Pages:
Author

Topic: Qt Bitcoin Trader [Open Source secure trading client for Mac/Windows/Linux] - page 77. (Read 383267 times)

legendary
Activity: 1035
Merit: 1065
Everything "looks" correct. (I have small doubts as I don't know how the internals of your program keeps tabs on previous sold prices)

What is "tabs on previous sold prices"?

Sorry for my bad English.

Could you explain what kind of visibility you are referring to?

I mean SpinBox in UI or text field to display Total to buy and Amount to receive values.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003
I noticed only a few typo's on the UI sample that you sent. "bo" should be "to". Otherwise it looks good!

Thanks.

I'm trying to understand you, but my English is not perfect.

Is values required to be visible to make what you want?

Is this variables calculated this way you need?
Total to buy at last price = BalanceUSD/LastPrice-Fee

Total to Receive at last price = BalanceBTC*LastPrice-Fee
Everything "looks" correct. (I have small doubts as I don't know how the internals of your program keeps tabs on previous sold prices)

"Is values required to be visible to make what you want?"

Could you explain what kind of visibility you are referring to?
legendary
I noticed only a few typo's on the UI sample that you sent. "bo" should be "to". Otherwise it looks good!

Thanks.

I'm trying to understand you, but my English is not perfect.

Is values required to be visible to make what you want?

Is this variables calculated this way you need?
Total to buy at last price = BalanceUSD/LastPrice-Fee
Total to Receive at last price = BalanceBTC*LastPrice-Fee
legendary

legendary
For example:

If you look at the above image with the circle and highlights.

If you want to gain extra bitcoins by trading then you can rely on the red circled indicator for vital information on what is a beneficial trade.

If you want to increase the amount of USD (highlighted in yellow) in another trading strategy, this piece of information can be vital.

If you want to base the trade on a positive profit without taking into account the original BTC amount you already had in hand, you could rely on the indicator highlighted in green.

The problem is, I haven't found any straightforward way of making a ruleset that could take into account these three seperate values to make gains in the market. I had to rely on rules using "prices" rather than raw BTC gains or USD gains. (which are simple and straightforward values)

Do you sort of understand what I am trying to achieve?

legendary
What is normally available in the UI as "Total To Buy" could be used as a trigger. (in both buying and selling opportunities.)

I don't think there is a place to put this values in UI.
There is variables to hold values.

I think I'll put buy/sell total values on hover as tooltip of usd btc balances.

If you have any ideas how to display it, feel free to tell.
Week was long, I just finished stable api engine to make all more faster and failover.
So I'll add this feature now to lastest beta and tomorrow I'll publish release.

Can you confirm this translation is ok?
legendary
Hi,
I have been using this program for a while and it has some great features.

I really like the rules feature. I noticed though that it would be great if you could add a feature that automatically buys if a certain profit level is achieved.

See the pics below:

I noticed the encircled variable is not included in the ruleset building. (well, at least not directly)

I rendered this to give you an idea of what I mean:

I'll donate 2 BTC if you can find the time to add it, thanks for your hard work!
My original intention was to trade by changes in BTC values or USD price values.

What is normally available in the UI as "Total To Buy" could be used as a trigger. (in both buying and selling opportunities.)
legendary
Thanks for getting back to me on this, can it be either type?

If not, it would be great just to set it to buy/sell prices.

Do you mean to add more choices to be able chose between last and buy/sell prices?
Yes, if it is not too much trouble. I can think of one or more situations (on different strategies) where one type would be preferable over another.
legendary

Do you mean to add more choices to be able chose between last and buy/sell prices?
legendary
I really like the rules feature. I noticed though that it would be great if you could add a feature that automatically buys if a certain profit level is achieved.

Hi. Do you want this values to be calculated using Last price, or buy\sell prices?
Hi,

legendary

Hi. Do you want this values to be calculated using Last price, or buy\sell prices?
legendary
Is there any word on adding campbx to this trading software?

Stability now have higher priority for me.
So when program will be stable and fast as I want, I'll start adding another exchanges.
I cannot test all by myself, so I'll make simple interface to add exchanges for another developers who want to help me.
Keep tracking updates.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Is there any word on adding campbx to this trading software?
legendary
my alerts don't work :/

QAudioDevice uses sound driver depends on system.
You can try install another sound driver.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
what means "Got a buffer underflow!" message?

This is not critical warning and it caused by QtAudioDevice.

thought so.. do i have to have a wav or ogg files somewere in .config or is it using system default sound? my alerts don't work :/
legendary
To make such a feature IGHOR should make an OrderProcessor class.
There will be inherited classes of this OrderProcessor for each differents exchanges (MtGox, BTC-E...)
Currently developing features and fixes have high priority.
So I'll start make it later.
legendary

This is not critical warning and it caused by QtAudioDevice.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
hey IGHOR,

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
@kohonez: what you are expecting is also called "paper trading"

To make such a feature IGHOR should make an OrderProcessor class.
There will be inherited classes of this OrderProcessor for each differents exchanges (MtGox, BTC-E...)

In order to be able to provide a paper trading feature you could also inherit this OrderProcessor class
and put code into (you will have to store "executed" orders in a file or a database).
legendary
can you implement a test mode?.. with virtual money just to be safe before invest with real money Smiley

sorry for my bad english, btw beautiful piece of code!

Smiley

I can't make test mode yet. But I'll think how to make it.
You can test application now without any trades.
Example: create order to sell any volume at 200$ price.
Your order will not be executed. But you will see how it works.
Pages:
Jump to: