/' is the option prefix rather than '-' but it works fine for POSIX things like file operations).

(so you can use '/' in config files for both Linux and Windows assuming that is being used to identify file or folder names)

legendary
Current windows version unfortunately has a bug that will be fixed in the next version. Open your settings.json located in your qora installation folder and edit the path so that it contains double backslashes instead of single ones!

You can use '/' with Windows (it doesn't work so well with console command programs as '/' is the option prefix rather than '-' but it works fine for POSIX things like file operations).

(so you can use '/' in config files for both Linux and Windows assuming that is being used to identify file or folder names)
I also cannot run the windows wallet on windows 10. I get the qora banner popup and then it crashes. Any ideas?

Hi !

I'm new to qora.
I downloaded the windows client today and launched it however I cant seem to fully synchronize it.
First time it stopped at 49% now it just stopped at 23 % with no further movement.

What can I do ?

On another subject, I am a web developper with decent experience in Java javascript and various related techs.
Is there something the qora project needs help with that I could participate in ?

Cheers

I have same issue with windows client, synchronization highest level reached 47%. I have installed Windows 10.. Help!!!

As a quick fix you can download the datafolder here http://qora.co.in/?datafolder
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
I also cannot run the windows wallet on windows 10. I get the qora banner popup and then it crashes. Any ideas?
Are private keys (seeds) that were created using first version of qora from 2014 still valid? I wonder if it's worth looking for it.

Seeds are still valid but you will need the cooresponding password. Were you part of the genesis? Who knows, you my have a nice score given the increase in price?  Shocked Grin

You only need the seed! The password is only for local encryption, and yes the seeds from 2014 are still valid.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hi !

I'm new to qora.

What can I do ?

Cheers

Activity: 585
I am not sure what is the best for Qora - with or without Azure...
But we should think about CIYAMs posting! His opinion is very important for Qora!

Agree 100% this is a very good point.
Are private keys (seeds) that were created using first version of qora from 2014 still valid? I wonder if it's worth looking for it.

Seeds are still valid but you will need the cooresponding password. Were you part of the genesis? Who knows, you my have a nice score given the increase in price?  Shocked Grin
xyz
Activity: 1848
Merit: 772
I am not sure what is the best for Qora - with or without Azure...
But we should think about CIYAMs posting! His opinion is very important for Qora!

Giving up rights to the software is a very bad idea and it would likely mean that the plans for the CIYAM Developers to create a clone of Qora would have to be scrapped.

That being said it is up to the Qora community and developers to decide their future direction (so for now I will simply watch and see what unfolds).

Note that if the CIYAM Developers do end up creating a clone we would very much desire the assistance of the existing Qora developers and community (if there is no such support then it would be less likely to be worth the effort).

And what is the Qora team's opinion?
Hi !

I'm new to qora.

What can I do ?

Cheers

Welcome to the project. I think you are joining at a great time - please talk to 'agran' or 'skerberus' who are part of the core dev team. Great to have you on board!  edit - there is also a slack channel where the devs can be found: http://slack.qora.co.in/

Regarding the wallet: I like to download and use the most recent data folder here for quick install: http://qora.co.in/?datafolder. Delete the current data folder and wallet from the main qora folder and try to launch again with the dowloaded data folder. You will need to enter your seed and password again. Let us know how it goes.  Smiley
Jump to: