Author

Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network - page 163. (Read 249434 times)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10
I am honestly surprised noone has mentioned CIYAM's progress with Bitcoin ACCT script... Am I wrong in assuming that Qora is fairly close to achieve true ACCT (Atomic Cross-Chain Transaction) with Bitcoin any day now?

Further progress has been made with the new Trade package (it's nearing functional completion) and with the help of four other batch/script files to use Bitcoin with the "-regtest" (with one of four different wallets) the following script https://github.com/ciyam/ciyam/blob/master/src/bct_acct_test.cin simulates an ACCT between two users.

In order to turn this into a usable decentralised exchange platform the Wallet package will need to be enhanced to perform the functionality that is being done manually through the CIYAM script.

The Trade package is now at the point of final testing and so should be ready any day now.

In the meantime I discovered this: https://github.com/tromp/cuckoo

There is a whitepaper for this algorithm as well and it so far looks very promising to me - it could be the final piece in the CIYAM blockchain jigsaw that I have been looking for.

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
What is the reason behind Qora price went to 35 satoshi and now it is 17 satoshi. Will it rise again?
Lots of coins were being pumped (and then dumped, but not as low as the starting price) on Poloniex (and other exchanges)

And so was Qora. Depending on the work of the devs and the amount of holders, it will probably rise again some day, doesn't have to be soon though, and it might go down some more.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
What is the reason behind Qora price went to 35 satoshi and now it is 17 satoshi. Will it rise again?
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Have you tried out AltFolio yet? Flexible Portfolio Tool.

Poloniex and bter are already supported.
How much is ccedk really used? Wondering if I add it to ...

AltFolio.ddns.net

?

Thanks for trying. Please share your experiences.
Activity: 913
Merit: 664
In order the help people get more information about qora and our vision here is an interview (with audio!) made with vrontis some time ago. If you did not hear it is a nice roundup!
https://beyondbitcoin.org/bonus-hangout-qora-vrontis-ciyam/

also qora on forbes (thanks ccedk):
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2015/08/07/cryptocurrency-nextgen-qora-reloads-with-bitcoin-exchange-social-network-enhancements/#492ffe3c64f5
xyz
Activity: 1848
Merit: 772
Seems that a lot of Qora holder now transfer their amount to polo. Polo has now about 36% of all Qora!!!!
I don't believe that this is a good way.
Polo is now forging nearly all blocks and getting nearly all fees.
Many people who now want to begin forging with a small amount of Qora will be frustrated..
What can we do to to change this situation?
Is there a way to give the fees only to the REAL holder of Qora?

Next version will allow to disable forging. Poloniex asked in the past if they should stop forging, we will ask them to stop it and I am quite sure that they will, they are very cooperative.
That's great!!! Hope Poloniex will do like you said! Thanks!!! Smiley
Seems that a lot of Qora holder now transfer their amount to polo. Polo has now about 36% of all Qora!!!!
Many people who now want to begin forging with a small amount of Qora will be frustrated..

Next version will allow to disable forging. Poloniex asked in the past if they should stop forging, we will ask them to stop it and I am quite sure that they will, they are very cooperative.
xyz
Activity: 1848
Merit: 772
How do I do the PoS?

Just unlock your wallet once. The Forging indicator should say forging enabled then. Once you are in sync it will say forging.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
To the people who still trade on BTER despite of numerous warnings:

We have been TELLING you for the past 9 months NOT to trade on BTER because they're running a scam. I'm reposting our warning messages for your benefit. Be Warned: You will NOT be able to recover/withdraw the qora you purchase on BTER, and you will NOT have our sympathy! Embarrassed Sad  If you insist on giving your money to a Chinese scam site, feel free to go ahead.  Wink Just don't come crying about it because all of us have done our best to stop you!!  Wink

Guys,

I can't fathom why anyone would continue to trade on BTER when YOU have been WARNED repeatedly that it is a SCAM site by numerous members of BTT community umpteen times!

A quick look at their wallet will reveal that BTER simply DOES NOT have enough coins to cover their balance sheets! Just do a simple math and add up all the qora listed for sale on BTER and compare the number to the fund available in their wallet!

Please stop trading on BTER and just let the site die already! Take Heed: Poloniex and CCEDK are the ONLY reliable ones at the moment. You have been warned: Withdraw all your coins from BTER immediately. Don't come crying on Qora board when you find out you cannot withdraw the qora you bought on BTER.

I can verify that BTER is, essentially, now defunct.  Assuming you want to recover some funds, rather than none, try to do your research and see if any of the coins they offer can be successfully withdrawn.  If that's the case, dump your remaining balances for BTC or CNY and purchase those coins.  Transfer them out of BTER to a more usable exchange.

The problem is that a while ago (what, a year, or so?) BTER claims they were hacked and lost a significant portion of their funds.  Having no funds available within many of their wallets, they don't have the funds to pay back user balances.  Claiming issues with blockchain wallets it just away to get around not having a contingency plan.

My hunch is that they are trying to scrape by and rebuild whatever meager business they can.  In order to avoid significant litigation, they probably (and this is a wild guess) are only paying attention to Chinese users with moderate balances.  This isn't because of prejudice.  It's more-likely because a Chinese local with a $10k balance of crypto is more likely to litigate (if that's even possible) than a US or European resident who has the same balance.

I'm sorry to hear if you have withdrawals stuck in limbo.  Unfortunately, BTER has proven time and time again that they are completely incompetent, unreliable and untrustworthy.

Begrudgingly I moved over to Poloniex since it has significant volume (ETH trading is over 20k BTC/day?!)  There is also CCEDK which I think deserves support but the last time I checked, their volume was so low, significant trades were not feasible.

Guys,

I can't fathom why anyone would continue to trade on BTER when YOU have been WARNED repeatedly that it is a SCAM site by numerous members of BTT community umpteen times!

Can confirm.

Bter stole our Qora over 9 months ago and despite harrassing them for 9 months relentlessly they still will not make good and have finally stopped responding to our support request.

It is our belief that Bter has been running a fractional reserve for more than a year.

Many articles were published on our blog about this as well as in Youtube/Disqus comments or anywhere anyone brought up Bter in an attempt to warn unsuspecting users.

We also posted these warning on Bter's site within as many coin reviews as we could during that time.

Do not trade on Bter. Let them die.

Go Qora!!!
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Soon will be released version 0.26.0. Also in active development smartphone app.
Activity: 561
Merit: 500
I was just browsing BTER ,i came to know that they have now disabled QORA withdrawal. (It was withdrawable yesterday).Hope they are working on solving QORA wallet issues.

it wasnt withdravable for more than 8 month
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
I was just browsing BTER ,i came to know that they have now disabled QORA withdrawal. (It was withdrawable yesterday).Hope they are working on solving QORA wallet issues.
legendary
Activity: 942
Merit: 1026
Very nice, awesome and professional-look QORA wallet! great work! And 1000+ BTC wall on poloniex! wow! https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_qora
the volume is impressive.
based on the volume QORA is No.8 on coinmarketcap Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Quick note:

BTER didn't have a problem sending over 2.5 Mil crypti (correct me if I'm wrong) over to LISK ICO right before closing.

The ceo of BTER even did it himself personally, makes you wonder huh?  Wink
Activity: 123
My 3.3 million QORA are still locked in bter withdrawal.
Has anybody received QORA from bter in past months?
Activity: 132
Hi All,

I have transferred 3 btc worth of Qora coins from bter.com to polo but it is still showing null in qora block explorer. What could be the issue?

It also happened to me just now.

I have the same problem as well. I wonder how much they are holding up like that
Jump to: