Author

Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network - page 153. (Read 249434 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
my magic is growing strong[er]
I am one of biggest fan with #QORA coin...
I bought #QORA when the price was 11 Satoshi...

yubsep you're lucky indeed to have bought at 11 sat but I am luckier than you to have bought at 3 sat... Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
I would ask that Qora please remove AT from the coin before going to the Azure platform.

Note that the copyright to AT is clearly marked as CIYAM Developers and we will not be signing anything to ever change that (and we'll be providing no further support to Qora should the project decide to proceed without retaining full rights to the IP).
Activity: 658
Merit: 251
I am one of biggest fan with #QORA coin...
I bought #QORA when the price was 11 Satoshi...
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Why is Bitcoin C++? Btcd written in Go isn't Bitcoin? Bitcoinj in Java not Bitcoin either? Bitcoin is a protocol that can be implemented in any language.

You are showing your ignorance now - this is not true as only the libconsensus code can be used to mine Bitcoin (without risk of forking) and that code only exists in C++.

Other implementations can be used for wallets and for blockchain explorers, etc. but not for mining Bitcoin (so such other implementations are *not Bitcoin* in any true sense).

It is becoming very clear that you have an agenda if you keep on insisting that Bitcoin wallet software is the same thing as Bitcoin itself.

Yea, this seems extremely relevant, since I'm sure there's going to be lots of people setting up nodes to mine on Azure...
legendary
Why is Bitcoin C++? Btcd written in Go isn't Bitcoin? Bitcoinj in Java not Bitcoin either? Bitcoin is a protocol that can be implemented in any language.

You are showing your ignorance now - this is not true as only the libconsensus code can be used to mine Bitcoin (without risk of forking) and that code only exists in C++.

Other implementations can be used for wallets and for blockchain explorers, etc. but not for mining Bitcoin (so such other implementations are *not Bitcoin* in any true sense).

It is becoming very clear that you have an agenda if you keep on insisting that Bitcoin wallet software is the same thing as Bitcoin itself.
legendary
What part of "Run A Full Bitcoin Node in the Cloud" isn't Bitcoin? It's not Bitcoin-Qt/Core, but it's certainly Bitcoin. It's strange being called a troll for bringing facts to the discussion rather than wild conspiracy theories.

It is not Bitcoin software (which is written in C++)  it is node.js software and if you don't know the difference then that just shows the sort of problem that we have here.

That MS is against open source software is no conspiracy theory.

Why is Bitcoin C++? Btcd written in Go isn't Bitcoin? Bitcoinj in Java not Bitcoin either? Bitcoin is a protocol that can be implemented in any language. Is Qora not real cryptocurrency because it's implemented in Java? Bitcore is a full node that syncs the entire blockchain:
Prerequisites
Node.js v0.12
~100GB of disk storage
~4GB of RAM
Saying that it's not Bitcoin is ridiculous.
legendary
What part of "Run A Full Bitcoin Node in the Cloud" isn't Bitcoin? It's not Bitcoin-Qt/Core, but it's certainly Bitcoin. It's strange being called a troll for bringing facts to the discussion rather than wild conspiracy theories.

It is not Bitcoin software (which is written in C++)  it is node.js software (written in Javascript) and if you don't know the difference then that just shows the sort of problem that we have here.

That MS is against open source software is no conspiracy theory.

http://techrights.org/2010/09/17/microsoft-management-mocks-open-source/

If you're so confident that Azure will pose no threat then please hire a law firm to check into it.
legendary

That is not Bitcoin - that is BitPay's Bitcore (please check the content of your link before typing next time unless it is your intention to mislead of course).

It's strange that suddenly this topic is starting to become "trollish" with a lot of MS supporters now appearing.

I do hope that the original dev is noticing this and what is happening to Qora.

legendary

That is not Bitcoin - that is BitPay's Bitcore (please check the content of your link before typing next time unless it is your intention to mislead of course).

It's strange that suddenly this topic is starting to become "trollish" with a lot of MS supporters now appearing.

I do hope that the original dev is noticing this and what is happening to Qora.
legendary
For one, I haven't made up my mind yet since I have lots of time to still reflect upon this issue which from current discussion prove to be quite important. I would like an expert law interpreter (specifically in this particular field) to shed more light on what the interpretation of terms concretely would most likely boil down to and then I can make a much better informed decision as to yah  or nah.

Exactly what I want - but unfortunately we have a community that seemingly can't even raise enough funds for that so they rely upon stuff posted in IRC as their proof that Microsoft (who are well known to be against open source) are not going to be any threat.

You do notice that Bitcoin is not on Azure do you not?

Anyway - as stated previously if Qora goes down this path then CIYAM and Qora will be parting ways.

Bitcoin is on Azure, fyi:
https://blog.bitpay.com/bitcore-for-microsoft-azure/
legendary
For one, I haven't made up my mind yet since I have lots of time to still reflect upon this issue which from current discussion prove to be quite important. I would like an expert law interpreter (specifically in this particular field) to shed more light on what the interpretation of terms concretely would most likely boil down to and then I can make a much better informed decision as to yah  or nah.

Exactly what I want - but unfortunately we have a community that seemingly can't even raise enough funds for that so they rely upon stuff posted in IRC as their proof that Microsoft (who are well known to be against open source) are not going to be any threat.

You do notice that Bitcoin is not on Azure do you not?

Anyway - as stated previously if Qora goes down this path then CIYAM and Qora will be parting ways.
Activity: 392
my magic is growing strong[er]
@jwinterm  It's a concern about IP ownership if you missed the previous posts.  There is also no evidence to the contrary.

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I agree with Goldenknight.

We are better off riding than we are smashing this big wave. I also think the Microsoft tin hat stuff is way off base. These are the markets that crypto have made -- not the other way around.

This is free publicity in a big market, you could come out with a statement declaring your own direction and if they end up dropping you whatever, people will dig that publicity too.
Activity: 6
fair enough

FWIW - I voted no.  Tech development on the coin must continue.  Qora will need CIYAM backing if we want long term potential.  MS Azure equates to a pump and dump IMO.  It will shift the focus from coin development to marketing.  It will only work in the short term.
legendary
@jwinterm  It's a concern about IP ownership if you missed the previous posts.  There is also no evidence to the contrary.

Look on the previous page or two of this thread. There's no evidence that Microsoft is trying to acquire IP ownership and plenty of evidence to the contrary. In fact, I posted the actual contributor license agreement if you'd care to take a look at the actual agreement rather than just listen to random internet people spew conspiracy theories.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Jeez Louise...Marc Andreessen was right when he predicted that crptocurrency - "blockchain" - would become mainstreamed like the Internet in the 1990s.

Guys,

As Nxtblg has already stated, "going mainstream" and "getting mainstream recognition" are the keywords here. It's my personal belief that we're at a stage of development when "not joining the big players means we'll be left behind and late to the game."

As for all the copyright, future-of-development issues, I'm leaning towards what jwinterm has said: all those talks of Microsoft taking control of Qora is a non-issue and not credible. If Microsoft really wants to "steal" Qora technologies (think of all those Linux clones), they can simply create a derivative coin based on Qora (Qora clone) and start from scratch. If big-name Cryptos like Ethereum, Ripple, Bitshare, and Monero have all decided to join, why shouldn't we?  Cheesy We'd want to be on the same level playing field, aren't we?

Ask yourself this: Do we have a larger user base than those coins or a larger market cap? The answer is definitely NO.  Smiley That's why we want to take advantage of Microsoft's intiative and reach a wider audience that we will otherwise not be able to reach as a small-time Crypto project. That's how we take Qora to the next level: we need the publicity and free press that come with being certified.

So far, I haven't seen any concrete evidence that would suggest Microsoft's aim is to entrap, take control, and direct future development of any Crypto project. I personally believe that their main goal is to jumpstart their "BlockChain Marketplace" and become the market leader in Blockchain-related technologies.

In this case, we should go with the "flow" rather than fight the "trend."

This is my opinion on this matter. Thank you!
Activity: 399
Activity: 6
legendary

As I mentioned in my post, we will be able to reach major corporations, banks, and other institutional players by getting on Azure. Also, by getting on Azure, we will have a lot more chance to get picked up by major news outlets like CNBC and get the press time and recognition we deserve.

Having said that, I recognize this is a decision that must be made by the entire community because this move will affect the value of all your investment. Therefore, I'd like to take this opportunity and urge everyone to withdraw your Qora from the exchanges and participate in the vote.

You can participate in the poll by casting your vote via the decentralized voting system in Qora client (Voting tab), and you can monitor the progress of the poll here: http://qora.co.in:9090/index/blockexplorer.html?poll=%20do%20you%20want%20qora%20to%20join%20microsoft%20azure%20baas%3F

As mentioned previously, the poll will run for 2 weeks and close on 15th of April. You, as a Qora holder, now have a chance to direct the destiny of Qora, so please vote confidently. Smiley Happy voting, everyone!

It's so great the Qora coin holders have the chance to vote on this MAJOR issue. Ask yourself this, if Qora gets into 'bed' with MS & Azure, do you think Microsoft will let us 'vote' on other important issues? NO, of course not, they will want to control things their way, and in any disputes they'll bully Qora community into getting whatever they want.

Microsoft does not care about decentralisation, so vote NO, and keep Qora independent!

What the everloving fuck are you talking about? What's with all the fear-mongering and tinfoil hat talk about M$ taking over Qora and controlling future development? First off, Microsoft doesn't give one or two shits about Qora. Second, there is absolutely no control handed over to Microsoft for getting Qora added as a BaaS; they get rights over what you put on their github repo and servers, i.e. a script that sets up Qora and starts syncing the blockchain. Third, if you're going to make outrageous claims, at least provide some evidence; all the people on this thread shouting about turning control over to Microsoft have supplied exactly zero relevant links backing up their (outrageous) claims of Microsoft pursuing control or adversarial legal action against Qora.

I'm not a big fan of Microsoft, and I don't care one way or another whether Qora gets added to the Azure BaaS system, but can you guys with the crazy conspiracy theories provide a little bit of evidence as to what the fuck you're actually concerned about?
Activity: 655
Merit: 500

As I mentioned in my post, we will be able to reach major corporations, banks, and other institutional players by getting on Azure. Also, by getting on Azure, we will have a lot more chance to get picked up by major news outlets like CNBC and get the press time and recognition we deserve.

Having said that, I recognize this is a decision that must be made by the entire community because this move will affect the value of all your investment. Therefore, I'd like to take this opportunity and urge everyone to withdraw your Qora from the exchanges and participate in the vote.

You can participate in the poll by casting your vote via the decentralized voting system in Qora client (Voting tab), and you can monitor the progress of the poll here: http://qora.co.in:9090/index/blockexplorer.html?poll=%20do%20you%20want%20qora%20to%20join%20microsoft%20azure%20baas%3F

As mentioned previously, the poll will run for 2 weeks and close on 15th of April. You, as a Qora holder, now have a chance to direct the destiny of Qora, so please vote confidently. Smiley Happy voting, everyone!

It's so great the Qora coin holders have the chance to vote on this MAJOR issue. Ask yourself this, if Qora gets into 'bed' with MS & Azure, do you think Microsoft will let us 'vote' on other important issues? NO, of course not, they will want to control things their way, and in any disputes they'll bully Qora community into getting whatever they want.

Microsoft does not care about decentralisation, so vote NO, and keep Qora independent!
Jump to: