Pages:
Author

Topic: Qt Bitcoin Trader [Open Source secure trading client for Mac/Windows/Linux] - page 75. (Read 383267 times)

Activity: 391
Merit: 250
I understand your explanation. Thank you.

I'm trying to setup Stamp. I have activated API access from account settings. But where do I get the API key from and where can I setup the API key access (trades only) ?
legendary
Activity: 1035
Merit: 1065
How do I know if there are lost packets? As in, what happens then?

If you have a good Internet connection there will be no packet loss, but if you use 3G, GPRS etc.. it does.

On Mt.Gox if you press Buy, or rule will be executed to buy something, then program will send one http request to buy and it will wait for response, if there will be no response during 3 seconds it send another same packet and repeat this until delivered.

Problem with Bitstamp is in situation when request was send and timeout is reached, but server was got this request, there will be two requests to buy, so if requested to buy 0.2BTC then server will receive request to buy 0.4BTC.
Duplicated requests are ignored on Mt.Gox and BTC-e.
So this is a Bitstamp API problem.

Currently Qt Bitcoin Trader send only one request to buy and sell and this helps to prevent duplicated requests but retry on packet loss works for cancel order request, because it is not critical.

You may can ask me: "Why not set timeout to 10 or more seconds?"

I'll answer, there is both way issue. To complete one buy/sell request there is two packets needed.
1) Client->Server (request to buy..)
2) Server->Client (confirmation)

So if 2) confirmation packet will be lost but 1) request will be delivered, then timeout of 10 seconds or more will not helps to prevent duplicated order be happend.
And there is no ID available to associate request with opened order list to verify delivery.

When Bitstamp will release new api that uses parameter "nonce" to identify duplicated packages then I'll update API client engine.
v1.07.72 Beta released

Added Bitstamp support. Fixed minor bugs.
Feel free to give me feedbacks and bug reports.

Notes: Bitstamp API is slower than BTC-e and Mt.Gox. Resending packets on lost for Buy and Sell requests is not supported by Bitstamp API.

How do I know if there are lost packets? As in, what happens then?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
v1.07.72 Beta released

Notes: Bitstamp API is slower than BTC-e and Mt.Gox. Resending packets on lost for Buy and Sell requests is not supported by Bitstamp API.

Badass!!!  Will setup trading and see how that goes.  Again, quite simply a BADASS app.
legendary
v1.07.72 Beta released

legendary
Yes you're very right about the banning problem, got that a few times myself hahaha.  15 hours and no show?  That's not right, I can personally attest to using them as recent as 10 hours ago and had no issues.  Did you contact support?  Let me know if you get anywhere, if not I'll join in and help you get it resolved.

All BTC received. Just long delay.

Banning is not a problem, it just requires unique network setup for each exchange.
So all works fine and I'll release update later today.
Although I did notice some differences between the two "exchange_xxx" .  As soon as more comes back to me as it seems to be I hope to actually contribute to your project on git very shortly with the additional features folks (including myself) are wanting.

I make many tests before release new exchange. There is important to make client not be banned.
There is difference between all exchanges, but I'll make adding exchanges more simple.
Current features have higher priority so I'll start working about it later.

I have sent to my Bitstamp account 0.2 BTC 15 hours ago, but balance is still zero.
As soon as I get some Bitstamp balance I'll make tests and publish beta.

Yes you're very right about the banning problem, got that a few times myself hahaha.  15 hours and no show?  That's not right, I can personally attest to using them as recent as 10 hours ago and had no issues.  Did you contact support?  Let me know if you get anywhere, if not I'll join in and help you get it resolved.
legendary
Although I did notice some differences between the two "exchange_xxx" .  As soon as more comes back to me as it seems to be I hope to actually contribute to your project on git very shortly with the additional features folks (including myself) are wanting.

I make many tests before release new exchange. There is important to make client not be banned.
There is difference between all exchanges, but I'll make adding exchanges more simple.
Current features have higher priority so I'll start working about it later.

I have sent to my Bitstamp account 0.2 BTC 15 hours ago, but balance is still zero.
As soon as I get some Bitstamp balance I'll make tests and publish beta.
Good stuff, looking forward to the bitstamp exchange addition

Almost done. Waiting Bitstamp deposit completed to make final tests.

PS: btc-e and mt.gox api is match more better than bitstamp api. On Bitstamp resending packets on loss will not works.

Yah I noticed that..  I have a python trader I wrote that has that same exact problem!!  I've been fiddling with the timeout.. I noticed they had some ddos attacks going yesterday (maybe day before).   Either way it became an issue right away.  I saw you have a template going where you're sending the api requests with the same name in the function but changing it obviously for the specific exchange..  Maybe a plugin could provide those variables?  Although I did notice some differences between the two "exchange_xxx" .  As soon as more comes back to me as it seems to be I hope to actually contribute to your project on git very shortly with the additional features folks (including myself) are wanting. 

Thanks for a killer piece of software!
legendary
Good stuff, looking forward to the bitstamp exchange addition

Almost done. Waiting Bitstamp deposit completed to make final tests.

PS: btc-e and mt.gox api is match more better than bitstamp api. On Bitstamp resending packets on loss will not works.
Compiles properly, I was just about to post the correction myself actually pow -> qPow Smiley

Good stuff, looking forward to the bitstamp exchange addition, also looking at your code I'm getting a real good idea of how to add the other exchanges.  I see the issue is mainly their particular API calls, I started making some attempts to bring in all the exchanges but, so far my coding isn't working out right because I have to shift gears from Python to C++ (which I haven't coded in for a few years).  I hope I can help out but, I'm not really sure just yet because my coding is sucking so bad.

Just as a note I'm trying to bring in these exchanges:

bitbox
coinbase
fbtc

and if they ever do the right thing -> campbx <- (highly doubtful right now because of what I'm personally experiencing as many others are -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/newbie-warning-campbx-info-you-must-know-bitstamp-and-localbitcoins-are-ok-278973
legendary
Hey my man got a compile error on Linux nothing changed since your last build that was successfully compiling:

Code:
qtbitcointrader.cpp: In member function ‘void QtBitcoinTrader::loadUiSettings()’:
qtbitcointrader.cpp:508:41: error: ‘pow’ was not declared in this scope
  priceMinimumValue=pow(0.1,priceDecimals);
                                         ^
qtbitcointrader.cpp: In member function ‘void QtBitcoinTrader::currencyChanged(int)’:
qtbitcointrader.cpp:880:41: error: ‘pow’ was not declared in this scope
                                         ^
make: *** [.obj/qtbitcointrader.o] Error 1

Updated branch testing. Please confirm is it working.
Hey my man got a compile error on Linux nothing changed since your last build that was successfully compiling:

Code:
qtbitcointrader.cpp: In member function ‘void QtBitcoinTrader::loadUiSettings()’:
qtbitcointrader.cpp:508:41: error: ‘pow’ was not declared in this scope
                                         ^
qtbitcointrader.cpp: In member function ‘void QtBitcoinTrader::currencyChanged(int)’:
qtbitcointrader.cpp:880:41: error: ‘pow’ was not declared in this scope
                                         ^
make: *** [.obj/qtbitcointrader.o] Error 1
legendary
Updates on Bitstamp please?

Bitstamp will be added to next beta build.
Hey, nice piece of software. When do you plan to add Bitstamp, so I can donate some BTC to you? Smiley

Bitstamp will be added soon. I think in a week.

Updates on Bitstamp please?
legendary
When will the next version be released?

I Hope I'll release update within a week.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
When will the next version be released?
legendary
Excellent software!!

Do you have any plans to add bitstamp?  Also do you have any plans to have a "plug-in" type of deal us hackers might be able to work with for adding an additional exchange for example? Wink

Thanks again!

Bitstamp will be added soon.
I'm thinking about to add plugin support to add custom features.
Keep tracking updates.
Excellent software!!

Do you have any plans to add bitstamp?  Also do you have any plans to have a "plug-in" type of deal us hackers might be able to work with for adding an additional exchange for example? Wink

Thanks again!
legendary
^^Thats what I meant.

Thank you! Screenshot is the best way to help me understand.
I'll make checkbox to allow manual resizing.
Try v1.07.64 beta.
Pages:
Jump to: