Author

Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network - page 162. (Read 249434 times)

legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
Have any of the Qora-developers been in contact with Bter.com regarding their wallet issues?

I made a withdrawal from them over 7 months ago which hasn't gone through yet, and every time I ask them about it I get pretty much the same generic "sorry the wallet is not working that good right now"-answer. It seems like they refuse to tell me any more about it.

Bter THIEVES delisted Qora !!!!!!!!

Always thought they were pretty shady, but now I can upgrade that opinion to flat out scammer scum.  Glad I only had a small amount of Qora on there and did most of my trading elsewhere.  I'm assuming anything we had on there is essentially lost since withdrawing never worked anyway and you can't sell if it's been delisted.

Just dumped every other coin I had on there and requested withdrawal for the small amount of BTC it amounted to (which, knowing them, I probably won't receive anyway).  Never using them again.
xyz
Activity: 1848
Merit: 772
The release is delayed, it is likely to be in a week.

Thanks for the info!
Good work needs time! Smiley
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
The release is delayed, it is likely to be in a week.
Activity: 561
Merit: 500
Have any of the Qora-developers been in contact with Bter.com regarding their wallet issues?

I made a withdrawal from them over 7 months ago which hasn't gone through yet, and every time I ask them about it I get pretty much the same generic "sorry the wallet is not working that good right now"-answer. It seems like they refuse to tell me any more about it.

Bter THIEVES delisted Qora !!!!!!!!
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
thank you very much

You are very welcome.  Wink  Below is a short list of resources if you wish to learn more:

1. To learn more about Qora's AT core (Automated Transactions) and what it's capable of, please visit CIYAM's page: https://ciyam.org/at/

2. To follow Ian's progress on Bitcoin ACCT and decentralized exchange, please go to this page:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598860.60

3. To see a list of AT-based scripts currently deployed on Qora BlockChain, please visit this link: http://qora.co.in:9090/index/blockexplorer.html?aTs

4. You can access the Qora Decentralized Exchange via the "ACCT" tab in the client (Currently only available for QORA/BURST pair).. You can also check out Qora's Asset Exchange by going to the "Asset" tab...

Hope this helps to get you started!  Cheesy

PS: Don't forget to join the Qora Slack Chatroom! http://slack.qora.co.in/... There are actually lots of exciting developments with Qora client.. I'm not sure if I have the dev team's permission to share it here.. So I'll just urge anyone who is interested in learning to join the channel.  Smiley
ern
Activity: 81

Activity: 913
Merit: 664
Is there a paperwallet or other cold storage possibility for QORA?

There is currently no paperwallet as far as I know.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Is there a paperwallet or other cold storage possibility for QORA?
Activity: 770
How far until this great technology comes to reality

It's just a few posts before mine... lol.. Go to page 16, and read CIYAM's statement... I am not going to add another word to CIYAM's post.  Smiley

This may very well be why we saw a price spike. Unfortunately, it is apparent that CIYAM's implementation is very complicated for the non-technical type. It does, however, appeal to a lot of crypto-users and has tremendous potential if simplified. I really hope we see further improvements and adoption. Imagine a Shapeshift that is not centralized.

Unfortunately although we have already created (and tested) an ACCT Bitcoin script that uses CLTV the UI side of things is what really takes quite a bit of time and we don't think that releasing an unfriendly and mostly manual implementation would be appealing to virtually anyone so the work to develop decent UI (for the Bitcoin side of things) and to improve the UI on the Qora side of things will take some time.

That being said I do think we should be able to end up with something that is user friendly and that will be very robust (an estimate at this stage is a little hard but I would certainly think that you could expect to see a release by mid-year with this functionality).

thank you very much
Ssshhh... keep it quiet... stil buying up...

Grin

Very Sorry if I ruined your plan!   Roll Eyes  I just wished Qora and CIYAM to have the recognition they both deserved, and I found it rather perplexing how little publicity and attention the Bitcoin ACCT breakthrough received. That's all.   Smiley

Correct me if I am wrong.. Was I correct in stating that CIYAM's implementation of Bitcoin ACCT will lead to the world's very first truly automated and server-independent decentralized Bitcoin Exchange?

MGW and InstantDex are definitely NOT true decentralized exchanges, because they are merely a layer above the asset exchange and rely on 3rd-party servers (Qora already had an asset exchange ages ago)..  As far as I'm aware, Ethereum does not have a BTC decentralized exchange yet although it was rumored that one was in the works.

To my knowledge, ACCT (Atomic Cross-Chain Transfer) is the only known way to achieve real decentralized exchange of Bitcoin and Crypto.. and CYAM's implementation is the only one in existence...  

Care to share your thought?  Smiley

It's just a few posts before mine... lol.. Go to page 16, and read CIYAM's statement... I am not going to add another word to CIYAM's post.  Smiley

This may very well be why we saw a price spike. Unfortunately, it is apparent that CIYAM's implementation is very complicated for the non-technical type. It does, however, appeal to a lot of crypto-users and has tremendous potential if simplified. I really hope we see further improvements and adoption. Imagine a Shapeshift that is not centralized.

Unfortunately although we have already created (and tested) an ACCT Bitcoin script that uses CLTV the UI side of things is what really takes quite a bit of time and we don't think that releasing an unfriendly and mostly manual implementation would be appealing to virtually anyone so the work to develop decent UI (for the Bitcoin side of things) and to improve the UI on the Qora side of things will take some time.

That being said I do think we should be able to end up with something that is user friendly and that will be very robust (an estimate at this stage is a little hard but I would certainly think that you could expect to see a release by mid-year with this functionality).

Activity: 770
To all the newcomers and new stakeholders of Qora who wish to learn what the recent fuss is all about, here is a quick rundown!  Cheesy

Qora is about have its very own Decentralized Bitcoin Exchange, World's First!!  Grin  The decentralized Bitcoin Exchange will be based on CIYAM's implemention of ACCT (Atomic Cross-Chain Transfer) and AT technology (Automated Transaction) that was incorporated into Qora's core earlier last year.

In a nutshell, you can think of AT technology as a "processor" sitting in Qora's core that is capable of interpreting and executing machine language-like instructions in the Qora BlockChain.  The possibilities are definitely endless with Automated Transaction: For instance, you can create a Shapeshift-like Crypto exchanger that is fully automated and decentralized, or a bot that will automatically pay out dividends without human intervention... and of course, the holy grail of all Cryptos: a decentralized Bitcoin Exchange based on ACCT!

Following is a short history of Qora Automated Transaction and World's First "Atomic Cross-Chain Transfer":

1. Automated Transaction (or AT for short) was incorporated into Qora's core by one of CIYAM devs, vbcs, last year. Since then, a few "use cases" have been developed by the devs: Qora/Burst decentralized exchange and the infinite loop!  Wink

2. The very first ACCT had already been conducted between Qora and BURST some time last year.  Now, you can access the Qora Decentralized Exchange (only available for BURST/QORA for now) by going to the ACCT tab in the Qora client.

3. Ian had a major breakthrough earlier this year: as announced on his page, a Bitcoin ACCT (using CLTV) was successfully conducted earlier this year, and a "trade package" was successfully completed on March 18th.

As CIYAM has just said, we'll probably see a release by mid-year.  Grin  Also wanna take this opportunity to congratulate CIYAM team for the technological breakthrough and to my knowledge, the very first implementation of Bitcoin ACCT.  Wink Great job!

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
Ssshhh... keep it quiet... stil buying up...

Grin
To all the newcomers and new stakeholders of Qora who wish to learn what the recent fuss is all about, here is a quick rundown!  Cheesy

Qora is about have its very own Decentralized Bitcoin Exchange, World's First!!  Grin  The decentralized Bitcoin Exchange will be based on CIYAM's implemention of ACCT (Atomic Cross-Chain Transfer) and AT technology (Automated Transaction) that was incorporated into Qora's core earlier last year.

In a nutshell, you can think of AT technology as a "processor" sitting in Qora's core that is capable of interpreting and executing machine language-like instructions in the Qora BlockChain.  The possibilities are definitely endless with Automated Transaction: For instance, you can create a Shapeshift-like Crypto exchanger that is fully automated and decentralized, or a bot that will automatically pay out dividends without human intervention... and of course, the holy grail of all Cryptos: a decentralized Bitcoin Exchange based on ACCT!

Following is a short history of Qora Automated Transaction and World's First "Atomic Cross-Chain Transfer":

1. Automated Transaction (or AT for short) was incorporated into Qora's core by one of CIYAM devs, vbcs, last year. Since then, a few "use cases" have been developed by the devs: Qora/Burst decentralized exchange and the infinite loop!  Wink

2. The very first ACCT had already been conducted between Qora and BURST some time last year.  Now, you can access the Qora Decentralized Exchange (only available for BURST/QORA for now) by going to the ACCT tab in the Qora client.

3. Ian had a major breakthrough earlier this year: as announced on his page, a Bitcoin ACCT (using CLTV) was successfully conducted earlier this year, and a "trade package" was successfully completed on March 18th.

As CIYAM has just said, we'll probably see a release by mid-year.  Grin  Also wanna take this opportunity to congratulate CIYAM team for the technological breakthrough and to my knowledge, the very first implementation of Bitcoin ACCT.  Wink Great job!
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
What is the reason behind Qora price went to 35 satoshi and now it is 17 satoshi. Will it rise again?
Most of the coins in poloniex gets pumped some day or other.
Only coins with great devs and good community survive in he end.
Qora is in the right path.

Thank you so much for the update and the estimated release date!!!!!  Cheesy  Happy to see you here, Ian.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

Activity: 585
I've been following Ian's work, and I'm pretty surprised not more people have mentioned CIYAM's groundbreaking achievement with Bitcoin ACCT (using CLTV).  It sounds like a decentralized exchange between Qora and Bitcoin is just few weeks away??

Can vbcs comment on this??  Also, I'm curious if any more "test cases" based on automated transaction have been developed for Qora (ie. lottery, automated dividend payout)?

Initial work on the Wallet and Transaction packages to support ACCT (using CLTV) has been completed.

Currently it requires a fair bit of manual copy and pastes which should be able to be removed by optionally tying the Trade package to the Wallet and Transaction packages (which I think is going to be essential for this to be generally usable).

I expect this will take at least a couple of weeks after which work on being able to turn this into a combined local and blockchain application will commence.

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
BlockExplorer now now shows QRCode.
Example: http://mirror.qora.co.in:9090/index/blockexplorer.html?addr=QN5XF1YQUyVt3S1LNZtStXQCbtxyhkj2FR (Click on the icon next to the address)

It is useful when will be released a smart phone app.
I've been following Ian's work, and I'm pretty surprised not more people have mentioned CIYAM's groundbreaking achievement with Bitcoin ACCT (using CLTV).  It sounds like a decentralized exchange between Qora and Bitcoin is just few weeks away??

Can vbcs comment on this??  Also, I'm curious if any more "test cases" based on automated transaction have been developed for Qora (ie. lottery, automated dividend payout)?

Initial work on the Wallet and Transaction packages to support ACCT (using CLTV) has been completed.

Currently it requires a fair bit of manual copy and pastes which should be able to be removed by optionally tying the Trade package to the Wallet and Transaction packages (which I think is going to be essential for this to be generally usable).

I expect this will take at least a couple of weeks after which work on being able to turn this into a combined local and blockchain application will commence.

Jump to: